Conquer Club

Gandalf the Grey

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

Gandalf the Grey

Postby Gillipig on Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:57 am

Gandalf the Grey, Is this guy a wizard or what? He's only finished 1 game, he lost it, but is still at 1000 points! Kudos if you can figure out how that's possible without looking at the game or reading others suggestions.

AoG for President of the World!!
I promise he will put George W. Bush to shame!
Lieutenant Gillipig

Re: Gandalf the Grey

Postby JBlombier on Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:45 am

Actually, all people that deadbeated in that one Game 336356 he played, didn't lose points. Obvious bug going on there. Perhaps the bug is a bit outdated though, since the game ended 5 years ago.
Colonel JBlombier

Postby chapcrap on Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:57 am

Gillipig wrote:Gandalf the Grey, Is this guy a wizard or what? He's only finished 1 game, he lost it, but is still at 1000 points! Kudos if you can figure out how that's possible without looking at the game or reading others suggestions.

Terminator, right?
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby spiesr on Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:19 pm

Once upon a time you didn't get points for beating deadbeats...
Captain spiesr

Postby x-raider on Fri Dec 14, 2012 3:59 am

For posterity: Image
Corporal 1st Class x-raider

Location: Lost in the Complexities of the Undiscovered Universe

Postby deathcomesrippin on Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:42 am

That was a terrible movie. I saw it last night and almost left the theater.
Sergeant deathcomesrippin

Postby Gillipig on Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:59 am

deathcomesrippin wrote:That was a terrible movie. I saw it last night and almost left the theater.

Really? It has an 8.8 rating on imdb. And I'm planning to go see it next week! The Bilbo book is much much better than the lotr books, so I figure the movie can't be all that bad. The new Bond movie was a letdown I must admit though.
AoG for President of the World!!
I promise he will put George W. Bush to shame!
Lieutenant Gillipig

Postby DoomYoshi on Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:06 am

Gillipig wrote:
deathcomesrippin wrote:That was a terrible movie. I saw it last night and almost left the theater.

Really? It has an 8.8 rating on imdb. And I'm planning to go see it next week! The Bilbo book is much much better than the lotr books, so I figure the movie can't be all that bad. The new Bond movie was a letdown I must admit though.

Fanboys are incapable of objective criticism.
â–‘â–’â–’â–“â–“â–“â–’â–’â–‘
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby White Buffalo on Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:05 pm

:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)
Last edited by White Buffalo on Sat Dec 22, 2012 10:24 am, edited 2 times in total.
Captain White Buffalo

Postby deathcomesrippin on Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:58 pm

Gillipig wrote:

You take a book as long as one of the LotR books and you also make it a trilogy. I found LotR to be an extremely drawn out set of movies. This was torture. Plus, I saw it in HFR, and it looked like a 3D canadian program from the 80s. Terrible.
Sergeant deathcomesrippin

Postby Foxglove on Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:08 pm

deathcomesrippin wrote:
Gillipig wrote:

You take a book as long as one of the LotR books and you also make it a trilogy. I found LotR to be an extremely drawn out set of movies. This was torture. Plus, I saw it in HFR, and it looked like a 3D canadian program from the 80s. Terrible.

Nooooooo don't ruin my dreams.

I still plan to see it. :)
Brigadier Foxglove

Postby generalhead on Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:15 pm

The Hobbit cartoon movie was way better that the LOTR cartoon movies in my opinion so I was hoping and excited when they finally came out with the Hobbit Movie. I am hoping it is not as bad as you say it is.
I agree too that the LOTR trilogy was long and drawn out. I believe the epic parts filled in to still make it a good set of movies though.
Sergeant generalhead

Postby Dukasaur on Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:35 pm

Foxglove wrote:
deathcomesrippin wrote:
Gillipig wrote:

Nooooooo don't ruin my dreams.

I still plan to see it. :)

The only people who complain the movies were too long were people who weren't fans to begin with. Any true fan would rather have seen the LOTR movies expanded to seven or eight movies so all the great scenes from the books could have been included. The Council of Elrond (for instance) should by itself be one movie so all the stories told by all the visitors to the Council can be played out in full.

So many of the wonderful subplots and secondary characters from LOTR were left out of the movies. It left me so disappointed not to see Bombadil or Quickbeam or Glorfindel, and especially I missed the Scouring of the Shire. If it's true that the movie to book ratio for the Hobbit is higher, then I expect a big improvement.
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby Foxglove on Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:26 pm

Dukasaur wrote:So many of the wonderful subplots and secondary characters from LOTR were left out of the movies. It left me so disappointed not to see Bombadil or Quickbeam or Glorfindel, and especially I missed the Scouring of the Shire.

YES YES YES.
Brigadier Foxglove

Postby generalhead on Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:17 pm

Dukasaur wrote:The only people who complain the movies were too long were people who weren't fans to begin with. Any true fan would rather have seen the LOTR movies expanded to seven or eight movies so all the great scenes from the books could have been included. The Council of Elrond (for instance) should by itself be one movie so all the stories told by all the visitors to the Council can be played out in full.

So many of the wonderful subplots and secondary characters from LOTR were left out of the movies. It left me so disappointed not to see Bombadil or Quickbeam or Glorfindel, and especially I missed the Scouring of the Shire. If it's true that the movie to book ratio for the Hobbit is higher, then I expect a big improvement.

Let me rephrase by saying I don't think the movies were too long. I agree with you where they could have added more in terms of making it more like the books and taken out some of the long drawn out parts of the movie. I felt like when frodo and sam where trying to make it to the fires of mount doom I felt like I was right there with them and that they were never going to make it. It just seemed so long. I guess that was the point though. So you could feel the same thing that they felt, that they would never make it either. Like I said in the previous post they were a great set of movies.
Sergeant generalhead

Return to Conquer Club Discussion