Conquer Club

excuses

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

excuses

Postby waltero on Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:22 am

Just want to know what some of you think.

You have a game with one player that is clearly winning.
And you then express your discontent to one of the other players, that you will do nothing but attack him being that he has not waged war on the winning player.

His response is...I can not see Red (winning player). With the assumption that if you can not see him than you can not attack him (Wage War).

Do you think that is a valid excuse?
Cook waltero

Re: excuses

Postby Gillipig on Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:53 am

Depends on the situation. If he can't reach Red without attacking you then it's perfectly good excuse.
AoG for President of the World!!
I promise he will put George W. Bush to shame!
Lieutenant Gillipig

Postby waltero on Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:35 pm

Not the case. situation is...none of us can see red (Concealed...fog, trench).
Cook waltero

Postby Symmetry on Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:55 pm

Not being able to see what other players are telling you to attack seems like a good excuse. Of course, nobody is obliged to attack even if they can see, so excuse is perhaps the wrong word.

If none of you can see the player who's winning, demanding that another player makes a strike out to nowhere, with no reliable info on what he or she might encounter seems like a demand that they do what you don't want to.
the world is in greater peril from those who tolerate or encourage evil than from those who actually commit it- Albert Einstein
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby betiko on Fri Dec 14, 2012 3:36 pm

if red is totally outdeploying both of you the other player should understand what you are telling is no bullcrap. tell him to read the log.
Major betiko

Postby Symmetry on Fri Dec 14, 2012 4:14 pm

betiko wrote:if red is totally outdeploying both of you the other player should understand what you are telling is no bullcrap. tell him to read the log.

It still doesn't tell him where to attack in a fog game. Also, discontent should be expressed to all of the other players as secret diplomacy is not allowed, even in fog games.
the world is in greater peril from those who tolerate or encourage evil than from those who actually commit it- Albert Einstein
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby waltero on Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:57 pm

The game log tells all. A person can gain a good Idea what is going on, Just in the game log itself. Just because a players entire units are concealed...does not mean that you do not know where he is nor does it mean that you can not attack him.
I understand that there might be a situation that would prevent another player from knowing where a certain player is placed.

That is not the case. If it where, I would of understood this and Not accused him of making excuses.
Playing your own game. Then somebody calls you on it and you simply Say, I can not see red how can I attack him? That is a Lame Excuse...meant to be used (play) against rookies.

It was all spoken Openly.
Cook waltero

Postby waltero on Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:08 pm

It was not a matter of him attacking me in order to get to red.

It was him not waging War against Red.
Turns out that I was able to inform them On how to attack red with out being able to see red.
We just dump all our units and attack the Neutral that is in between our terit and red (Trench) Thereby Forcing red to Attack us. In the hopes that one of us might break through (red running short of unit to repel us).

Vets love this excuse. They use it all the time. Humm, maybe they got something. I think I will try and use it.
Cook waltero

Postby betiko on Sun Dec 16, 2012 9:20 am

Symmetry wrote:
betiko wrote:if red is totally outdeploying both of you the other player should understand what you are telling is no bullcrap. tell him to read the log.

It still doesn't tell him where to attack in a fog game. Also, discontent should be expressed to all of the other players as secret diplomacy is not allowed, even in fog games.

nonesense. If a player is holding a bonus which often takes a few rounds, you have good chances to understand exactly where he is if you are not too stupid and you follow the log with territory counts and bonus values. and why are you bringing up secret diplomacy, i'm only telling to mention in game chat to ask the other player to read the log.
Major betiko

Postby chapcrap on Sun Dec 16, 2012 11:41 am

If it is trench and he can't see red, how is he supposed to attack him?
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby Metsfanmax on Sun Dec 16, 2012 4:52 pm

Symmetry wrote:

In a fog game you can't be sure, but doing nothing and waiting for the inevitable is a worse option than making your best guess as to where the dominant player is, and striking that way.
Sergeant 1st Class Metsfanmax

Postby generalhead on Sun Dec 16, 2012 6:57 pm

Metsfanmax wrote:
Symmetry wrote:

In a fog game you can't be sure, but doing nothing and waiting for the inevitable is a worse option than making your best guess as to where the dominant player is, and striking that way.

except if you guess wrong and attack through all of the wrong player. Then they will be really mad at you.
Sergeant generalhead

Postby Symmetry on Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:36 pm

Metsfanmax wrote:
Symmetry wrote:

Waiting for the dude who's getting angry to make his own move can be a good idea. It's not a reliable option, sure, but all of the options discussed here are essentially gambles.
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby waltero on Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:06 am

When one player holds half of the entire board 27 terits and Each of the three other players hold under ten terits a peace...What do you do.

Continue to attack the weaker players?

Simply saying I can not see him. How can I attack somebody I can not see, is a cop out. You might find that excuses like that will provoke others into attacking you if you continue with your stupidity. You are a veteran!

It is a excuse to be used on newbies.

There are many different ways to attack somebody whom you can not get to. Not able to see your enemy is not an issue.
You have a player that controls the board (player A). Maybe a good strategy would be (if you can not get to him) to looks at the game log and see what 'players' are attacking the big guy (player A).

So if you see player B going up against player A maybe you want to think twice before you attack player B. Why take player B's bonus away if he is using it to assault player A.

I only explain this to some of you who do not know what to do when you can not see a player that you are trying to War against.

Quote ''You can not attack a player you can not see (fog or otherwise). WRONG! Wage War Against him...that would be enough. Waging war is the same as attacking somebody! Maybe not in real life but in a game like this, It is.

If you do not hinder the player's who are battling the guy you can not see (attack)...that is equivalent to Waging war.

I really do not think I should have to try and convince high ranking players How to attack a player they can not see or get too.

P.S. We finally defeated player A. 7 rounds back and forth...Using our units as cannon fodder. Player A could not keep up.

Fog, trench, game with artillery and air.
Every time somebody stuck their head up, it got shot off.
Take terit every turn and it turn to neutral every turn.
Cook waltero

Postby Symmetry on Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:19 am

Who won?
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby waltero on Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:44 am

The guy who kept making the excuses. Red held a grudge against me. Red (big guy) adamantly opposed me Because he felt that there is 'no way' you can attack somebody you can not see.

Even when I proved my point (you can attack somebody you can not see) upon his defeat...even though none of us could see him.

This is a simple game. Does not take too much thought.

Looks as if too many players do not put much thought into it. It is not always win or lose...But how you die.
Cook waltero

Postby Symmetry on Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:56 am

waltero wrote:The guy who kept making the excuses. Red held a grudge against me. Red (big guy) adamantly opposed me Because he felt that there is 'no way' you can attack somebody you can not see.

Even when I proved my point (you can attack somebody you can not see) upon his defeat...even though none of us could see him.

Looks as if too many players do not put much thought into it. It is not always win or lose...But how you die.

So the guy who made the excuses won? It doesn't seem like he cheated or abused the game, it sounds like he pulled a game back from almost certain defeat to victory,
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby betiko on Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:35 am

waltero wrote:The guy who kept making the excuses. Red held a grudge against me. Red (big guy) adamantly opposed me Because he felt that there is 'no way' you can attack somebody you can not see.

yup he owned you. Side note: next time put the game number. Otherwise your comments don't make sense and it all depends on many parameters you were not mentioning (like what was the freaking map, or you said it was trench just in the end ect).
But take your lesson out of this. The guy who won has probably manipulated you knowing you would spend all your forces killing red, is it a bad move? nope. maybe if you didn't move he would've gone for it, he definitely knew where the guys was.
Major betiko

Postby timogl on Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:57 am

if you play that trench stuff, you just have to take it like it comes. those things get out of hand, and quick. by the time you start trying to quarterback some kind of gang up, its probably too late. you joined, you take your medicine.
Lieutenant timogl

Postby timogl on Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:59 am

(and if your medicine was drinking some Kool-Ade somebody sold you, and then said seller won the game because he talked you into something? that is just regular par also.)
Lieutenant timogl

Postby waltero on Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:15 pm

I posted the game number earlier. The game was still going on so I decided to retract the number.

Red Player (A) was upset with me for Disrupting his game (win). Allowing Player B (blue) to take the game.

I thought it best to inform player B that I was going to Attack him if he did not comply.
Even if I had simply attacked B oppose to giving him a chance to join us. I would of had to listen to him cry...why are you attacking me...I can not see red..

All three of my opponents really thought it was impossible to attack somebody that they could not see. Did not register or even come to their mind to think about it for two seconds.

At a certain point the game developed into a learning (teaching) game on how to defeat Red. No matter who won.
I have played more than a few games. I find that it is the advanced players that snivel and cry when they get attacked.

This is a war game...Deal with it.
Of course Crying works sometimes.
Have some pride...winning is not everything.
Cook waltero

Return to Conquer Club Discussion