josko.ri and OzBloke [noted]

All previously decided cases. Please check here before opening a new case.

Moderators: Multi Hunters, Cheating/Abuse Team, Global Moderators

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

[These cases have been closed. If you would like to appeal the decision of the hunter please open a ticket on the help page and the case will be looked into by a second hunter.]

Re: josko.ri and OzBloke [noted]

Postby spiesr on Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:06 pm

I think the issue that the OP was trying to raise is that since OzBloke's dissapperence does not seem to have been anticipated and caught Josko by surprise that OzBloke couldn't haven given his password to Josko before leaving. That would imply that Josko was in possession of OzBloke's password for an undetermined period of time beforehand, ready to jump in "just in case." Doing so may have been in violation of some previous rulings.
User avatar
Lieutenant spiesr
Suggestions Moderator
Suggestions Moderator
 
Posts: 2754
Joined: Mon May 08, 2006 10:52 am
Location: South Dakota
Medals: 23
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (5) General Contribution (2)

Re: josko.ri and OzBloke

Postby Leehar on Tue Dec 11, 2012 3:16 pm

codeblue1018 wrote:
Karl_R_Kroenen wrote:
josko.ri wrote:OzBloke did not appear online for more than one month, from my posting in his last hive quadruples chat that I will sit for him until the day I see his flag is not Japan anymore but is back to Australia. Nobody knows what has happened with him, as he did not leave any goodbye notice. So what we could do is:

1. assign him sitter until his flag reverts to Australia (did not happen)
2. let him deadbeat.

We did 1)


What give you the authority to take control of another players account in the sudden and lengthy disappearance?!?!


Authority? Has nothing to do with authority. In this particular case, Josko did as anyone of us would do; to finish taking turns in a clan game where a teammate went MIA. I have no problem with this whatsoever and to boot, it violates no rules. Why this was deemed "noted" is beyond me. Should have been labeled "cleared" up until the admin construct concise rules regarding sitting procedures.


Yeah, this does seem dubious. I would think it falls under the exact definition of emergency if someone goes awol from the site. He can't take his own turns, therefore you sit and cover for him to avoid deadbeating and accusations of point-dumping or other such nonsensical claim.

However, I think this was declared Noted, just to indicate that OZBloke's account has been suspended, and I assume no infraction against Josko.
Image
show
User avatar
Brigadier Leehar
Head Clan Director
Head Clan Director
 
Posts: 5963
Joined: Fri Mar 06, 2009 12:12 pm
Location: Graduation Ceremony
Medals: 125
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (31)
General Achievement (21) Clan Achievement (13) Training Achievement (7) Challenge Achievement (1) General Contribution (8)

Re: josko.ri and OzBloke [noted]

Postby Bones2484 on Tue Dec 11, 2012 4:06 pm

spiesr wrote:I think the issue that the OP was trying to raise is that since OzBloke's dissapperence does not seem to have been anticipated and caught Josko by surprise that OzBloke couldn't haven given his password to Josko before leaving. That would imply that Josko was in possession of OzBloke's password for an undetermined period of time beforehand, ready to jump in "just in case." Doing so may have been in violation of some previous rulings.


It's been clarified that this is allowed as long as you only log into the account to cover for potential missed turns if a player disappears. In this case this looks to be exactly what happened, so as long as josko hasn't joined/accepted any new games on Oz's account (and it doesn't look like he has) then there is no issue at all.
User avatar
Major Bones2484
 
Posts: 2308
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2007 11:24 am
Location: Los Angeles, CA (G1)
Medals: 65
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3)
Tournament Achievement (23) General Achievement (2) Clan Achievement (9) General Contribution (1)

Re: josko.ri and OzBloke

Postby Metsfanmax on Tue Dec 11, 2012 4:15 pm

Leehar wrote:
codeblue1018 wrote:
Karl_R_Kroenen wrote:
josko.ri wrote:OzBloke did not appear online for more than one month, from my posting in his last hive quadruples chat that I will sit for him until the day I see his flag is not Japan anymore but is back to Australia. Nobody knows what has happened with him, as he did not leave any goodbye notice. So what we could do is:

1. assign him sitter until his flag reverts to Australia (did not happen)
2. let him deadbeat.

We did 1)


What give you the authority to take control of another players account in the sudden and lengthy disappearance?!?!


Authority? Has nothing to do with authority. In this particular case, Josko did as anyone of us would do; to finish taking turns in a clan game where a teammate went MIA. I have no problem with this whatsoever and to boot, it violates no rules. Why this was deemed "noted" is beyond me. Should have been labeled "cleared" up until the admin construct concise rules regarding sitting procedures.


Yeah, this does seem dubious. I would think it falls under the exact definition of emergency if someone goes awol from the site. He can't take his own turns, therefore you sit and cover for him to avoid deadbeating and accusations of point-dumping or other such nonsensical claim.

However, I think this was declared Noted, just to indicate that OZBloke's account has been suspended, and I assume no infraction against Josko.


I see where he was coming from. Yes, if a player disappears for a couple of days, you take his turns and hope that he is ok and that he makes it back soon. If a player is AWOL for several consecutive weeks, at that point you should be notifying the admins instead of pretending like nothing happened. Yeah, if the account is suspended that might mess up the active games, but that would happen whenever someone leaves CC with active games going. It sucks for the teammates, but it's one player for one account here.
User avatar
Lieutenant Metsfanmax
Head Thinker
Head Thinker
 
Posts: 3714
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2007 11:01 pm
Location: NY
Medals: 41
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1)
Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (2) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (6) Clan Achievement (2)
General Contribution (6)

Re: josko.ri and OzBloke [noted]

Postby eddie2 on Tue Dec 11, 2012 6:45 pm

Bones2484 wrote:
spiesr wrote:I think the issue that the OP was trying to raise is that since OzBloke's dissapperence does not seem to have been anticipated and caught Josko by surprise that OzBloke couldn't haven given his password to Josko before leaving. That would imply that Josko was in possession of OzBloke's password for an undetermined period of time beforehand, ready to jump in "just in case." Doing so may have been in violation of some previous rulings.


It's been clarified that this is allowed as long as you only log into the account to cover for potential missed turns if a player disappears. In this case this looks to be exactly what happened, so as long as josko hasn't joined/accepted any new games on Oz's account (and it doesn't look like he has) then there is no issue at all.


because he was mia does this not bring it into the 1 hour rule being talked about hence the noted if josko was playing with more than 1 hour left on the clock.. that is the only thing i can think of for the noted.
Image
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class eddie2
 
Posts: 3813
Joined: Sun Sep 20, 2009 10:56 am
Location: jersey channel islands
Medals: 72
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (2) Tournament Achievement (4) General Achievement (5) Clan Achievement (9)
Tournament Contribution (5) General Contribution (3)

Re: josko.ri and OzBloke [noted]

Postby greenoaks on Tue Dec 11, 2012 7:18 pm

eddie2 wrote:
Bones2484 wrote:
spiesr wrote:I think the issue that the OP was trying to raise is that since OzBloke's dissapperence does not seem to have been anticipated and caught Josko by surprise that OzBloke couldn't haven given his password to Josko before leaving. That would imply that Josko was in possession of OzBloke's password for an undetermined period of time beforehand, ready to jump in "just in case." Doing so may have been in violation of some previous rulings.


It's been clarified that this is allowed as long as you only log into the account to cover for potential missed turns if a player disappears. In this case this looks to be exactly what happened, so as long as josko hasn't joined/accepted any new games on Oz's account (and it doesn't look like he has) then there is no issue at all.


because he was mia does this not bring it into the 1 hour rule being talked about hence the noted if josko was playing with more than 1 hour left on the clock.. that is the only thing i can think of for the noted.

the 1 hour rule is a Clan rule, this is in C&A so does not apply
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class greenoaks
Tech Contributor
Tech Contributor
 
Posts: 9997
Joined: Mon Nov 12, 2007 12:47 am
Medals: 138
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (4) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (4)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (30) General Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (14)
Tournament Contribution (34) General Contribution (4)

Re: josko.ri and OzBloke [noted]

Postby Foxglove on Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:06 pm

eddie2 wrote:
Bones2484 wrote:
spiesr wrote:I think the issue that the OP was trying to raise is that since OzBloke's dissapperence does not seem to have been anticipated and caught Josko by surprise that OzBloke couldn't haven given his password to Josko before leaving. That would imply that Josko was in possession of OzBloke's password for an undetermined period of time beforehand, ready to jump in "just in case." Doing so may have been in violation of some previous rulings.


It's been clarified that this is allowed as long as you only log into the account to cover for potential missed turns if a player disappears. In this case this looks to be exactly what happened, so as long as josko hasn't joined/accepted any new games on Oz's account (and it doesn't look like he has) then there is no issue at all.


because he was mia does this not bring it into the 1 hour rule being talked about hence the noted if josko was playing with more than 1 hour left on the clock.. that is the only thing i can think of for the noted.


And yet again you prove that you have zero comprehension of the passage of time, dates, and how these seemingly nebulous concepts are related. How anybody can ever believe a single claim that you make is beyond me - almost everything you post can be assumed to be a lie or an exaggeration. I suppose some people would prefer for your falsehoods to be true rather than fact check anything you write.

Here are some events in chronological order:

OzBloke's last turn:
Game 11798710: 2012-12-04 08:32:36 - OzBloke ended the turn (I believe this was the last turn taken, by josko because Oz went MIA)

KA posts in this thread:
Re: josko.ri and OzBloke by king achilles on Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:37 pm

Rules posted:
The Official Clan Sitting Rules by Nicky15 on Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:58 pm

It couldn't possibly be reasonable to Note a case for rules that haven't even been published yet.
Brigadier Foxglove
Beta Team Member
Beta Team Member
 
Posts: 1196
Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2007 1:05 pm
Medals: 57
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1)
Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1)
Tournament Achievement (7) General Achievement (6) Clan Achievement (11) Tournament Contribution (1) General Contribution (6)

Re: josko.ri and OzBloke [noted]

Postby Funkyterrance on Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:11 am

Foxglove wrote:
And yet again you prove that you have zero comprehension of the passage of time, dates, and how these seemingly nebulous concepts are related. How anybody can ever believe a single claim that you make is beyond me - almost everything you post can be assumed to be a lie or an exaggeration. I suppose some people would prefer for your falsehoods to be true rather than fact check anything you write.


You know, your post would have been way more effective if you had just omitted the above paragraph? Now you just come off as a spokesperson for your clan who can't keep their insults and biased stance under wraps.
Ever heard of the phrase: "Just the facts, maam" ?
Image
User avatar
Colonel Funkyterrance
 
Posts: 1924
Joined: Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:52 pm
Location: New Hampshire, USA
Medals: 22
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (3) General Contribution (1)

Re: josko.ri and OzBloke [noted]

Postby Foxglove on Wed Dec 12, 2012 3:14 pm

Funkyterrance wrote:
Foxglove wrote:
And yet again you prove that you have zero comprehension of the passage of time, dates, and how these seemingly nebulous concepts are related. How anybody can ever believe a single claim that you make is beyond me - almost everything you post can be assumed to be a lie or an exaggeration. I suppose some people would prefer for your falsehoods to be true rather than fact check anything you write.


You know, your post would have been way more effective if you had just omitted the above paragraph? Now you just come off as a spokesperson for your clan who can't keep their insults and biased stance under wraps.
Ever heard of the phrase: "Just the facts, maam" ?


Now it's your reading comprehension that should be called into question. Nowhere in the text of my post is there mention of a single clan name. I freely admit that I was insulting eddie as a secondary bonus to my primary purpose of correcting his assumptions (people occasionally believe what he says, so I even more occasionally post corrections). If you've read more than one or two of his posts you, too, might notice his habitual pattern of twisting facts and dates to reinforce his gut feelings. As far as your claim of my "biased stance" goes - I don't think I'm unfairly prejudiced against eddie. Do you? Again, please do some research before making that claim.
Brigadier Foxglove
Beta Team Member
Beta Team Member
 
Posts: 1196
Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2007 1:05 pm
Medals: 57
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1)
Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1)
Tournament Achievement (7) General Achievement (6) Clan Achievement (11) Tournament Contribution (1) General Contribution (6)

Re: josko.ri and OzBloke [noted]

Postby deathcomesrippin on Wed Dec 12, 2012 3:27 pm

I think this is good, you two. Let's just leave this one alone.
User avatar
Lieutenant deathcomesrippin
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter
 
Posts: 1272
Joined: Fri Jan 12, 2007 11:26 am
Location: Canada
Medals: 53
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (9) General Contribution (6)

Re: josko.ri and OzBloke [noted]

Postby eddie2 on Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:34 pm

foxglove i was not trying to bait or anything i have know ozbloke for ages, as a matter of fact it was me who brought him into the clan world he left aka to join thota then you guys. i was just saying i could not see any breach of the sitting rules because he went awol and josko only finished his games he was actively in... So the only thing i could see was that they noted on the fact that since there was no defined amount of time oz was missing then the in danger of missing a turn rule applied (which has now been applied as one hour.) but by the example game you have shown josko was taking turns with 22 hours still on the clock. you might not understand some of my short posts but most now do understand them and if you had looked you would of seen what i was saying made sense. but as you openly said you baited me in the above post and this has been reported as such. because like i said i am not falling for players baiting posts towards me again.
Image
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class eddie2
 
Posts: 3813
Joined: Sun Sep 20, 2009 10:56 am
Location: jersey channel islands
Medals: 72
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (2) Tournament Achievement (4) General Achievement (5) Clan Achievement (9)
Tournament Contribution (5) General Contribution (3)

Re: josko.ri and OzBloke [noted]

Postby jefjef on Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:32 am

kinga ruled on this on dec 5 and here it is the 12 and this thread is still going on it is not a discussion thread and you all are just baiting each other and it is not conducive to peace and love the ruling was fair and just and no real rules were broken it was just noted to keep an eye on the Oz account now lets leave our clan crap out of this and move on this baiting must stop and will be reported no more spam or trolling please lets have respect for each other this holiday season and stop making the mods job tougher than it has to be why this isn't locked i don't know why but it really needs to be before it gets out of hand and off topic and before the trolls come out of the wood work and make senseless and poorly formatted posts.
This post was made by jefjef who should be on your ignore list.
Image
drunkmonkey wrote:I'm filing a C&A report right now. Its nice because they have a drop-down for "jefjef".
User avatar
Colonel jefjef
 
Posts: 5962
Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2009 8:41 pm
Location: on my ass
Medals: 46
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (4) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (4) General Achievement (2) Clan Achievement (9)
Tournament Contribution (2)

Previous

Return to Closed C&A Reports

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: ke_rassa and 2 guests

Login