Conquer Club

josko.ri and OzBloke [noted]

All previously decided cases. Please check here before opening a new case.

Moderators: Multi Hunters, Cheating/Abuse Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

[These cases have been closed. If you would like to appeal the decision of the hunter please open a ticket on the help page and the case will be looked into by a second hunter.]

josko.ri and OzBloke [noted]

Postby smegal69 on Wed Dec 05, 2012 7:20 pm

Accused:

josko.ri
OzBloke

The accused are suspected of:
Account sitting abuse

Game number:

Game 11665182

Comments: this is from game chat:

"2012-09-28 17:46:33 - josko.ri: it was josko for Oz this turn, we had agreemet to meet 45 min before turn ending but seems he wasnt able to connect"

josko.ri was not asked to look after his account so why did he have have OzBlokes password?
is this not against the rules? you are not meant to have another person password 24/7

here is the ruling in the COF case,

Re: Chariot of Fire[pending]es

Postby king achilles on Sun Jul 22, 2012 2:31 pm
Apparently, ES has got some real life stuff to attend to so I will close this case instead.

After further review of the evidence presented here and some relevant posts and pm's sent to us, we found Chariot of Fire - guilty of account sitting abuse.

Let me remind that Account sitting is only for situations where the player is in danger of missing his turn. It is not for the purpose of safeguarding someone's games, 24 hours/day for as long as you want, nor is it for people who will intentionally not take their turns so that their account sitter or clan mate can take the turn for them. It is not a 24/7 responsibility of anyone to look after the games of their friends or clan mates as this can be seen as account sharing where more than one person is already freely logging in to one account whenever these people want to. You can only take this too far.

CoF, you have been warned before and this is already your 2nd major infraction of the same case and therefore, you get a one month ban for this. Do not be responsible for other people's games. Your friends should be responsible enough to play their own games and not share their account with you because they know you are there to prevent them from missing a turn and they would do other stuff instead. This dependency should stop from this point on. Let them play their own games. If this was all your own freewill then just the same, this has really got to stop.
To those people who shared their account with CoF and let this happen, you should take better care of your account to prevent this from happening again. You are as guilty as CoF and shall also get what is due for you. After evaluating the game chats, those people who willingly and knowingly let this happen, have also receive their due for this.

For your own good, please do take note of this:

and today when i looked at josko.ri wall i seen he is in Japan.... thats strange, so i had a look at the score board and see Ozbloke there also...... i smell something fishy about the top six player in japan.... how many of them are in japan?

and if josko.ri & OzBloke can some one explane the account sitting rule to me again, i may be a bit slow
Last edited by smegal69 on Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lieutenant smegal69

Location: Doing Hard Time on "The ROCK", in the southern ocean

Re: josko.ri and OzBloke

Postby king achilles on Wed Dec 05, 2012 7:40 pm

Where did you get this?
josko.ri was not asked to look after his account so why did he have have OzBlokes password?
Corporal 1st Class king achilles
Support Admin
Support Admin

Postby josko.ri on Wed Dec 05, 2012 7:46 pm

OzBloke did not appear online for more than one month, from my posting in his last hive quadruples chat that I will sit for him until the day I see his flag is not Japan anymore but is back to Australia. Nobody knows what has happened with him, as he did not leave any goodbye notice. So what we could do is:

1. assign him sitter until his flag reverts to Australia (did not happen)
2. let him deadbeat.

We did 1)
Major josko.ri

Postby IcePack on Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:02 pm

i smell something fishy about the top six player in japan

I can say for certain rousseau72 is from Japan, and shouldn't be lumped in some random shot @ the "top 6 fishy players in japan".
He's got nothing to do with this report.

IcePack

fac vitam incredibilem memento vivere
Knowledge Weighs Nothing, Carry All You Can
Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby mviola on Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:05 pm

No one respond to this, one of the worst trolls on the site is at it again.
High Score: 2906
Major mviola

Postby sjnap on Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:10 pm

And the conspiracy continues. [-(
Brigadier sjnap

Postby smegal69 on Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:17 pm

IcePack wrote:
i smell something fishy about the top six player in japan

I can say for certain rousseau72 is from Japan, and shouldn't be lumped in some random shot @ the "top 6 fishy players in japan".
He's got nothing to do with this report.

IcePack

i would like to say sorry to rousseau72 ...... but i know not all of them are from Japan

mviola wrote:No one respond to this, one of the worst trolls on the site is at it again.

look who is trolling here...... if you do not have anything to add to the case please keep out of the thread
Lieutenant smegal69

Location: Doing Hard Time on "The ROCK", in the southern ocean

Postby mviola on Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:44 pm

smegal69 wrote:
mviola wrote:No one respond to this, one of the worst trolls on the site is at it again.

look who is trolling here...... if you do not have anything to add to the case please keep out of the thread

You can clearly see the other C&A report against Josko and how it was noted. The point is there is a huge difference between the two cases. Moonchild is knowingly going to be away for 2 or 3 days every week yet is put in the games, and OzBloke is currently very obviously MIA.

Look at OzBloke's games. He's not being put into any more and it's consistent that his account is going to be closed down since he's clearly not taking his turns. His last game joined was over a month ago and any idiot could see that if they looked at his games played. I think you're just upset that you lost, and saw the Moonchild C&A report and decided to be obnoxious.

But then again this is clearly an attention grab from you, since you've opened a few C&A reports just because you think you're going to get a medal for piling on someone. Well, it's either an attention grab or you're just dumb as f*ck, which I wouldn't rule out either. But please, go on about how I'm trolling a thread when it's whole purpose is to troll the mods and everyone else who reads it.
High Score: 2906
Major mviola

Postby Karl_R_Kroenen on Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:02 am

josko.ri wrote:OzBloke did not appear online for more than one month, from my posting in his last hive quadruples chat that I will sit for him until the day I see his flag is not Japan anymore but is back to Australia. Nobody knows what has happened with him, as he did not leave any goodbye notice. So what we could do is:

2. let him deadbeat.

We did 1)

What give you the authority to take control of another players account in the sudden and lengthy disappearance?!?!
Sergeant 1st Class Karl_R_Kroenen

Postby jefjef on Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:05 am

Karl_R_Kroenen wrote:
josko.ri wrote:OzBloke did not appear online for more than one month, from my posting in his last hive quadruples chat that I will sit for him until the day I see his flag is not Japan anymore but is back to Australia. Nobody knows what has happened with him, as he did not leave any goodbye notice. So what we could do is:

2. let him deadbeat.

We did 1)

What give you the authority to take control of another players account in the sudden and lengthy disappearance?!?!

As long as he only covered turns and did not create/join any games he didn't break the sitting rule and can hardly be construed as "taking control". Just plain ole sitting.
This post was made by jefjef who should be on your ignore list.
drunkmonkey wrote:I'm filing a C&A report right now. Its nice because they have a drop-down for "jefjef".
Colonel jefjef

Postby IcePack on Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:14 am

Karl_R_Kroenen wrote:

2. let him deadbeat.

We did 1)

In the event a player goes AWOL, you're allowed to sit those existing games / turns w the expectation that the player reasonably might return. As long as not making and creating games. Once those games are completed the account is left alone until said player does return?

(As long as he was OzBlokes sitter and didn't take over sitting for him without previously having OzBlokes sitter permissions etc.)

fac vitam incredibilem memento vivere
Knowledge Weighs Nothing, Carry All You Can
Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby josko.ri on Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:23 am

Karl_R_Kroenen wrote:

2. let him deadbeat.

We did 1)

It is not taking control, taking control is when I join games, post in forums, or so, not when sitting for him when his turn comes during his absence.

When I sat, I did not know if he will be back in one day, or never come back. We contacted him by facebook and by email, no reply. Maybe really something bad happened to him, but we do not know.

This is from KORT forum (mods have access so can check truth):
viewtopic.php?f=392&t=181379

Topic name: Anyone heard for OzBloke?, by josko.ri

josko.ri wrote:OzBloke did not log in for 2-3 weeks, I took sitting for him, but I always check if it is Australia or Japan flag before sitting and it was always Japan. Does anyone know what happened with him? I am pretty sure he is type of person who would not just disappear without saying any note.

SirSebstar wrote:that does make me worry... i have had no word from him

loes wrote:Send him a message on facebook.(we see)

We are not happy he disappeared and he probably had some hard reason. So what should we do? let he deadbeat all his games?

How we knew he disappeared? he missed a turn in Game 11798695 which was obvious sign he is not around. then other turns in other games come close to missing, so that was obvious sign he cannot access his profile. and he was often KORT forum poster and dedicated player, that is why his missing was very weird to everyone in clan. So would it be better left him deadbeat all games in those circumstances?

p.s. I had his pw because was sitting for him in some previous occasion when he was on holidays.
Major josko.ri

Postby king achilles on Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:37 am

OzBloke's account is suspended indefinitely until he returns. Unless you are the owner, I would expect that no one would log in to this account since he is in no longer active in any games as of now.
Corporal 1st Class king achilles
Support Admin
Support Admin

Postby eddie2 on Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:57 am

king achilles wrote:OzBloke's account is suspended indefinitely until he returns. Unless you are the owner, I would expect that no one would log in to this account since he is in no longer active in any games as of now.

well this says it all he is not active in any games so obviously josko was not using the account apart from finishing his active games.... ozbloke was a member i brought into the clan world and is a stand up guy. he obviously has had some real life issues and i hope everything is ok with him. maybe we should contact pascalleke as he was real close online friends with him and might now what is happening
Major eddie2

Postby codeblue1018 on Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:46 am

Karl_R_Kroenen wrote:

2. let him deadbeat.

We did 1)

Authority? Has nothing to do with authority. In this particular case, Josko did as anyone of us would do; to finish taking turns in a clan game where a teammate went MIA. I have no problem with this whatsoever and to boot, it violates no rules. Why this was deemed "noted" is beyond me. Should have been labeled "cleared" up until the admin construct concise rules regarding sitting procedures.
Lieutenant codeblue1018

Re: josko.ri and OzBloke [noted]

Postby spiesr on Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:06 pm

I think the issue that the OP was trying to raise is that since OzBloke's dissapperence does not seem to have been anticipated and caught Josko by surprise that OzBloke couldn't haven given his password to Josko before leaving. That would imply that Josko was in possession of OzBloke's password for an undetermined period of time beforehand, ready to jump in "just in case." Doing so may have been in violation of some previous rulings.
Captain spiesr

Postby Leehar on Tue Dec 11, 2012 3:16 pm

codeblue1018 wrote:
Karl_R_Kroenen wrote:

2. let him deadbeat.

We did 1)

Authority? Has nothing to do with authority. In this particular case, Josko did as anyone of us would do; to finish taking turns in a clan game where a teammate went MIA. I have no problem with this whatsoever and to boot, it violates no rules. Why this was deemed "noted" is beyond me. Should have been labeled "cleared" up until the admin construct concise rules regarding sitting procedures.

Yeah, this does seem dubious. I would think it falls under the exact definition of emergency if someone goes awol from the site. He can't take his own turns, therefore you sit and cover for him to avoid deadbeating and accusations of point-dumping or other such nonsensical claim.

However, I think this was declared Noted, just to indicate that OZBloke's account has been suspended, and I assume no infraction against Josko.
show
Colonel Leehar

Postby Bones2484 on Tue Dec 11, 2012 4:06 pm

spiesr wrote:I think the issue that the OP was trying to raise is that since OzBloke's dissapperence does not seem to have been anticipated and caught Josko by surprise that OzBloke couldn't haven given his password to Josko before leaving. That would imply that Josko was in possession of OzBloke's password for an undetermined period of time beforehand, ready to jump in "just in case." Doing so may have been in violation of some previous rulings.

It's been clarified that this is allowed as long as you only log into the account to cover for potential missed turns if a player disappears. In this case this looks to be exactly what happened, so as long as josko hasn't joined/accepted any new games on Oz's account (and it doesn't look like he has) then there is no issue at all.
Major Bones2484

Postby Metsfanmax on Tue Dec 11, 2012 4:15 pm

Leehar wrote:
codeblue1018 wrote:
Karl_R_Kroenen wrote:

2. let him deadbeat.

We did 1)

Yeah, this does seem dubious. I would think it falls under the exact definition of emergency if someone goes awol from the site. He can't take his own turns, therefore you sit and cover for him to avoid deadbeating and accusations of point-dumping or other such nonsensical claim.

However, I think this was declared Noted, just to indicate that OZBloke's account has been suspended, and I assume no infraction against Josko.

I see where he was coming from. Yes, if a player disappears for a couple of days, you take his turns and hope that he is ok and that he makes it back soon. If a player is AWOL for several consecutive weeks, at that point you should be notifying the admins instead of pretending like nothing happened. Yeah, if the account is suspended that might mess up the active games, but that would happen whenever someone leaves CC with active games going. It sucks for the teammates, but it's one player for one account here.
Sergeant 1st Class Metsfanmax

Postby eddie2 on Tue Dec 11, 2012 6:45 pm

Bones2484 wrote:
spiesr wrote:I think the issue that the OP was trying to raise is that since OzBloke's dissapperence does not seem to have been anticipated and caught Josko by surprise that OzBloke couldn't haven given his password to Josko before leaving. That would imply that Josko was in possession of OzBloke's password for an undetermined period of time beforehand, ready to jump in "just in case." Doing so may have been in violation of some previous rulings.

It's been clarified that this is allowed as long as you only log into the account to cover for potential missed turns if a player disappears. In this case this looks to be exactly what happened, so as long as josko hasn't joined/accepted any new games on Oz's account (and it doesn't look like he has) then there is no issue at all.

because he was mia does this not bring it into the 1 hour rule being talked about hence the noted if josko was playing with more than 1 hour left on the clock.. that is the only thing i can think of for the noted.
Major eddie2

Postby greenoaks on Tue Dec 11, 2012 7:18 pm

eddie2 wrote:
Bones2484 wrote:

because he was mia does this not bring it into the 1 hour rule being talked about hence the noted if josko was playing with more than 1 hour left on the clock.. that is the only thing i can think of for the noted.

the 1 hour rule is a Clan rule, this is in C&A so does not apply
Sergeant greenoaks

Postby Foxglove on Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:06 pm

eddie2 wrote:
Bones2484 wrote:

And yet again you prove that you have zero comprehension of the passage of time, dates, and how these seemingly nebulous concepts are related. How anybody can ever believe a single claim that you make is beyond me - almost everything you post can be assumed to be a lie or an exaggeration. I suppose some people would prefer for your falsehoods to be true rather than fact check anything you write.

Here are some events in chronological order:

OzBloke's last turn:
Game 11798710: 2012-12-04 08:32:36 - OzBloke ended the turn (I believe this was the last turn taken, by josko because Oz went MIA)

KA posts in this thread:
Re: josko.ri and OzBloke by king achilles on Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:37 pm

Rules posted:
The Official Clan Sitting Rules by Nicky15 on Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:58 pm

It couldn't possibly be reasonable to Note a case for rules that haven't even been published yet.
Brigadier Foxglove

Postby Funkyterrance on Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:11 am

Foxglove wrote:
And yet again you prove that you have zero comprehension of the passage of time, dates, and how these seemingly nebulous concepts are related. How anybody can ever believe a single claim that you make is beyond me - almost everything you post can be assumed to be a lie or an exaggeration. I suppose some people would prefer for your falsehoods to be true rather than fact check anything you write.

You know, your post would have been way more effective if you had just omitted the above paragraph? Now you just come off as a spokesperson for your clan who can't keep their insults and biased stance under wraps.
Ever heard of the phrase: "Just the facts, maam" ?
Colonel Funkyterrance

Postby Foxglove on Wed Dec 12, 2012 3:14 pm

Funkyterrance wrote:
Foxglove wrote:

You know, your post would have been way more effective if you had just omitted the above paragraph? Now you just come off as a spokesperson for your clan who can't keep their insults and biased stance under wraps.
Ever heard of the phrase: "Just the facts, maam" ?

Now it's your reading comprehension that should be called into question. Nowhere in the text of my post is there mention of a single clan name. I freely admit that I was insulting eddie as a secondary bonus to my primary purpose of correcting his assumptions (people occasionally believe what he says, so I even more occasionally post corrections). If you've read more than one or two of his posts you, too, might notice his habitual pattern of twisting facts and dates to reinforce his gut feelings. As far as your claim of my "biased stance" goes - I don't think I'm unfairly prejudiced against eddie. Do you? Again, please do some research before making that claim.
Brigadier Foxglove

Postby deathcomesrippin on Wed Dec 12, 2012 3:27 pm

I think this is good, you two. Let's just leave this one alone.
Sergeant deathcomesrippin

Next

Return to Closed C&A Reports