Conquer Club

<Removed>

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

Re: CC Religious Discrimination

Postby bedub1 on Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:54 pm

<Removed>
Last edited by bedub1 on Tue Jun 25, 2013 10:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Colonel bedub1

Postby Funkyterrance on Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:28 pm

bedub1 wrote:Do we avoid teaching history in school to avoid making students uncomfortable? Shall we purge these items from our Museums? When the History Channel plays it's shows, shall we blur out the images? I agree we should not glorify them, and I would never set one as my avatar/signature, but to attempt to ignore them seems a little over the top.

I suppose not but as far as CC is concerned it boils down to consideration and general consensus. I tend to think of Conquer Club as just that: a club. If someone joins a tennis club, softball club, etc., there is the understanding that said club has social boundaries and straying too far from these could wind up getting you into trouble with the management.
Colonel Funkyterrance

Postby AndyDufresne on Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:23 am

bedub1 wrote:Do we avoid teaching history in school to avoid making students uncomfortable? Shall we purge these items from our Museums? When the History Channel plays it's shows, shall we blur out the images? I agree we should not glorify them, and I would never set one as my avatar/signature, but to attempt to ignore them seems a little over the top.

If Conquer Club was an online Museum of History Channel, I think you'd have a point. But we're a social gaming club and some things will likely always be off limits.

--Andy
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne

Postby MrBenn on Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:18 pm

qwert wrote:because i have open mind
=D>
PB: 2661 | He's blue... If he were green he would die | No mod would be stupid enough to do that
Lieutenant MrBenn

Postby 2dimes on Fri Nov 16, 2012 4:53 pm

qwert wrote:because i have open mind

You know who else had an open mind about swastikas...

I keed, I keed. [/godwin]
Corporal 2dimes

Postby bedub1 on Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:53 pm

<Removed>
Last edited by bedub1 on Tue Jun 25, 2013 10:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Colonel bedub1

Postby AndyDufresne on Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:00 pm

Zing, bop, slam dunk! ;)

--Andy

Postby chaosfactor on Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:46 pm

AndyDufresne wrote:Zing, bop, slam dunk! ;)

--Andy

Slurp, Hic, Burp... Clunk!
Sergeant 1st Class chaosfactor

Postby Gillipig on Thu Dec 06, 2012 6:19 am

I don't like censorship in any way. So of course I'm against censoring a damn symbol. What's worse though is that male nipples are counted as nudity on here. Let me tell you, there's not a single country, however strict and old fashion it is, that considers male nipples to be nudity! But for some reason this silly site does. Unbefuckingleavable
AoG for President of the World!!
I promise he will put George W. Bush to shame!
Lieutenant Gillipig

Postby AndyDufresne on Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:09 am

Gillipig wrote:I don't like censorship in any way. So of course I'm against censoring a damn symbol. What's worse though is that male nipples are counted as nudity on here. Let me tell you, there's not a single country, however strict and old fashion it is, that considers male nipples to be nudity! But for some reason this silly site does. Unbefuckingleavable

If I recall correctly, male nipples are not nudity on CC. There is a whole topic with HOT+SEXY+MEN in the Off Topics. I think the line was drawn for "unambiguous nipples," as erotic as that sounds. I.E. if a moderator cannot tell, since the picture is cropped and it could go either way, that sort of image is prohibited.

--Andy

Postby Gillipig on Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:00 pm

AndyDufresne wrote:
Gillipig wrote:I don't like censorship in any way. So of course I'm against censoring a damn symbol. What's worse though is that male nipples are counted as nudity on here. Let me tell you, there's not a single country, however strict and old fashion it is, that considers male nipples to be nudity! But for some reason this silly site does. Unbefuckingleavable

If I recall correctly, male nipples are not nudity on CC. There is a whole topic with HOT+SEXY+MEN in the Off Topics. I think the line was drawn for "unambiguous nipples," as erotic as that sounds. I.E. if a moderator cannot tell, since the picture is cropped and it could go either way, that sort of image is prohibited.

--Andy

Then maybe you can explain why it has been enforced like it is nudity then? I remember being warned multiple times for posting pictures where a guys nipple was visible. I got hammered and asked to stop posting pictures containing male nipples.
Lieutenant Gillipig

Postby AndyDufresne on Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:18 pm

You'd have to get in touch with the current Administration who has access to your disciplinary history. I was just stating the rules as I understood them and as they were enforced. ;)

--Andy

Postby Gillipig on Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:21 pm

AndyDufresne wrote:You'd have to get in touch with the current Administration who has access to your disciplinary history. I was just stating the rules as I understood them and as they were enforced. ;)

--Andy

I sometimes forget you're not an admin monkey anymore :). I honestly haven't yet learned the username of our new owner.
Lieutenant Gillipig

Postby rdsrds2120 on Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:40 pm

Gillipig wrote:
AndyDufresne wrote:You'd have to get in touch with the current Administration who has access to your disciplinary history. I was just stating the rules as I understood them and as they were enforced. ;)

--Andy

I sometimes forget you're not an admin monkey anymore :). I honestly haven't yet learned the username of our new owner.

Hello there :-#

BMO
Corporal 1st Class rdsrds2120

Postby Gillipig on Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:59 pm

rdsrds2120 wrote:
Gillipig wrote:

--Andy

Hello there :-#

BMO

*Gillipig pulls out rds's batteries......and changes his radio station.* Wait this isn't livechat?
Lieutenant Gillipig

Postby bedub1 on Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:09 pm

<Removed>
Last edited by bedub1 on Tue Jun 25, 2013 10:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Colonel bedub1

Postby Symmetry on Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:35 am

bedub1 wrote:
AndyDufresne wrote:

--Andy

Where do pictures of shemales fall into this?

I think they're banned from the Hot Sexy NSFW thread, retitled to Hot Sexy NSFW (women only) by one of the mods, the OP being deemed wrong in asking for pictures of hot sexy NSFW celebrities. I'm not sure though- it's the only case I know of a topic being changed by a mod to specifically exclude a group of people from posting or being posted about.
the world is in greater peril from those who tolerate or encourage evil than from those who actually commit it- Albert Einstein
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby Gillipig on Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:43 am

Symmetry wrote:
bedub1 wrote:
AndyDufresne wrote:

--Andy

I think they're banned from the Hot Sexy NSFW thread, retitled to Hot Sexy NSFW (women only) by one of the mods, the OP being deemed wrong in asking for pictures of hot sexy NSFW celebrities. I'm not sure though- it's the only case I know of a topic being changed by a mod to specifically exclude a group of people from posting or being posted about.

Hot+Sexy Ladyboy thread anyone :mrgreen: ?
Lieutenant Gillipig

Postby Symmetry on Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:45 am

Gillipig wrote:
Symmetry wrote:
bedub1 wrote:
AndyDufresne wrote:

--Andy

Why not go back to the original thread title, and just have a Hot Sexy NSFW thread?
the world is in greater peril from those who tolerate or encourage evil than from those who actually commit it- Albert Einstein
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby Gillipig on Wed Dec 19, 2012 6:32 am

Symmetry wrote:
Gillipig wrote:
Symmetry wrote:
bedub1 wrote:
AndyDufresne wrote:

--Andy

Why not go back to the original thread title, and just have a Hot Sexy NSFW thread?

Remove the NSFW, no one seems to know what it stands for anymore lol. I think there's sense in having different topics for different things. There is a Hot+Sexy Men thread so it's not like you can't post sexy pictures of men. Most people one this site are straight men so it's reasonable that we can have a thread where we post images of what we're attracted to.
What annoys me though is that you're only allowed to post pics of girls that are considered universally attractive. If I want to post an image of a chubby girl I think is hot, someone else can come and say -Hey!! That's not hot! and my picture will be removed even though it doesn't conatin any nudity and is depicting a woman who I think is hot and sexy. It's weird.
Lieutenant Gillipig

Postby Symmetry on Wed Dec 19, 2012 6:44 am

Gillipig wrote:Remove the NSFW, no one seems to know what it stands for anymore lol. I think there's sense in having different topics for different things. There is a Hot+Sexy Men thread so it's not like you can't post sexy pictures of men. Most people one this site are straight men so it's reasonable that we can have a thread where we post images of what we're attracted to.
What annoys me though is that you're only allowed to post pics of girls that are considered universally attractive. If I want to post an image of a chubby girl I think is hot, someone else can come and say -Hey!! That's not hot! and my picture will be removed even though it doesn't conatin any nudity and is depicting a woman who I think is hot and sexy. It's weird.
[/quote]

it means Not Safe For Work, so there's always you an me at least who understand.

I do think that a thread started by someone shouldn't be re-purposed to exclude people though, especially when done without the author's consent.
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby Funkyterrance on Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:54 pm

Symmetry wrote:
it means Not Safe For Work, so there's always you an me at least who understand.

And now that makes three. :D
Colonel Funkyterrance

Postby Gillipig on Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:57 pm

It's truly amazing how quickly information can spread! Now if we were only talking about something meaningful #-o
Lieutenant Gillipig

Postby tzor on Sat Dec 29, 2012 3:21 pm

bedub1 wrote:Recently I found out that CC is actively discriminating against a single specific religion.

No it's not. Wikipedia lists the Aum as the primary symbol of Hinduism. That's the symbol I see everywhere, not the swastika.

Cadet tzor

Postby Johnny Rockets on Sun Dec 30, 2012 1:00 pm

Meh......ranting to much.

N/m

JRock
Sergeant 1st Class Johnny Rockets

PreviousNext

Return to Conquer Club Discussion