Conquer Club

Mandatory Trench Warfare?

Topics that are not maps. Discuss general map making concepts, techniques, contests, etc, here.

Moderator: Cartographers

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Mandatory Trench Warfare?

Postby Industrial Helix on Wed Dec 26, 2012 4:18 pm

Is it possible? A long time ago I did a map of WWII the Pacific but I abandoned it after I realized it would not be so fun if a play could just cross the ocean and annihilate their opponent, it would be better if one had to realistically island hop to get to the other side of the Pacific. But since then Trench came out and if I could make it mandatory for this map, I'd like to consider reviving my old WW2 Pacific map.
Sketchblog [Update 07/25/11]: http://indyhelixsketch.blogspot.com/
Living in Japan [Update 07/17/11]: http://mirrorcountryih.blogspot.com/
Russian Revolution map for ConquerClub [07/20/11]: viewtopic.php?f=241&t=116575
Cook Industrial Helix

Re: Mandatory Trench Warfare?

Postby greenoaks on Wed Dec 26, 2012 4:31 pm

Industrial Helix wrote:Is it possible? A long time ago I did a map of WWII the Pacific but I abandoned it after I realized it would not be so fun if a play could just cross the ocean and annihilate their opponent, it would be better if one had to realistically island hop to get to the other side of the Pacific. But since then Trench came out and if I could make it mandatory for this map, I'd like to consider reviving my old WW2 Pacific map.

so you want to know if the xml will allow you to code 'you can not attack unless you started the round with that terit'.

that would be an interesting feature to add to select areas of maps.
Sergeant greenoaks

Postby nicarus on Wed Dec 26, 2012 10:42 pm

That sounds like a great idea, and could open up a lot more possibilities for some really cool maps. like a golf course, one stroke at a time. :)
Sergeant 1st Class nicarus

Postby rdsrds2120 on Sun Dec 30, 2012 6:10 am

Hmmm...I'd want to discuss this more (forcing Start A Game options, in general). I think to an extent, there's some legitimacy, but in the same vein, you could simply choose to play it exclusively with Trench (in this example).

BMO
Corporal 1st Class rdsrds2120

Postby greenoaks on Sun Dec 30, 2012 6:21 am

rdsrds2120 wrote:Hmmm...I'd want to discuss this more (forcing Start A Game options, in general). I think to an extent, there's some legitimacy, but in the same vein, you could simply choose to play it exclusively with Trench (in this example).

BMO

don't think of it that way.

when i read it i thought of Snakes and Ladders. going around the board would be like the Christmas Tree on the Xmas map or you could take the shortcut (the Ladder) but Trench would apply to that direction.
Sergeant greenoaks

Return to Foundry Discussions