Conquer Club

A Chance to Write History: WWIII [Ongoing]

Tournaments completed in 2013

Moderator: Tournament Directors

Re: A Chance to Write History: WWIII [Battle 6 of 8]

Postby WorldCup4James on Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:06 pm

repooc wrote:i'm in

Hi repooc.

Thank you for your interest in the tournament. However, only premium members may take part in this tournament.

Thank you,
James
Sergeant 1st Class WorldCup4James

Postby Dukasaur on Sat Dec 22, 2012 11:47 am

Game 12074504

Still no Bill.

Even after his friend promised that he would be able to get him back online...:(
Major Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby WorldCup4James on Sun Dec 23, 2012 6:58 pm

Dukasaur wrote:Game 12074504

Still no Bill.

Even after his friend promised that he would be able to get him back online...:(

Thank you for the reminder--I am in the process of searching for new players.

Postby TheSaxlad on Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:37 am

why not- in :)
Image Caution: playing team games with TheSaxlad can lead to shortness of breath, high blood pressure and other-stress related illnesses!

Visit CC on Facebook and Twitter!
Corporal TheSaxlad

Postby WorldCup4James on Sun Dec 30, 2012 12:24 pm

TheSaxlad wrote:why not- in :)

Thank you so much TheSaxlad! We're one step closer to full strength!

TheSaxlad replaces billclinton13.

January 1, 2013 Update

Postby WorldCup4James on Tue Jan 01, 2013 3:28 pm

January 1, 2013 Update

Happy new years fellow competitors!

Like clockwork, our opening games for Battle 6 have finished right on time for MMXIII, and, by the looks of the standings board, it is official that, once again:

The Alliance has claimed victory in Battle 6!

The Alliance emerged victorious in 4 of the fronts, but Front 2 is still undecided. As a result, a head-to-head game between the top from each side has started, to determine who wins Front 2.

But, either way, the Alliance already won a majority and so this will just determine whether they will have won 4-3 or 5-2.

Like usual, a full update and our usual headline story will be ready once this tie-breaker game and the forthcoming MOH Qualifer games finish.

Thanks everyone.

Re: A Chance to Write History: WWIII [Updated 1/1/13]

Postby WorldCup4James on Sun Jan 06, 2013 2:51 pm

January 6 Update

Standings Board (click here)

The Alliance has dominated play once again, and they're now tied with the Confederation in our score count. The AFA movement was successful in ridding political corruption in Africa.

A full update will follow after our Medal of Honor Qualifiers, which now commence as usual, featuring the top 2 Alliance players from the 5 winning fronts that the Alliance claimed.

Medal of Honors Qualifier Games

Game 12180557
Game 12180558

Once these games are completed, Battle 7 will arrive!

The score of the war is now,
  • 3 battle victories claimed by the Confederation,
  • 3 battle victories claimed by the Alliance!

Re: A Chance to Write History: WWIII [Updated 1/6]

Postby merch313 on Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:24 pm

Tourney still active
Major merch313

February 10 Update

Postby WorldCup4James on Sun Feb 10, 2013 12:50 am

Updated Standings Board
show: Standings

Would you like to choose the Map AND Settings for the next round? Write and Post a Battle Scenario for Our Seventh Battle!

Choosing the map and settings is very influential and, if you choose wisely, can land you a ton of points and a spot in the Playoffs.

Just write a brief paragraph on a possible World War III scenario. Identify 2 key sides, one for the Confederation and one for the Alliance and the map and settings.

Then post it on the tournament page
here: viewtopic.php?f=91&t=159969&start=0

It's that simple!

We've now completed six battles, but two key events remain ahead, and each one of you has the opportunity to write history! I will now be accepting any scenario proposals for the next 7 days (until CC Time: 2013-02-17 01:00:00).

Contextual Requirements
To ensure the plot is not disjointed, I advise you make some sort of reference, be it significant or minute, to the events of the African resistance to exploitation and the growing bond between Europe, India, Africa and Russia (as a result of battles 4, 5, and 6).

You may also make reference to the UN ousting of the Brazilian military junta (Battle 2) or to the workers' revolt put down in China (Battle 1).

The events in your scenario do not have to necessarily stem directly from the events in Africa, India, Egypt, Europe, Brazil, or China, but there should be some link made.

Possible Ideas to help you out:
  • Involving the remaining few powers as a result of losing influence in Africa.
  • Domestic unrest in Europe.

Work with these ideas or come up with something new on your own!

Here's an example. If you choose to write a scenario, it should look something like this; scenario, followed by sides and maps and settings:
show: Scenario

...was only 5 sentences long.

Writing history is NOT required of course, but there is a General Achievement Medal (the Nostradamus Award), which will be given to the player who has the most number of scenarios written. Please consider taking part! :o :?

I'm giving all players 7 days (until CC Time: 2013-02-17 01:00:00) so that should give you plenty of time if you have an idea! And it doesn't have to be in depth at all, just something simple so we can get some community involvement in the tournament. ;)

Thanks,
James

Re: A Chance to Write History: WWIII [PostBattleScenariosDay

Postby WorldCup4James on Sun Feb 17, 2013 11:13 pm

As there have been no submissions, I will allow an additional 7 days for any late ideas or if you want to submit just something simple, it might just stand the test of time as the only submission!

I will allow submissions for Battle 7 to be submitted at this here tournament page until CC Time: 2013-02-24 23:00:00.

Should be there be no submissions after that time and I have received no word of any impending submissions to be posted, then I'll create my own for a change! :lol:

Postby Dukasaur on Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:39 am

When hostilities resumed, the trigger was oil, as the pundits had always expected it would be. This time, the disputed areas were not in the Middle East, but in the waters of the South China Sea. For almost 30 years China had been extracting oil from disputed waters claimed by Vietnam and/or the Phillipines. At first there had been pretenses of negotiation, and the Philippines at least in theory were protected by the U.S. Still, as time went on, it became steadily more obvious that the U.S. was not going to risk war with China, and the Chinese became steadily more arrogant in asserting control of the region.

With rampant poverty in the Philippines, and oil revenues seen as one of the few realistic hopes for correcting it, the Philippine government became steadily more desperate. In the wake of the success of Africa Feeds Africans, a charismatic new leader arose in the House of Representatives, and forced through a bill making it mandatory for the government to attempt to secure control of its undersea resources, through any means, including war.

The precise details of how combat began are lost, for there were no survivors of the first battle. What is known is that at some point on that fateful September day, guided missile frigates of the Chinese and Philippine navies exchanged missiles, leading to their mutual destruction. Within minutes, alarm bells were ringing not only around the South China Sea, but all around the world, for everyone knew that this conflict might escalate and implicate them somehow.

Sure enough, idealists of the AFA recognised the Philippine struggle as being inherently the same as the one they had just gone through in Africa, and within days volunteer corps from Africa and Europe were streaming to the East.....

Map: Philippines
Spoils: Escalating
Fog: Yes, enormous amounts of misinformation are spreading.
Reinforcements: Chained

I realize it's three weeks past the original deadline, so I don't expect to get Nostradamus credit for this one, but in case you don't have something better I thought I'd offer this up.
Major Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby WorldCup4James on Wed Mar 06, 2013 12:12 am

Dukasaur wrote:
When hostilities resumed, the trigger was oil, as the pundits had always expected it would be. This time, the disputed areas were not in the Middle East, but in the waters of the South China Sea. For almost 30 years China had been extracting oil from disputed waters claimed by Vietnam and/or the Phillipines. At first there had been pretenses of negotiation, and the Philippines at least in theory were protected by the U.S. Still, as time went on, it became steadily more obvious that the U.S. was not going to risk war with China, and the Chinese became steadily more arrogant in asserting control of the region.

With rampant poverty in the Philippines, and oil revenues seen as one of the few realistic hopes for correcting it, the Philippine government became steadily more desperate. In the wake of the success of Africa Feeds Africans, a charismatic new leader arose in the House of Representatives, and forced through a bill making it mandatory for the government to attempt to secure control of its undersea resources, through any means, including war.

The precise details of how combat began are lost, for there were no survivors of the first battle. What is known is that at some point on that fateful September day, guided missile frigates of the Chinese and Philippine navies exchanged missiles, leading to their mutual destruction. Within minutes, alarm bells were ringing not only around the South China Sea, but all around the world, for everyone knew that this conflict might escalate and implicate them somehow.

Sure enough, idealists of the AFA recognised the Philippine struggle as being inherently the same as the one they had just gone through in Africa, and within days volunteer corps from Africa and Europe were streaming to the East.....

Map: Philippines
Spoils: Escalating
Fog: Yes, enormous amounts of misinformation are spreading.
Reinforcements: Chained

I realize it's three weeks past the original deadline, so I don't expect to get Nostradamus credit for this one, but in case you don't have something better I thought I'd offer this up.

This is much better than what I was beginning to think of, so this will work fine. Well done once again, Dukasaur! =D>
It won't count for the Nostradamus Award but you will still get credit for yet another battle scenario! :)

I'll begin the next battle ASAP, either tonight or tomorrow. Thanks for staying patient everyone, it's been a busy past month for me.

March 7 Update

Postby WorldCup4James on Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:28 pm

Our seventh of eight battles is underway! Nearing the end of the tourney and the start of the Playoffs!

Another wonderful battle scenario composed by Dukasaur, =D>

Battle 7

I will post a standings board as soon as I find the time to create it (hopefully VERY soon ;) )

Re: A Chance to Write History: WWIII [Battle 7 of 8]

Postby chapcrap on Sun Mar 10, 2013 11:46 am

Someone missed an invite in one of my games.
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby WorldCup4James on Wed Mar 13, 2013 2:30 am

chapcrap wrote:Someone missed an invite in one of my games.

Yes, there are a total of 4 players who have dropped from play. I have posted in the Play-Now Thread for reserves and am working to replenish the field. Thanks, I'll be sending invites as soon as possible. :D

Postby mcshanester29 on Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:02 am

This tournament is now labeled "Needing Rescue". If it is not rescued within a week it will be considered abandoned.

If you are interested please check this section of the Tournament Handbook:

Rescued Tournaments Policy

Mcshanester29
Abandoned & Rescued Tournaments
Private mcshanester29

Re: A Chance to Write History: WWIII [Ongoing]

Postby mcshanester29 on Tue Apr 30, 2013 6:45 pm

Congratulations to Dukasaur for winning the Nostradamus Award!!! =D> =D> =D>

He has won three of the scenarios and with only one left there is no one else who can catch him!!
Private mcshanester29

Postby Dukasaur on Tue Apr 30, 2013 6:51 pm

mcshanester29 wrote:Congratulations to Dukasaur for winning the Nostradamus Award!!! =D> =D> =D>

He has wonwritten three of the scenarios and with only one left there is no one else who can catch him!!

Fixed, and thank you!

:D

In addition, I will have the honour of rescuing this tournament. Stay tuned for updates within the next few days!
Major Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby Dukasaur on Thu May 02, 2013 7:39 pm

I've begun work on writing Scenario 8, but first I should ask: does anybody else still want to take a shot at it?
Major Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby Dukasaur on Sun May 05, 2013 11:01 am

The drums of war are silent. After eight Major Battle and countless skirmishes, eleven hundred and twenty games in total, spread over 21 months of real time, our simulation of WW III is finally over!

Congratulations to the Confederation of Common Sense, winners of World War Three!

A big congrats to the Medal of Honor and tournament winner, uckuki!
=D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>

Kudos to thelord, who certainly gave uckuki a tough fight, keeping the best-of-seven final to a 4-3 squeeker! In addition, thelord also won more games in total than any other player in the tournament.

A special little pat on the back to myself for winning the Nostradamus GA. :ugeek:

A tip of the hat to the original organiser, WorldCup4James. Sorry that you couldn't stick around to finish it, but your creativity still shines thorough!
=D> =D>

A big THANK YOU to everyone who played, especially the many reserves who stepped forward to help plug holes left by departing players!

MOH Cup

show: semifinals

The finals begin!
link to view final seven games

show: matchups for moh cup

show: moh candidates

Battle 8 Results

show: post battle 8 MOH games

show: front 1

show: front 2

show: front 3

show: front 4

show: front 5

show: front 6

show: front 7

Once again we have an extremely close Battle! Alliance has won Fronts 1, 4, and 6, while Confederation has won Fronts 2, 3, and 5. Front 7 is at the tipping point, and will be decided by a single tiebreaking game between chidone and uk massive.

show: Post Battle 7 MOH games

Battle 7 results
Short version: So far, Alliance has won 2 fronts, Confederation has won on 1, but 4 fronts remain inconclusive as a result of people not joining games/dropping out.

I've put out a call for reserves, and expect to get the missing Battle 7 games started shortly.

show: Front 1

show: Front 2

show: Front 3

show: Front 4

show: Front 5

show: Front 6

show: Front 7

show: Training League Group

show: players sorted by total games played and games won in the entire tourney
Last edited by Dukasaur on Fri Sep 27, 2013 9:24 pm, edited 23 times in total.
Major Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby BunnRee on Sun May 05, 2013 6:05 pm

I received an email about this tourney but, I'm not in any of the teams. Was I eliminated early on? Bee
PAY ATTENTION! Squirrels and Rabbit Holes happen all the time. So, be on the lookout for unanticipated amazement and joy!
Cook BunnRee

Postby Dukasaur on Sun May 05, 2013 6:17 pm

BunnRee wrote:I received an email about this tourney but, I'm not in any of the teams. Was I eliminated early on? Bee

You were pretty damn lucky. You entered as a reserve in Scenario 2. (See here for the games you played) In only one scenario you qualified for the MOH finals (See Game 11102052) and don't have to play again until the final Playoff round.
Major Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby BunnRee on Sun May 05, 2013 6:22 pm

Dukasaur wrote:
BunnRee wrote:I received an email about this tourney but, I'm not in any of the teams. Was I eliminated early on? Bee

You were pretty damn lucky. You entered as a reserve in Scenario 2. (See here for the games you played) In only one scenario you qualified for the MOH finals (See Game 11102052) and don't have to play again until the final Playoff round.

Cool ... Just let me know when!
PAY ATTENTION! Squirrels and Rabbit Holes happen all the time. So, be on the lookout for unanticipated amazement and joy!
Cook BunnRee

Postby bahrain on Mon May 06, 2013 10:23 am

im in :)
Major bahrain

Postby DaveH on Mon May 06, 2013 10:25 am

In please Duke - any side
Corporal DaveH

PreviousNext

Return to Completed 2013