Story Mafia

Discuss Mafia Games, roles, ideas for games, mechanics, and everything else related to the game here!

Moderators: Community Team, Global Moderators

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Story Mafia

Postby jak111 on Thu Dec 27, 2012 7:28 pm

With my program not fully fuctional I will have to put that project onto the sidelines. I was hoping to have it finished for this, but, well, not everything gets done when I expect them to. Have barely been online as I worked on that and school projects, but the Story Mafia is still a green light and New Year's is FAST approaching. Next Monday-Tuesday look for a sign up thread in the mafia games forum with a full list of rules and a full description of what's going down for this. I do not suspect that it will fill quickly, but I will do my best to steadily haste the quickness of it happening.

Right now I have roles fully written up for 15 players, however, they are only the base roles and more shall be added if more people sign up.

But I want people to think about this before I post the sign ups next week. Day and nights scenes will take a more than a 1-3 days to come because like I have said for those who haven't read my earlier topic about this. The game will be going alongside an actual story and will have to be written AS the game progresses. The outcome of the game will decide the outcome of the story.

Now, since the story is pretty descriptive I want you all to notice this rule that will be in the rules as well.
NO NAME OR ROLE CLAIMS REAL OR FAKE WILL BE ALLOWED IN THE GAME.
But you may claim your actions, however your role is to remain HIDDEN at all costs.

Full rules and explanations will come with the sign up thread, I just want you to be able to mull over this idea a bit beforehand.

I want this to also be 100% clear, some of you have seen how strict I can be with rules, this game will be VERY strict and I will do my best to explain 100% what would break a rule whether it be in your pm or in the rules specifically.

If my rules are broken, make no mistake, I will not hesitate or give second chances in this game at all. The rules wont be hard to grasp but if they are broken they either a.) break the game. and/or b.) ruin the fun.

Your roles will be unique, so do not look online at epic mafia or mafiascum or here for them. However, their actions may or may not be unique. There will be no vanillas and everyone will have some sort of action one way or another.

and I am tired tonight so I will not try to continue explaining what is going on. But before signing up, fully read the op of the sign up thread.
Highest Rank:
Major:2157

"All wars are civil wars, because all men are brothers"

Premium Prize Tourney Sign Ups [19/64]
User avatar
Lieutenant jak111
 
Posts: 282
Joined: Mon Dec 28, 2009 4:24 pm
Location: At your deathbed.
Medals: 22
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1)
Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (4) Tournament Contribution (1)

Re: Story Mafia

Postby jonty125 on Fri Dec 28, 2012 7:04 am

When you say no role-claiming, do you just mean the literal name i.e. Town Cop or does it include description so i.e. Every night I can investigate someone and find their alignment ← is that fair game? or not?
War doesn't determine who's right; it determines who's left.
User avatar
Cook jonty125
 
Posts: 279
Joined: Mon Jul 20, 2009 12:48 pm
Medals: 12
Standard Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3)
General Achievement (3) Tournament Contribution (2)

Re: Story Mafia

Postby rishaed on Fri Dec 28, 2012 9:36 am

It seems like we can/could claim ACTIONS ie. I saw Rodian visit IB last night, however we cannot claim John Doe Town Watcher, without being killed, even if we were mafia.
aage wrote: Maybe you're right, but since we receive no handlebars from the mod I think we should get some ourselves.

Image
User avatar
Corporal 1st Class rishaed
 
Posts: 657
Joined: Fri Jul 20, 2007 8:54 pm
Location: Somewhere in the Foundry forums looking for whats going on!
Medals: 17
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (1) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (1) General Achievement (4)

Re: Story Mafia

Postby jonty125 on Fri Dec 28, 2012 10:12 am

I'm just seeking clarity, before I step on the wrong side of the line and get struck down by lightning.
War doesn't determine who's right; it determines who's left.
User avatar
Cook jonty125
 
Posts: 279
Joined: Mon Jul 20, 2009 12:48 pm
Medals: 12
Standard Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3)
General Achievement (3) Tournament Contribution (2)

Re: Story Mafia

Postby jak111 on Fri Dec 28, 2012 10:17 am

jonty125 wrote:When you say no role-claiming, do you just mean the literal name i.e. Town Cop or does it include description so i.e. Every night I can investigate someone and find their alignment ← is that fair game? or not?


Yes that's fair game because that counts as an action, as I've said when I post the signups I'll make the rules more clearer with examples.

But things like "Town Cop" "Roleblocker" etc etc are not allowed.
Highest Rank:
Major:2157

"All wars are civil wars, because all men are brothers"

Premium Prize Tourney Sign Ups [19/64]
User avatar
Lieutenant jak111
 
Posts: 282
Joined: Mon Dec 28, 2009 4:24 pm
Location: At your deathbed.
Medals: 22
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1)
Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (4) Tournament Contribution (1)

Re: Story Mafia

Postby blakebowling on Fri Dec 28, 2012 4:47 pm

jak111 wrote:
jonty125 wrote:When you say no role-claiming, do you just mean the literal name i.e. Town Cop or does it include description so i.e. Every night I can investigate someone and find their alignment ← is that fair game? or not?


Yes that's fair game because that counts as an action, as I've said when I post the signups I'll make the rules more clearer with examples.

But things like "Town Cop" "Roleblocker" etc etc are not allowed.

I may be missing something, but I don't really see the difference between "each night I can investigate someone and find their alignment" and "i'm a cop"
12:39:59 AM rdsrds2120: sorry, I had a lot of lasagna tonight
12:40:06 AM rdsrds2120: I'm pretty out of it. CRAAZZYYY NIGHT
12:31:04 * Metsfanmax quit (kicked from Social by Metsfanmax - reason: haha gotcha now)
12:59:32 * #1_stunna gropes blakebowling
Private blakebowling
Administrator
Administrator
 
Posts: 5028
Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2008 12:09 pm
Location: 127.0.0.1
Medals: 41
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (3)
Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (3)
Tournament Contribution (3) General Contribution (10)

Re: Story Mafia

Postby rishaed on Fri Dec 28, 2012 10:28 pm

because if someone is a JOAT, and has cop power then s/he can technically investigate someone every night, but also could kill them instead.
aage wrote: Maybe you're right, but since we receive no handlebars from the mod I think we should get some ourselves.

Image
User avatar
Corporal 1st Class rishaed
 
Posts: 657
Joined: Fri Jul 20, 2007 8:54 pm
Location: Somewhere in the Foundry forums looking for whats going on!
Medals: 17
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (1) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (1) General Achievement (4)

Re: Story Mafia

Postby jak111 on Sat Dec 29, 2012 3:28 pm

blakebowling wrote:I may be missing something, but I don't really see the difference between "each night I can investigate someone and find their alignment" and "i'm a cop"


It's confusing yes, but the claims of the roles aren't literally cop, they are different roles that may be mentioned in the story its self, so has to give the baddies a fair chance no role claims will be allowed else once their role is outed in their story they proven to be bad.
Highest Rank:
Major:2157

"All wars are civil wars, because all men are brothers"

Premium Prize Tourney Sign Ups [19/64]
User avatar
Lieutenant jak111
 
Posts: 282
Joined: Mon Dec 28, 2009 4:24 pm
Location: At your deathbed.
Medals: 22
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1)
Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (4) Tournament Contribution (1)


Return to Mafia Discussions

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users

Login