Conquer Club

[Official]H.P. Lovecraft Mafia Endgame

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: [Official]H.P. Lovecraft Mafia Day Seven

Postby Nendreel on Thu Dec 20, 2012 8:36 am

betiko wrote:well that was my concern before. I doubt gods wouldn't be looking for followers, and I don't see how they could manage to get some. Unless they have helpers! Like revivers could be in reality helping a god, yith another god, black brotherhood another god. They are a bit all by themselves and pretty fragile creatures according to what they say...

Who have I been helping again?
Jak? Considering how Day 5 went down...
Witt? The guy who I'm currently wanting lynched?
Hippo? Who was trying to throw suspicion on me earlier in the game?

If I'm trying to help any of them, they may want me to stop helping.

You should also realize that if your theory were true, that it would be 13 town (including the YoshiJOATs) to 13 gods (with helpers), one of whom is also a recruiter. That's beyond unbalanced.

You may want to ease up on the paranoia Betiko.
Sergeant Nendreel

Postby Iron Butterfly on Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:22 am

Vote Little Witt
Captain Iron Butterfly

Postby jonty125 on Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:36 am

I think that's a hammer??
War doesn't determine who's right; it determines who's left.
Cook jonty125

Postby soundman on Thu Dec 20, 2012 3:01 pm

Ah, finally caught up! I had to read more than 60 pages! :sick:

I'm not undead, I'm my normal self so Nendreel is telling the truth about his role. Since I died so early on in the game I'm unsure as to what effects my role can have. All I know is that something good happens to me/given to me every night while asleep.

Vote Little Witt. All I've been able to read (Google) tells me that Cthulhu is the main bad guy. So we shouldn't keep him around.
Lieutenant soundman

Postby Nendreel on Thu Dec 20, 2012 3:14 pm

soundman wrote:Ah, finally caught up! I had to read more than 60 pages! :sick:

Sorry about that.
Sergeant Nendreel

Postby Little Witt on Thu Dec 20, 2012 5:13 pm

I wish you guys would look at what I'm telling. I am not a threat to anyone right now, including hippo. I can't do any harm to anyone and only will be able to bother hippo IF I get enough followers, and most likely no one would like to follow me so that they would be not connected, but that prob won't show unless they got lynched so that's their chose ;) Like I said, I am not a threat and I won't be any time soon. And whose to say that Hippo needs the book to get unlock his powers to harm me. You guys would be doing him a favor and eliminate his enemy for him. Hense, Hippo wins. I do not believe for a second that hippo's wc is to simply get the book. I think it goes much deeper than that. He is a god for crying out loud! that is a freaken easy wc to get for someone so important!!!! And as you guys can see, hippo has been hiding important info from us on purpose. I see this as a stalemate.
Sergeant 1st Class Little Witt

Postby pancakemix on Thu Dec 20, 2012 6:17 pm

Vote Little Witt

Reasons:

1. Cthulhu. Bad.
2. That's where my partner is. If no one else, I owe it to him to stand by.
3. I'm not about to hold up the game by not voting. Popular opinion seems to be going that way, I may as well go that way too. Bandwagoning? Sure, but I'm a non factor. If you want Witt lynched, just roll with it.
4. This is directed at Witt: I think you're probably right that hippo is lying/holding back. But you probably are too. You both have motivations that are of no consequence to humans. You only want their support, and if they had chosen to worship you you'd have it. Most everyone seems unaligned at this point though, so I think you're SOL on that one.
Epic Win

"Always tell the truth. It's the easiest thing to remember." - Richard Roma, Glengarry Glen Ross

aage wrote:Never trust CYOC or pancake.
Corporal 1st Class pancakemix

Postby rishaed on Thu Dec 20, 2012 6:25 pm

PMC by my count just hammer'd. Let's see what happens.
aage wrote: Maybe you're right, but since we receive no handlebars from the mod I think we should get some ourselves.

Corporal 1st Class rishaed

Location: Somewhere in the Foundry forums looking for whats going on!

Postby safariguy5 on Thu Dec 20, 2012 7:42 pm

If hippo needs the necronomicon in order to win/gain power, then we still have time. Witt we can deal with now (I never trust Cthulu) and we can decide if we want to take out hippo tomorrow.

unvote vote Little Witt
Captain safariguy5

Postby Little Witt on Thu Dec 20, 2012 8:37 pm

safariguy5 wrote:If hippo needs the necronomicon in order to win/gain power, then we still have time. Witt we can deal with now (I never trust Cthulu) and we can decide if we want to take out hippo tomorrow.

unvote vote Little Witt

But you guys don't understand! For all we know, hippo's wc is to kill me. you guys will give him the win!
Sergeant 1st Class Little Witt

Postby Nendreel on Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:04 pm

We understand quite well.
Hippo and you are at odds. Hippo came out and said he needs the Necronomicon and you said you need to kill Hippo. Hippo may very well be lying, but considering that WC/Alignments can be checked in this game that's a pretty daring bluff.

So... it comes down to this: Assuming Hippo isn't lying, his powers are still sealed until he gets the Necronomicon. On the other hand if Hippo dies, it's likely that your powers will become unsealed going into Night. This makes you the biggest threat.

If Hippo is lying and needs to kill you, then it doesn't matter who gets lynched we're going to be dealing with an unsealed god afterward.

In any case it doesn't matter, the hammering vote has been cast.
Sergeant Nendreel

Postby / on Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:23 pm

Little Witt: 9 votes: Kanin Usagi, Nendreel, jonty125, thehippo8, rishaed, Iron Butterfly, soundman, pancakemix, safariguy5

spiesr: 1 vote: DoomYoshi

today's scene has been updated
that's a lynch, new scene coming soon.
Sergeant 1st Class /

Postby / on Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:50 pm

A WW1 submarine is dispatched to the underwater city of R'lyeh, amphibious creatures surround the structure, chanting in garbled voices.
"Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn""
the submarine launches two torpedoes, each one strikes at the city-prison, but neither damages the twisted ancient walls, the walls of the submarine creak and bang as the Deep Ones pound away at the vehicle. The metal begins to buckle at the combined pressures and blows. The remaining four torpedoes are launched one at a time, the first misses, disappearing in the dark deeps of the ocean, one hits a cluster of deep ones, causing the ageless beings to scatter, one hits the structure once more, this time with enough force to loose a small opening in the grand rimulose structure. The final disapears into the opening, a long delay before the echoing force reaches the outside of the tartarian edifice, following is a roar much grander, a sound so horrid the tides crash away as though the earth itself fears what lurks below, the submarine is ripped apart, imploding and sinking to the ocean floor.

What lies beneath the city? Is anyone brave enough to find out?

show

Night Seven begins, you have until sunday.
Sergeant 1st Class /

Re: [Official]H.P. Lovecraft Mafia Night Seven

Postby / on Mon Dec 24, 2012 3:08 am

Fates transpire on alternate planes of existence, through the powers that transcend the natural human consciousnesses, great things are possible. The mental facets of a great flying beast are left to battle the supernatural cats of Ulthar in the dreamlands, the ageless deep ones are stopped from their quest by unknown forces.
And so, the book of the Mad Arab was not searched for that night.

Elsewhere, a different killer stalks their prey in the halls of Miskatonic University, an old man sleeps at his desk after a long day of work contributing to the medical field, he does not stir when he is dispatched by a quick stab of a knife to his back.

show

With 16 alive it takes 7 to lynch.
You have until next Sunday, but should you want an extension for the holiday season, just PM me.
Last edited by / on Mon Dec 24, 2012 5:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sergeant 1st Class /

Postby jonty125 on Mon Dec 24, 2012 5:37 am

/ wrote: The mental facets of a great flying beast are left to battle the supernatural cats of Ulthar in the dreamlands,.

That was me using my one-shot roleblock last night on Little Witt, the supernatural cats of Ulthar granted me the 1-shot roleblock after I met them in a dream.
War doesn't determine who's right; it determines who's left.
Cook jonty125

Postby betiko on Mon Dec 24, 2012 5:55 am

/ wrote:Fates transpire on alternate planes of existence, through the powers that transcend the natural human consciousnesses, great things are possible.

That is me unless I'm not the only one.
Major betiko

Re: [Official]H.P. Lovecraft Mafia Day Eight.

Postby Nendreel on Mon Dec 24, 2012 9:31 am

So what's the plan for today?

Also, I didn't use my action last night.
Sergeant Nendreel

Postby betiko on Mon Dec 24, 2012 1:25 pm

Nendreel wrote:So what's the plan for today?

Also, I didn't use my action last night.

was ctulhu saved by a 1 shot bulletproof, by someone or is he unlynchable? It kind of makes sense to me because like I was saying yesterday the god's roles seemed unballanced and weak. they are obviously more powerfull now that I see the failed attempt on witt.
Other thing, nendreel: you didn't have time to post your action last night you mean right? can you confirm that you can resurect someone every night, you don't need to "recharge" your power every 2 nights or something? That's the other thing I find a bit unballanced, if nendreel can revive someone every day... maybe it will reballance when gods will get night kills or something...

Anyway, we got a killer again, I wonder if it's the same as previous nights. Is he targeting both town and unaligned humans? or are we talking about different killers with different goals? Anyways, now I understand why Spiesr didn't tell much about his role, I think he's a top priority to revive tonight. But will he still have his power as an undead? he will at least be able to tell us about his night actions so far and who he has saved. And also he will confirm or not if he becomes vanilla as an undead, pretty interesting answer I'm looking forward to hear.

As to what to do today? well I don't know, I go with the flow, whatever makes the most of you guys happy! ;)
Yith, who are your bodies today?

witt, did you know you would survive?
Major betiko

Postby DoomYoshi on Mon Dec 24, 2012 1:59 pm

When at first you don't succeed try, try again.

vote little witt
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby thehippo8 on Mon Dec 24, 2012 2:02 pm

DoomYoshi wrote:When at first you don't succeed try, try again.

vote little witt

I agree, I doubt that little witt would have anything more than a one time anti-lynch power. My search for the necronomicom failed again last night, and at least / is consistent in not posting it. Maybe we will see it updated later in the day like he did the last couple of days.

So, vote little witt.

Anyone want to give me a hint where the necronomicon is yet? :D
ImageImageImage
show
Corporal 1st Class thehippo8

Postby Nendreel on Mon Dec 24, 2012 2:05 pm

betiko wrote:Other thing, nendreel: you didn't have time to post your action last night you mean right? can you confirm that you can resurect someone every night, you don't need to "recharge" your power every 2 nights or something? That's the other thing I find a bit unballanced, if nendreel can revive someone every day... maybe it will reballance when gods will get night kills or something...

I do not need to recharge after using my ability, I can use it once every night. I intentionally didn't use my action as I didn't see anyone worth reviving.
Strike_wolf and vodean are scummy so I'm not going to revive them.
Edoc looked like he got vig killed and didn't intend to help anyway.
I suppose I could have revived Chuck, but he wasn't much of a contributor either.

From what soundman told us, when I revive someone (now) they can still use their abilities.
Sergeant Nendreel

Postby betiko on Mon Dec 24, 2012 2:32 pm

Nendreel wrote:
betiko wrote:Other thing, nendreel: you didn't have time to post your action last night you mean right? can you confirm that you can resurect someone every night, you don't need to "recharge" your power every 2 nights or something? That's the other thing I find a bit unballanced, if nendreel can revive someone every day... maybe it will reballance when gods will get night kills or something...

I do not need to recharge after using my ability, I can use it once every night. I intentionally didn't use my action as I didn't see anyone worth reviving.
Strike_wolf and vodean are scummy so I'm not going to revive them.
Edoc looked like he got vig killed and didn't intend to help anyway.
I suppose I could have revived Chuck, but he wasn't much of a contributor either.

From what soundman told us, when I revive someone (now) they can still use their abilities.

true! maybe the chuck could've been revived, he wasn't really inactive, he just barely got a chance to play, I don't know if it's best to have more players around or not.. so witt again? If it's the general consensus and other factions go for this, I'll put my vote as well.
Major betiko

Postby Nendreel on Mon Dec 24, 2012 3:05 pm

I'm for it. If we're going to do it once, we may as well do it till it sticks.
vote Witt

Did anyone check on Hippo? Can we confirm his WC/Alignment or any other details?
Sergeant Nendreel

Postby rishaed on Mon Dec 24, 2012 3:53 pm

Well his role Pm is out there, so other than his WC/alignment everything is already out there. (See D7 start post from me). and vote Witt if at first you don't succeed try try again.
aage wrote: Maybe you're right, but since we receive no handlebars from the mod I think we should get some ourselves.

Corporal 1st Class rishaed

Location: Somewhere in the Foundry forums looking for whats going on!

Postby Nendreel on Mon Dec 24, 2012 4:29 pm

rishaed wrote:Well his role Pm is out there, so other than his WC/alignment everything is already out there. (See D7 start post from me). and vote Witt if at first you don't succeed try try again.

Right, I had forgotten about that. Well that's one thing confirmed then.
Sergeant Nendreel

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Archives