Conquer Club

CC is not what it used to be

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

Re: CC is not what it used to be

Postby shoop76 on Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:39 am

Funkyterrance wrote:
HighlanderAttack wrote:I have changed and part of the problem is that I got bored with this site.

Most of the problem is that many players that were very good and basically my friends have left.

For a site that is so much better, 10 time by your opinion, explain why there is 25% less players active (aprox 15000 rather than 20000) and why there is about 40% less players playing at any given time. 1300 on avg from the past to about 750 now. You find about half the speed games you would have been able to find in the past.

Like I said, the old players--the more Risk type players from the past are leaving in groves. The new players are not staying as long. It is not what it used to be even though they have added many new features. I am not degrading the site itself--it is the players that make the site--and those players are not around as much--based on sheer numbers and my own personal experience.

Ok, HA, here's my honest impression regarding your loss if interest in the site. If I'm wrong, please correct me but I'm figuring since you don't seem to care much about the site anymore anyway, there's no reason not to be blunt. Maybe the disassociated viewpoint of an outside observer can shed a little more light on the subject, maybe not.
I think the reason you don't feel the same way is that all the people who thought it was impressive to go the whole quantity over quality route as far as games are concerned have left. The old group who gave you special attention merely for the fact that you've been here a long time have dwindled and nobody gives you the proper respect anymore. Am I getting warm at least?

I think HA's quality speaks for itself. Check out the tourney win's leaderboard, its not even close. Unfortunately in this game quality often doesn't reflect the symbol next to your name.
Major shoop76
Tournament Commissioner
Tournament Commissioner

Postby GeneralRisk on Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:51 am

ZeekLTK wrote:
GeneralRisk wrote:For 25 American dollars Or the equivalent of a 1/4 tank of gasoline, I believe the site is a great value. I seriously doubt if anyone is getting tremendously wealthy from the income premium membership brings in.

WHAT? Where are you buying your gas? Because you're getting ripped off. It's generally about $40 to fill up an average car's tank of gas (from empty to full), so $25 would be about 2/3 a tank.

I buy my gas near Chicago and cost 100 American dollars to fill my Dodge van, I guess if u drive a scooter it would cost less.
Major GeneralRisk

Postby Gillipig on Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:23 am

AAFitz wrote:
Gillipig wrote:So you like that the foundry has become redundant, that we have fewer members, fewer updates and a site that has become less competitive compared to other none risk related gaming sites? Good for you, but I have a hard time looking at decline as something positive.

Less members like you, yes. As far as more competitive...lmfao... hell, I owned(top rank) another site for six months myself....and that one at least is fun to play at, the rest are tragic. But, seriously, youve played so few games in your time here, arent even a premium, and your score is baseline bordering on pathetic so who do you think even cares what you think...especially about competitiveness :lol:

as I said...leave, it will be even better tomorrow. :D

I simply pointed out I think the place has grown 10 times since when I started, and Im overwhelmed at how awesome its become.
That's why I pay and play games and actually compete here, as well as another site or two....but none have the options or speed this place has, not even combined.

Obviously, this place is too tricky for you though, so really, for your own good, you should move on to one of those easier sites, Id say. Why are you torturing yourself, so?

This is what I like about CC though, total morrons like you are allowed to speak their minds. Being informed is evidently not your thing.
I've paid for three memberships, reached colonel without even trying to gain points (as is evident from the games I played when I reached it) and if you think 1700 games is few, you're about as good at judging how many games most people play on here, as Mitt Romney is at judging the average americans economy. (That's not really a compliment, in case you didn't know) You clearly have no logic to back up your claims. I'd tell you the same thing about you leaving would be a good thing, but it seems you've already removed yourself. Good riddance I say.
AoG for President of the World!!
I promise he will put George W. Bush to shame!
Lieutenant Gillipig

Postby Funkyterrance on Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:43 pm

shoop76 wrote:I think HA's quality speaks for itself. Check out the tourney win's leaderboard, its not even close. Unfortunately in this game quality often doesn't reflect the symbol next to your name.

Hmm, with 35,000 games he could win tourneys just from sheer odds so I'm not sure about that reflection. Any stat you take from him as far at totals is concerned will be a distorted reflection. You need to talk about percentages to make any real judgments about this particular player.
This is exactly what I have been referring to.
Colonel Funkyterrance

Postby GeneralRisk on Thu Dec 20, 2012 1:06 pm

Funkyterrance wrote:
shoop76 wrote:I think HA's quality speaks for itself. Check out the tourney win's leaderboard, its not even close. Unfortunately in this game quality often doesn't reflect the symbol next to your name.

Hmm, with 35,000 games he could win tourneys just from sheer odds so I'm not sure about that reflection. Any stat you take from him as far at totals is concerned will be a distorted reflection. You need to talk about percentages to make any real judgments about this particular player.
I map ranked u on Poison Rome and u got a 76 percent win ratio of which sounds impressive till u see who u mostly played. U basically farmed new recuites and low rank shit players who have no clue how to play. Your win percent really dont mean shit to me. HA plays many maps and not just 3 like u do.
Major GeneralRisk

Postby Funkyterrance on Thu Dec 20, 2012 1:22 pm

GeneralRisk wrote:
Funkyterrance wrote:

I map ranked u on Poison Rome and u got a 76 percent win ratio of which wounds impressive till u see who u mostly played. U basically farmed new recuite and low rank shit players who have no clue how to play. Your win percent really dont mean shit to me. HA plays many maps and not just 3 like u do.

That's all fine and good but we aren't talking about me. I never mentioned my own win percentages since I don't really care(I thought it was much lower than that tbh), you did. I just start public games and whoever joins, joins. Back when I started playing that map and there were more players I did get more new recruits but then again, I wasn't very high rank back then. Nowadays I get a pretty mixed bag of opponents, just look at my current games. If you're going to compare me you should at least use the a similar method to what I am using for HA and talk about my total win percentage which is much lower than my percentage on my personal favorite map.
Btw, you're welcome to join the next one, GeneralRisk. ;)
Colonel Funkyterrance

Postby GeneralRisk on Thu Dec 20, 2012 1:32 pm

Funkyterrance wrote:
GeneralRisk wrote:
Funkyterrance wrote:

I map ranked u on Poison Rome and u got a 76 percent win ratio of which wounds impressive till u see who u mostly played. U basically farmed new recuite and low rank shit players who have no clue how to play. Your win percent really dont mean shit to me. HA plays many maps and not just 3 like u do.

That's all fine and good but we aren't talking about me. I never mentioned my own win percentages since I don't really care(I thought it was much lower than that tbh), you did. I just start public games and whoever joins, joins. Back when I started playing that map and there were more players I did get more new recruits but then again, I wasn't very high rank back then. Nowadays I get a pretty mixed bag of opponents, just look at my current games. If you're going to compare me you should at least use the a similar method to what I am using for HA and talk about my total win percentage which is much lower than my percentage on my personal favorite map.
I dont play poison rome, but Im sure I could figure out that stupid ass map and Ill play u as many as u want as along as u play Stalingrad against me in the same amount.
Major GeneralRisk

Postby frankiebee on Thu Dec 20, 2012 1:37 pm

GeneralRisk wrote:
Funkyterrance wrote:
GeneralRisk wrote:
Funkyterrance wrote:

I dont play poison rome, but Im sure I could figure out that stupid ass map and Ill play u as many as u want as along as u play Stalingrad against me in the same amount.

Or why won't you kids fight it out on Doodle Earth :P
Colonel frankiebee

Postby GeneralRisk on Thu Dec 20, 2012 1:38 pm

frankiebee wrote:
GeneralRisk wrote:
Funkyterrance wrote:
GeneralRisk wrote:
Funkyterrance wrote:

Or why won't you kids fight it out on Doodle Earth :P
OK
Major GeneralRisk

Postby Funkyterrance on Thu Dec 20, 2012 1:42 pm

GeneralRisk wrote:
Funkyterrance wrote:
GeneralRisk wrote:
Funkyterrance wrote:

Lol, ok if you're going to have a baby fit about it I'll let you cool off. I'm not the one picking out particular maps etc, so I don't see why I would want to play your favorite map? I've got nothing to prove tbh. :)
Colonel Funkyterrance

Postby GeneralRisk on Thu Dec 20, 2012 2:21 pm

Funkyterrance wrote:
GeneralRisk wrote:
Funkyterrance wrote:
GeneralRisk wrote:
Funkyterrance wrote:

Lol, ok if you're going to have a baby fit about it I'll let you cool off. I'm not the one picking out particular maps etc, so I don't see why I would want to play your favorite map? I've got nothing to prove tbh. :)
I agree that u have nothing to prove. Classic dubs is my favorite setting at the moment
Major GeneralRisk

Postby HighlanderAttack on Thu Dec 20, 2012 4:57 pm

Funkyterrance wrote:
GeneralRisk wrote:
Funkyterrance wrote:

I am curious to what method you used to judge me. The amount of games is part of it. I used to be one of the best 1v1 players on this site with just normal default settings. My win rate in tourneys was extremely high and probably still is--but there is not way presently to figure out win percentage in tourneys compared with amount of tourneys joined. I am sure mine would be high, but I am not manually figuring it out. It seems to me you like to judge and antagonize people for fun--that would be my judgement about you. Since we are all virtual to each other on this site--that does not matter either. Enjoy trying to figure out people on this site.
We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act but a habit.
Lieutenant HighlanderAttack

Postby Funkyterrance on Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:05 pm

HighlanderAttack wrote:
I am curious to what method you used to judge me. The amount of games is part of it. I used to be one of the best 1v1 players on this site with just normal default settings. My win rate in tourneys was extremely high and probably still is--but there is not way presently to figure out win percentage in tourneys compared with amount of tourneys joined. I am sure mine would be high, but I am not manually figuring it out. It seems to me you like to judge and antagonize people for fun--that would be my judgement about you. Since we are all virtual to each other on this site--that does not matter either. Enjoy trying to figure out people on this site.

Well I'm sorry you feel that way but that's not my game, I just call them like I see them.
Colonel Funkyterrance

Postby macbone on Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:11 pm

Funky, have you ever played HighlanderAttack? He's a beast, man. I'm amazed he played at such a high level whilst playing so many games simultaneously.

Edit - I thought I had played more games vs. HA. I guess the sting of losing the final game of a tournament to him has haunted me to this day. =)
Last edited by macbone on Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Colonel macbone

Postby Funkyterrance on Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:12 pm

GeneralRisk wrote:I agree that u have nothing to prove.

You should really learn to control your emotions freund, you're a disgrace to your uniform. ;)
Colonel Funkyterrance

Postby Funkyterrance on Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:14 pm

macbone wrote:Funky, have you ever played HighlanderAttack? He's a beast, man. I'm amazed he played at such a high level whilst playing so many games simultaneously.

I think you guys are misunderstanding me, If you look back I never said he was a bad player. I just implied that his notoriety amongst his peers on cc was his game count. If you all want to confront me for what I was actually saying I'm game but if you are going to twist my words it's not really worthwhile for me.
Colonel Funkyterrance

Postby HighlanderAttack on Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:45 pm

Funkyterrance wrote:
macbone wrote:Funky, have you ever played HighlanderAttack? He's a beast, man. I'm amazed he played at such a high level whilst playing so many games simultaneously.

I think you guys are misunderstanding me, If you look back I never said he was a bad player. I just implied that his notoriety amongst his peers on cc was his game count. If you all want to confront me for what I was actually saying I'm game but if you are going to twist my words it's not really worthwhile for me.

But you do not even know me and you judge my notoriety is my game count. I guess it does not matter what anyone thinks about you here. The reality is I am trying to like CC again, but still after six months of less than ten active games at a time--It is still not coming back to me.

Postby chipv on Fri Dec 21, 2012 12:07 am

I can tell you that HighlanderAttack's notoriety has always been how brilliant a player he is, not the quantity of games played. All of the best 1v1 players who have played on the site will
tell you that not only is he damn difficult to beat, he is also not afraid to take on allcomers.

His game count is a statistic that is too easy to measure, his tactical genius is not.

I'll give you somes games, HA, if you like, just for old times sake.
Captain chipv

Postby Funkyterrance on Fri Dec 21, 2012 12:34 am

chipv wrote:I can tell you that HighlanderAttack's notoriety has always been how brilliant a player he is, not the quantity of games played. All of the best 1v1 players who have played on the site will
tell you that not only is he damn difficult to beat, he is also not afraid to take on allcomers.

His game count is a statistic that is too easy to measure, his tactical genius is not.

Again, I'm not saying hes a weak player, I'm just saying that all I personally ever heard about him was:

A: He's played a bajillion games.
B: He's organized a bajillion tournaments.

So from the standpoint of someone who hasn't been here for more than half a decade, yeah, that's what I know of him. He's stated more than once that it's not the game itself that he has lost interest in, it's the community. I'm trying to think of reasons why that might be and one possibility is that he doesn't command the respect he may have at one time. It's not a preposterous suggestion, it's just an uncomfortable one.
See, I've gotten the impression from the little posts I've read by HA in the past that he much prefers to associate with the old school of players since they know who he is, his reputation so to speak. I've just gotten the sense in my travels that he's not interested in those newer players who look at him as an equal.
Colonel Funkyterrance

Postby GeneralRisk on Fri Dec 21, 2012 1:32 am

Funkyterrance wrote:
chipv wrote:I can tell you that HighlanderAttack's notoriety has always been how brilliant a player he is, not the quantity of games played. All of the best 1v1 players who have played on the site will

Again, I'm not saying hes a weak player, I'm just saying that all I personally ever heard about him was:

So from the standpoint of someone who hasn't been here for more than half a decade, yeah, that's what I know of him. He's stated more than once that it's not the game itself that he has lost interest in, it's the community. I'm trying to think of reasons why that might be and one possibility is that he doesn't command the respect he may have at one time. It's not a preposterous suggestion, it's just an uncomfortable one.
See, I've gotten the impression from the little posts I've read by HA in the past that he much prefers to associate with the old school of players since they know who he is, his reputation so to speak. I've just gotten the sense in my travels that he's not interested in those newer players who look at him as an equal.
You have been a member for almost 2 years now. If all you know about HA is A: and B: then you obviously were too busy farming new recruits and low rank idiots.
Major GeneralRisk

Postby HighlanderAttack on Fri Dec 21, 2012 6:27 am

Wow-are you back--thanks for the compliments. I did a double take when I saw your name listed. This is a reason to get excited about CC again.

I honestly do not need anymore King's Court beat downs from you :), but we could play a doubles game. Send me an invite :).

Great to see you back if you are back.

Postby Dukasaur on Fri Dec 21, 2012 9:57 am

Funkyterrance wrote:

I'll disagree.

I respect HA, but I don't worship him. I could say some very good things about him and I could also say some bad things about him, but I won't do either. I think you've really derailed this thread with your theory that this is about HA's personality.

I think the truth is much closer to what you and I discussed a while back (Three months ago? four? I can't put my finger on the real time frame) when you returned to CC after a long absence and you were the one saying, "CC isn't like it used to be." How the passage of a few months has changed your tune!

If you recall, at the time I told you it's just "You Can't Go Home Again Syndrome" and that's all it is with HA, also. Quite simply, nothing is as good as you remember it, not because it has changed, but because you have. You're older, more jaded, a little closer to the end of the mortal coil. Your friends' jokes aren't as funny as they used to be, not because they've changed, but because you've heard them before.

When I first discovered the Peanut Buster Parfait I thought I had opened the gateway to Paradise. Today I eat one and, while it's still enjoyable in its own way, objectively speaking it's just a huge pile of that plastic shit Americans call "chocolate" with waaay too much sugar and not enough cacao, and a bunch of ordinary peanuts. It hasn't changed; I have. CC hasn't changed; you and HA have.
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby AAFitz on Fri Dec 21, 2012 10:02 am

I feel like this latest conversation proves CC is what it always was and has been. :lol:
I'm Spanking Monkey now....err...I mean I'm a Spanking Monkey now...that shoots milk
Too much. I know.
Sergeant 1st Class AAFitz

Postby HighlanderAttack on Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:28 am

Well I am trying to get that good feeling back :) I have actually played more and been involved more in the last two days than I have all month.

Postby Funkyterrance on Fri Dec 21, 2012 1:56 pm

Dukasaur wrote:
Funkyterrance wrote:

I'll disagree.

I respect HA, but I don't worship him. I could say some very good things about him and I could also say some bad things about him, but I won't do either. I think you've really derailed this thread with your theory that this is about HA's personality.

I think the truth is much closer to what you and I discussed a while back (Three months ago? four? I can't put my finger on the real time frame) when you returned to CC after a long absence and you were the one saying, "CC isn't like it used to be." How the passage of a few months has changed your tune!

If you recall, at the time I told you it's just "You Can't Go Home Again Syndrome" and that's all it is with HA, also. Quite simply, nothing is as good as you remember it, not because it has changed, but because you have. You're older, more jaded, a little closer to the end of the mortal coil. Your friends' jokes aren't as funny as they used to be, not because they've changed, but because you've heard them before.

When I first discovered the Peanut Buster Parfait I thought I had opened the gateway to Paradise. Today I eat one and, while it's still enjoyable in its own way, objectively speaking it's just a huge pile of that plastic shit Americans call "chocolate" with waaay too much sugar and not enough cacao, and a bunch of ordinary peanuts. It hasn't changed; I have. CC hasn't changed; you and HA have.

To be fair I got over my "CC isn't what it used to be" phase pretty quickly. I think it was about two days worth of griping? ;)
Colonel Funkyterrance

PreviousNext

Return to Conquer Club Discussion