Conquer Club

schones ratings abuse[noted]SN

All previously decided cases. Please check here before opening a new case.

Moderators: Multi Hunters, Cheating/Abuse Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

[These cases have been closed. If you would like to appeal the decision of the hunter please open a ticket on the help page and the case will be looked into by a second hunter.]

schones ratings abuse[noted]SN

Postby srjhogan on Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:35 pm

Accused:

schones

The accused are suspected of:

Ratings Abuse

Game number(s):

Game 12058275
Game 11952591
Game 11694944
Game 11662819

Comments:

And there's many more. Player falsely accused me of secret diplomacy with a deadbeat NR, threatened to leave a poor rating, so I looked into his past ratings. This happens more than you could imagine. Player has accused many accounts of secret diplomacy for simply losing games. Seems like a poor use of the ratings to me
Lieutenant srjhogan

Re: schones ratings abuse

Postby adowell on Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:18 pm

(first game you listed) Game 12058275 looks legit to rate as "POSSIBLE" secret diplomacy

The next 3 games don't look like secret diplomacy to me but he does accuse them. I dont think it is ratings abuse though cause he is at least telling them its coming and confronts them... hmmm? I am interested to see how this one turns out...
Sergeant adowell

Postby adowell on Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:19 pm

Not to beat up on ya... but i think I would have rated the same...

Maybe not on the other 3 games though.
Sergeant adowell

Postby Symmetry on Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:33 pm

adowell wrote:(first game you listed) Game 12058275 looks legit to rate as "POSSIBLE" secret diplomacy

The next 3 games don't look like secret diplomacy to me but he does accuse them. I dont think it is ratings abuse though cause he is at least telling them its coming and confronts them... hmmm? I am interested to see how this one turns out...

Seems unilkely, it looks more like a newb joined up, started a game, and never played. and indeed has never played or logged on since.

Marty's stats:

Last visited:Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:53 pm

MartyGreen23

I guess there might be a suggestion of a multi, but it seems unlikely, secret diplomacy is way out there as an accusation for Marty's 8 minutes on the site.

Given that schones has a history of throwing out these wild accusations and abusing the ratings system, I do think this seems like a legit complaint.
the world is in greater peril from those who tolerate or encourage evil than from those who actually commit it- Albert Einstein
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby adowell on Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:37 pm

Symmetry wrote:
adowell wrote:(first game you listed) Game 12058275 looks legit to rate as "POSSIBLE" secret diplomacy

Seems unilkely, it looks more like a newb joined up, started a game, and never played. and indeed has never played or logged on since.

Marty's stats:

Last visited:Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:53 pm

MartyGreen23

I guess there might be a suggestion of a multi, but it seems unlikely, secret diplomacy is way out there as an accusation for Marty's 8 minutes on the site.

Given that schones has a history of throwing out these wild accusations and abusing the ratings system, I do think this seems like a legit complaint.

Thats a really good point. I didnt look at MartyGreen23 profile or stats... All I looked at the the battle log... Once again - Good point.
Sergeant adowell

Postby ke_rassa on Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:41 pm

He makes an accusation and then rates said players based on his accusation. How exactly is that abuse????????
Corporal ke_rassa

Postby Symmetry on Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:52 pm

ke_rassa wrote:He makes an accusation and then rates said players based on his accusation. How exactly is that abuse????????

I guess it depends on how you view the ratings system. From what I've seen of the way the accused treats the system, he considers it a way of getting back at players he loses to by publically rating them as cheaters after the game, and by threatening players in game with bad ratings for cheating if they don't allow him to win.

I don't particularly like the new rating system, but whatever you think about it, deliberately rating players as low as possible and accusing them of cheating when you lose seems like an abuse of what the ratings system is in place for- to show which players are good to play a game with.
the world is in greater peril from those who tolerate or encourage evil than from those who actually commit it- Albert Einstein
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby adowell on Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:02 pm

Symmetry wrote:
ke_rassa wrote:He makes an accusation and then rates said players based on his accusation. How exactly is that abuse????????

I guess it depends on how you view the ratings system. From what I've seen of the way the accused treats the system, he considers it a way of getting back at players he loses to by publically rating them as cheaters after the game, and by threatening players in game with bad ratings for cheating if they don't allow him to win.

I don't particularly like the new rating system, but whatever you think about it, deliberately rating players as low as possible and accusing them of cheating when you lose seems like an abuse of what the ratings system is in place for- to show which players are good to play a game with.

It would be nice to see a report that showed the following.

Ratings Left:
Games Won Ratings Left:
5 stars (# times)
4 stars (# times)
3 stars (# times)
2 stars (# times)
1 star ( # times)

Games Lost Ratings Left:
5 stars (# times)
4 stars (# times)
3 stars (# times)
2 stars (# times)
1 star ( # times)

To have lost over 300 games, if he just gave crappy ratings when he lost, i think it would have came up by now... Just a thought. I'm still new, so I may just be nieve. :)
Sergeant adowell

Postby srjhogan on Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:05 pm

I understand that you could think the game I listed including myself (when I observed his actions) could be seen as me creating a second account, dead beating and gaining the 12 points or so from that. My problem with that is, well, I didn't create a second account and don't appreciate cheating accusations being wildly thrown out after winning a game. I went 3rd, saw MartyGreen23 hadn't been on since creating an account, and only attacked blue figuring him for a dead beat. I listed the rest of the games to prove it's not a one time thing for the player in question
Lieutenant srjhogan

Postby Symmetry on Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:15 pm

Nah, the multi thing is also a pretty far out possibility. It just seems so unlikely. It really looks like the Marty account signed up and clicked on Start a Game, then stuck with all the basic selected options, apart from two- he changed it to a three player game and a 20 round limit. Then left before the game started, and never played a turn.

I don't really see the benefit if he had been your multi for doing that. It's always a possibility, I suppose, but it seems really unlikely.
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby Symmetry on Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:20 pm

adowell wrote:
Symmetry wrote:

It would be nice to see a report that showed the following.

Ratings Left:
Games Won Ratings Left:
5 stars (# times)
4 stars (# times)
3 stars (# times)
2 stars (# times)
1 star ( # times)

Games Lost Ratings Left:
5 stars (# times)
4 stars (# times)
3 stars (# times)
2 stars (# times)
1 star ( # times)

To have lost over 300 games, if he just gave crappy ratings when he lost, i think it would have came up by now... Just a thought. I'm still new, so I may just be nieve. :)

That might be a good idea to put in the Suggestions thread- to be able to view ratings left Amazon style.

I should've been a bit clearer though- he doesn't always do it when he loses, but he does it pretty often. It's worth looking at his ratings left page and clicking through some of the many players he accuses of cheating. Worth a look at the chats in-game for those too.

To be absolutely fair, it looks like him doing this has become more frequent recently.
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby srjhogan on Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:41 pm

I hesitated to post this because he doesn't always leave 1s every game he loses, but I wanted to point out the trend so that it can be noted and hopefully change his behavior or receive actual sanctions
Lieutenant srjhogan

Postby Symmetry on Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:48 pm

srjhogan wrote:I hesitated to post this because he doesn't always leave 1s every game he loses, but I wanted to point out the trend so that it can be noted and hopefully change his behavior or receive actual sanctions

I don't think sanctions are going to happen, but it does kind of look like a quiet word from one of the mods might be a good idea. This part of the forum is, after all, for cheating and abuse, and this really looks like abuse.
Sergeant Symmetry

Re: schones ratings abuse[pending]SN

Postby Gillipig on Mon Dec 17, 2012 6:07 am

This guy has given a lot of bad ratings! He's dished out 1473 ratings on just 500 games. Compare it to my 850 ratings on 1700 games. To me he looks like someone who's never learned how to rate properly. He also seem a bit delusional, accusing people of secret deplomacy whenever things don't go his way. I think it warrants at least a warning.
AoG for President of the World!!
I promise he will put George W. Bush to shame!
Lieutenant Gillipig

Re: schones ratings abuse[pending]SN

Postby sniffie on Fri Dec 21, 2012 5:28 pm

I've checked the ratings left by schones, except for very few, they don't seem unjustified to me. Nevertheless I'll note this to see where it goes.

sniff
Corporal 1st Class sniffie

Re: schones ratings abuse[noted]SN

Postby HardAttack on Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:20 am

srjhogan wrote:threatened to leave a poor rating

problem here is not leaving good/poor ratings,
well it is freedom of a player to leave poor/good rating,
but,
point is, threatening someone with the say, "hey if you do this i ll leave poor ratings" in the game while game is on, is the problem IMO.
way to take a player under influence, way to demoralize, and physicological/mental disturbition...
to me, one player to swear over other, or declare it "hey if you do this i ll leave poor ratings" has no much difference...

i kindly request our abuse moderators to take this under consideration, maybe see this matter from now on to be a fair-play violation, or so.
believe me, this sort of players are not good acts, they unnnecesarily talk, and %90 are nosenses, which turns a game to be a pain much than a pleasure and fun.

once again, i am not pointing those who leaves poor ratings, on the other hand, i am very well pointing those who threatens during game is played.

hard.
LEGENDS of WAR
Colonel HardAttack

Return to Closed C&A Reports