Re: 1v1: Promontory Summit [10.3.14] BETA

Maps that may be nearing the end of production. Finalize maps here, while testing.

Moderators: Cartographers, Global Moderators

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Race to Promontory Summit [13.12.12] V3 - With Indians

Postby Oneyed on Wed Dec 12, 2012 6:09 pm

you could write names of 15 Tunels and Newcastle as other stations (like stations under indian attacks).
I can not see what these "unluckies" do? losing units?

Oneyed
Sergeant 1st Class Oneyed
 
Posts: 857
Joined: Sat Dec 10, 2011 12:29 pm
Medals: 11
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1)

Re: Race to Promontory Summit [13.12.12] V3 - With Indians

Postby isaiah40 on Wed Dec 12, 2012 6:39 pm

To expand on the idea of having four spikes, here's some good info:
On May 10, in anticipation of the ceremony, Union Pacific No. 119 and Central Pacific No. 60 (better known as the Jupiter) locomotives were drawn up face-to-face on Promontory Summit. It is unknown how many people attended the event; estimates run from as low as 500 to as many as 3,000; government and railroad officials and track workers were present to witness the event.[3]

Before the last spike was driven, three other commemorative spikes, presented on behalf of the other three members of the Central Pacific's Big Four who did not attend the ceremony, had been driven in the pre-bored laurel tie:

- a second, lower-quality gold spike, supplied by the San Francisco News Letter was made of $200 worth of gold and inscribed: With this spike the San Francisco News Letter offers its homage to the great work which has joined the Atlantic and Pacific Oceans.
- a silver spike, supplied by the State of Nevada; forged, rather than cast, of 25 troy ounces (780 g) of unpolished silver.
- a blended iron, silver and gold spike, supplied by the Arizona Territory, engraved: Ribbed with iron clad in silver and crowned with gold Arizona presents her offering to the enterprise that has banded a continent and dictated a pathway to commerce. (Source: Deseret Morning News, Salt Lake City, April 24, 2007)

The golden spike was made of 17.6-karat (73%) copper-alloyed gold, and weighed 14.03 troy ounces (436 g). It was dropped into a pre-drilled hole in the laurel ceremonial last tie, and gently tapped into place with a silver ceremonial spike maul. The spike was engraved on all four sides:

The Pacific Railroad ground broken January 8, 1863, and completed May 8, 1869.
Directors of the C. P. R. R. of Cal. Hon. Leland Stanford. C. P. Huntington. E. B. Crocker. Mark Hopkins. A. P. Stanford. E. H. Miller Jr.
Officers. Hon. Leland Stanford. Presdt. C. P. Huntington Vice Presdt. E. B. Crocker. Atty. Mark Hopkins. Tresr. Chas Crocker Gen. Supdt. E. H. Miller Jr. Secty. S. S. Montague. Chief Engr.
May God continue the unity of our Country, as this Railroad unites the two great Oceans of the world. Presented by David Hewes San Francisco.[3]
ImageImage
show: High Score
User avatar
Lieutenant isaiah40
 
Posts: 3957
Joined: Mon Aug 27, 2007 7:14 pm
Location: To be absent from the body is to be present with Christ
Medals: 36
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (2) General Achievement (4) Map Contribution (5) General Contribution (6)

Re: Race to Promontory Summit [13.12.12] V3 - With Indians

Postby cairnswk on Wed Dec 12, 2012 7:22 pm

Oneyed wrote:you could write names of 15 Tunels and Newcastle as other stations (like stations under indian attacks).
I can not see what these "unluckies" do? losing units?

Oneyed

Bombarded by your opponent Oneyed....don't you follow what is written in the top legend with regards to bridges and Indian attacks?
OR is that not clear for you?
User avatar
Corporal cairnswk
 
Posts: 11490
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 8:32 pm
Medals: 50
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (2) Map Contribution (35) General Contribution (3)

Re: Race to Promontory Summit [13.12.12] V3 - With Indians

Postby cairnswk on Wed Dec 12, 2012 7:26 pm

isaiah40 wrote:To expand on the idea of having four spikes, here's some good info:
...

Isaiah40...so do you propose that there should be four spikes instead of one...?
and should they all be the goal, or just two of each..?
or the gold spike plus two of the other three..?
please tell me what you are thinking....you will lessen the amount of roundabouts we have to go through to get to the end :idea: :)
User avatar
Corporal cairnswk
 
Posts: 11490
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 8:32 pm
Medals: 50
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (2) Map Contribution (35) General Contribution (3)

Re: Race to Promontory Summit [13.12.12] V3 - With Indians

Postby Jippd on Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:52 pm

what about spikes in the middle...it is a one way attack from each end...left or right...and once on the spikes the spikes can only attack other spikes in terms of troops that have been advanced. Just throwing that possibility out there.
User avatar
Colonel Jippd
 
Posts: 1373
Joined: Sun Aug 03, 2008 9:05 pm
Medals: 102
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (1) Bot Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (15)
General Achievement (6) Clan Achievement (17) Challenge Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (11)

Re: Race to Promontory Summit [13.12.12] V3 - With Indians

Postby isaiah40 on Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:06 am

cairnswk wrote:
isaiah40 wrote:To expand on the idea of having four spikes, here's some good info:
...

Isaiah40...so do you propose that there should be four spikes instead of one...?
and should they all be the goal, or just two of each..?
or the gold spike plus two of the other three..?
please tell me what you are thinking....you will lessen the amount of roundabouts we have to go through to get to the end :idea: :)

Yes I propose having 4 spikes and having them to be the goal/winning condition. Just my $0.02 worth on a winning condition.
ImageImage
show: High Score
User avatar
Lieutenant isaiah40
 
Posts: 3957
Joined: Mon Aug 27, 2007 7:14 pm
Location: To be absent from the body is to be present with Christ
Medals: 36
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (2) General Achievement (4) Map Contribution (5) General Contribution (6)

Re: Race to Promontory Summit [13.12.12] V3 - With Indians

Postby cairnswk on Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:18 am

isaiah40 wrote:
cairnswk wrote:
isaiah40 wrote:To expand on the idea of having four spikes, here's some good info:
...

Isaiah40...so do you propose that there should be four spikes instead of one...?
and should they all be the goal, or just two of each..?
or the gold spike plus two of the other three..?
please tell me what you are thinking....you will lessen the amount of roundabouts we have to go through to get to the end :idea: :)

Yes I propose having 4 spikes and having them to be the goal/winning condition. Just my $0.02 worth on a winning condition.


Jippd wrote:what about spikes in the middle...it is a one way attack from each end...left or right...and once on the spikes the spikes can only attack other spikes in terms of troops that have been advanced. Just throwing that possibility out there.


OK, isaiah40, thanks for that explanation, i think it very worthwhile. :)
Having 4 spikes (we already have one) means we would have to remove four other stations to bring the number back down to 36, i.e. 4 spikes plus 16 stations per line.
I beleive this is feasible for goldne number play- 36 terts.
What do you think about Jippd's idea for each spike being able to attack the other one....which when you think about it, ties in with the stations in other rail maps even though there is only one on this map.
While i created this simple concept i am open to suggestions that will help improve the gameplay, as long as it doesn't become too complicated. ;)
User avatar
Corporal cairnswk
 
Posts: 11490
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 8:32 pm
Medals: 50
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (2) Map Contribution (35) General Contribution (3)

Re: Race to Promontory Summit [13.12.12] V3 - With Indians

Postby isaiah40 on Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:35 am

cairnswk wrote:OK, isaiah40, thanks for that explanation, i think it very worthwhile. :)
Having 4 spikes (we already have one) means we would have to remove four other stations to bring the number back down to 36, i.e. 4 spikes plus 16 stations per line.
I beleive this is feasible for goldne number play- 36 terts.
What do you think about Jippd's idea for each spike being able to attack the other one....which when you think about it, ties in with the stations in other rail maps even though there is only one on this map.
While i created this simple concept i am open to suggestions that will help improve the gameplay, as long as it doesn't become too complicated. ;)

Well since this is a pending 1v1 map, we won't have to worry about the golden numbers. I think that if you have the 4 spikes as a winning condition IMHO, I'd have each RR attack the blended iron spike first, the silver spike, the first lower quality spike and then the golden spike. With this being the winning condition to simulate the completion of the RR. And really if you do this, any more and it will be way to complicated.
ImageImage
show: High Score
User avatar
Lieutenant isaiah40
 
Posts: 3957
Joined: Mon Aug 27, 2007 7:14 pm
Location: To be absent from the body is to be present with Christ
Medals: 36
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (2) General Achievement (4) Map Contribution (5) General Contribution (6)

Re: Race to Promontory Summit [13.12.12] V3 - With Indians

Postby cairnswk on Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:40 am

isaiah40 wrote:
cairnswk wrote:OK, isaiah40, thanks for that explanation, i think it very worthwhile. :)
Having 4 spikes (we already have one) means we would have to remove four other stations to bring the number back down to 36, i.e. 4 spikes plus 16 stations per line.
I beleive this is feasible for goldne number play- 36 terts.
What do you think about Jippd's idea for each spike being able to attack the other one....which when you think about it, ties in with the stations in other rail maps even though there is only one on this map.
While i created this simple concept i am open to suggestions that will help improve the gameplay, as long as it doesn't become too complicated. ;)

Well since this is a pending 1v1 map, we won't have to worry about the golden numbers. I think that if you have the 4 spikes as a winning condition IMHO, I'd have each RR attack the blended iron spike first, the silver spike, the first lower quality spike and then the golden spike. With this being the winning condition to simulate the completion of the RR. And really if you do this, any more and it will be way to complicated.

But would the spikes be able to attack each other...that's the question pending??
User avatar
Corporal cairnswk
 
Posts: 11490
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 8:32 pm
Medals: 50
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (2) Map Contribution (35) General Contribution (3)

Re: Race to Promontory Summit [13.12.12] V3 - With Indians

Postby isaiah40 on Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:43 am

I'll leave that to you. It might be good if they do, but either way I'd play this! :D :P
ImageImage
show: High Score
User avatar
Lieutenant isaiah40
 
Posts: 3957
Joined: Mon Aug 27, 2007 7:14 pm
Location: To be absent from the body is to be present with Christ
Medals: 36
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (2) General Achievement (4) Map Contribution (5) General Contribution (6)

Re: Race to Promontory Summit [13.12.12] V3 - With Indians

Postby cairnswk on Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:54 am

isaiah40 wrote:I'll leave that to you. It might be good if they do, but either way I'd play this! :D :P

OK.
If they are not able to attack each other, it means they have to each be attacked from Promontory Summit...and if there is an even contest, the players might be slugging it out for quite some time in flat rate, nuclear or no spoils.
To lessen this, it might be helpful if they were able to attack each other. :)

So going forward....
4 spikes as per your suggestion, with ability to attack each other...all attackable from Promontory Summit....map coming up shortly. :)
User avatar
Corporal cairnswk
 
Posts: 11490
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 8:32 pm
Medals: 50
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (2) Map Contribution (35) General Contribution (3)

Re: Race to Promontory Summit [13.12.12] V3 - With Indians

Postby Oneyed on Thu Dec 13, 2012 1:20 am

cairnswk wrote:
Oneyed wrote:you could write names of 15 Tunels and Newcastle as other stations (like stations under indian attacks).
I can not see what these "unluckies" do? losing units?

Oneyed

Bombarded by your opponent Oneyed....don't you follow what is written in the top legend with regards to bridges and Indian attacks?
OR is that not clear for you?


there is just written: Be careful! Saboteurs can destroy (bombard) bridges. or you can be hampered by poor labour supply, snowfalls and Indians.

so there is not mentioned who are saboteurs, from which place can opponent bombard you. is it only me who is not clear in this...? maybe the disasters could lose 1 army per turn?

Oneyed
Sergeant 1st Class Oneyed
 
Posts: 857
Joined: Sat Dec 10, 2011 12:29 pm
Medals: 11
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1)

Re: Race to Promontory Summit [13.12.12] V3 - With Indians

Postby cairnswk on Thu Dec 13, 2012 1:26 am

Oneyed wrote:
cairnswk wrote:
Oneyed wrote:you could write names of 15 Tunels and Newcastle as other stations (like stations under indian attacks).
I can not see what these "unluckies" do? losing units?

Oneyed

Bombarded by your opponent Oneyed....don't you follow what is written in the top legend with regards to bridges and Indian attacks?
OR is that not clear for you?


there is just written: Be careful! Saboteurs can destroy (bombard) bridges. or you can be hampered by poor labour supply, snowfalls and Indians.

so there is not mentioned who are saboteurs, from which place can opponent bombard you. is it only me who is not clear in this...? maybe the disasters could lose 1 army per turn?

Oneyed

NO, you're right Oneyed. :) It isn't clearly spelled out who are sabateurs but does it need to be when you only have one opponent in a 1v1 game I thought it would make sense that only your opponent could bombard?? :idea:
as for where you can bombard from that is still to be determined...so your thoughts on that please!
are you saying -1 decay for the disasters....can the xml do that? i don't think so!
but it can do killer neutrals, and i really don't want that in the game....overcomplicates things!
User avatar
Corporal cairnswk
 
Posts: 11490
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 8:32 pm
Medals: 50
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (2) Map Contribution (35) General Contribution (3)

Re: Race to Promontory Summit [13.12.12] V3 - With Indians

Postby Oneyed on Thu Dec 13, 2012 1:33 am

cairnswk wrote:NO, you're right Oneyed. :) It isn't clearly spelled out who are sabateurs but does it need to be when you only have one opponent in a 1v1 game I thought it would make sense that only your opponent could bombard?? :idea:


I understand that you can be bombarded only by your opponent. but you mentioned saboteurs, so player (or just me?) could assume only they can bombard, so player will look for them. I think...
cairnswk wrote:as for where you can bombard from that is still to be determined...so your thoughts on that please!


this is about hwat I speak.
cairnswk wrote:are you saying -1 decay for the disasters....can the xml do that? i don't think so!
but it can do killer neutrals, and i really don't want that in the game....overcomplicates things!


ofcourse -1 decay is possible. look for example on Napoleonic wars and there are winter regions which lose army per turn to the players last army...

Oneyed
Sergeant 1st Class Oneyed
 
Posts: 857
Joined: Sat Dec 10, 2011 12:29 pm
Medals: 11
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1)

Re: Race to Promontory Summit [13.12.12] V4 - With Indians

Postby cairnswk on Thu Dec 13, 2012 1:59 am

Version 4.
4 spikes added, with some adjustment to the narration.
Image
User avatar
Corporal cairnswk
 
Posts: 11490
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 8:32 pm
Medals: 50
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (2) Map Contribution (35) General Contribution (3)

PreviousNext

Return to Beta Maps

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

cron
Login