Conquer Club

Quitting due to insane dice

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

Quitting due to insane dice

Postby et2808 on Mon Oct 01, 2012 4:14 pm

I realize that there have been a number of rants about dice, so this wont be a rant. Statistics may point otherwise, but given that I have an enormous number of times where all the other players are conquering 1 or 2 territories on their first and second turns and I can conquer 0, I am giving up on this game as too frustrating. My most recent example is that on both my first and second turns, I lost 4 men on each turn (8 total) and did not take even one man off the opposing territory. I have plenty of other frustrating things I can do, I dont need to add one more...
Major et2808

Re: Quitting due to insane dice

Postby 72o on Mon Oct 01, 2012 4:15 pm

Don't play 1v1 if you are concerned about luck and variance.
Sergeant 72o

Postby chang50 on Tue Oct 02, 2012 4:08 am

et2808 wrote:I realize that there have been a number of rants about dice, so this wont be a rant. Statistics may point otherwise, but given that I have an enormous number of times where all the other players are conquering 1 or 2 territories on their first and second turns and I can conquer 0, I am giving up on this game as too frustrating. My most recent example is that on both my first and second turns, I lost 4 men on each turn (8 total) and did not take even one man off the opposing territory. I have plenty of other frustrating things I can do, I dont need to add one more...

Wow just looked at your dice stats,honestly expecting them to be average,but they are the best I have ever seen,if you are unhappy with these you should quit because the chances are your incredible good luck will take a turn for the worse sooner or later.
Captain chang50

Postby anonymus on Tue Oct 02, 2012 7:07 am

chang50 wrote:
et2808 wrote:I realize that there have been a number of rants about dice, so this wont be a rant. Statistics may point otherwise, but given that I have an enormous number of times where all the other players are conquering 1 or 2 territories on their first and second turns and I can conquer 0, I am giving up on this game as too frustrating. My most recent example is that on both my first and second turns, I lost 4 men on each turn (8 total) and did not take even one man off the opposing territory. I have plenty of other frustrating things I can do, I dont need to add one more...

Wow just looked at your dice stats,honestly expecting them to be average,but they are the best I have ever seen,if you are unhappy with these you should quit because the chances are your incredible good luck will take a turn for the worse sooner or later.

agreed! probably best ive seen aswell.. however he has a very small number of games as sample..
+2 attack
+3 defend
+2 total

but yeah pro-tip; if you are frustrated allready you better quit because this will get worse over time..

afterthought: maybe his intial 100-150 games he was +10% and now when its going down to normal he is getting frustrated.. i can understand that.. but yeah.. get out while you are ahead it will only get worse..

/ :?:
Click image to enlarge.

show: BoganGod speaks the truth
Major anonymus

Postby comic boy on Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:20 am

I just went 0-4 on an attack so I guess its time for me to go , farewell my lovelies :D
Im a TOFU miSfit
Brigadier comic boy

Postby wreckead on Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:13 pm

omg.........2290 after 233 games 63% win who are you kidding bad luck lol.

the dice turn on anyone on here but your rank and stats tell me that you very good luck for a while and now just turned your feeling hard done by. believe me if you cant stand to lose what was given you then yes you would be better of not playing here.

I find the best way to cope with it is to just forget about the rank and enjoy the game. what comes around goes around.
Colonel wreckead

Postby scottp on Thu Dec 06, 2012 6:51 pm

wrong forum. delete thread. ban user.
Account sitters = MagnusGreeol, concrete, RKCVED
Major scottp

Postby Gilligan on Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:25 pm

You have +2% total!! That's more...on the good side.
Captain Gilligan

Postby agentcom on Sun Dec 09, 2012 6:46 pm

MOVED over to Q&A
Colonel agentcom

Postby Funkyterrance on Sun Dec 09, 2012 7:04 pm

comic boy wrote:I just went 0-4 on an attack so I guess its time for me to go , farewell my lovelies :D

One 0-4 attack? You lucky bastard! I've had about 3 of those and I can't even remember how many other offensive failures between the last couple days and I've only got 10 games going. :D
Thing is et, these streaks have a tendency to pass and you forget all about them once they do. Get premium and play more games! The streaks will pass faster that way and you won't have time for them to get under your skin.
Colonel Funkyterrance

Postby GeneralRisk on Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:19 pm

the best dice stats i have ever seen ....go cry to your mama
Major GeneralRisk

Postby Arama86n on Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:45 pm

anonymus wrote:
chang50 wrote:

agreed! probably best ive seen aswell.. however he has a very small number of games as sample..
+2 attack
+3 defend
+2 total

but yeah pro-tip; if you are frustrated allready you better quit because this will get worse over time..

afterthought: maybe his intial 100-150 games he was +10% and now when its going down to normal he is getting frustrated.. i can understand that.. but yeah.. get out while you are ahead it will only get worse..

/ :?:

Another interesting thing is his stats are mostly from 2009, and they changed the dice system since then didn't they? which would mean the dice have definitely become more fair (three cheers for cc?), because like you gentlemen say, those are the best I've seen. Most people are almost dead even. (granted though I havn't looked at many people's)

And et2808, usually when someone complains about horrid dice I kindly explain the drawbacks of going on a 3v3 campaign round one, 2v1's etc, but I see you used to roll with Blitz and KoG, that and your rank suggests you know your sh*t ;)
Hey dice aint for everyone, check out chess, 100% strategy, 0% luck. and nothing to get frustrated about except ones own shortcomings. That said, I reckon that's why many prefer risk to chess, it's hard to look in the mirror and be frank about why one aint a general... and dice make perfect scapegoats. :D

Anyway, hope you stick around, good luck is only a corner away.
Major Arama86n

Postby quinreitz on Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:38 pm

My stats are not even close to average.:(
New Recruit quinreitz

Postby SirSebstar on Wed Dec 19, 2012 4:35 am

quinreitz wrote:My stats are not even close to average.:(

considering you have never played a game, i disagree. your dice are nonexistent....
Major SirSebstar

Location: SirSebstar is BACK. Highscore: Colonel Score: 2919 21/03/2011

Postby beeps on Sun Feb 10, 2013 10:42 pm

=D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>

If i had one ounce of self control i would have left this site a few times due to this but i am an addict at heart and damned if this site shouldn't have a disclaimer warning addicts not to get started... anyways i better stop being stoned and hit my turns til i quit again. Stay strong and don't come back :D
Lieutenant beeps

Return to Conquer Club Discussion