Conquer Club

It's Always Sunny Dance Marathon [Winner: jcarter1]

Tournaments completed in 2013

Moderator: Tournament Directors

It's Always Sunny Dance Marathon [Winner: jcarter1]

Postby anamainiacks on Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:55 am

It's Always Sunny Dance Marathon
Original Thread: viewtopic.php?t=150915

Itā€™s Always Sunny Dance Marathon. If youā€™re not a fan of the show, you probably have no idea what this is about.

Charlie has accidentally puts Paddy's Pub up as a prize for a dance marathon, prompting the gang to enter the competition in order to save their bar. Problem is, all of the other memorable characters from the show are also planning to dance for the rights to the bar. Hopefully we can get 32 contestants, but weā€™ll see. Freemiums are welcome, but youā€™ll possibly need three free slots at times.

Stamina Points
Each person starts the contest with 20 stamina points. Get to 0 and you pass out. The last person standing wins Paddyā€™s. Characters will be randomly placed in 4-player groups each hour (round) with the following stamina points for each game.
show: 4-Player Games

As people start to drop out, some players may be placed in 3 or 5 player games randomly. The following stamina points will be awarded for 3 and 5 player games.
show: 3-Player Games

show: 5-Player Games

Keg Dance-Off
Every four hours, there will be a Keg Dance-Off Challenge where players will randomly square off 1 vs. 1. The following stamina points will be awarded for Keg Dance-Offs.
show: 2-Player Games

Maps & Settings
We will use the following maps in this order for each hour of dancing. After each has been used, we will start back over in the same order.

1. USA West
2. USA Southwest
3. USA New England
4. USA Southeast
5. USA Rockies
6. USA Great Lakes

Game setup will be as follows. Standard, Automatic, Sequential, Nuclear, Chained, and of course, Itā€™s Always Sunny.

Select your dance contestant when you post. Please make sure you donā€™t select a character thatā€™s already been chosen. Good luck boners! Boom!

show: Characters-Players
Last edited by anamainiacks on Tue Apr 09, 2013 1:28 am, edited 16 times in total.
Colonel anamainiacks

Tournament Updates

Postby anamainiacks on Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:01 am

Standings
Hours Elapsed: 28 Hours
Remaining Dancers: 1

[Stamina Points] Player
[3] jcarter1

Eliminated Players
show: Eliminated
Last edited by anamainiacks on Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:03 pm, edited 25 times in total.
Colonel anamainiacks

Re: It's Always Sunny Dance Marathon [Hour #16]

Postby deantursx on Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:40 am

i just noticed chapcrap is in the standings twice

Highest Score: 3047 - 2/11/13
Major deantursx

Re: It's Always Sunny Dance Marathon [Hour #16]

Postby anamainiacks on Tue Sep 25, 2012 12:15 pm

deantursx wrote:i just noticed chapcrap is in the standings twice

Whoopsies, thanks for catching that! Edited it.

[12] nibotha
[5] chapcrap
Colonel anamainiacks

Re: It's Always Sunny Dance Marathon [Hour #17]

Postby anamainiacks on Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:28 pm

Update

Hour #16 has gone by, and we're not entering Hour #17. The result of the vote was a tie between a 20 Round limit and Escalating cards, so I made the final final decision and went with the cards.

Games for the next hour of dancing will be sent out once all players in danger of being eliminated from the tournament have had their fates decided. Meaning that the player is either definitely eliminated from the tournament, or definitely moving on to the next hour.
Colonel anamainiacks

Postby jcarter1 on Tue Oct 02, 2012 2:02 pm

well if i can still vote (was hardly here last week due to a wedding), i would vote for a 20 round limit^^

also: i would much rather (!!!) keep the nuclear spoils game setting.. this is why i joined the tournament^^
Major jcarter1
SoC Training Adviser

Postby anamainiacks on Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:48 pm

Oh, you were away? Heh, couldn't have hurt to pop by to click and vote :P Don't worry tough, I understand.

As for the spoils, for now I'd prefer to keep it as it is, so I don't keep making so many changes to the gameplay. My hesitance with 20 Rounds was that it'd create opportunity for ganging up and sabotage, to make a top player on the losing end, or to ensure another player gets eliminated. So to keep it more to players' skill level, I used Escalating.

I won't change it unless there are more violent objections, I guess.
Colonel anamainiacks

Postby jcarter1 on Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:08 am

i sure can give you a really violent objection... but then i would be forum banned :-P

In all honesty: I think it is quite sad that the gameplay was so drastically changed from nuclear spoils... :(
Major jcarter1
SoC Training Adviser

Postby anamainiacks on Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:39 am

Haha, I did say I'd consider if there were more violent objections, referring to the quantity of them, not the degree of violence :P I counted yours as one already.

Anyway, I understand where you're coming from and I'm sorry that you're displeased with the change, but I decided to initiate a change when I searched the tournament's game history and found many games running till 30 rounds or more, with some even going till 50 or even 99 rounds, which only slow down the tournament drastically. Based on the vote, only 1 player wanted to keep the tournament at its present state, so I think a change was much wanted in the first place.

I proposed the round limits, but a player in the tournament actually proposed the escalating spoils, and based on the vote, it was taken to pretty well. I also haven't had any objections to the change since suggesting it, other than yours, so I can only assume the rest are fine with the change. Hopefully the change is something you can grow used to eventually!

(Also worth mention is that the original TO, who is still a player in the tournament, raised no objections to me changing the format.)
Colonel anamainiacks

Postby perchorin on Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:10 pm

jcarter1 wrote:i sure can give you a really violent objection... but then i would be forum banned :-P

In all honesty: I think it is quite sad that the gameplay was so drastically changed from nuclear spoils... :(

I agree 100%. Thanks for rescuing the tourney and all but I joined it to play nuke games not esc. Regardless how long the games were taking the settings should not have been changed at this point. Quite disappointing.

On another note, it's pretty lame that the guy who abandoned the tourney in the first place is still participating as a player. I'd have left him out after the rescue just on principle.

Anyway y'all won't have me to kick around much longer based on the start of my current game.
Silvanus wrote:perch is a North Korean agent to infiltrate south Korean girls
Major perchorin

Postby anamainiacks on Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:18 am

perchorin wrote:I agree 100%. Thanks for rescuing the tourney and all but I joined it to play nuke games not esc. Regardless how long the games were taking the settings should not have been changed at this point. Quite disappointing.

Anyway y'all won't have me to kick around much longer based on the start of my current game.

Again, sorry about that, but I acted on the results of a poll as well, which made clear a change was wanted. Thanks for your feedback nonetheless, and I will take it into consideration, whether or not you're still in the tournament. I might change the games to Nuclear with 20 Round limit instead, for the next rounds, depending on responses which I will be asking for shortly.

perchorin wrote:On another note, it's pretty lame that the guy who abandoned the tourney in the first place is still participating as a player. I'd have left him out after the rescue just on principle.

I agree completely with the first part. I was honestly surprised he joined the game when I sent out the invite. That said, I didn't want to leave him out, as I don't know the circumstances of his abandoning the tournament. He could have time to play games, but not maintain the running of tournaments, so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.
Colonel anamainiacks

Postby deantursx on Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:40 pm

Nukes with 20 round limits is the way to go...but i really dont care...just not nukes and no round limits, thats just dumb

Highest Score: 3047 - 2/11/13
Major deantursx

Postby anamainiacks on Fri Oct 19, 2012 4:33 am

Update

We're still waiting for the last game from Hour #17 to be completed, or at least eliminate 1 more player so that we can determine whether JaKobe_52 stays in the tournament.

The results of the vote were that the settings will be changed to 20 Rounds limit, Nuclear spoils, and the present round will NOT be voided.

Also, I will be going overseas from 22 Oct till 12 Nov, and will have limited internet access during this period. I might not be able to update or create games for any of my tournaments during this period, so sorry for the inconvenience caused! Hopefully I'll be able to send out the next set of games before I leave, so that this won't be a problem. So quickly, get that last game moving! :P
Colonel anamainiacks

Re: It's Always Sunny Dance Marathon [Hour #18]

Postby anamainiacks on Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:09 am

Update

It's official: 3 more dancers have used their last reserves of energy, as the 17th hour brings down JaKobe_52, perchorin and thelord. With that, 12 dancers move on to the next hour.

As mentioned before, the settings of the tournament have been changed back to Nuclear spoils, but now with the added 20 Round limit. Party hard!
Colonel anamainiacks

Re: It's Always Sunny Dance Marathon [Hour #19]

Postby anamainiacks on Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:41 am

Update

Another 3 dancers bow out of the competition, leaving just 9 dancers left on the dance floor. nibotha still remains as the clear leader, with a 3 point advantage over the next most energetic dancer.

The dancers will find it a tight squeeze during their next dance, on such a small map. After this round will be the 5th Keg Dance-Off, so here's hoping we'll have an even number of players left for that!
Colonel anamainiacks

Postby KiIIface on Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:28 am

I'm out. Don't send me any more invites. My condolences to anyone that has the misfortune of playing with kingdiablo.
Colonel KiIIface

Postby anamainiacks on Mon Dec 17, 2012 7:49 pm

KiIIface wrote:I'm out. Don't send me any more invites. My condolences to anyone that has the misfortune of playing with kingdiablo.

Are you sure about that? What happened?
Colonel anamainiacks

Re: It's Always Sunny Dance Marathon [Hour #20]

Postby anamainiacks on Tue Dec 18, 2012 6:39 am

Update

The Keg-Off has begun, and before some of the dance-offs have even begun, one of them is done! chapcrap saves himself from elimination after prevailing over ianphull. This further extends the lead nibotha has over the rest of the dancers, making it seem more and more like a one-horse race to the end.
Colonel anamainiacks

Re: It's Always Sunny Dance Marathon [Hour #20]

Postby merch313 on Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:44 pm

Tourney still active
Major merch313

Re: It's Always Sunny Dance Marathon [Hour #21]

Postby anamainiacks on Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:24 am

Update

Whoops, sorry about that, looks like I forgot to do an update after sending out the set of games for Hour #21!

We're currently waiting for the 4-player game to finish - there are just 3 full rounds left to be completed, then the round limit will cut the game off. There is still a high possibility of 1 or 2 players being eliminated from the tournament based on the results of their game.
Colonel anamainiacks

Re: It's Always Sunny Dance Marathon [Hour #22]

Postby anamainiacks on Mon Jan 28, 2013 5:39 am

Update

At the end of the 21st hour, nibotha's lead of 5 stamina points was cut down to 3 stamina points, following his loss in the dance. That said, he still maintains quite a strong lead, seeing as he has 50% more stamina points than the 2nd placed contestants.

The 21st hour also saw chapcrap and uckuki falling out of contention for the grand prize of the bar, as they just couldn't keep up with the groove. With their departure, only 5 contestants remain in the competition. As such, there will only be 1 game per round (other than Keg-Offs) from henceforth.
Colonel anamainiacks

Re: It's Always Sunny Dance Marathon [Hour #23]

Postby anamainiacks on Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:38 pm

Update

The 22nd hour has passed, an interesting round that saw ianphull pull himself out of danger for now, after his win. Taking his place in the danger zone is wesleymilo, who lost 3 stamina points and is now in danger of elimination, should he fail to place 3rd or higher, in the next hour.

On the leaders' side, nibotha's lead was once again cut down to a mere single stamina point, losing 2 stamina points for a total of 7. Only a single stamina point separates each of the top 4 players left in the competition.
Colonel anamainiacks

Re: It's Always Sunny Dance Marathon [Hour #24/#25]

Postby anamainiacks on Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:26 pm

Update

As the end of the 23rd hour arrives, a new leader emerges on the leaderboard - jcarter1 leads with a total of 6 stamina points, 2 points more than the previous leader, nibotha, who now has 4 points. The rest of the players are tied at 3 stamina points each.

As stated before, the keg-off will now commence - and the odd player will play a game against a random opponent, for whom the game is not counted. The game labels for the keg-off clearly state which players the game will count towards.

Also, as none of the remaining players are at risk of elimination during the keg-off round, the game for Hour #25 has been sent out as well.
Colonel anamainiacks

Re: It's Always Sunny Dance Marathon [Hour #25]

Postby anamainiacks on Wed Mar 06, 2013 6:38 am

Update

The 24th hour quickly draws to a close, and the 25th hour ticks on. The end of the Keg-Off saw 3 players losing 2 stamina points each; and with that, 4 of the 5 remaining players are now in danger of elimination. The sole player that remains safe is jcarter1, who increases his 2 point lead to a 3 point lead over the second placed player, who is now ianphull.
Colonel anamainiacks

Re: It's Always Sunny Dance Marathon [Hour #26]

Postby anamainiacks on Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:57 pm

Update

Hour #25 passes by, and we move onwards to Hour #26.

Hour #25 saw 2 casualties run out of stamina, being eliminated from the competition. Going into the hour in 2nd and 3rd place respectively, ianphull's and nibotha's elimination shows that anything can happen on the dance floor, and it's still anybody's game.

The dance battle for Paddy's Pub is now down to jcarter1 (Gladys), deantursx (Frank) and wesleymilo (Lil' Kev). jcarter1 currently leads the pack with 5 stamina points being safe from elimination for at least 2 more games, while the other 2 will have to fight for their lives (or rather, dancing stamina) for every game from now on, as there are no longer any opportunities to gain stamina.
Colonel anamainiacks

Next

Return to Completed 2013