Conquer Club

Vacation time

Have any bright ideas? Share and discuss them with the community

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

And don't forget to search for previously suggested ideas first!

Vacation time

Postby Trevor33 on Sat Dec 22, 2012 12:54 pm

Instead of troubling someone to look at your account when you might miss a turn why can me not have a few periods per year when we can go on holiday which prevents us from losing a turn?

For example i can move on Wednesday morning but i'm not sure when i get online again, possibly Thursday afternoon or possibly Wednesday night. It's Christmas so don't want to give someone the burden of my games but i also don't want to miss a turn. It would be perfect t be able to extend my time in games by say 24 hours.
Major Trevor33

Re: Vacation time

Postby chapcrap on Sun Dec 23, 2012 10:42 am

It is really helpful to use the form...

Would something like this: viewtopic.php?f=471&t=40668

Or this: viewtopic.php?f=471&t=35506&start=0

Or this: viewtopic.php?f=471&t=86056

Or this: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=180120

Or this: viewtopic.php?f=471&t=101764

Or the idea in this post: viewtopic.php?p=139049#p139049

work for you?
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby rdsrds2120 on Mon Dec 24, 2012 8:32 pm

chap's got mad cross-referencing skill!

As for the Suggestion, I'm not sure how we would do this, especially since many people celebrate many different things, so it definitely couldn't be a scheduled event.

BMO
Corporal 1st Class rdsrds2120

Postby CafeT on Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:51 am

how about this:
every user gets X additional vacation days every month up to a max of Y days (usr_vac_days = min(usr_vac_days + X, Y))
user can go to ctrl panel and has a drop down menu to select number vacation days to take and a submit button
when submitted the time remaining on each game is incremented by 24 hours times the number of days taken and usr_vac_days is reduced

shouldn't take long to implement. this way, everyone gets the same number of days and can use them during vacation, holidays, hospitalization, projected jail time, whatever.
CafeT
High score: 2853/#162, 2013-03-14.
If you don't see any stars, I didn't rate you for that category. It's not a bad rating, it's not a rating.
Try a turn notifier so you will know when you can move.
Major CafeT

Postby Gillipig on Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:35 am

CafeT wrote:how about this:
every user gets X additional vacation days every month up to a max of Y days (usr_vac_days = min(usr_vac_days + X, Y))
user can go to ctrl panel and has a drop down menu to select number vacation days to take and a submit button
when submitted the time remaining on each game is incremented by 24 hours times the number of days taken and usr_vac_days is reduced

shouldn't take long to implement. this way, everyone gets the same number of days and can use them during vacation, holidays, hospitalization, projected jail time, whatever.

I think this sounds better:
All Premium players get X amount of vacation days a year. Would be a pain if freemiums got vacation days, and I think it's better to give out X amount of vacation days a year than per month.
AoG for President of the World!!
I promise he will put George W. Bush to shame!
Lieutenant Gillipig

Postby CafeT on Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:34 am

the idea behind incrementing every month was to give people who travel a lot extra days while keeping the maximum number of days someone can take off at once low. people planning to be away from the internet for more than about a week should plan ahead and stop joining games or get an account sitter, not take three weeks off. on the other hand, taking an extra day a few times a month shouldn't require such measures.
CafeT
High score: 2853/#162, 2013-03-14.
If you don't see any stars, I didn't rate you for that category. It's not a bad rating, it's not a rating.
Try a turn notifier so you will know when you can move.
Major CafeT

Postby koontz1973 on Mon Dec 31, 2012 6:26 am

Not liking this at all. One of the reasons 24 hours is a nice number is that we can all get to a computer within that time. Having a time bank like this may drag a 24 hour game into a ludicrous amount of time. Not good for the games with a freeium in it. If anything, this would go towards the argument of having 48/72 hour rounds. This would get super silly if all 8 players in a game took it in the same round. This is also, one of the reasons we have turn taken percentages.
Lieutenant koontz1973

Postby chapcrap on Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:54 am

I disagree with koontz here.

I've seen this in online poker and it works really well. If someone only has 5 extra days worth of game extensions per year (or whatever the time is), it's not really that much and it would only be a slight annoyance on rare occasions for most people.
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby MoB Deadly on Mon Dec 31, 2012 10:18 am

Gillipig wrote:
CafeT wrote:how about this:

I think this sounds better:
All Premium players get X amount of vacation days a year. Would be a pain if freemiums got vacation days, and I think it's better to give out X amount of vacation days a year than per month.

Quote For Truth.
Art by: codierose | High Score: 2550
Corporal 1st Class MoB Deadly

Postby Lord_Bremen on Sat Jan 05, 2013 3:47 am

I don't think it's fair to make everyone else wait just cause you decided to take off.

Instead, how about a "pause" button that would freeze the timer. Any player could use this, and any player could resume. Thus if you are going to be gone you can ask (nicely) for a pause. To prevent abuse, there would be a delay (say 10 turns) before a player is allowed to pause an additional time.
Major Lord_Bremen

Postby Gillipig on Sat Jan 05, 2013 4:05 am

Lord_Bremen wrote:I don't think it's fair to make everyone else wait just cause you decided to take off.

Instead, how about a "pause" button that would freeze the timer. Any player could use this, and any player could resume. Thus if you are going to be gone you can ask (nicely) for a pause. To prevent abuse, there would be a delay (say 10 turns) before a player is allowed to pause an additional time.

Won't really be of use when you're on vacation.
AoG for President of the World!!
I promise he will put George W. Bush to shame!
Lieutenant Gillipig

Postby darth emperor on Sat Jan 05, 2013 3:21 pm

Gillipig wrote:
Lord_Bremen wrote:I don't think it's fair to make everyone else wait just cause you decided to take off.

Or something urgent comes
Sergeant 1st Class darth emperor

Postby Lord_Bremen on Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:23 am

Gillipig wrote:

Before going on vacation you can ask for a pause, not hard.

I fail to see why someone going off where they can't even log on once a day to check means everyone else should have to wait a week for their next turn.
Major Lord_Bremen

Postby JBlombier on Thu Jan 17, 2013 5:52 pm

Eventhough I understand where this suggestion comes from (I'd like a pause-button for selfish reasons), I don't like it if others would use it (for selfish reasons as well). Not in favour, I'll arrange a sitter.
Colonel JBlombier

Return to Suggestions