Conquer Club

Fuedal Epic

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

Fuedal Epic

Postby pinkrose2012 on Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:37 am

Map- Fuedal Epic

I never do well on this map, it seems like to me everyone triples and I am still little in the corner. Is there a trick to this map. Can anyone explain the best strategy or game play?? :geek:
Sergeant 1st Class pinkrose2012

Re: Fuedal Epic

Postby Trevor33 on Sat Dec 15, 2012 5:11 am

I'm no expert on that map but if you're playing singles i think a lot depends on the early dice whether you can break out of your corner and take one of the villages. It's a map that requires a lot of patience, feudal war is much more fun imo.
Major Trevor33

Postby Gillipig on Sat Dec 15, 2012 6:08 am

pinkrose2012 wrote:Map- Fuedal Epic

I never do well on this map, it seems like to me everyone triples and I am still little in the corner. Is there a trick to this map. Can anyone explain the best strategy or game play?? :geek:

Play it with fog and always keep an eye on the game log. It will tell you a lot about what's going on.
AoG for President of the World!!
I promise he will put George W. Bush to shame!
Lieutenant Gillipig

Postby pinkrose2012 on Sat Dec 15, 2012 6:15 am

Okay, so can you attack from one castle (I think that is what it was called) to another? I think I read that somewhere. Maybe I am thinning myself out too fast? I haven't played that map in awhile, because I seem to fail all the time, but would like to understand it better and try again.

Postby Gillipig on Sat Dec 15, 2012 6:22 am

pinkrose2012 wrote:Okay, so can you attack from one castle (I think that is what it was called) to another? I think I read that somewhere. Maybe I am thinning myself out too fast? I haven't played that map in awhile, because I seem to fail all the time, but would like to understand it better and try again.

Oh no lol, you can't assault another castle from your own. It's the opposite really, you have to go through a myriad of other regions to get to another players castle.
Lieutenant Gillipig

Postby ManBungalow on Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:43 pm

pinkrose2012 wrote:Okay, so can you attack from one castle (I think that is what it was called) to another? I think I read that somewhere. Maybe I am thinning myself out too fast? I haven't played that map in awhile, because I seem to fail all the time, but would like to understand it better and try again.

"Castles can conquer adjacent kingdom regions and bombard non-adjacent kingdom regions"

^ I think this is what you have read and are confused about.

Allow me to clarify the comment/make more confusing/patronise with this image:

Every other region on the map just attacks as usual - border to border.

Strategy completely depends on the settings, but it's often a case of taking a village and building up your strength quite gradually or hiding in your kingdom and waiting for your opponents to make a move.
Colonel ManBungalow

Postby Donelladan on Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:11 am

If it's escalating 8 players, wait in your castle and go for a kill when it worth it. Some may go out for a village, works if the one nearby doesnt make the same...
If it's 1vs1 go out the fastest possible of your castle, take a village or another castle. Find your opponent and kick him.
For other settings it depends.
Brigadier Donelladan

Postby aad0906 on Sun Dec 16, 2012 8:49 am

The correct way to play the map depends greatly on the settings. You play escalating completely different then if it is flat rate or no spoils. And the strategy for trench is completely different from non trench. The number of players can also be a factor.

In 8 player escalating (these are usually foggy) you conquer all regions within your castle territories except 2: you leave the 10 neutral wall in place plus a second region which you will use for bombarding. By bombarding the one area every turn you will get spoils and once cashes are worth 30+ more you have to pick the right time to "break out" eliminate other players (break out when some players have 3 or more spoils so you can cash again when you eliminate one).

Flat rate is different because cashes are never worth more than 10 so not enough to go on an elimination rampage. Here too you start with the region territories until you have enough troops to break down the 10 neutrals and still have enough troops for defense. I hardly ever play flat rate feudal epic but if it is with foggy settings it is very important to read the game log to see who is where (you can see hat from the "bold" spoils they cash), how many troops they reinforce and how many regions they have. Don't go for too many regions if you don't have enough troops to defend them. All too often I attack someone only to see they only leave 1's behind. Sweet.

I wouldn't even start on trench if you haven't mastered the basics of feudal epic yet.

A good way to learn the map is to find a good partner and play team games so your partner can explain to you what your options are every turn and explain why you should or should not make a certain move.
Captain aad0906

Postby pinkrose2012 on Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:50 pm

Wow thank you everyone for all the replies and help! I really appreciate it. :) Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all.♥

Postby Gillipig on Mon Dec 17, 2012 5:41 am

pinkrose2012 wrote:Wow thank you everyone for all the replies and help! I really appreciate it. :) Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all.♥

We're only doing it because it's soon Christmas and we want many presents from Santa :P! So we need to be good boys ;).
Lieutenant Gillipig

Return to Conquer Club Discussion