Map Name:The Race to Promontory Point
Number of Territories:37
Special Features:Starting Neutrals, autodeploys
What Makes This Map Worthy of Being Made:
- 1. main reason - small 1v1 map that is a couple of rounds long
2. easy-peasy, quick games
3. pertinent to the USA, this was a battle between 2 railroad companies to see who could build their section of line first.
4. some rail fans and 1v1 fans might like it
Map Image: Small 630x600
- 1. two players start at each end of their respective lines and build their section to complete the last remaining section of the Transcontinental railroad in the USA fomr Omaha - Sacremento
2. First to drive (attain) the Golden Spike and hold it for one turn wins the race, but you must also hold all other sections of your line
3. there are varying neutrals along the way to conquer determined by the challenges experienced by each R.R. company
4. your opponent can bombard your bridges
Major Indian attack outside Plum Creek
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M3OM_UnnCNM (1st of 5 on the RR)
and others in the thread.