Conquer Club

What do you want in a Conquer Club Mobile App

Archival storage to keep things organized and uncluttered. Can't find what you need? Search for old topics here.

Moderator: Tech Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: What do you want in a Conquer Club Mobile App

Postby agentcom on Wed Dec 12, 2012 2:38 am

Even if you could just take the snapshot so that you later could come back and look at it would be nice. All that involves is reading the map and posting some coded text into the chat log. That part at least shouldn't be too hard.
Brigadier agentcom

Postby macbone on Wed Dec 12, 2012 2:42 am

OK, well, a lot of the addons work for Chrome, but the Chrome ios browser seems a lot more limited than its desktop cousin. Maybe the Android Chrome is more robust.
Colonel macbone

Postby betiko on Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:52 pm

was going to ask for the same... snapshots and BOB. I use chrome ios as well, well never mind.
Major betiko

Postby runewake2 on Sun Dec 16, 2012 8:40 pm

I'll experiment with how I might get BOB like features to work as well as snapshots. However, I doubt that I will have much luck, at least not in the near future as in the best case it will require a lot of modification and the worst case is that it won't work at all.

What about a feature that shows the number of expected points you will gain from winning a game and the number you will lose if you lose that game? I believe those are just calculated with a simple formula that shouldn't be too hard to replicate. Would that interest anyone?
Conquer Club Mobile Apps: Conqueror for Windows Phone and Windows 8
Conqueror's going Open Source: Conqueror on CodePlex
Corporal 1st Class runewake2

Postby macbone on Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:28 am

For me, I'd like better functionality. It's probably beyond the scope of a simple app, and would probably have to be an official app (for which I'd gladly fork over a few bucks).

Right now to take a turn, I have to tap a territory, and then tap again, and then two a territory I want to attack, and then tap it again to actually attack. Then, to advance some, all, or none, I have to use the pull down menus.

A fully tappable, intuitive CC app would be tremendous. I'd love to double tap a tert to attack, then tap either the new tert or the home tert to advance all or none, and maybe a horizontal swipe to choose to just advance a number of my choosing.

I don't care about knowinf the points at stake, really. What I'd like is all the things BOB does so well, like show what terts attack/ bombard/border other terts, the ability to take snapshots of the board and save it (though I guess I could always do that manually, but eh), and a handy summary at the bottom that shows the bonuses in a text format. All of those things are things BOB does to make the game easier.

An Assault Odds calculator would be nice, too. I'm sure that could be done as a separate app, but it would be nice to have it layer over the CC map for ease of calculations.

And again, I'd be willing to pay for this bad boy, although small, unobtrusive ads would be ok, as long as you could pay for a non-ad version.
Colonel macbone

Postby runewake2 on Mon Dec 17, 2012 5:39 pm

The odds calculator is already a feature in the new Windows Phone app, though it still needs some work. I'll be making my code public sometime soon so that other people can see how I did it and it can be integrated into the other apps.

Many of the features that modify how the actual game is played would require an official app as I can't get that information, at least, not easily. I could theoretically scrape the currently loaded webpage to add some of that, but that is more hacking than anything else.

I am still looking into BOB and exploring the possibility of getting Grease Monkey to work in a mobile browser. If I can do this I could simply use BOB instead of reimplementing most of the features.

Out of curiosity, how much would you be willing to pay to make the app premium? That is, removing ads.

Postby macbone on Tue Dec 18, 2012 4:17 am

How much we would be willing to pay ought to be a poll. =)

I'd be willing to pay up to $5 for an ios app that has the features I suggested. For fewer features, say just an odds calculator, I could see myself paying $3, depending on how much the app offered and whether it was superior to Chrome/Safari for ios.

I don't have an Android phone, though, so I wouldn't be able to pick up the app if it were Windows-only, but I think enough people do have Android to make it worthwhile.

Just out of curiosity, how much in time-dollars would you estimate it will end up costing you to develop this app?
Colonel macbone

Postby runewake2 on Tue Dec 18, 2012 6:18 pm

I have currently spent about 40 hours on the app so far, this includes the in app gaming part, game return, live tile, notifications and odds calculator. Adding some of the specific "official app" features that you want would probably take an additional 40 hours.

However, it is worth noting that some of that time is spent researching and teaching myself how to accomplish specific tasks.

Previous

Return to Tool Archives