cairnswk wrote:OK....reasonable start.....he -> the
Appearances tell me you can't make up your mind?
If these are large maps, the inner cty areas will be awfully squashed on the small...prehaps condense a few...or make buildings out of them.
I think there is far too much wasted real estate on both.
i prefer the bottom one because it seems more finished towards an initial idea...
but the river and regions...and not being negative here...they're too plastic/ice creamy/slimy
...i know early days...but i think a long way to go. Good luck.
generalhead wrote:I personally like the bottom one. I like the pyramids, the camel and the green background. The light brown texture also reminds me of sand, which reminds me of the deserts of egypt.
koontz1973 wrote:[quote="cairnswk"If these are large maps, the inner cty areas will be awfully squashed on the small...prehaps condense a few...or make buildings out of them.
yes, but please give some eye space otherwise people will not enjoy .
cairnswk wrote:OK, i want this to succeed, so don't think i am hastling...
1. we had this issue in a previous map...can't remember which one it was...but the lack of black border on the sides of the river looks awkward, and unfinished.
2. your vanishing point is not consistent...you've got the top of the pyramid heading off into the sky while the bottom heads over to the sun
3. the light from the setting sun is too intense and over takes the title, the font of which is quite pleasing.
4. the one part that looks perfect is the camel, although the shadow seems too long for the lowness of the sun.
5. the shadow side of the big pyramid is darker than the shadow side of the small
6. i don't quite understand the light beacon on top the large pyramid...what is it meant to be there for?
7. the font for the terts, is quite hard to read.
8. some small glyphs are hard to make out.
9. i think you need to add symbol to each of the explanations, either that or make a heading called Symbol Bonuses, and hold 4 of the same -3 listed underneath.
10. my eye is drawn to your sig. needs moving to the side and less intense.
sorry the list is so long, but these are just challenges to overcome, that's all.
Will play around with something but it is Jakarta you are thinking about.
Two vanishing points, not unheard of.
Oneyed wrote:what about like this?
Oneyed wrote:koontz1973 wrote:EDIT: Did you mean for the background or the map itself?
for the map itself. I think that as background it could not works fine.
cairnswk wrote:OK just couple of things...
1. why do u post these early versions in .pngs....they take way too long to download....i have found it is much more productive to post as .jpgs even though the quality is not there, yet sometimes there is hardly any difference.
2. what do the red lines mean - are they impassables?
3. can't read the top left bonuses...too much opacity.
6. what you said in the post, needs to be explained on the map
4. pyramids look perfect and much more proportional
5. region text is far more legible - good job.
Users browsing this forum: No registered users