Conquer Club

[Official]H.P. Lovecraft Mafia Endgame

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: [Official]H.P. Lovecraft Mafia Day Eight

Postby / on Mon Dec 24, 2012 5:32 pm

update: I forgot to mention, spiesr was insane.
Sergeant 1st Class /

Postby betiko on Mon Dec 24, 2012 6:11 pm

/ wrote:update: I forgot to mention, spiesr was insane.

Can we know if revived zombie players remain insane?
Major betiko

Postby Little Witt on Mon Dec 24, 2012 7:17 pm

I knew I was invincible the whole time. I was only trying indirectly to tell you that I was and that I am not a threat. And that your lynch was a waste of time. Again, I am an invincible god that can only be harmed by my enemy I guess that way we wouldn't come to an endgame day 1,2 or 3
Sergeant 1st Class Little Witt

Re: [Official]H.P. Lovecraft Mafia Day Eight.

Postby pancakemix on Mon Dec 24, 2012 8:22 pm

thehippo8 wrote:
DoomYoshi wrote:When at first you don't succeed try, try again.

vote little witt

I agree, I doubt that little witt would have anything more than a one time anti-lynch power. My search for the necronomicom failed again last night, and at least / is consistent in not posting it. Maybe we will see it updated later in the day like he did the last couple of days.

So, vote little witt.

Anyone want to give me a hint where the necronomicon is yet? :D

Dude, you're getting blocked. Read it again.
Epic Win

"Always tell the truth. It's the easiest thing to remember." - Richard Roma, Glengarry Glen Ross

aage wrote:Never trust CYOC or pancake.
Corporal 1st Class pancakemix

Re: [Official]H.P. Lovecraft Mafia Day Eight.

Postby thehippo8 on Mon Dec 24, 2012 11:47 pm

pancakemix wrote:Dude, you're getting blocked. Read it again.

Oh, lol, duh, of course! Must be too much Chrissie cheer! =D>
ImageImageImage
show
Corporal 1st Class thehippo8

Postby Kanin Usagi on Tue Dec 25, 2012 12:13 am

I have a sneaking suspicion that the only way to end the game is for two of the Gods to die and one to "win."
I also have a suspicion that the only way to kill a God is from another God, and the only way to lynch a God is to involve the Necronomicon. Refer back to the scene when Jak was lynched, and that passage about the man chanting with the book.
Commander9 wrote:
Rodion wrote:Vote Commander9 for being Commander9.

I am convinced by your argument.

Vote Commander9.
Private Kanin Usagi

Re: [Official]H.P. Lovecraft Mafia Day Five

Postby Kanin Usagi on Tue Dec 25, 2012 12:16 am

/ wrote:The town took this man, leading him to the streets. They saw him as dangerous, a threat to be dealt with immediately.
The townsfolk open fire upon him, in a moment he is collapsed on the ground. The man gets back up, he smiles at the people of Arkham, "Did that moment when I fell fill your hearts with relief? That will be the last time you feel such an emotion."
Bat-like wings eplode from the creatures's back, within a time too fast for the eye to precieve a transformation occurs, where seconds before a man stood, a tentacled monstrosity now flies above, this was just one of a thousand other forms of the Crawling Chaos.

At the monster's behest, the ground cracks open, revealing the court of Demon Sultan Azathoth, its tendrils reach out for the townspeople.

Atop an adjacent building a man read a passage from the Necronomnicon, a spell struck down at the creature, casting it down into the dimensions of the outer gods.
The portal closed, returning the scene to normal, albeit with the distinct look of a bomb going off.
Would this be the last time the Outer God walked this planet?
show

Night 5 begins, you have until Saturday
That bolded bit is what I was referring to. The scene seemed to have indicated that Nyarlathotep wasn't worried about the lynch at all. But then the whole Necronomnicon guy was the one who actually confirmed it.
Commander9 wrote:
Rodion wrote:Vote Commander9 for being Commander9.

I am convinced by your argument.

Vote Commander9.
Private Kanin Usagi

Postby betiko on Tue Dec 25, 2012 7:29 am

Interesting kanin. So could it be that the book holder wanted jak dead, but not witt? Witt isn t searching for the book as far as i know. Maybe the book holder is more related to ctulhu than to yog. By the way who'se bodies are you guys in today have you tried soundman to check what he can do?
Looks like this might end up in an ugly god fight with humans in the middle...
Major betiko

Postby Nendreel on Tue Dec 25, 2012 9:18 am

betiko wrote:Interesting kanin. So could it be that the book holder wanted jak dead, but not witt? Witt isn t searching for the book as far as i know. Maybe the book holder is more related to ctulhu than to yog. By the way who'se bodies are you guys in today have you tried soundman to check what he can do?
Looks like this might end up in an ugly god fight with humans in the middle...

If we need the book holder to help with the lynch then Hippo might just get his wish and have us find the book for him. :lol:
Sergeant Nendreel

Re: [Official]H.P. Lovecraft Mafia Day Five

Postby pancakemix on Tue Dec 25, 2012 1:58 pm

/ wrote:Vote Count

Jak: 9 votes: rodion, IB, little witt, nendreel, jonty, Pancake, ???, thehippo8, Kanin Usagi
Rodion: 2 votes: rishaed, doom
IB: 1 vote: jak

19 alive 8 to lynch

Eight is the correct number for today because of certain mechanics.
that's a lynch, scene tomorrow, feel free to talk until then.

Well that's your final VC for Jak's lynch.

Red means that person doesn't have the Necronomicon and I know this for a fact. Blue means that player is a candidate to be holding the book. Orange means I don't know what to do with that person or if it matters.

Witt's lynch:

/ wrote:Little Witt: 9 votes: Kanin Usagi, Nendreel, jonty125, thehippo8, rishaed, Iron Butterfly, soundman, pancakemix, safariguy5

spiesr: 1 vote: DoomYoshi

today's scene has been updated
that's a lynch, new scene coming soon.

Blue means that player was on the first blue list.

Therefore, assuming that the book holder must be on the lynch to destroy a God and barring any shenanigans with the secret vote, Rodion has the Necronomicon.

That's conjecture and I have a feeling he'll deny it but that's my theory. Once again, it doesn't matter to me one way or the other.
Epic Win

"Always tell the truth. It's the easiest thing to remember." - Richard Roma, Glengarry Glen Ross

Postby thehippo8 on Tue Dec 25, 2012 2:49 pm

Well, assuming I am being blocked from my search for the necronomicon then you may as well discuss it openly. I've already visited Rodion at bight and he didn't give me the book, so I must have been busdriven or blocked or whatever! WEither that or he doesn't have it!
ImageImageImage
show

Postby Rodion on Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:32 pm

I do not own the book. I can vote Little Witt if you want me to, though.

I always suspected Jonty to have the book, since he hammered its last owner (Ghostly, I think). However, being that he was part of yesterday's BW that failed to get Witt lynched, I'm clueless again.
General Rodion

Postby Nendreel on Tue Dec 25, 2012 4:14 pm

@Hippo: Can you give us a list of whom you visited on each Night?
Might help us solve this mystery.
Sergeant Nendreel

Postby thehippo8 on Tue Dec 25, 2012 4:16 pm

Rodion wrote:I do not own the book. I can vote Little Witt if you want me to, though.

I always suspected Jonty to have the book, since he hammered its last owner (Ghostly, I think). However, being that he was part of yesterday's BW that failed to get Witt lynched, I'm clueless again.

As I said before, I suspect Little Witt has a one-time unlynchable status. He will be lynched today!

Fastposted by Nendreel
ImageImageImage
show

Postby betiko on Tue Dec 25, 2012 4:51 pm

So why is hippo rushing witt s lynch while we are all trying to figure out who has the book? It should be in his interest to let people think about it out loud.. Just a thought. Also I don t really get the point of a 1 shot unlynchable with revivers.. I think the theory of the bookholder doing something to validate the lynch seems more plausible than the 1 shot given jak s death scene. It would be nice to know, if it s the case, if the bookholder would still not do his job because he wants witt alive or not.. Maybe the bookholder needs to kill a faction or humans before there is just 1 god left (endgame?).I don t know, just a few thoughts.. Pcm, what exactly was your role before being a doc? What can lead you to these type of conclusions? Looks like you had some type of investigative role? Thought you were picking up zombies and that s it...
Major betiko

Re: [Official]H.P. Lovecraft Mafia; Day Four

Postby pancakemix on Tue Dec 25, 2012 8:18 pm

/ wrote:Vote count

ghostly447: 10 votes: DoomYoshi, jak111, pancakemix, new guy1, thehippo8, rishaed, thechuck51, Iron Butterfly, betiko, jonty125

That's a lynch, scene later.

Ghostly lynch, for reference.

As I said, Rodion denied it. The book probably gives him immense power which is driving him insane. I wouldn't be surprised if he was the Mad Arab himself.

The other possibility is the ??? vote. Writing this in haste, so I'll leave it to others to postulate on that fo now.
Epic Win

Re: [Official]H.P. Lovecraft Mafia; Day Four

Postby Nendreel on Tue Dec 25, 2012 8:25 pm

pancakemix wrote:
Ghostly lynch, for reference.

As I said, Rodion denied it. The book probably gives him immense power which is driving him insane. I wouldn't be surprised if he was the Mad Arab himself.

The other possibility is the ??? vote. Writing this in haste, so I'll leave it to others to postulate on that fo now.

I'm pretty sure the ??? is IB, he said he had a Double Vote for that Day.
Sergeant Nendreel

Postby DoomYoshi on Tue Dec 25, 2012 8:33 pm

thehippo8 wrote:
Rodion wrote:I do not own the book. I can vote Little Witt if you want me to, though.

As I said before, I suspect Little Witt has a one-time unlynchable status. He will be lynched today!

Fastposted by Nendreel

Do you have the same perk?
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby rishaed on Tue Dec 25, 2012 8:50 pm

Could be the Bulletproof(NK immune from humans) carries over into day lynches w/ out the Necromicon? Would make sense to me. ^ See D7 open post by me on Hippo's perks.
aage wrote: Maybe you're right, but since we receive no handlebars from the mod I think we should get some ourselves.

Corporal 1st Class rishaed

Location: Somewhere in the Foundry forums looking for whats going on!

Postby thehippo8 on Wed Dec 26, 2012 1:42 am

betiko wrote:So why is hippo rushing witt s lynch while we are all trying to figure out who has the book? It should be in his interest to let people think about it out loud.. Just a thought. Also I don t really get the point of a 1 shot unlynchable with revivers.. I think the theory of the bookholder doing something to validate the lynch seems more plausible than the 1 shot given jak s death scene. It would be nice to know, if it s the case, if the bookholder would still not do his job because he wants witt alive or not.. Maybe the bookholder needs to kill a faction or humans before there is just 1 god left (endgame?).I don t know, just a few thoughts.. Pcm, what exactly was your role before being a doc? What can lead you to these type of conclusions? Looks like you had some type of investigative role? Thought you were picking up zombies and that s it...

Not sure what you mean by me being in a hurry. I see this as an extension of yesterday. I'm pretty sure i know who has my love now, but I will only know for sure if they actually say it during today or I look for it tonight (and don't get blocked or busdriven or whatever other weird powers there may be out there!).
ImageImageImage
show

Re: [Official]H.P. Lovecraft Mafia Night Seven

Postby soundman on Thu Dec 27, 2012 1:17 pm

/ wrote:the ageless deep ones are stopped from their quest by unknown forces.
And so, the book of the Mad Arab was not searched for that night.

This was me. Used a one-shot roleblock on Hippo.
Lieutenant soundman

Re: [Official]H.P. Lovecraft Mafia Night Seven

Postby thehippo8 on Thu Dec 27, 2012 2:10 pm

soundman wrote:
/ wrote:the ageless deep ones are stopped from their quest by unknown forces.
And so, the book of the Mad Arab was not searched for that night.

This was me. Used a one-shot roleblock on Hippo.

Funny thing is that I am sure that my search was a waste anyway so no harm done :-$
ImageImageImage
show

Postby / on Thu Dec 27, 2012 5:37 pm

Vote Count

Little Witt: 4 votes: Doom, Hippo, Nendreel, rishaed

With 16 alive it takes 7 to lynch
Deadline Sunday
Sergeant 1st Class /

Postby Iron Butterfly on Thu Dec 27, 2012 7:44 pm