Conquer Club

[GO] 12 Hour Game Rounds

Have any bright ideas? Share and discuss them with the community

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

And don't forget to search for previously suggested ideas first!

Should this be implemented?

Yes
47%
No
47%
Undecided
7%

Total votes : 43

Re: 12 hour option

Postby ender516 on Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:40 am

I didn't know you had a spiteful side, squishyg.
Sergeant 1st Class ender516

Postby squishyg on Sat Jun 16, 2012 1:31 pm

ender516 wrote:I didn't know you had a spiteful side, squishyg.

Hehe, I have an everything side once in awhile ;-)

But as a rule I don't like arguments based on entitlement. "you guys have so much money that we deserve more options" and so forth.
There is no fog rule and I am no gentleman.
Robinette wrote:
Kaskavel wrote:Seriously. Who is the female conqueror of CC?

Depends on what metric you use...
The coolest is squishyg
Captain squishyg

Postby Hornet95 on Sun Jun 17, 2012 7:45 am

I've been a premium twice.

That being said, this suggestion is a good one for both premiums and freemiums. Premiums get speed games. 12 hour games are NOT speed games; for speed games, you have to literally hang out at the computer while the game is in progress.

This would fall along the same line as 1v1 games, freestyle, which freemiums already take advantage of.

+1
Colonel Hornet95

Postby Sniper08 on Sun Jun 17, 2012 10:11 am

Hornet95 wrote:I've been a premium twice.

That being said, this suggestion is a good one for both premiums and freemiums. Premiums get speed games. 12 hour games are NOT speed games; for speed games, you have to literally hang out at the computer while the game is in progress.

This would fall along the same line as 1v1 games, freestyle, which freemiums already take advantage of.

+1

there should be more options for premiums, as it is there is only unlimited games that most premiums buy it for but if more premium oriented options become available maybe freeloaders like yourself will actually buy premium.

12 hrs is a good idea but it probably would result in more missed turns but 16 hr options would be better
Colonel Sniper08
SoC Training Adviser

Postby PapaGeek on Mon Jun 18, 2012 1:11 pm

I usually play in the morning, at lunch, when I get home and before I go to bed; 4 times a day.

The problem with a 12 hour game is if I sleep late one morning, canā€™t take the time to play that morning and by the time lunch rolls around it is more than 12 hours.
Major PapaGeek

Postby chapcrap on Mon Jun 18, 2012 3:13 pm

PapaGeek wrote:I usually play in the morning, at lunch, when I get home and before I go to bed; 4 times a day.

The problem with a 12 hour game is if I sleep late one morning, canā€™t take the time to play that morning and by the time lunch rolls around it is more than 12 hours.

When people post things like this, it makes me say: then you don't have to play. People who want to can.

Having options is never bad. If it was a change from 24 to 12, I would vehemently oppose it. But it's only an option.
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby Dorieus on Tue Jun 19, 2012 10:25 am

PapaGeek:
I usually play in the morning, at lunch, when I get home and before I go to bed; 4 times a day.

are you a dog?

no offence meant.
Private Dorieus

Postby HardAttack on Tue Jun 19, 2012 10:33 am

macbone wrote:Personally, I wouldn't use this option. With 24-hour turns, some days it's tough enough to log in once, and with 12-hours, you'd need to log in every 12 hours. For those with plenty of time on their hands, I can see this being an attractive option, but I'd probably never play a game with 12-hour turns.

+1

When considered sleep time for an avarage man/woman is 7-8 hours, 12 hours turn limit will put stress over ppl forcing them to login to the site every possible, and still there will be real huge occurances of missed turns. To help (not intentionally) number of missed turns to increase is to make way more exploitting of this option for the farmers, and what openings for bad use for free style players this wud brought is another matter to think about.

I dont like this option at all. It is not well suit for team play is another matter...Most of team game players will no way like of this option but only is sutable (njoyable) for multiplayer games and 1v1s.

On the other hand, i am someone who hates restrictions, from this way of looking to the matter maybe this option can be brought up but again i dont think this option will be offering to a huge portion of all members, but there will be a small portion of folks using and njoying of it.
LEGENDS of WAR
Colonel HardAttack

Postby agentcom on Sat Jun 23, 2012 2:23 pm

chapcrap wrote:
PapaGeek wrote:I usually play in the morning, at lunch, when I get home and before I go to bed; 4 times a day.

When people post things like this, it makes me say: then you don't have to play. People who want to can.

Having options is never bad. If it was a change from 24 to 12, I would vehemently oppose it. But it's only an option.

I agree with you here.

However, I'm not sure that many people will even play it for the reasons mentioned. How many people can actually guarantee that they will be on every 12 hours. I think there would be many more missed turns and lots of sitter action going on (which can be a situation that is abused).

I would rather see them implement some longer round length options than shorter, as I and others have proposed in another suggestion. I see more benefit in that than this. But hey, if they did them both at the same time, I wouldn't be opposed.
Brigadier agentcom

Postby squishyg on Sun Jun 24, 2012 10:43 pm

I have no issue with the suggestion, but I doubt I'd ever use this setting. Unless there was a weekend "pause" button, but that suggestion has rightfully been trashed multiple times.
There is no fog rule and I am no gentleman.
Robinette wrote:
Kaskavel wrote:Seriously. Who is the female conqueror of CC?

Depends on what metric you use...
The coolest is squishyg
Captain squishyg

Round Length times need a middle of the road

Postby Madwacker on Tue Sep 11, 2012 10:25 am

The current Round Length times do not have enough middle road. They start at 24 hours and jump immediately to 5 minutes.

I would like to see a nice middle ground of say 12 and/or 6 hours of Round Length, so that more turns can be taken during the day and keep a nice game going. I hate waiting sometimes 2-3 days for my turn in a 4 player game when the other players take that 24 hours to heart. The game also loses my interest because it takes so long. On the flip side I don't want them to be speed games either.

Maybe also allow paying players to set Custom Round Lengths?
Private Madwacker

Re: Round Length times need a middle of the road

Postby agentcom on Tue Sep 11, 2012 5:14 pm

Do you not ever go to sleep for more than a couple hours at a time?
Brigadier agentcom

Postby Madwacker on Fri Sep 14, 2012 10:11 am

That's like saying nobody has time for the Speed games. For example, I'm in a game that started on the 10th at 3pm and its now the 14th and we've only barely progressed 3 rounds. I like to play more often during the day, but I don't want 5min rounds. So moving the cap down to 6 hours or 2 hours or whatever, would give the players like me not speed games, but faster games with more turns. If when finding a game, that isn't your cup of tea, move on.
Private Madwacker

Postby darth emperor on Fri Sep 14, 2012 12:21 pm

You did not understand what he meant. Playing games of 5 minutes, means that you know you'll be right on the computer for the next let's say 2 hours. Is something that you can commit. But if we make a game of 6 hours per round as you suggest, you won't be on the computer all the time, you'll be eating, going out, or whatever you do...
Sleeping takes 8 hours (or should take for everybody). So while you are sleeping, your turn will start and when you get awake you'll have already missed the turn.
Sergeant 1st Class darth emperor

12 Hour or 18 Hour Turn Options

Postby machrs on Tue Dec 11, 2012 6:32 pm

12 or 18 Hour Turn Option!! I believe it would be a great addition to CC!!!
Private 1st Class machrs

Re: 12 Hour or 18 Hour Turn Options

Postby spiesr on Tue Dec 11, 2012 6:58 pm

Stuff like this should go in the suggestions forum.
If you want to post some idea there please remember to to search to see if it has been suggested before instead of making a new topic. Here are half a dozen versions of this idea people have suggested before, so go bump one of those instead of making a new topic.
12 hour games
12 hour games
3, 6, 10, 12 hour move
12 hour turns
12-Hour Turns (or game creator choose exact #of hrs)
Staggered Gameplay
Captain spiesr

Postby Gillipig on Thu Dec 13, 2012 6:51 am

I'm more for the 48 hour and 72 hour turns. (Not a joke)
AoG for President of the World!!
I promise he will put George W. Bush to shame!
Lieutenant Gillipig

Postby Dillybarr on Sat Dec 22, 2012 3:38 pm

All I can say is, YES!
Cadet Dillybarr

Postby chapcrap on Tue Dec 25, 2012 10:59 am

Maybe this should be in the Suggestions Forum and merged with the thread that is the same idea...
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby Gillipig on Thu Dec 27, 2012 10:29 am

chapcrap wrote:Maybe this should be in the Suggestions Forum and merged with the thread that is the same idea...

Sounds reasonable lol.
AoG for President of the World!!
I promise he will put George W. Bush to shame!
Lieutenant Gillipig

Postby rdsrds2120 on Thu Dec 27, 2012 3:03 pm

Moved over! I'll let the Suggestions guys merge it into the topic they feel is appropriate ;)

BMO
Corporal 1st Class rdsrds2120

Postby koontz1973 on Sun Dec 30, 2012 5:13 am

Not a great idea. All it would mean is that more players would end up missing a turn IMO.
Lieutenant koontz1973

Postby chapcrap on Sun Dec 30, 2012 12:57 pm

Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby skychaser on Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:10 pm

Basically There are sites who tried to put another time limits that 24 hours as I read in another risk site I don't play anymore.

They reached the conclusion that many people tend to miss their turns and it was abolished forever.
We have no reason to try something that was tried and failed at another place.

That's why I thought of Staggered Gameplay which gives the chance of faster gameplay while still providing full 24 hours.
Colonel skychaser

12 Hour Rounds

Postby Melkor52 on Sat Feb 16, 2013 3:14 pm

I believe that an option when starting a game should be 12 Hour Round Length. This would allow a game to move on a little faster while not being to short a period for most people to check back and take a turn. Six, four or even one or two hour Rounds would not be uncalled for as well, but a trial run of 12 hour rounds would be welcome by many I believe.

Melkor52....
Major Melkor52

PreviousNext

Return to Suggestions