Conquer Club

The Official Clan Sitting Rules (Old Version)

Abandoned challenges and other old information.

Moderator: Clan Directors

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: The Official Clan Sitting Rules

Postby stahrgazer on Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:50 pm

chemefreak wrote:We will see how bogus they feel when they are enforced!

There it is, the power trip these rules give them. Hoo Rah!

Without fixing, at all, the real problem these stemmed from: someone SYSTEMATICALLY taking other players' turns.

And since it just hassles legit players without fixing the real problem AT ALL, they weren't "thoughtful" at all, cheme.
Last edited by stahrgazer on Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sergeant stahrgazer

Postby HardAttack on Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:55 pm

Are you clan directors or clan dictators ?
LEGENDS of WAR
Colonel HardAttack

Postby chemefreak on Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:57 pm

All of our favorites are showing up! Glad to see you all :lol:
:twisted: ChemE :twisted:
Š±Ń€Š°Ń‚ŃŒŃ Š² руŠŗŠ¾ŃŃ‚ŠŗŠ°Ń…
I ā™„ ++The Legion++
Lieutenant chemefreak

Postby HardAttack on Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:00 pm

chemefreak wrote:All of our favorites are showing up! Glad to see you all :lol:

You are missing it bud,
it s not the question if we show up,
question here is what you put here as your show i guess.

pity, really pity...
i always used to believe that all you 4, to be much more smarter, wiser and cooler...
there is nothing funny in it, you should be sad IMO...

whatever,
just sad,
you keep laughin bro..
LEGENDS of WAR
Colonel HardAttack

Postby eddie2 on Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:13 am

Evil Semp wrote:
eddie2 wrote:
Punishments

Anyone caught breaking these rules will be subject to penalties as determined at the sole discretion of the CD Team. Penalties may include loss of privileges, loss of medals, forfeiture of games, and any other punishment the CD Team deems appropriate.The CD team will take a common sense approach when ruling on each individual case.

then evil semp making this comment.
eddie
I think I can speak for C&A. If a site rule is broken and it is brought to our attention it will NOT BE IGNORED. These new clan rules only pertain to account sitting.

these comments above contradicted each other since the new clan rules will mean you have breached a site rule,(by this i mean new clan rules are a more defined version of site rules, So if you breach a clan sitting rule you have breached a stricter version of a site rule)but the post from the clan team says only clan mods will be issuing punishments.But evil has said this is not the case.

No contradiction eddie. If you break the one hour rule that will not be punished by C&A but will be handled by the CD's.

lol evil this is exactly what i mean the 1 hour rule is just the in danger of missing a turn site rule but has been given a 1 hour limit which you said earlier in he thread would not be overlooked by c and a mods. you are now changing your earlier comment and this makes it look even more like these rules were not planned and talked about like stated.

i'll explain this more.. if i notice someone taking turns with 6 hours on the clock just because that player has went mia or missed a previous shot, this is a breach of site rules which c and a have warned noted for before. because you stated it will not be ignored if the person opens a c and a report you will deal with it there. then clan mods will see it and issue a 2nd punishment because they will have to issue one in case they punish someone who takes turns with like 2 or 1 and a half hours left on the clock because this is breaching the clan rules but not the site rules.
Major eddie2

Postby Funkyterrance on Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:44 am

chemefreak wrote: We even have an account sitting hunter now 8-)

That's frigging awesome.
Colonel Funkyterrance

Postby HardAttack on Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:18 am

1.) A lot of rumours going on around, no clear information but gossips on the air...
One told me last night that, if it is 1st turn of a game, no matter it is emergency sitting, in the last hour an emergency sitter needs to contact with a CD for permission ? Or, if emergency sitter well can cover the turn, no matter the turn is 1st turn or not in the last hour without permission from a CD ?

2.) I am reading evil semp lines,

You may have read the rules but you don't seem to understand them.

Evil Semp wrote:If you receive a PM you can take their turns right then. You don't have to wait for the final hour. The final hour only comes in if HAVE NOT BEEN IN CONTACT with the person who's turn you are going to sit.

Evil, or CD, what is it ? Please and if you can expand this ? Who is PMing to who ? Why and with that PM what sitter is going to do ?
Is the sitter going to be asked to forward this PM to a CD for permission ?

I request please a mod to answer this my above question, but not anyone else, since i am asking an official answer ...

Thanks.
LEGENDS of WAR
Colonel HardAttack

Postby Squirly on Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:28 am

Nicky15 wrote:
These rules will come into force Monday after we have had the chance to pm all clan leaders and make sure everyone is aware.

Thanks

The CD team.

so when do these rules come into effect?
I haven't received any pm's from any of you. My co leaders haven't either.
Maybe you've only sent pms to the clans that have caused the need for all these additional rules?
that would actually make sense.
General Squirly

Postby Nicky15 on Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:14 am

Squirly wrote:
Nicky15 wrote:
These rules will come into force Monday after we have had the chance to pm all clan leaders and make sure everyone is aware.

Thanks

The CD team.

Maybe you've only sent pms to the clans that have caused the need for all these additional rules?

OK let me look into that.
Major Nicky15

Postby Nicky15 on Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:45 am

Two years as a Clan director. I am sure we are all accustomed to Chemes sense of humour... No ?

Guys as of now these are the rules. The gossip and hearsay. Ignore.

These rules are simple. All we did was define existing site policy. And make it mandatory to post. We cannot legislate for every given eventuality so that's why the common sense thing is there. If you break a site rule, C&A will punish you as always. For example. Account sharing etc. If you break a clan rule For example Not posting in a game. CD will deal with that. All clan sitting abuse will be dealt with as a team however, multi hunters and Cd having input. In some cases Admin may be involved.

We are not Clan Dictators. If we were we would be black and white and straight down the line. Say its an hour whatever the circumstances. But we wont. We will use common sense.

May I remind everyone, that account sharing has always been against site policy. As was going in and out of others accounts at will. So basically all we have done is define the period of when a turn is actually in danger of being missed, and made it mandatory to post. The hour rule is being discussed with Clan reps and whatever the majority decide in regards to that will determine if that is changed or not.

The honest player who always posts will be fine !

Can we please stop the drama, and give these rules a chance to settle. In the future you can judge us on how we deal with reports and you will see we are fair. If we aren't then you can be as dramatic as you wish.
But please lets stop creating a fuss about all the what ifs and maybes and see how this goes 1st.

If you have been genuinely asked to sit you can. If a player has not contacted you then you can not know they will miss their turns, they may have every intention of taking them. Give them the chance to. No one has ever had the right to just take turns just in case.

If you are constantly being asked to sit for someone the very 1st thing we will do is talk to you about it. And advise you both what to do.

In regards to punishments. The only thing you are earning a straight infraction for is not posting in a game. (except for missing a few during a prearranged sit) And obviously breaking site rules.

In regards to everything else, the 1st thing we will do is talk about it with you. No one who is honest and truthful about their sitting is getting booted off CC.
Major Nicky15

Postby Nicky15 on Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:04 am

HardAttack wrote:1.) A lot of rumours going on around, no clear information but gossips on the air...
One told me last night that, if it is 1st turn of a game, no matter it is emergency sitting, in the last hour an emergency sitter needs to contact with a CD for permission ? Or, if emergency sitter well can cover the turn, no matter the turn is 1st turn or not in the last hour without permission from a CD ?

2.) I am reading evil semp lines,

You may have read the rules but you don't seem to understand them.

Evil Semp wrote:If you receive a PM you can take their turns right then. You don't have to wait for the final hour. The final hour only comes in if HAVE NOT BEEN IN CONTACT with the person who's turn you are going to sit.

Evil, or CD, what is it ? Please and if you can expand this ? Who is PMing to who ? Why and with that PM what sitter is going to do ?
Is the sitter going to be asked to forward this PM to a CD for permission ?

I request please a mod to answer this my above question, but not anyone else, since i am asking an official answer ...

Thanks.

A PM is always best. As you cover yourself and can forward it if you need to. However for people who text or phone. We wont be asking for a copy of your phone bill. As long as the sitting isn't happening all the time you will be fine. We want everyone taking their own turns as much as possible, that's all. We don't want people in clan wars that require sitting. Whats the point of them being there. Obviously real life happens so you can ask for cover if you need to. But for these cases, if a player is regularly being entered into wars and then requires sitting, we will advise you to sit out of further rounds until the time you can take your own turns again. Or only be entered into minimum games to reduce the impact.

We will only ask for evidence in extreme cases. If you say for example. Player A text me and asked me to take his turns for the next 12 hours as something happened, that's fine. We will take your word for it. However. If we look and player A did in fact take some of his own turns in that 12 hours, played a few speed games, had a nice long chat in LC, posted in the forums. etc etc Then quite obviously that will be an infraction as player a was clearly able to take his own turns. Providing us with a copy of the PM is at your own discretion, but for the example listed above, doing so would clear you of blame.

All we want is all sitting honestly documented. We want everyone to know who has been sat for. We just want everything above board.

If you have any further worries, you can always PM a CD for advice.
Major Nicky15

Postby uckuki on Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:40 pm

5, You must not be in another persons account for any reason, other than to cover turns while that person is on vacation.

so, is it illegal to offer advice/suggestion to your buddies?
or we have to take snap, send message, wait for response, send pm
if we have a question, wait for response, etc?
just little bit of extra work to add to fun factor. :evil:

so, basically because two-three people take this game too seriously we have to
kill fun for everybody.

well, whoever is trying to get people out of cc is doing a good job as far as I'm concerned.
first time I get a punishment of any sort for some silly thing will be the last time I
come to this site. if you wanna treat players like children then set age limit
for membership, say at 13 years max.
:|

how about this rule: anybody who has fun playing cc cannot have a rank higher
than sergeant; higher ranks only apply to those serious enough?
Major uckuki

Postby greenoaks on Wed Dec 19, 2012 4:07 pm

uckuki wrote:
5, You must not be in another persons account for any reason, other than to cover turns while that person is on vacation.

kill fun for everybody.

well, whoever is trying to get people out of cc is doing a good job as far as I'm concerned.
first time I get a punishment of any sort for some silly thing will be the last time I

or how about -
you don't share accounts.
you be gratious the site allows you to cover each others turns during absences instead of deadbeating
you be thankful the site lets you take those last minute turns instead of receiving deferred troops
Sergeant greenoaks

Postby Nicky15 on Wed Dec 19, 2012 4:33 pm

uckuki wrote:

kill fun for everybody.

This is not a new rule. It has always been against site rules to be in someones account for any other reason than to sit a turn.

I am not sure what fun is being ruined, unless you get your fun from sharing accounts with your friends :? If you want to discuss your turn with your teammates, what is stopping you..... :? You cannot and could never have had under the old existing rules, someone come into your account and leave chat in your games. take your own turns, play your own games, that is all we are saying. If you can't take your turns that is what the rules are for.
Major Nicky15

Postby uckuki on Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:51 pm

wouldn't sharing accounts be 2 people using 1 account. if a player already has an
account and logs into friend's acct to take a look at the game, leave a note, take the
turn or whatever, that's cooperation not account sharing. :?:
first time I hear about it being against the rules and I don't see a good reason why it
shouldn't be allowed. Account sharing should be forbidden and I have no problem with that.

what kills fun is having more and more rules and regulations instead of
it being just a game of chance & rolling dice. :(
Major uckuki

Postby Funkyterrance on Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:52 pm

Nicky15 wrote:I am not sure what fun is being ruined, unless you get your fun from sharing accounts with your friends :? If you want to discuss your turn with your teammates, what is stopping you..... :? You cannot and could never have had under the old existing rules, someone come into your account and leave chat in your games. take your own turns, play your own games, that is all we are saying. If you can't take your turns that is what the rules are for.

Yes!!!
The reason these new rules were enacted was due to people abusing the privilege of being able to take turns for someone else in their unexpected absence. Some people were treating this privilege like an open-to-interpretation right to take turns for someone else whenever it was convenient. Again, I say don't blame admin, blame the people abusing the system.
Colonel Funkyterrance

Postby Funkyterrance on Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:59 pm

uckuki wrote:wouldn't sharing accounts be 2 people using 1 account. if a player already has an
account and logs into friend's acct to take a look at the game, leave a note, take the
turn or whatever, that's cooperation not account sharing. :?:
first time I hear about it being against the rules and I don't see a good reason why it
shouldn't be allowed. Account sharing should be forbidden and I have no problem with that.

what kills fun is having more and more rules and regulations instead of
it being just a game of chance & rolling dice. :(

The reason it's forbidden is that in the clan setting you could end up getting one player making decisions for everyone else and thus not reflecting the clan's skill as a whole but merely the skill of a few choice players. This defeats the whole purpose of clanwars and even clans in general.
There is a reason there is a limit to how many games each player can partake in during a war: to prevent puppet mastering of clans.
Colonel Funkyterrance

Postby stahrgazer on Wed Dec 19, 2012 6:33 pm

Nicky15 wrote: Can we please stop the drama, and give these rules a chance to settle. In the future you can judge us on how we deal with reports and you will see we are fair. If we aren't then you can be as dramatic as you wish.
But please lets stop creating a fuss about all the what ifs and maybes and see how this goes 1st.

CDs are creating the "drama" by posting hour restrictions on turn-sitting rather than looking for abuses by folks, as you say:
Nicky15 wrote: If we look and player A did in fact take some of his own turns in that 12 hours, played a few speed games, had a nice long chat in LC, posted in the forums. etc etc Then quite obviously that will be an infraction as player a was clearly able to take his own turns.

And as you indicate, the other restrictions already existed, so why the need to repost them?

And when you have folks with the "sense of humor" as you refer to chemefreak, who continually thinks it's just fine to post in the same threads first as a mod/director then when called on things, claim he's now posting as "just a member/leader of his own clan" you've got to be kidding if you think folks like that give evidence that we can trust them to be 'fair.'

Still looks like power play but omg, ppl who call what they see are "creating drama" for you. :roll:
Sergeant stahrgazer

Postby Nicky15 on Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:01 pm

It's not a power play. All we have done is clear up the grey areas so everyone knows what is and is not allowed. And created a framework so that we can actually punish people who abuse the system.
Major Nicky15

Postby Nicky15 on Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:03 pm

Squirly wrote:
Nicky15 wrote:

Thanks

The CD team.

I have looked it up. Ishihara received one on behalf of ID
Major Nicky15

Postby stahrgazer on Thu Dec 20, 2012 6:03 am

Nicky15 wrote:It's not a power play. All we have done is clear up the grey areas so everyone knows what is and is not allowed. And created a framework so that we can actually punish people who abuse the system.

Overly restricting when someone can, and cannot, sit in for an away player is not "clearing up a grey area."

Not sitting in on a game while the original owner is in chat, etc. was already part of the rules, so again, not "clearing up a grey area."

Site already supposedly had a framework to punish people who abuse the rules, so again, not "clearing up a grey area."
Sergeant stahrgazer

Postby Nicky15 on Thu Dec 20, 2012 6:13 am

stahrgazer wrote:
Nicky15 wrote:It's not a power play. All we have done is clear up the grey areas so everyone knows what is and is not allowed. And created a framework so that we can actually punish people who abuse the system.

Overly restricting when someone can, and cannot, sit in for an away player is not "clearing up a grey area."

Not sitting in on a game while the original owner is in chat, etc. was already part of the rules, so again, not "clearing up a grey area."

Site already supposedly had a framework to punish people who abuse the rules, so again, not "clearing up a grey area."

We are not restricting sitting when it is prearranged "with permission." We are only restricting emergency cover when you have had no contact.

Many people are/were unaware of even the existing site rules, as proven by the posts in this threads. So yes we have cleared up grey areas for many.
Major Nicky15

Postby macbone on Thu Dec 20, 2012 6:44 am

Nicky15 wrote: The hour rule is being discussed with Clan reps and whatever the majority decide in regards to that will determine if that is changed or not.

Nicky, I like this a lot. I hope in the future other clarifications of what's acceptable behavior will also be dealt with by surveying the people involved and getting their feedback.
Colonel macbone

Postby Nicky15 on Thu Dec 20, 2012 6:46 am

macbone wrote:
Nicky15 wrote: The hour rule is being discussed with Clan reps and whatever the majority decide in regards to that will determine if that is changed or not.

Nicky, I like this a lot. I hope in the future other clarifications of what's acceptable behavior will also be dealt with by surveying the people involved and getting their feedback.

Indeed. This will be one of the primary uses for our new group CD and Friends, every clan has been invited to put forward a rep, and all clan issues will be discussed in there.
Major Nicky15

Postby chapcrap on Thu Dec 20, 2012 3:37 pm

Nicky15 wrote:It has always been against site rules to be in someones account for any other reason than to sit a turn.

Does this include not logging in for people who are inactive so that you can edit their forum posts with the private clan forum?
Lieutenant chapcrap

PreviousNext

Return to Clan Archives