Conquer Club

Lost Tribe Of Israel Returning To Start Settlements

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Lost Tribe Of Israel Returning To Start Settlements

Postby CreepersWiener on Tue Dec 25, 2012 2:33 pm

I don't know what to say, but good luck. I figure they will experience much racism in Israel. What if white people disappeared from the United States for two thousand years and wanted to come back? Maybe Israelis are more open to this than I believe.
Army of GOD wrote:I joined this game because it's so similar to Call of Duty.
Sergeant CreepersWiener

Re: Lost Tribe Of Israel Returning To Start Settlements

Postby Phatscotty on Tue Dec 25, 2012 2:37 pm

For those who eagerly await the return of Jesus, wait no longer.

He is already here with us, walking the earth as we speak.
Major Phatscotty

Postby 2dimes on Tue Dec 25, 2012 2:44 pm

Phatscotty wrote:For those who eagerly await the return of Jesus, wait no longer.

Matthew 24:23 anyone?
Corporal 2dimes

Postby CreepersWiener on Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:12 pm

Phatscotty wrote:For those who eagerly await the return of Jesus, wait no longer.

?
Sergeant CreepersWiener

Postby WheezKalifa on Tue Dec 25, 2012 9:04 pm

CreepersWiener wrote:

I don't know what to say, but good luck. I figure they will experience much racism in Israel. What if white people disappeared from the United States for two thousand years and wanted to come back? Maybe Israelis are more open to this than I believe.

originally ashkenaz/sephardi relations in Israel weren't so great, but nowadays there are many powerful sephardi leaders and society has blurred the difference. Besides, Israel wants more Jews.
Sergeant 1st Class WheezKalifa

Postby MeDeFe on Wed Dec 26, 2012 6:23 am

Call me a cynic, but I think this "change of heart" might have something to do with the recently announced plans for building yet more illegal settlements on Palestinian land. Why should you use valuable Israelis to break international law and potentially put them in danger when you can use some backwater Indians instead?
saxitoxin wrote:Your position is more complex than the federal tax code. As soon as I think I understand it, I find another index of cross-references, exceptions and amendments I have to apply.
Timminz wrote:Yo mama is so classless, she could be a Marxist utopia.
Major MeDeFe

Location: Follow the trail of holes in other people's arguments.

Postby CreepersWiener on Wed Dec 26, 2012 9:10 am

MeDeFe wrote:Call me a cynic, but I think this "change of heart" might have something to do with the recently announced plans for building yet more illegal settlements on Palestinian land. Why should you use valuable Israelis to break international law and potentially put them in danger when you can use some backwater Indians instead?

Nice observation. A possible political stunt in answer to the UN's overwhelming concession that Palestine is a state. There are Native Americans that claim also to be descended from the lost tribes of Israel. Will that be the next thing? Flocks of Mormonized American Indians moving to the Promised Land?

Sergeant CreepersWiener

Postby Symmetry on Thu Dec 27, 2012 4:04 pm

CreepersWiener wrote:
MeDeFe wrote:Call me a cynic, but I think this "change of heart" might have something to do with the recently announced plans for building yet more illegal settlements on Palestinian land. Why should you use valuable Israelis to break international law and potentially put them in danger when you can use some backwater Indians instead?

Nice observation. A possible political stunt in answer to the UN's overwhelming concession that Palestine is a state. There are Native Americans that claim also to be descended from the lost tribes of Israel. Will that be the next thing? Flocks of Mormonized American Indians moving to the Promised Land?

That's an argument that's all kinds of fun in the 16th and 17th century in Europe. The Tribes of Israel stuff gets really messed up when the Anericas are discovered and people have to compare it to Biblical theology. It's weird- some people are all for enslaving the population as they're not human- they can't have been descended from Adam and Eve. Others go for the Lost tribe approach, and argue against exploitation.

Then there's the nutcases who think that it's Atlantis when they find a reference in the Classics (well, just Plato).

Good to see that this crazy stuff is alive and well and still messing people around.
the world is in greater peril from those who tolerate or encourage evil than from those who actually commit it- Albert Einstein
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby Ray Rider on Fri Dec 28, 2012 3:27 am

CreepersWiener wrote:

I don't really understand how this East Indian tribe traces their lineage back 3000 years...I'm interested in the lost tribes of Israel, but I don't see where the evidence is that these people are part of the remnant (besides one rabbi's opinion).
Highest score: 2221
Major Ray Rider

Postby PLAYER57832 on Fri Dec 28, 2012 4:15 pm

CreepersWiener wrote:

More like Native Americans coming back and claiming the land....
Corporal PLAYER57832

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,