Conquer Club

[Official]H.P. Lovecraft Mafia Endgame

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: [Official]H.P. Lovecraft Mafia Day Seven

Postby jonty125 on Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:39 am

Kanin Usagi wrote:
Little Witt wrote:I didn't quote to the letter on any of them, but that is generally what the pm said. I didn't know it was completely against the rules, but I didn't quote word for word

As long as you don't quote word-for-word, its usually fine. Depends on the mod though, and most mods will have is specified exactly in their rules.

Anyway, we should lynch Little Witt today. Then lynch Hippo tomorrow.

Agreed. Hippo needs the Necromicon to win and it doesn't look like the holder is going to play ball with him.
War doesn't determine who's right; it determines who's left.
Cook jonty125

Re: [Official]H.P. Lovecraft Mafia Day ?!$^!Mā—‹ā•+&$āŒĆ±3Ā§49#8ā™„+

Postby spiesr on Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:11 am

Little Witt wrote:
Little Witt wrote:I have some confusion about my WC and Hippo and it doesn't seem right, because from what everyone is saying who they are, my player I am supposed to kill isn't even listed as one of the rolls here.
I'm Cthulhu, as many of you have guessed already. but I fight is not with anyone but my half-brother Hastur. But apparently no one here is Hastur so I have no one I know to be Hastur and therefore no one lynch to fulfill my WC which has me confused. Someone is either two characters and only telling us of one (hippo) the all might dude who knows all and only seeks his love. I doubt that he is really that player and is someone else entirely, still a god but not the god he says he is.
Role PM wrote:In order to be freed from your prison, you need more followers...
QFT

^ I have no fight at all with the humans or aliens or doctors. In fact I want to keep you alive.
Role PM wrote:Send Deep Ones: Send deep ones to a player...
(I get info about my search through the night scenes and that helps me find out who my target is)...
Role PM wrote:You fulfill your winning condition if you can destroy your half-brother Hastur"
Okay, the reason I was asking about this now is that last night I asked about Little Witt's alignment. The answer that I got was that he wants to reanimate humans. I have no idea if this result is correct or anything.
Also, I am now voteless.
Captain spiesr

Postby Nendreel on Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:47 am

spiesr wrote:Okay, the reason I was asking about this now is that last night I asked about Little Witt's alignment. The answer that I got was that he wants to reanimate humans. I have no idea if this result is correct or anything.
Also, I am now voteless.

Wha?
You must have gotten a busdriven result or something.
I doubt that Witt would have lied about his "Kill someone" WC, especially with "Reanimate humans" being a fairly safe WC at the moment.
Sergeant Nendreel

Postby betiko on Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:50 pm

Nendreel wrote:
spiesr wrote:Okay, the reason I was asking about this now is that last night I asked about Little Witt's alignment. The answer that I got was that he wants to reanimate humans. I have no idea if this result is correct or anything.
Also, I am now voteless.

Wha?
You must have gotten a busdriven result or something.
I doubt that Witt would have lied about his "Kill someone" WC, especially with "Reanimate humans" being a fairly safe WC at the moment.

sounds like a strange answer from yog. you said you were unaligned nendreel, so it's a feature to reanimate dead not an alignment as far as I know. Can you be more precise spiesr, all this is quite wierd.
Major betiko

Postby spiesr on Wed Dec 19, 2012 4:36 pm

betiko wrote:Can you be more precise spiesr, all this is quite wierd.
Nope, that's all I got. It doesn't make much sense to me either. I suspect that I am no longer fully sane as result of asking this, but I don't know what, if any, effects that may have had on this matter.
Captain spiesr

Postby DoomYoshi on Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:41 pm

Spiesr, what does your little code mean?

Hippo, in what way are you sticking out your neck?

Betiko, when we are recruited into the cult, it tells you the other members. I knew Jak recruited me. Commander knew that me and Jak recruited him. Vodean and the rest of us never had a chance to talk. We didn't have a daytalk. All that happened was me and Comm spoke and then commander said he was going to recruit vodean.

vote spiesr

codes are asking for death.
ā–‘ā–’ā–’ā–“ā–“ā–“ā–’ā–’ā–‘
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby spiesr on Wed Dec 19, 2012 6:10 pm

What code? Do you mean ?!$^!Mā—‹ā•+&$āŒĆ±3Ā§49#8ā™„+ā”¬*? I have no idea what that means. I saw it last when I got my results. Do you know what it means? Can you help my probably damaged physce makes sense of it?
Captain spiesr

Postby thehippo8 on Wed Dec 19, 2012 6:13 pm

DoomYoshi wrote:Spiesr, what does your little code mean?

Betiko, when we are recruited into the cult, it tells you the other members. I knew Jak recruited me. Commander knew that me and Jak recruited him. Vodean and the rest of us never had a chance to talk. We didn't have a daytalk. All that happened was me and Comm spoke and then commander said he was going to recruit vodean.

vote spiesr

Witt now knows who his target is ... do you really think I will last tonight if Witt survives today?
ImageImageImage
show
Corporal 1st Class thehippo8

Postby DoomYoshi on Wed Dec 19, 2012 6:27 pm

thehippo8 wrote:

vote spiesr

Witt now knows who his target is ... do you really think I will last tonight if Witt survives today?

I agree that you are in a dangerous position. How is that you sticking your neck out as opposed to rishaed busting you?
ā–‘ā–’ā–’ā–“ā–“ā–“ā–’ā–’ā–‘
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby thehippo8 on Wed Dec 19, 2012 6:58 pm

DoomYoshi wrote:
thehippo8 wrote:

vote spiesr

I agree that you are in a dangerous position. How is that you sticking your neck out as opposed to rishaed busting you?

Oh, I get your point. Rishaed did not know that I am known by various names - including the name Hastur which Witt was confused about. Rishaed did some, I did some - you make your mind up - but the die is definitely cast now!
ImageImageImage
show

Postby Little Witt on Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:20 pm

thehippo8 wrote:
DoomYoshi wrote:
thehippo8 wrote:

vote spiesr

Oh, I get your point. Rishaed did not know that I am known by various names - including the name Hastur which Witt was confused about. Rishaed did some, I did some - you make your mind up - but the die is definitely cast now!

But hippo you forget, I don't have ANY powers. I can't kill anyone through night, only by lynch can I do anything to anyone.
Sergeant 1st Class Little Witt

Postby rishaed on Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:27 pm

I'm Not buying this ^ He's Ctluthu for pity's sake, you've got to have some sort of powers, even if its an exact mirror of Hippo's just with a different Win Condition (killing Hastur). vote LittleWitt. Honestly, it might have turned out differently for you without these rolecop'ing aliens.
aage wrote: Maybe you're right, but since we receive no handlebars from the mod I think we should get some ourselves.

Corporal 1st Class rishaed

Location: Somewhere in the Foundry forums looking for whats going on!

Postby Kanin Usagi on Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:42 pm

rishaed wrote:I'm Not buying this ^ He's Ctluthu for pity's sake, you've got to have some sort of powers, even if its an exact mirror of Hippo's just with a different Win Condition (killing Hastur). vote LittleWitt. Honestly, it might have turned out differently for you without these rolecop'ing aliens.

Those darn aliens. >_>

Anyway, I will reiterate my earlier point: Lynch little Witt. If we still haven't end game'd then we lynch Hippo. And whoever has the necronomicon, please don't let it fall into the wrong hands!
Commander9 wrote:
Rodion wrote:Vote Commander9 for being Commander9.

I am convinced by your argument.

Vote Commander9.
Private Kanin Usagi

Postby betiko on Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:55 pm

there is something wrong about all this... Not sure I buy that revivers and aliens are there purely to help town. This makes the game way too unballanced for the gods... What are the chances for the gods seriously? revivers keep on reviving undead everyday and no one would take the chance to worship the gods. The gods couldn't reveal themselves before in the game, how could they get followers?
Major betiko

Postby thehippo8 on Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:00 pm

betiko wrote:there is something wrong about all this... Not sure I buy that revivers and aliens are there purely to help town. This makes the game way too unballanced for the gods... What are the chances for the gods seriously? revivers keep on reviving undead everyday and no one would take the chance to worship the gods. The gods couldn't reveal themselves before in the game, how could they get followers?

Nah, you are mixing up western religion with Lovecraftian mythos - in the former gods need humans to be meaningful - in the latter (mythos) the outer gods can be controlled by humans for humans own end. Sure that may be summing up Lovecraftian mythos a bit bluntly, but you can't ignore Meta by replacing it with faulty irrelevant Meta.
ImageImageImage
show

Postby new guy1 on Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:09 pm

We are not here to help purely town. We are here to survive. We chose to help the town because we find it as the best way for survival.
Sergeant new guy1

Postby betiko on Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:29 pm

thehippo8 wrote:
betiko wrote:there is something wrong about all this... Not sure I buy that revivers and aliens are there purely to help town. This makes the game way too unballanced for the gods... What are the chances for the gods seriously? revivers keep on reviving undead everyday and no one would take the chance to worship the gods. The gods couldn't reveal themselves before in the game, how could they get followers?

Nah, you are mixing up western religion with Lovecraftian mythos - in the former gods need humans to be meaningful - in the latter (mythos) the outer gods can be controlled by humans for humans own end. Sure that may be summing up Lovecraftian mythos a bit bluntly, but you can't ignore Meta by replacing it with faulty irrelevant Meta.

I'm not sure you understand what I mean. revivers, town, unaligned and yith seem to have no conflicts of interest and killing all gods seems the way to go for us all to win. I'm just saying that it looks a bit too easy for us all and unballanced for gods.
Witt, did you not try to kill hippo last night?

Can we prod soundman? If players are revived from their grave with an apparently important role it's too bad we hear nothing from him in all day.
Or if people show up to replace others it would be cool if it wasn't only for the opportunity of getting a medal and be as active as the predecessor...
Major betiko

Postby Little Witt on Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:29 pm

betiko wrote:
thehippo8 wrote:

I'm not sure you understand what I mean. revivers, town, unaligned and yith seem to have no conflicts of interest and killing all gods seems the way to go for us all to win. I'm just saying that it looks a bit too easy for us all and unballanced for gods.
Witt, did you not try to kill hippo last night?

Can we prod soundman? If players are revived from their grave with an apparently important role it's too bad we hear nothing from him in all day.
Or if people show up to replace others it would be cool if it wasn't only for the opportunity of getting a medal and be as active as the predecessor...

No didn't, I am unable to try anything of that sort at all!

Postby betiko on Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:54 pm

why would hippo have a 1 shot bulletproof against gods if it wasn t to protect his ass vs you who need to kill him? you are the only one who could make this ability usefull.
Major betiko

Postby / on Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:12 pm

Sorry for not being here, I've been feeling a bit sick for the past few days, I'll try to get to a vote count and anything else that needs to be done tomorrow.

PS: not sure it it's relevant atm, but earlier chap wanted to say he's still reading up, and hadn't posted so as not to lose place in the thread.
Sergeant 1st Class /

Postby Little Witt on Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:28 pm

betiko wrote:why would hippo have a 1 shot bulletproof against gods if it wasn t to protect his ass vs you who need to kill him? you are the only one who could make this ability usefull.

Because I need followers to unlock my ability to hurt Hippo. Does that help? I guess that is why there are so many JOAT humans.

Postby Kanin Usagi on Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:59 pm

Little Witt wrote:
betiko wrote:why would hippo have a 1 shot bulletproof against gods if it wasn t to protect his ass vs you who need to kill him? you are the only one who could make this ability usefull.

Because I need followers to unlock my ability to hurt Hippo. Does that help? I guess that is why there are so many JOAT humans.

Well that's... odd. Does this mean that Hippo needs followers as well? That makes me think that Hippo STILL hasn't been completely forward to us.
Commander9 wrote:
Rodion wrote:Vote Commander9 for being Commander9.

I am convinced by your argument.

Vote Commander9.
Private Kanin Usagi

Postby betiko on Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:12 am

Kanin Usagi wrote:
Little Witt wrote:

Well that's... odd. Does this mean that Hippo needs followers as well? That makes me think that Hippo STILL hasn't been completely forward to us.

well that was my concern before. I doubt gods wouldn't be looking for followers, and I don't see how they could manage to get some. Unless they have helpers! Like revivers could be in reality helping a god, yith another god, black brotherhood another god. They are a bit all by themselves and pretty fragile creatures according to what they say...
Major betiko

Postby new guy1 on Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:17 am

I would like to say right now, we are not working with either god. I dont feel like we were even in the same book as them, so how could we even be associated with them?
Sergeant new guy1

Postby new guy1 on Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:25 am

Sorry for the double, but also it would make no since. Revivers helping one god, 2 people, black brother hood another, 1 person who can recruit, and then yith helping another, they can basically read minds and take votes as long as they are in their bodies. I would hope that everyone found it hard to believe that the gods would have such diverse servants. Especially since my race has proven quite a bit more useful (IMO) and would have killed the balance very quickly. We also inhabited one of the revivers, and so if we wanted to we could have gotten him killed as soon as they were outed. I feel like that is the whole point of the picking a god to worship ability. They need you to pick between those two. Also, the elder things might have been another faction type deal in this struggle, since they originally held the necronomicon. Your theory makes no since betiko, because I also conscientiously went to my own, voteless body. If I were trying to influence this at all, why would I do that and why would I stand aside and let the town take their pick and not try to influence them at all?
Sergeant new guy1

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Archives