Conquer Club

CC is not what it used to be

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

Re: CC is not what it used to be

Postby rdsrds2120 on Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:04 pm

I almost left CC about a year ago! Boy am I glad I changed that decision ;)

BMO
Corporal 1st Class rdsrds2120

Postby AAFitz on Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:10 pm

rdsrds2120 wrote:I almost left CC about a year ago! Boy am I glad I changed that decision ;)

BMO

I myself actually left for quite a while. You should have tried it. The break was nice.
I'm Spanking Monkey now....err...I mean I'm a Spanking Monkey now...that shoots milk
Too much. I know.
Sergeant 1st Class AAFitz

Postby rdsrds2120 on Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:19 pm

AAFitz wrote:
rdsrds2120 wrote:I almost left CC about a year ago! Boy am I glad I changed that decision ;)

BMO

I myself actually left for quite a while. You should have tried it. The break was nice.

When I had first joined a little over 3 years ago, I was here for 6 months, then took a couple months off. I've been here continuously since. Getting premium was the staple in my activity. I think I've played more games than the other Admins combined 8-).

BMO
Corporal 1st Class rdsrds2120

Postby AAFitz on Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:21 pm

rdsrds2120 wrote:
AAFitz wrote:

BMO

When I had first joined a little over 3 years ago, I was here for 6 months, then took a couple months off. I've been here continuously since. Getting premium was the staple in my activity. I think I've played more games than the other Admins combined 8-).

BMO

17 games? already?
I'm Spanking Monkey now....err...I mean I'm a Spanking Monkey now...that shoots milk
Too much. I know.

Postby Finsfleet on Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:38 pm

AAFitz wrote:
Finsfleet wrote:By the way, since we are talking about it, I think that CC is exactly the same as it was when I joined the site 4 years ago. And that`s its biggest problem.

You realize how many changes have been made in the last 4 years? Just take a look at the improvements so I wont be the only one laughing at this statement. :lol:

How many, really?

Several gameplay changes, but they`re not actually used. Miss.

Several medals added. Minor issues.

Several additional ways to donate money: gifts, conquer cup (the one where you pay to be a part of, not the real one) etc.

The only real difference are maps and scripts, but they are made by the community.

In fact this site is 99% run by the community, site owners are sitting in their chairs and collecting the money. When something real is asked for, they say that they`ll put it in the queue, but it stays there forever. We get all but nothing in return for premium and honestly I`m starting to feel a bit fed up with this shit.
Major Finsfleet

Postby AAFitz on Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:13 pm

Finsfleet wrote:
AAFitz wrote:
Finsfleet wrote:By the way, since we are talking about it, I think that CC is exactly the same as it was when I joined the site 4 years ago. And that`s its biggest problem.

You realize how many changes have been made in the last 4 years? Just take a look at the improvements so I wont be the only one laughing at this statement. :lol:

How many, really?

Several additional ways to donate money: gifts, conquer cup (the one where you pay to be a part of, not the real one) etc.

The only real difference are maps and scripts, but they are made by the community.

In fact this site is 99% run by the community, site owners are sitting in their chairs and collecting the money. When something real is asked for, they say that they`ll put it in the queue, but it stays there forever. We get all but nothing in return for premium and honestly I`m starting to feel a bit fed up with this shit.

So lots and lots of changes would be accurate then.
Too much. I know.

Postby frankiebee on Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:56 pm

Finsfleet wrote:
AAFitz wrote:

How many, really?

This is a site for playing a board game that looks similar to RISK.
4 years ago you could play RISK here, and now you still can, there will never be major changes to this site because it's not necessarily.

Major changes for me are features like Fog of War and Trench Warfare, and I love them, but I would still have loved this site without those features.

This site offers 10 times more then you could ever accomplish with the board game, except for a few beers with some good friends, but hey, were all geeks playing RISK online so how cares :D ?
Colonel frankiebee

Postby Funkyterrance on Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:22 am

Finsfleet wrote:In fact this site is 99% run by the community, site owners are sitting in their chairs and collecting the money. When something real is asked for, they say that they`ll put it in the queue, but it stays there forever. We get all but nothing in return for premium and honestly I`m starting to feel a bit fed up with this shit.

You realize the site is just recently under new management, right?
Colonel Funkyterrance

Postby GeneralRisk on Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:33 am

Finsfleet wrote:
AAFitz wrote:

How many, really?

For 25 American dollars Or the equivalent of a 1/4 tank of gasoline, I believe the site is a great value. I seriously doubt if anyone is getting tremendously wealthy from the income premium membership brings in.
Major GeneralRisk

Postby puppydog85 on Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:31 am

What you all failed to see is that this is a cry for help from HA. He needs relationship advice and this is his way of asking for it. So hop to it and help him.
Sergeant 1st Class puppydog85

Postby Gillipig on Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:09 am

AAFitz wrote:
Gillipig wrote:
AAFitz wrote:
AndyDufresne wrote:Well, you have played over 35,000 games. When I think of other activities I've enjoyed that equate to the time spent on 35,000 games, I think I've experienced similar doldrums.

--Andy

I agree. I think it is you HA that has changed, while CC has become 10 times what it once was at least.

Haha............you're joking right?

not even a little

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Delusional people always cracks me up.
AoG for President of the World!!
I promise he will put George W. Bush to shame!
Lieutenant Gillipig

Postby Trevor33 on Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:39 am

frankiebee wrote:35.000 games... No wonder your love for this site is slowly fading away. Never learnt that to much aint good?
I love a game of CC, but 35.000 is crazy, it's like I love pizza, but when I would eat 35.000 pizza's I probabbly would barf them all over my keyboard.

Take a break from CC, a real break, and you might find your love back. I rediscovered this site already 4 or 5 times (with breaks up to almost a year) but I keep coming back, and every time I return a bit of that old love returns with me.

Exactly... i don't think i would have managed 35,000 games in the 7 years i've almost been here even if i was unemployed during that time and devoted my time on CC. It's insane.

Right now the site probably has more interest more than at any time during the past but with no real break in almost 2 years now i know it's just a matter of time before i'm going to need a few months away. Guess it helps never having more than 20 games ongoing as any given time though.

35,000 game?!?!? how is that possible? No job? No human contact, never mind a girlfriend/wife? Any friends at all actually ... I've been unemployed during my time here, hell i'm not working now until i go back to Peru in a month but still i haven't reached 1000 games and find it impossible to spend hours and hours here per day. It's nice to come here and waste away a couple of hours bit there's just so many more things to do...
Major Trevor33

Postby AAFitz on Wed Dec 19, 2012 4:51 pm

Gillipig wrote:
AAFitz wrote:
Gillipig wrote:
AAFitz wrote:
AndyDufresne wrote:Well, you have played over 35,000 games. When I think of other activities I've enjoyed that equate to the time spent on 35,000 games, I think I've experienced similar doldrums.

--Andy

I agree. I think it is you HA that has changed, while CC has become 10 times what it once was at least.

not even a little

Its not a delusion, its just that the changes that you hate, the majority of us actually like. In fact, a few more people like you leave, and the place will be even better. :D
Too much. I know.

Postby Finsfleet on Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:46 pm

frankiebee wrote:This is a site for playing a board game that looks similar to RISK.
4 years ago you could play RISK here, and now you still can, there will never be major changes to this site because it's not necessarily.

I meant changes like account sitting feature, tournament hosting feature, clan war hosting feature and likes. Things that would allow us to spend our time here actually playing the game, or in a casual chat with our friends, not organizing tournaments and clan wars. The site should do that for us.
Major changes for me are features like Fog of War and Trench Warfare, and I love them, but I would still have loved this site without those features.

Yes, fog of war is a great feature, although it was here when I signed up. Trench warfare is the only other gameplay feature introduced in the meantime that has a potential to be used as much as fog of war.
You realize the site is just recently under new management, right?

Yes, and this is exactly why I`m talking about it right now. Because it might influence them. Previous owner didn`t give a shit, apparently.
For 25 American dollars Or the equivalent of a 1/4 tank of gasoline, I believe the site is a great value. I seriously doubt if anyone is getting tremendously wealthy from the income premium membership brings in.

I beg to disagree.
Major Finsfleet

Postby HighlanderAttack on Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:58 pm

AAFitz wrote:

--Andy

I have changed and part of the problem is that I got bored with this site.

Most of the problem is that many players that were very good and basically my friends have left.

For a site that is so much better, 10 time by your opinion, explain why there is 25% less players active (aprox 15000 rather than 20000) and why there is about 40% less players playing at any given time. 1300 on avg from the past to about 750 now. You find about half the speed games you would have been able to find in the past.

Like I said, the old players--the more Risk type players from the past are leaving in groves. The new players are not staying as long. It is not what it used to be even though they have added many new features. I am not degrading the site itself--it is the players that make the site--and those players are not around as much--based on sheer numbers and my own personal experience.
We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act but a habit.
Lieutenant HighlanderAttack

Postby Funkyterrance on Wed Dec 19, 2012 6:10 pm

HighlanderAttack wrote:I have changed and part of the problem is that I got bored with this site.

Most of the problem is that many players that were very good and basically my friends have left.

For a site that is so much better, 10 time by your opinion, explain why there is 25% less players active (aprox 15000 rather than 20000) and why there is about 40% less players playing at any given time. 1300 on avg from the past to about 750 now. You find about half the speed games you would have been able to find in the past.

Like I said, the old players--the more Risk type players from the past are leaving in groves. The new players are not staying as long. It is not what it used to be even though they have added many new features. I am not degrading the site itself--it is the players that make the site--and those players are not around as much--based on sheer numbers and my own personal experience.

Ok, HA, here's my honest impression regarding your loss if interest in the site. If I'm wrong, please correct me but I'm figuring since you don't seem to care much about the site anymore anyway, there's no reason not to be blunt. Maybe the disassociated viewpoint of an outside observer can shed a little more light on the subject, maybe not.
I think the reason you don't feel the same way is that all the people who thought it was impressive to go the whole quantity over quality route as far as games are concerned have left. The old group who gave you special attention merely for the fact that you've been here a long time have dwindled and nobody gives you the proper respect anymore. Am I getting warm at least?
Colonel Funkyterrance

Postby AAFitz on Wed Dec 19, 2012 6:34 pm

HighlanderAttack wrote:
AAFitz wrote:

--Andy

Id be more worried for you if after 34000 games you didnt get bored. And Ive played nearly half what you have, so Im not judging. Certainly the game is different for me than when I started, but in many ways I like CC more now then back then. As far as the make-up of the community, well, Im sure there are great players coming in every day, but there have been so many players through here, its just not as easy to pick them out. More importantly, I doubt youre putting any effort into caring about such things, since youve gone through the expected life cycle with a percentage of games so High it probably puts you in the top .01 percentile.

And again, Im more or less in the same boat, and Ive gone through periods where I havent liked the game as much and have even left for a period or two...but Im looking at it with fresh eyes now, and I think the place is amazing. I think its even possible that it has so much going for it, that newer players are just overwhelmed by it all, as opposed to when I started, and it was basic, and starting out, and growing.

But given the choice to play a growing game again(and I am) and this one, that has been so refined and added to, that after many years and over 10000 games, I still have so much to learn, that I am just blown away at how awesome CC has become over the years, and how much more positive and constructive the community has become during the same time.
Too much. I know.

Postby HighlanderAttack on Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:13 am

Funkyterrance wrote:
HighlanderAttack wrote:I have changed and part of the problem is that I got bored with this site.

Ok, HA, here's my honest impression regarding your loss if interest in the site. If I'm wrong, please correct me but I'm figuring since you don't seem to care much about the site anymore anyway, there's no reason not to be blunt. Maybe the disassociated viewpoint of an outside observer can shed a little more light on the subject, maybe not.
I think the reason you don't feel the same way is that all the people who thought it was impressive to go the whole quantity over quality route as far as games are concerned have left. The old group who gave you special attention merely for the fact that you've been here a long time have dwindled and nobody gives you the proper respect anymore. Am I getting warm at least?

Never cared about the amount of games I played--it is all about winning and winning only. I am one of those who feel the dice are truly different and in no way are they close to accurate in the way real dice would work. I see way too many crazy rolls both good and bad.

I miss players like:

barterer2002
Blitzaholic
DBandit70
JoJo123
jrh_cardinal
mgconstruction
mr. CD
olkok
pzaviski2003
Sun Tzup

I am sure I left someone off--but these are the players that made it fun for me. I am sure a lot of it is the amount of games I have played--but it was never about the amount of games I played.

Postby HighlanderAttack on Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:16 am

AAFitz wrote:
HighlanderAttack wrote:
AAFitz wrote:

--Andy

Id be more worried for you if after 34000 games you didnt get bored. And Ive played nearly half what you have, so Im not judging. Certainly the game is different for me than when I started, but in many ways I like CC more now then back then. As far as the make-up of the community, well, Im sure there are great players coming in every day, but there have been so many players through here, its just not as easy to pick them out. More importantly, I doubt youre putting any effort into caring about such things, since youve gone through the expected life cycle with a percentage of games so High it probably puts you in the top .01 percentile.

And again, Im more or less in the same boat, and Ive gone through periods where I havent liked the game as much and have even left for a period or two...but Im looking at it with fresh eyes now, and I think the place is amazing. I think its even possible that it has so much going for it, that newer players are just overwhelmed by it all, as opposed to when I started, and it was basic, and starting out, and growing.

But given the choice to play a growing game again(and I am) and this one, that has been so refined and added to, that after many years and over 10000 games, I still have so much to learn, that I am just blown away at how awesome CC has become over the years, and how much more positive and constructive the community has become during the same time.

That is awesome for you and I hope to have CC become more important to me again one day.

I did join about seven tourneys today ==I think if I had some success winning tourneys again it may put more interest in it for me--but there are a lot of players I used to enjoy playing with and having at least virtual friendships with--back in my hay day :) that will probably never be here again and I do miss that.

Postby Swimmerdude99 on Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:56 am

CC is not what it used to be.
And neither are we.

A Beautiful poem written by me
Copyright 2012.
Offsite to 12/31/2023. Reach out to TheSpaceCowboy to reach me
Major Swimmerdude99

Postby Gillipig on Thu Dec 20, 2012 5:27 am

AAFitz wrote:
Gillipig wrote:
AAFitz wrote:
Gillipig wrote:
AAFitz wrote:

--Andy

not even a little

Its not a delusion, its just that the changes that you hate, the majority of us actually like. In fact, a few more people like you leave, and the place will be even better. :D

So you like that the foundry has become redundant, that we have fewer members, fewer updates and a site that has become less competitive compared to other none risk related gaming sites? Good for you, but I have a hard time looking at decline as something positive.
AoG for President of the World!!
I promise he will put George W. Bush to shame!
Lieutenant Gillipig

Postby macbone on Thu Dec 20, 2012 6:47 am

HighlanderAttack wrote:For a site that is so much better, 10 time by your opinion, explain why there is 25% less players active (aprox 15000 rather than 20000) and why there is about 40% less players playing at any given time. 1300 on avg from the past to about 750 now. You find about half the speed games you would have been able to find in the past.

I can see where you're coming from on this, HA. It seems nearly impossible to get a 6-player Speed Escalating game up these days, although I'm halfway around the world from NA, so maybe I'm just on at the wrong times.
Colonel macbone

Postby AAFitz on Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:30 am

Gillipig wrote:So you like that the foundry has become redundant, that we have fewer members, fewer updates and a site that has become less competitive compared to other none risk related gaming sites? Good for you, but I have a hard time looking at decline as something positive.

Less members like you, yes. As far as more competitive...lmfao... hell, I owned(top rank) another site for six months myself....and that one at least is fun to play at, the rest are tragic. But, seriously, youve played so few games in your time here, arent even a premium, and your score is baseline bordering on pathetic so who do you think even cares what you think...especially about competitiveness :lol:

as I said...leave, it will be even better tomorrow. :D

I simply pointed out I think the place has grown 10 times since when I started, and Im overwhelmed at how awesome its become.
That's why I pay and play games and actually compete here, as well as another site or two....but none have the options or speed this place has, not even combined.

Obviously, this place is too tricky for you though, so really, for your own good, you should move on to one of those easier sites, Id say. Why are you torturing yourself, so?
Too much. I know.

Postby ZeekLTK on Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:16 am

While I love all the options, I think that does make it harder to be a community, because rather than everyone on the site being someone you might play against, people start to specialize and it narrows the field dramatically, making it feel like there are a lot less people than there really are.

Like myself, I love trench/no spoil games, it's practically all I play now. However, that means that I will NEVER end up playing against people that only play freestyle, or that only play normal/escalating, or... etc.

You factor this in for the number of different unique styles and it adds up to having a small player base for [one style] here, and another small player base for [another style] there, etc. and it feels like there are a lot less people.
Lieutenant ZeekLTK

Postby ZeekLTK on Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:22 am

GeneralRisk wrote:For 25 American dollars Or the equivalent of a 1/4 tank of gasoline, I believe the site is a great value. I seriously doubt if anyone is getting tremendously wealthy from the income premium membership brings in.

WHAT? Where are you buying your gas? Because you're getting ripped off. It's generally about $40 to fill up an average car's tank of gas (from empty to full), so $25 would be about 2/3 a tank.
Lieutenant ZeekLTK

PreviousNext

Return to Conquer Club Discussion