CC is not what it used to be

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderators: Community Team, Global Moderators

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

CC is not what it used to be

Postby HighlanderAttack on Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:12 am

I was talking with a few of the players that used to think this site was the greatest.

As far as RISK goes it is the greatest. You won't find a better site. I think what has happened is that older players who loved the board game used to be involved on this web-site--it was great--but it just got boring after playing so much and real life takes over. So many of the virtual friends I had made on this site have left or basically barely play anymore (including me).



The younger generation has so many gaming options on line now that CC is just something they might try out for a while, get bored with and move on.

If you loved RISK as a youngster and have had access to the internet as an adult you have ran across this site by now. It was these players that made this site such a great place.

I have been averaging less than ten games active for well over six months now. I have tried to find the love of this game, but it just is not the same and does not seem to come back to the way it was.

Just my thoughts of the day.
We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act but a habit.
User avatar
Lieutenant HighlanderAttack
 
Posts: 10746
Joined: Sun Jul 27, 2008 9:01 am
Medals: 138
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (4)
Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (34) General Achievement (16) Clan Achievement (5)
Tournament Contribution (34) General Contribution (2)

Re: CC is not what it used to be

Postby AndyDufresne on Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:17 am

Well, you have played over 35,000 games. When I think of other activities I've enjoyed that equate to the time spent on 35,000 games, I think I've experienced similar doldrums.


--Andy
User avatar
Corporal AndyDufresne
Retired Administrator
 
Posts: 25358
Joined: Fri Mar 03, 2006 8:22 pm
Location: A Banana Palm in Zihuatanejo
Medals: 20
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) General Achievement (4) General Contribution (2)

Re: CC is not what it used to be

Postby cairnswk on Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:38 am

Some poeple's lives run in very small circles, while other's lives run in much larger circles.
The smaller your circles the quicker you will bore of the game and move on.
Same reason that someone can last in one job for 50 years, yet others move on after 6 months.
All the while however, there will be new fodder for the machinery. :)
My $0.02 worth. Happy Festive Season everyone!
User avatar
Private cairnswk
 
Posts: 11492
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 8:32 pm
Medals: 51
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (2) Map Contribution (36) General Contribution (3)

Re: CC is not what it used to be

Postby NoSurvivors on Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:06 am

HighlanderAttack wrote:I was talking with a few of the players that used to think this site was the greatest.

As far as RISK goes it is the greatest. You won't find a better site. I think what has happened is that older players who loved the board game used to be involved on this web-site--it was great--but it just got boring after playing so much and real life takes over. So many of the virtual friends I had made on this site have left or basically barely play anymore (including me).



The younger generation has so many gaming options on line now that CC is just something they might try out for a while, get bored with and move on.

If you loved RISK as a youngster and have had access to the internet as an adult you have ran across this site by now. It was these players that made this site such a great place.

I have been averaging less than ten games active for well over six months now. I have tried to find the love of this game, but it just is not the same and does not seem to come back to the way it was.

Just my thoughts of the day.


There are also plenty youngsters that play CC, I know at least 8 under 20 including myself, 5 of which are under 16 (my age)! But I do agree, that most of the players who have stuck with this site are risk lovers.
User avatar
Cook NoSurvivors
 
Posts: 1440
Joined: Mon May 30, 2011 10:25 am
Medals: 80
Monthly Leader Silver (1) Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3)
Terminator Achievement (3) Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (4) Polymorphic Achievement (1)
Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2)
Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (4) Ratings Achievement (3)
Tournament Achievement (4) General Achievement (8) Clan Achievement (3) Challenge Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (5)

Re: CC is not what it used to be

Postby frankiebee on Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:14 am

35.000 games... No wonder your love for this site is slowly fading away. Never learnt that to much aint good?
I love a game of CC, but 35.000 is crazy, it's like I love pizza, but when I would eat 35.000 pizza's I probabbly would barf them all over my keyboard.

Take a break from CC, a real break, and you might find your love back. I rediscovered this site already 4 or 5 times (with breaks up to almost a year) but I keep coming back, and every time I return a bit of that old love returns with me.
User avatar
Colonel frankiebee
 
Posts: 491
Joined: Wed Nov 08, 2006 2:05 pm
Location: Wildervank/Leeuwarden
Medals: 24
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Trench Warfare Achievement (2)
Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1) General Achievement (1)
Clan Achievement (4)

Re: CC is not what it used to be

Postby Mageplunka69 on Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:32 am

I hear you HA , we need to team up and have some fun ...Im kinda getting bored as well
User avatar
Major Mageplunka69
 
Posts: 738
Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2008 6:35 pm
Location: Intercourse Pennsylvania
Medals: 85
Most Improved Silver (1) Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (4)
Terminator Achievement (3) Assassin Achievement (4) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (4) Polymorphic Achievement (1)
Nuclear Spoils Achievement (4) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (4) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (4)
Random Map Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4)
Tournament Achievement (5) General Achievement (5) Clan Achievement (6) Challenge Achievement (3)

Re: CC is not what it used to be

Postby Iron Butterfly on Mon Dec 17, 2012 4:49 pm

I find it interesting that I have been on this site since Jan 2008 and still have not cracked 1000 games. I see you have 35,000 games, which is unfathomable to me.

To me the site is what it is. While it is fun to play I do not make it more then what it is. People will always come and go but this is not a game like everquest or guild wars.

As long as there is another person to play I will still enjoy it and CC friends are not the same as real life friends and circles.

So yes people grow bored and move on but that does not make the site better or worse because people move on. Thats like saying life sucks because people die.
User avatar
Major Iron Butterfly
 
Posts: 2702
Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2008 2:10 pm
Location: New York City
Medals: 36
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3)
General Achievement (4) Clan Achievement (7) Training Achievement (2) General Contribution (7)

Re: CC is not what it used to be

Postby HighlanderAttack on Mon Dec 17, 2012 5:39 pm

Iron Butterfly wrote:I find it interesting that I have been on this site since Jan 2008 and still have not cracked 1000 games. I see you have 35,000 games, which is unfathomable to me.

To me the site is what it is. While it is fun to play I do not make it more then what it is. People will always come and go but this is not a game like everquest or guild wars.

As long as there is another person to play I will still enjoy it and CC friends are not the same as real life friends and circles.

So yes people grow bored and move on but that does not make the site better or worse because people move on. Thats like saying life sucks because people die.



I see your point (to a point). What made this site fun was the people I made friendships with and enjoyed playing with. I am sure there are many others that could fill their place, but it is not the same. I would also say life would suck if all my friends died so to me there would be a correlation to your point. 35000 is insane--I was very addicted to this site for a long time while I was out of work.
We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act but a habit.
User avatar
Lieutenant HighlanderAttack
 
Posts: 10746
Joined: Sun Jul 27, 2008 9:01 am
Medals: 138
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (4)
Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (34) General Achievement (16) Clan Achievement (5)
Tournament Contribution (34) General Contribution (2)

Re: CC is not what it used to be

Postby laughingcavalier on Mon Dec 17, 2012 6:10 pm

This site did have an astonishing pioneers-of-the-interwebz buzz about it at one time with a lot of interesting & committed people giving it a lot of time & contributing in different ways to make it great. It will probly never quite have that buzz again, but I'm pretty confident it will remain a fine place to while away a few hours for a long time yet.
Image
User avatar
Brigadier laughingcavalier
 
Posts: 1398
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2007 4:31 pm
Medals: 54
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (1)
Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (6) General Achievement (2) Clan Achievement (14)
Tournament Contribution (1) General Contribution (4)

Re: CC is not what it used to be

Postby jammyjames on Mon Dec 17, 2012 7:26 pm

I think what used to do it for me, was back when we used to have those big old 8 man escalating speed games.

Playing with high-ranked like minded people and the odd bit of banter here and there just made it what it used to be.

My love for the game has definitely diminished, and I don't think it will return. It's still worth knocking a few hours on the head once in a while however.
Image
Sergeant jammyjames
 
Posts: 1315
Joined: Tue May 06, 2008 3:17 am
Medals: 51
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (4) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (2) General Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (4)

Re: CC is not what it used to be

Postby Funkyterrance on Mon Dec 17, 2012 7:28 pm

There are a few players that used to play here that I personally miss but they are slowly fading from my memory. I think what keeps me here is the clan scene. If you're playing pickup games with friends here and there it's just not the same comradery you get when you band together with your clan. Also it seems, in my clan at least, there is a core of players who aren't going anywhere. That's my secret to staying interested anyway. :D
Image
User avatar
Colonel Funkyterrance
 
Posts: 1929
Joined: Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:52 pm
Location: New Hampshire, USA
Medals: 22
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (3) General Contribution (1)

Re: CC is not what it used to be

Postby Gillipig on Tue Dec 18, 2012 6:11 am

Well I haven't started a game for over 3 months so I'm with you on that it's getting boring HA. I only have one game active and that's a BR. Only reason I'm still here is for live chat and the forums. Forums like we have here are hard to come by in the gaming world, and it's the only real source of pride this site has left.
AoG for President of the World!!
I promise he will put George W. Bush to shame!
User avatar
Lieutenant Gillipig
 
Posts: 3442
Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2009 1:24 pm
Medals: 38
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (6) Tournament Contribution (3)

Re: CC is not what it used to be

Postby HighlanderAttack on Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:00 am

Gillipig wrote:Well I haven't started a game for over 3 months so I'm with you on that it's getting boring HA. I only have one game active and that's a BR. Only reason I'm still here is for live chat and the forums. Forums like we have here are hard to come by in the gaming world, and it's the only real source of pride this site has left.



Like someone said above--The site is the site--it really has not changed in any crazy way. I think if I found the site for the first time today--I would love it. I personally have worn out any love for the game/site from playing too many games and losing too many friends. We used to have so much fun--even enough to get each others phone numbers and chat about CC and real life things. It has all faded now. I did gain a real life friend from this site and our families get together once in a while--I just wish I would like it again, but have not found a way to enjoy the site and even contemplate leaving. I let most of my tourneys go that I was running--and if it was not for the 200th I probably would have at least taken a vacation from the site--probably need to do that.
We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act but a habit.
User avatar
Lieutenant HighlanderAttack
 
Posts: 10746
Joined: Sun Jul 27, 2008 9:01 am
Medals: 138
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (4)
Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (34) General Achievement (16) Clan Achievement (5)
Tournament Contribution (34) General Contribution (2)

Re: CC is not what it used to be

Postby Iron Butterfly on Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:14 pm

HighlanderAttack wrote:
Gillipig wrote:Well I haven't started a game for over 3 months so I'm with you on that it's getting boring HA. I only have one game active and that's a BR. Only reason I'm still here is for live chat and the forums. Forums like we have here are hard to come by in the gaming world, and it's the only real source of pride this site has left.



Like someone said above--The site is the site--it really has not changed in any crazy way. I think if I found the site for the first time today--I would love it. I personally have worn out any love for the game/site from playing too many games and losing too many friends. We used to have so much fun--even enough to get each others phone numbers and chat about CC and real life things. It has all faded now. I did gain a real life friend from this site and our families get together once in a while--I just wish I would like it again, but have not found a way to enjoy the site and even contemplate leaving. I let most of my tourneys go that I was running--and if it was not for the 200th I probably would have at least taken a vacation from the site--probably need to do that.


BINGO. I believe the adage is," familiarity breeds contempt."
User avatar
Major Iron Butterfly
 
Posts: 2702
Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2008 2:10 pm
Location: New York City
Medals: 36
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3)
General Achievement (4) Clan Achievement (7) Training Achievement (2) General Contribution (7)

Re: CC is not what it used to be

Postby koontz1973 on Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:31 pm

HA, I know where you are coming from. I lost the love a while ago. But like all things, I found something new to keep me here. Went from playing to tournies to making maps. Not sure what I would do next, but something keeps me here. Most likely, as you say, the friends I have here and my love for the foundry. It will be a shame to see another great leave the site like yourself and hope you keep around even if you do not play the same amount of games.
Sergeant 1st Class koontz1973
 
Posts: 7538
Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2009 10:57 am
Medals: 117
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (2)
Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (10) General Achievement (13) Clan Achievement (5) Map Contribution (12)
Tournament Contribution (31) General Contribution (10)

Re: CC is not what it used to be

Postby Gillipig on Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:40 pm

HighlanderAttack wrote:
Gillipig wrote:Well I haven't started a game for over 3 months so I'm with you on that it's getting boring HA. I only have one game active and that's a BR. Only reason I'm still here is for live chat and the forums. Forums like we have here are hard to come by in the gaming world, and it's the only real source of pride this site has left.



Like someone said above--The site is the site--it really has not changed in any crazy way. I think if I found the site for the first time today--I would love it. I personally have worn out any love for the game/site from playing too many games and losing too many friends. We used to have so much fun--even enough to get each others phone numbers and chat about CC and real life things. It has all faded now. I did gain a real life friend from this site and our families get together once in a while--I just wish I would like it again, but have not found a way to enjoy the site and even contemplate leaving. I let most of my tourneys go that I was running--and if it was not for the 200th I probably would have at least taken a vacation from the site--probably need to do that.

Sounds like a good idea, I've been on and off a couple of times and it makes me realize why I come back. If you don't find that motivation then it's better to do something else, if you do find that motivation then that's great, then you're having fun again. So it's a win win situation really.
AoG for President of the World!!
I promise he will put George W. Bush to shame!
User avatar
Lieutenant Gillipig
 
Posts: 3442
Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2009 1:24 pm
Medals: 38
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (6) Tournament Contribution (3)

Re: CC is not what it used to be

Postby nagerous on Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:42 pm

laughingcavalier wrote:This site did have an astonishing pioneers-of-the-interwebz buzz about it at one time with a lot of interesting & committed people giving it a lot of time & contributing in different ways to make it great. It will probly never quite have that buzz again, but I'm pretty confident it will remain a fine place to while away a few hours for a long time yet.


True that.
Image
User avatar
Captain nagerous
 
Posts: 8113
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 7:39 am
Medals: 67
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (3) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3)
Tournament Achievement (5) General Achievement (10) Clan Achievement (2) Tournament Contribution (2) General Contribution (14)

Re: CC is not what it used to be

Postby gordon1975 on Tue Dec 18, 2012 4:48 pm

it defo isnt what it used to be,i took most of 2012 away from here,new owners! trench warfare! im a noob all over again.lookin forward to it
God can judge my enemies, i will arrange the meeting.
User avatar
Captain gordon1975
 
Posts: 353
Joined: Sun Jun 25, 2006 3:07 pm
Location: Scotland
Medals: 17
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (2) General Achievement (1)

Re: CC is not what it used to be

Postby Finsfleet on Tue Dec 18, 2012 4:52 pm

I did lose love for the site a couple of years ago, but now I`m back and addicted more than ever.

I doubt that I`ll ever have 35000 games, though. :D
Major Finsfleet
 
Posts: 526
Joined: Wed Dec 17, 2008 9:34 am
Medals: 50
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3) Trench Warfare Achievement (1)
Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (1)
Tournament Achievement (7) General Achievement (2) Clan Achievement (12) Tournament Contribution (1)

Re: CC is not what it used to be

Postby gordon1975 on Tue Dec 18, 2012 4:58 pm

35000 games would probably involve being divorced and losing my job,il keep it at a slower pace
God can judge my enemies, i will arrange the meeting.
User avatar
Captain gordon1975
 
Posts: 353
Joined: Sun Jun 25, 2006 3:07 pm
Location: Scotland
Medals: 17
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (2) General Achievement (1)

Re: CC is not what it used to be

Postby AAFitz on Tue Dec 18, 2012 5:20 pm

AndyDufresne wrote:Well, you have played over 35,000 games. When I think of other activities I've enjoyed that equate to the time spent on 35,000 games, I think I've experienced similar doldrums.


--Andy


I agree. I think it is you HA that has changed, while CC has become 10 times what it once was at least.
john9blue wrote:"honestly i think martin might be better off dead"

sekretar: "i go to russia and then, without comp, i hoppe, i forgot this shit who kill my nerves long time!"
User avatar
Lieutenant AAFitz
 
Posts: 7222
Joined: Sun Sep 17, 2006 9:47 am
Location: On top of the World 2.1
Medals: 84
Monthly Leader Bronze (1) Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (3)
Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (4) Polymorphic Achievement (2)
Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (3)
Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (8) General Achievement (2)
Clan Achievement (8) Tournament Contribution (8) General Contribution (2)

Re: CC is not what it used to be

Postby Gillipig on Tue Dec 18, 2012 5:22 pm

AAFitz wrote:
AndyDufresne wrote:Well, you have played over 35,000 games. When I think of other activities I've enjoyed that equate to the time spent on 35,000 games, I think I've experienced similar doldrums.


--Andy


I agree. I think it is you HA that has changed, while CC has become 10 times what it once was at least.


Haha............you're joking right?
AoG for President of the World!!
I promise he will put George W. Bush to shame!
User avatar
Lieutenant Gillipig
 
Posts: 3442
Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2009 1:24 pm
Medals: 38
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (6) Tournament Contribution (3)

Re: CC is not what it used to be

Postby AAFitz on Tue Dec 18, 2012 6:40 pm

Gillipig wrote:
AAFitz wrote:
AndyDufresne wrote:Well, you have played over 35,000 games. When I think of other activities I've enjoyed that equate to the time spent on 35,000 games, I think I've experienced similar doldrums.


--Andy


I agree. I think it is you HA that has changed, while CC has become 10 times what it once was at least.


Haha............you're joking right?


not even a little
john9blue wrote:"honestly i think martin might be better off dead"

sekretar: "i go to russia and then, without comp, i hoppe, i forgot this shit who kill my nerves long time!"
User avatar
Lieutenant AAFitz
 
Posts: 7222
Joined: Sun Sep 17, 2006 9:47 am
Location: On top of the World 2.1
Medals: 84
Monthly Leader Bronze (1) Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (3)
Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (4) Polymorphic Achievement (2)
Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (3)
Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (8) General Achievement (2)
Clan Achievement (8) Tournament Contribution (8) General Contribution (2)

Re: CC is not what it used to be

Postby Finsfleet on Tue Dec 18, 2012 6:52 pm

By the way, since we are talking about it, I think that CC is exactly the same as it was when I joined the site 4 years ago. And that`s its biggest problem.
Major Finsfleet
 
Posts: 526
Joined: Wed Dec 17, 2008 9:34 am
Medals: 50
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3) Trench Warfare Achievement (1)
Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (1)
Tournament Achievement (7) General Achievement (2) Clan Achievement (12) Tournament Contribution (1)

Re: CC is not what it used to be

Postby AAFitz on Tue Dec 18, 2012 6:58 pm

Finsfleet wrote:By the way, since we are talking about it, I think that CC is exactly the same as it was when I joined the site 4 years ago. And that`s its biggest problem.


You realize how many changes have been made in the last 4 years? Just take a look at the improvements so I wont be the only one laughing at this statement. :lol:
john9blue wrote:"honestly i think martin might be better off dead"

sekretar: "i go to russia and then, without comp, i hoppe, i forgot this shit who kill my nerves long time!"
User avatar
Lieutenant AAFitz
 
Posts: 7222
Joined: Sun Sep 17, 2006 9:47 am
Location: On top of the World 2.1
Medals: 84
Monthly Leader Bronze (1) Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (3)
Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (4) Polymorphic Achievement (2)
Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (3)
Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (8) General Achievement (2)
Clan Achievement (8) Tournament Contribution (8) General Contribution (2)

Next

Return to General Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: richwwtk

Login