Conquer Club

Should We Publish Names And Addresses of Gun Owners?

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Should We Publish Names And Addresses of Gun Owners?

Postby CreepersWiener on Wed Dec 26, 2012 11:20 am

This is great! We can go disarm all of these people now!
Army of GOD wrote:I joined this game because it's so similar to Call of Duty.
Sergeant CreepersWiener

Re: Should We Publish Names And Addresses of Gun Owners?

Postby Funkyterrance on Wed Dec 26, 2012 12:15 pm

Sure, add me to the list. Now maybe prowlers will look me up,think twice and hit the anti-gun liberals down the street instead. :lol:
Seriously though, if everyone owned a gun to keep up with the times it would keep everyone a little more honest.
Colonel Funkyterrance

Postby maxfaraday on Wed Dec 26, 2012 1:01 pm

Yeah, do it.
This way we outlaws will know who's NOT a gun owner and which houses we can safely break in.
I definitely support this suggestion.
To: maxfaraday

I have noted this post and if it continues, there will be consequences for you.
Sergeant 1st Class maxfaraday

Postby MeDeFe on Wed Dec 26, 2012 2:33 pm

Isn't there already a list like that in the USA? It's called the "telephone directory" or something I think...
saxitoxin wrote:Your position is more complex than the federal tax code. As soon as I think I understand it, I find another index of cross-references, exceptions and amendments I have to apply.
Timminz wrote:Yo mama is so classless, she could be a Marxist utopia.
Major MeDeFe

Location: Follow the trail of holes in other people's arguments.

Postby CreepersWiener on Wed Dec 26, 2012 2:38 pm

MeDeFe wrote:Isn't there already a list like that in the USA? It's called the "telephone directory" or something I think...

This.
Army of GOD wrote:I joined this game because it's so similar to Call of Duty.
Sergeant CreepersWiener

Postby stahrgazer on Wed Dec 26, 2012 4:16 pm

CreepersWiener wrote:

Hard to do, since there's no national registry of gun sales, especially those that are conducted between private citizens.
Sergeant stahrgazer

Postby PLAYER57832 on Wed Dec 26, 2012 4:33 pm

MeDeFe wrote:Isn't there already a list like that in the USA? It's called the "telephone directory" or something I think...

LOL... in my town, that is pretty much correct.
Corporal PLAYER57832

Postby rdsrds2120 on Wed Dec 26, 2012 4:42 pm

Just a shot in the dark, but I'd call this a bad idea.

BMO
Corporal 1st Class rdsrds2120

Postby Phatscotty on Wed Dec 26, 2012 5:00 pm

CreepersWiener wrote:

Why stop there, just go the next step and force all law abiding gun owning citizens to wear yellow stars on their coats.

see how ya are?
Major Phatscotty

Postby Neoteny on Wed Dec 26, 2012 5:13 pm

Just combine the gun owners list with the sex offenders list.
Napoleon Ier wrote:You people need to grow up to be honest.
Major Neoteny

Postby Night Strike on Wed Dec 26, 2012 6:11 pm

Precisely the problem when law-abiding citizens are forced to register their law-abiding activities with the federal government. That's why there are a lot of people who have a problem with having to register guns in the first place. And the fact that others could get a hold of such registrations through Freedom of Information requests is absolutely ridiculous. Of course, the only good thing is that maybe the thieves will be smart enough to look at that map and only go after people who don't have guns.
Major Night Strike

Postby Metsfanmax on Wed Dec 26, 2012 6:15 pm

Night Strike wrote:Of course, the only good thing is that maybe the thieves will be smart enough to look at that map and only go after people who don't have guns.

For those of us who prefer not to own a gun, I do not see this as a good thing.
Sergeant 1st Class Metsfanmax

Postby maxfaraday on Wed Dec 26, 2012 6:28 pm

maxfaraday wrote:Yeah, do it.
This way we outlaws will know who's NOT a gun owner and which houses we can safely break in.
I definitely support this suggestion.

Metsfanmax wrote:
Night Strike wrote:Of course, the only good thing is that maybe the thieves will be smart enough to look at that map and only go after people who don't have guns.

You're damn right we'll be smart enough.

WE'RE COMING FOR YOU!
To: maxfaraday

I have noted this post and if it continues, there will be consequences for you.
Sergeant 1st Class maxfaraday

Postby Night Strike on Wed Dec 26, 2012 9:15 pm

Metsfanmax wrote:

So you don't like what could happen, yet you want to get rid of ALL guns so that the same thing can happen to other people as well?
Major Night Strike

Postby Sackett58 on Wed Dec 26, 2012 9:25 pm

You don't think that the hard core criminal wouldn't love to find out where he could steal firearms.
2010-04-24 18:51:35 - MrMoody: OMG I'm in a game with stunna, what is up with this?
Major Sackett58

Postby Night Strike on Wed Dec 26, 2012 9:27 pm

Sackett58 wrote:You don't think that the hard core criminal wouldn't love to find out where he could steal firearms.

Only if he was absolutely sure the nobody was home. Most criminals prefer to get away with their crimes with the least amount of hassle possible. If they get addresses of places that are much less likely to have a gun in the house, they know they have a much lower chance of being hurt while committing their crime.
Major Night Strike

Postby notyou2 on Wed Dec 26, 2012 9:28 pm

Night Strike wrote:
Metsfanmax wrote:

So you don't like what could happen, yet you want to get rid of ALL guns so that the same thing can happen to other people as well?

Not sure Mets has ever said get rid of all guns, but he should answer this.
Captain notyou2

Postby HapSmo19 on Wed Dec 26, 2012 10:09 pm

Or he could just slam his head back into the sand and pretend he didn't just realize how retarded he is.
Lieutenant HapSmo19

Postby MegaProphet on Wed Dec 26, 2012 10:46 pm

Phatscotty wrote:
CreepersWiener wrote:

Why stop there, just go the next step and force all law abiding gun owning citizens to wear yellow stars on their coats.

see how ya are?

Will the stars say deputy sheriff?
Corporal MegaProphet

Postby Metsfanmax on Wed Dec 26, 2012 10:47 pm

Night Strike wrote:
Metsfanmax wrote:

I never said I want to get rid of all guns.

But look at the story you linked in the other thread. Because the guy had a gun in his home, he ended up getting shot, and one of the robbers died. If he didn't have a gun, they most likely would have taken some jewelry and electronics and left, with no one seriously injured or dead. Yes, bad things happen in this world; but guns aggravate the problem in almost all circumstances, rather than being a successful deterrent.

Postby Night Strike on Wed Dec 26, 2012 11:21 pm

Metsfanmax wrote:
Night Strike wrote:
Metsfanmax wrote:

But look at the story you linked in the other thread. Because the guy had a gun in his home, he ended up getting shot, and one of the robbers died. If he didn't have a gun, they most likely would have taken some jewelry and electronics and left, with no one seriously injured or dead. Yes, bad things happen in this world; but guns aggravate the problem in almost all circumstances, rather than being a successful deterrent.

You would rather hope that an intruder won't physically harm you than have a method of self-protection at your disposal? What happens if he decides to take those things and that he doesn't want to leave a witness?
Major Night Strike

Postby notyou2 on Wed Dec 26, 2012 11:47 pm

Night Strike wrote:
Metsfanmax wrote:
Night Strike wrote:
Metsfanmax wrote:

You would rather hope that an intruder won't physically harm you than have a method of self-protection at your disposal? What happens if he decides to take those things and that he doesn't want to leave a witness?

THAT RIGHT THERE IS THE DIFFERENCE. Either you watch way too much TV or America is still the wild west.
Captain notyou2

Postby Metsfanmax on Wed Dec 26, 2012 11:49 pm

Night Strike wrote:You would rather hope that an intruder won't physically harm you than have a method of self-protection at your disposal? What happens if he decides to take those things and that he doesn't want to leave a witness?

I would absolutely rather hope than an intruder won't physically harm me. According to a 2009 study by UPenn, people who were in possession of a gun at the time of an assault were nearly five times more likely to be shot than people without a gun.

There's some intuitive reasons for this. For example, most of the time, the intent of the intruders is simply to take your stuff, and not to harm you (statistically speaking). When you aggravate the situation by brandishing your own weapon, you force the robber into a defensive situation, where they are more likely to fire the weapon they brought.

Postby notyou2 on Wed Dec 26, 2012 11:53 pm

So you are saying that a gun gives you a false sense of security as well as taking the situation with most likely a habitual criminal to another level?
Captain notyou2

Postby Metsfanmax on Wed Dec 26, 2012 11:58 pm

notyou2 wrote:So you are saying that a gun gives you a false sense of security as well as taking the situation with most likely a habitual criminal to another level?

That is my conclusion from this study, yes. That being said, there are obviously exceptions to this general rule. If you are a weapons expert or have advanced combat training, then you are probably able to handle your gun for self-defense with much more ability than the average citizen.

Next

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,