Conquer Club

Merry Christmas to me from BBS!

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

Merry Christmas to me from BBS!

Postby Dukasaur on Mon Dec 24, 2012 8:39 am

Thank you, BBS, and I hope Santa will be good to you!

Subject: The BBS Bet

BigBallinStalin wrote:1. My Premium Membership is valid until 2013-02-09 22:29:54.
2. I don't like paying for things.
3. Therefore, I propose a bet.

BET:
If you catch me* on the fora** any time before 2013-02-10 (2013, February 10)***, then I will pay for your next ConquerClub premium membership. If you take this bet, yet I fail to appear on the fora, then you must pay for my premium membership (which expires on 2013-02-09 22:29:54). You need to renew it for me--to be very clear.

FINE-LINES:
*This only includes posting. This does not include lurking because there's no way I can verify if a photoshopped photo of "Users browsing this forum: BEEBS" was photoshooped.

**The fora include GD, this place, and any other subforum and subsubforum and whatever other forum. To be clear, the only exceptions are my clan forum, the PM system, and the Walls.

***The bet becomes effective 24 hours from the time of this post. I'll just revisit this when the bet expires to see who took the bet.

More Bets?!

Also, I'll take bets with 4 people total, which is 4 separate bets. The first four to accept the bet will be those Chosen Four. Each bettor must be a unique person--i.e. no multis, and "no, person A cannot make 2 out of 4 bets. One bet per person. And of course, if I win, I get four years of CC. One year for me from each bettor. If I lose, then you four bettors each get one year--paid by BBS, a.k.a. BigBallinStalin.

Presenting evidence:
This should be straight-forward. I post somewhere, and you quote it for posterity, but you need to link it to the original post of mine. (In other words, you can't win by using the
feature in order to make up shit I didn't say , you rotten scoundrels).

Tampering:
All bets are null and void if there has been tampering. I can't predict how one could invent a post by me, or somehow change the original time stamp of a post, but if that happens, then derp the bets are null and void.[1]

[1] If an account sitter of mine logs into my account and makes a post in the fora as BBS, then this counts as a post by me, BigBallinStalin--the person typing this as I type this as I type this, y'herd?

One final note
If CC ceases to exist, i.e. if the forum is dead/I can't post in here because CC is gone/the CC forum is permanently out of service/etc.--then the bets are null and avoid. I would suspect Our Glorious Leader (OGL), El_Jefe, f'ed up big time, but hopefully this does not happen.

What if the premium membership rate changes?
Since the price of a premium membership is currently $25.00, then the bet is the equivalent of $25.00. So, whatever the amount becomes, I or you owe you or me the equivalent of a $25.00 premium membership. For example, assume that the rate changes to $30, and that I lose to only one bettor, you. I then owe the equivalent of $25/$30 toward your premium. That's 83% of one-year premium membership--i.e. 83% of $30. I'm not sure how this can be converted into the premium membership system; however, we can sort this out later. I would definitely owe 83% of a year though. Same applies if you lost the bet and owed me--for example--83% of a year membership (duh).

Will it be adjusted for inflation?
No, you cheeky monkey. You only get the equivalent of a $25 premium membership, as of the time of this post.

What if I don't got the money, man?
"Can I pay you in gold? Or toe-nail clippers? Or some mediocre work of art?" Maybe--depends on the pungency of the toe-nails, but in all seriousness, bets are only paid in CC premium membership. (This is subject to change--depending on that "83% of a one-year membership" ordeal).

One last note
If someone says that they're posting on behalf of BBS/BigBallinStalin, etc., then they're full of it. I'm not authorizing nor will I authorize such posts. The damning evidence has to come from the BBS account itself...

which reminds me...

Hackzored
If someone can crack my password, and makes a post through my account, then derpherp the bets are null and void. In order to ensure that I'm not bullshitting you, the mods already have my usual IPs logged, so they can look for the inconsistency and prove that someone guessed my password. (I'll have a fun password too, guise!)

Risk & Reward:
I'm on this forum frequently, frequently, frequently, and I make a billion posts per day. Do I have the will to not post on here before 2013-02-10 (2013, February 10)? Or will I succumb to my habit? You decide.

Do you dare take the BBS bet?

Subject: The BBS Bet

Dukasaur wrote:
BigBallinStalin wrote:1. My Premium Membership is valid until 2013-02-09 22:29:54.
2. I don't like paying for things.
3. Therefore, I propose a bet.

BET:
If you catch me* on the fora** any time before 2013-02-10 (2013, February 10)***, then I will pay for your next ConquerClub premium membership. If you take this bet, yet I fail to appear on the fora, then you must pay for my premium membership (which expires on 2013-02-09 22:29:54). You need to renew it for me--to be very clear.

FINE-LINES:
*This only includes posting. This does not include lurking because there's no way I can verify if a photoshopped photo of "Users browsing this forum: BEEBS" was photoshooped.

**The fora include GD, this place, and any other subforum and subsubforum and whatever other forum. To be clear, the only exceptions are my clan forum, the PM system, and the Walls.

***The bet becomes effective 24 hours from the time of this post. I'll just revisit this when the bet expires to see who took the bet.

More Bets?!

Also, I'll take bets with 4 people total, which is 4 separate bets. The first four to accept the bet will be those Chosen Four. Each bettor must be a unique person--i.e. no multis, and "no, person A cannot make 2 out of 4 bets. One bet per person. And of course, if I win, I get four years of CC. One year for me from each bettor. If I lose, then you four bettors each get one year--paid by BBS, a.k.a. BigBallinStalin.

Presenting evidence:
This should be straight-forward. I post somewhere, and you quote it for posterity, but you need to link it to the original post of mine. (In other words, you can't win by using the [q uote] feature in order to make up shit I didn't say , you rotten scoundrels).

Tampering:
All bets are null and void if there has been tampering. I can't predict how one could invent a post by me, or somehow change the original time stamp of a post, but if that happens, then derp the bets are null and void.[1]

[1] If an account sitter of mine logs into my account and makes a post in the fora as BBS, then this counts as a post by me, BigBallinStalin--the person typing this as I type this as I type this, y'herd?

One final note
If CC ceases to exist, i.e. if the forum is dead/I can't post in here because CC is gone/the CC forum is permanently out of service/etc.--then the bets are null and avoid. I would suspect Our Glorious Leader (OGL), El_Jefe, f'ed up big time, but hopefully this does not happen.

What if the premium membership rate changes?
Since the price of a premium membership is currently $25.00, then the bet is the equivalent of $25.00. So, whatever the amount becomes, I or you owe you or me the equivalent of a $25.00 premium membership. For example, assume that the rate changes to $30, and that I lose to only one bettor, you. I then owe the equivalent of $25/$30 toward your premium. That's 83% of one-year premium membership--i.e. 83% of $30. I'm not sure how this can be converted into the premium membership system; however, we can sort this out later. I would definitely owe 83% of a year though. Same applies if you lost the bet and owed me--for example--83% of a year membership (duh).

Will it be adjusted for inflation?
No, you cheeky monkey. You only get the equivalent of a $25 premium membership, as of the time of this post.

What if I don't got the money, man?
"Can I pay you in gold? Or toe-nail clippers? Or some mediocre work of art?" Maybe--depends on the pungency of the toe-nails, but in all seriousness, bets are only paid in CC premium membership. (This is subject to change--depending on that "83% of a one-year membership" ordeal).

One last note
If someone says that they're posting on behalf of BBS/BigBallinStalin, etc., then they're full of it. I'm not authorizing nor will I authorize such posts. The damning evidence has to come from the BBS account itself...

which reminds me...

Hackzored
If someone can crack my password, and makes a post through my account, then derpherp the bets are null and void. In order to ensure that I'm not bullshitting you, the mods already have my usual IPs logged, so they can look for the inconsistency and prove that someone guessed my password. (I'll have a fun password too, guise!)

Risk & Reward:
I'm on this forum frequently, frequently, frequently, and I make a billion posts per day. Do I have the will to not post on here before 2013-02-10 (2013, February 10)? Or will I succumb to my habit? You decide.

Do you dare take the BBS bet?

I'll take the bet, with and only with the following modification: Instead of buying premium membership directly for me, you will upon losing this bet, provide 1 Premium Membership Prize to be offered in one of my tournaments. (Subject of course to all the usual CC rules regarding donated Premium Prizes (https://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=2141692#p2141692).)

I will decide which tournament, although if you have a preference I will strongly consider it. In fact, if you're willing to help promote it, I may even name it after you and design it around your idea of what a good tournament is. May = no guarantee.

I have read the rules and I'm not an asshole.

nietzsche wrote:nobody take the fucking bet, he's not allowed to go anywhere

Don't worry. He won't.

And today I find under my tree:

Subject: Silver's 1st Antarctica Quads [8ooo+] {FULL} take reserves

BigBallinStalin wrote:I might have a team. Give me some time, and we'll see.

If anyone else arranges a team before me, then let them in.
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Re: Merry Christmas to me from BBS!

Postby Dukasaur on Mon Dec 24, 2012 8:40 am

Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby cooky24 on Tue Dec 25, 2012 2:12 am

Haha, this is intersting, and Merry Christmas to you , have a good time.
New Recruit cooky24

Postby Army of GOD on Tue Dec 25, 2012 2:22 am

BBS is Jewish.
mrswdk is a ho
Lieutenant Army of GOD

Postby nietzsche on Tue Dec 25, 2012 11:12 am

I have a feeling BBS is preparing a 80,000-word essay on why he didn't lose the bet.
Last edited by nietzsche on Tue Dec 25, 2012 11:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
el cartoncito mas triste del mundo
General nietzsche

Postby chapcrap on Tue Dec 25, 2012 11:14 am

YAY!!! Premium for a tournament! :)
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby AAFitz on Tue Dec 25, 2012 1:02 pm

That is a gift for everyone at CC really.

And honestly, I wouldn't put it past BBS to have done that on purpose, just to see if he could get away with it, especially since you were gracious enough to donate it as a tourney prize anyways.

And if so, nicely done BBS. My days of giving premiums are over for a while, but its nice to see it when other people do it.

Merry whateverthehellitisyoucelebratethistimeofyear!
I'm Spanking Monkey now....err...I mean I'm a Spanking Monkey now...that shoots milk
Too much. I know.
Sergeant 1st Class AAFitz

Postby Dukasaur on Sun Mar 10, 2013 6:38 pm

The promised tournament has been posted. My forty-ninth tournament, entitled:
"Gratuitous Transfer of Wealth"

For the first week, sign-ups are restricted to freemium members. If you know some freemiums who would like a shot at winning Premium, please pass the world along to them. If the tourney has not filled by March 17th, it will on March 18th be open to Premium members also.
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby BigBallinStalin on Sun Mar 10, 2013 6:57 pm

AAFitz wrote:That is a gift for everyone at CC really.

And honestly, I wouldn't put it past BBS to have done that on purpose, just to see if he could get away with it, especially since you were gracious enough to donate it as a tourney prize anyways.

And if so, nicely done BBS. My days of giving premiums are over for a while, but its nice to see it when other people do it.

Merry whateverthehellitisyoucelebratethistimeofyear!

I'm an evil capitalist hell-bent on maximizing profit.
Major BigBallinStalin

Location: crying into the dregs of an empty bottle of own-brand scotch on the toilet having a dump in Dagenham

Return to Conquer Club Discussion