Conquer Club

Dexter

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Dexter

Postby betiko on Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:11 pm

strike wolf wrote:Prison Break used to be good ? I'm just wondering because I saw the first season and it seemed pretty bad from the get go.

please stop there then! lol.
We re talking about a few years ago when it was aired. It might look pretty old now, idk.
Best prison show was OZ anyway!

best cop show? the wire!!
Major betiko

Postby Timminz on Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:22 pm

TA1LGUNN3R wrote:
Timminz wrote:Can't wait for the final season. Season 7 seriously made up for the shit that was season 6. So fucking good!

I didn't think 6 was great, but it was a helluva lot better than 5.

-TG

I felt the opposite. 5 was mediocre, and 6 was terrible. It's too bad too, because the premise for 6 had a lot of promise. They just made it terrible. Which brings me to my next point.

Gillipig wrote:
nagerous wrote:Who here watches it? Just saw the Season 7 finale, man that was intense...

I don't watch the seventh season of anything. At this point they're just repeating the shit out of themselves.

To me, Dexter feels like a show that was originally planned to have a total of 5 or 6 seasons, but because the first few seasons were so popular, they decided to extend it. This meant that, for the entire arc of the show to work, they had to make a couple seasons of filler. Seasons where nothing substantial actually happens. This, to me and a lot of other people I know, was seasons 5 and 6. When they started making season 7, they knew that 8 was going to be the final season, so now they're free to have big, game-changing things happen.

And that's why season 7 was so good (best since 2, in my opinion), and why I have high hopes for the final season.
Captain Timminz

Postby Timminz on Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:26 pm

betiko wrote:Best prison show was OZ anyway!

I agree, although I would call The Wire a cop show. Yes, there were police characters, but the show was about so much more than just them.

Kinda like Dexter isn't a cop show, even though a large chunk of the characters are cops. It's about Dexter, and the people that he affects/who affect him. Similarly, The Wire is about Baltimore, and the people that affect it/are affected by it.
Captain Timminz

Postby betiko on Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:44 pm

edit: best show about baltimore?? the wire!!!!

so timminz, you confirm that the season 7 of dexter is worth watching? season 6 was a torture to watch.

spoiler
and given that the cliffhanger from season 6 dies at the begining of season 7 i stopped.
Major betiko

Postby strike wolf on Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:52 pm

betiko wrote:
strike wolf wrote:Prison Break used to be good ? I'm just wondering because I saw the first season and it seemed pretty bad from the get go.

please stop there then! lol.
We re talking about a few years ago when it was aired. It might look pretty old now, idk.
Best prison show was OZ anyway!

I watched the first episode when it was first aired. even the premise seemed messed up.
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.

Strike wolf need brain for smart making.
Cadet strike wolf

Postby nagerous on Wed Dec 19, 2012 6:14 pm

The Wire is by far the greatest show, and nothing can be compared.

I've never watched Breaking Bad or Prison Break but many people I know have recommended them, so they will be next to watch (when I actually have some spare time).
Captain nagerous

Postby betiko on Wed Dec 19, 2012 6:18 pm

nagerous wrote:The Wire is by far the greatest show, and nothing can be compared.

I've never watched Breaking Bad or Prison Break but many people I know have recommended them, so they will be next to watch (when I actually have some spare time).

breaking bad definitely.
Other great shows from the past 2 years I'd recommend are games of throne and homeland.
Major betiko

Postby nagerous on Wed Dec 19, 2012 6:33 pm

Yeah I love Game of Thrones and am looking forward to the next series. Am also looking forward to the return of Walking Dead in February ;D
Captain nagerous

Postby betiko on Wed Dec 19, 2012 6:44 pm

never seen walking dead but i m not too much into zombies... I know people told me it's much better than just that but i don t know...
Major betiko

Postby Timminz on Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:18 pm

betiko wrote:spoiler
and given that the cliffhanger from season 6 dies at the begining of season 7 i stopped.

What did you hope would happen from the cliffhanger at the end of 6?
Captain Timminz

Postby betiko on Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:12 pm

Timminz wrote:
betiko wrote:spoiler

What did you hope would happen from the cliffhanger at the end of 6?

humm bro-sis bad ass conflict, or sis being in the secret and wild sex in the church. the morgans as crime partners! But no! "Oh, it just happens that this complete bullshit happened, and as you are my sister and still didn't figure out I'm a serial killer as you are a lousy inspector i'll get away with it as usual"

I kind of don't see what is left to explore with the first episode.............
Major betiko

Postby strike wolf on Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:40 pm

show
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.

Cadet strike wolf

Postby Timminz on Thu Dec 20, 2012 8:40 am

strike wolf wrote:
show

I too, am starting to suspect you didn't watch the entire episode, because that all changes at the end. Or maybe it was the start of episode 2.
Captain Timminz

Postby strike wolf on Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:14 am

Timminz wrote:
strike wolf wrote:
show

I too, am starting to suspect you didn't watch the entire episode, because that all changes at the end. Or maybe it was the start of episode 2.

It was the end of episode 1.

Cadet strike wolf

Postby Gillipig on Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:42 am

The first season of Prison Break was one of the best series I've ever seen! Thing is, ones they got out of jail, it wasn't "prison break" anymore. They did get into jail one more time but that wasn't the same.
AoG for President of the World!!
I promise he will put George W. Bush to shame!
Lieutenant Gillipig

Postby Metsfanmax on Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:57 am

Gillipig wrote:

The first season of Prison Break was one of the best series I've ever seen! Thing is, ones they got out of jail, it wasn't "prison break" anymore. They did get into jail one more time but that wasn't the same.

I agree. When they were in the confines of the prison, the show made a lot more sense because it had a clear direction. Season one was excellent television programming and I thoroughly enjoyed it. After that, there was no direction for the show, it just wasn't clear what was happening, and so the continuity started dropping.
Sergeant 1st Class Metsfanmax

Postby betiko on Sat Dec 29, 2012 5:20 pm

strike wolf wrote:
Timminz wrote:
strike wolf wrote:
show

It was the end of episode 1.

ok guys! I admit, I fell asleep I think just after the ukranian kills anderson on episode 1! :lol: :lol:
The day after it was aired a friend of mine who used to be a fan and hated season 6 kept on throwing shit at season 7, so I thought it wasn't worth it and dropped it.
I just got back to it and just finished the 3rd episode! now the good thing is that I can watch everything left without waiting a week each time, and the season did take the turn I was expecting when season 6 ended!! ;)

I don't know if anyone will still be interested in commenting dexter s7 by then anyways! (give me a week to catch up!! :p )
Major betiko

Postby AAFitz on Sat Dec 29, 2012 6:08 pm

My favorite line in the entire series, was when Dexter tells his future step kids, that

"We're getting Married!" (to Rita, their mom)

and after their jaws drop and their faces go blank he points out further:

"We're gonna have a baby!"

After shock overcomes all, Rita just says

"Dexter, that was (pause) Ridiculous."
I'm Spanking Monkey now....err...I mean I'm a Spanking Monkey now...that shoots milk
Too much. I know.
Sergeant 1st Class AAFitz

Postby betiko on Wed Jul 10, 2013 6:46 pm

so who's watching season 8? i got to say it doesn't look too bad so far.
Major betiko

Postby strike wolf on Wed Jul 10, 2013 6:57 pm

It's good. I'm not sure what to make of Vogel though...

show

Cadet strike wolf

Postby betiko on Wed Jul 10, 2013 7:03 pm

humm.. actually i don't know if it's because i ve watched the show for so long but... I don't even remember how harry died!
but yeah; this motherly character is creepy (by the way is Charlotte Rampling famous in the US? she's very famous in france and I think she's a great actress).
and deb.... getting totlaly nuts! I dodn't get something: el sapo took her gun, so it can't be her that killed him... why hide the evidence?

I still think it doesn't make any sense that she killed laguerta in season 7...
Major betiko

Previous

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,