Conquer Club

Oh Posterity!

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Oh Posterity!

Postby Phatscotty on Tue Jan 01, 2013 3:45 am

Changer, it seems like you are of the opinion that our founders were all just a bunch of racist old slave owning crackers who just wanted to get out of paying taxes, and you didn't really know much about John Adams, except that he was one of our founding fathers, which to you means he was a racist slave owner "who did nothing to preserve freedom..."

Excuse Mr Adams if he must sacrifice and risk his and his families lives in order to help make Freedom and Liberty possible in the first place. I think you take a lot of shit for granted
Major Phatscotty

Postby Juan_Bottom on Tue Jan 01, 2013 4:19 am

"Rejoice Evermore!"

I can't second what Phatscotty just said strongly enough. Just because Adams was a founding father that doesn't make him a racist or anything like that. Many of the founding father's were full-fledged abolitionists. Abigail Adams was a full-fledged abolitionist. If John Adams did not make a public statement about the abolition of slavery, it was only to preserve the Union through till the end of the Revolutionary War. And he said that himself. But during the War he did take action against every form of slavery, and that evidences his beliefs much more than anything he could have ever said against slavery.

Phatscotty wrote:Excuse Mr Adams if he must sacrifice and risk his and his families lives in order to help make Freedom and Liberty possible in the first place. I think you take a lot of shit for granted

Dude voluntarily sailed to France through an English blockade during "perfect storm season" with his son, John Quincy. And he did this knowing that he was on the list of traitors to hang, if he were caught. Once they outran their first English Frigate John Adams wrote in his diary of his regret in bringing his son on such a dangerous trip... Hence John Adams himself spent time above deck armed with a musket whenever they ran into trouble.... and I do remember that their ship, Boston, did actually attack and defeat an armed English merchant. Though they spent a lot more time running than fighting. And the suicidal-sounding trip on the Boston was the better choice, because Adams expected the Revolutionary War to last a decade on American soil. Being so outspoken, and important, he had to expect the English would come for his family. Adams is a motherf*cking hero to everyman. His words have been thrown up into the face of every tyrant since the American Revolution. His actions are held in the highest esteem of any of our founders, with perhaps, the honorable exception of George Washington.
I can't fully appreciate John Adam's willingly walking into the sh*tstorm that he did, only for the love of his native soil. I like to fantasize, like everyone, that I would be that bold and brave, but when it comes down to it, I just don't know. He put more than his own life at risk. He put his family in danger as well, and it did weight on his shoulders. His letters home from his time in France are full of warnings to his wife and advice on what to take with her if she needed to flee. It's awesome to know that my country can produce such brave men. But if Adams were Greek, or Russian, or Chinese, I would still defend his honor just as staunchly. He's not above criticism for everything he's done, but he's far above criticism for this.
Sergeant 1st Class Juan_Bottom

Postby Phatscotty on Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:02 am

This video is a tribute to all of the happy moments in John Adams's life. Despite all of the hardships and haranguing he endured, John thought the world overall was a "merry world, notwithstanding." I think he was right.

Major Phatscotty

Postby HapSmo19 on Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:38 am

chang50 wrote:Call me dumb if you please

OK.
U R DUMB.
Lieutenant HapSmo19

Postby BigBallinStalin on Wed Jan 02, 2013 5:12 am

Major BigBallinStalin

Location: crying into the dregs of an empty bottle of own-brand scotch on the toilet having a dump in Dagenham

Previous

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,