CRICKET: SILLY MID-ON

Care to peruse completed maps? Take a stroll through the Atlas.

Moderators: Cartographers, Global Moderators

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: CRICKET: SILLY MID-ON

Postby cairnswk on Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:54 am

you see that's the problem....some people are always going to enjoy something different like having the bowler active, whilst others will always want some balance.
how the f*** do i keep everyone happy :? :? :? :? :?:
Corporal cairnswk

Medals: 50
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (2) Map Contribution (35) General Contribution (3)

Postby thenobodies80 on Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:41 am

Simply you can't.
We would have only 1 map if it would be possible. ;)
Just take a decision and stick with it!

Give every man your ear, but few thy voice. Take each man's censure, but reserve thy judgment.
show
Corporal 1st Class thenobodies80
Foundry Foreman
Foundry Foreman

Medals: 70
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Bot Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4)
General Achievement (8) Map Contribution (7) Tournament Contribution (6) General Contribution (17)

Postby jimboy on Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:56 am

Didn't you say earlier that it was not your intention when building this map to have the bowler a complete non-factor? Since the bowler has been changed to a neutral 3 to start the game it is VERY rarely touched all game long. It's up to you what you do with your map but I'm just letting you know what my observations are. If the bowler was turned into a neutral single to start the game it would no longer be a non-factor as it would likely be used without having to make it active which some people think is unfair. I think that would be a nice happy medium.
Major jimboy

Medals: 68
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (15) General Achievement (4) Clan Achievement (5)

Postby Nola_Lifer on Sat Dec 15, 2012 8:41 pm

It is suppose to be a 1 neutral. They just haven't made the update live.
f*ck THE UNION LOUISIANA WILL RISE AGAIN
Major Nola_Lifer

Medals: 61
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (1)
Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (11) General Achievement (2) Clan Achievement (12) Tournament Contribution (2)
General Contribution (1)

Postby cairnswk on Sat Dec 15, 2012 8:54 pm

Nola_Lifer wrote:It is suppose to be a 1 neutral. They just haven't made the update live.

Don't know Nola...something has gone astray...possibly my end...so i'll have to back track to make sure the next xml file i send has everything in it.
Corporal cairnswk

Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (2) Map Contribution (35) General Contribution (3)

Postby cairnswk on Sat Dec 15, 2012 9:27 pm

Attachments
cricket_smo_V28_161212.xml
(49.12 KiB) Downloaded 11 times
Corporal cairnswk

Postby cairnswk on Sat Dec 15, 2012 9:27 pm

cairnswk wrote:
Nola_Lifer wrote:It is suppose to be a 1 neutral. They just haven't made the update live.

Don't know Nola...something has gone astray...possibly my end...so i'll have to back track to make sure the next xml file i send has everything in it.

Seems the upload simply didn't happen... :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
Corporal cairnswk

Postby cairnswk on Sat Dec 15, 2012 9:35 pm

I have just re-sent the files, so see how long this one takes. :?
Corporal cairnswk

Postby cairnswk on Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:59 pm

cairnswk wrote:I have just re-sent the files, so see how long this one takes. :?

No reply yet....
Corporal cairnswk

Postby thenobodies80 on Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:11 pm

The map was updated.

Give every man your ear, but few thy voice. Take each man's censure, but reserve thy judgment.
show
Corporal 1st Class thenobodies80
Foundry Foreman
Foundry Foreman

Medals: 70
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Bot Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4)
General Achievement (8) Map Contribution (7) Tournament Contribution (6) General Contribution (17)

Postby mr. CD on Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:33 pm

This makes me very happy! Thanks cairnswk and thenobodies.
Sergeant mr. CD

Medals: 132
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (4)
Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (30) General Achievement (13)
Clan Achievement (12) Tournament Contribution (30)

Postby Ickyketseddie on Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:38 am

Thank you!!!!

I've missed this map!! :D
Captain Ickyketseddie

Medals: 67
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (9) General Achievement (5) Clan Achievement (13) Tournament Contribution (2)

Postby cairnswk on Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:41 pm

That's stange...it didn't go anywhere!
Corporal cairnswk

Postby cairnswk on Fri Dec 21, 2012 2:40 pm

thenobodies80 wrote:The map was updated.

thank-you tnb80. :)
Corporal cairnswk

Postby ViperOverLord on Fri Dec 21, 2012 5:34 pm

I was happy with the map before the changes. I liked the bowler with a 3 neutral. And the way it is now, if someone has a streaker, they can just hide out for a turn and ravage the field very easily. I also liked territories like Amos being mixed and not neutral 2's.

I can probably get used to the changes. But imo, there was nothing wrong with the settings the way it was before. I did think it was a smart change to make the bowler a neutral 3 (from a change earlier). But the most recent changes are unnecessary and I like it less.

But if you do make Amos a 2 and the bowler a one and you're aiming for a more fluid map; then something like public03 should be a neut 2 (not 3) as well imo. B/C you've created more opportunities and the person going second needs to be able to counter more easily.

I really hope we go back to the way it was. I don't know who started this campaign to change it b/c it was perfect a month ago.
Major ViperOverLord

Medals: 127
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (3) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (30)
General Achievement (6) Clan Achievement (10) Tournament Contribution (31)

PreviousNext

Return to The Atlas