Conqueropoly [gameplay sketch/interest gague]

Have an idea for a map? Discuss ideas and concepts here.

Moderators: Cartographers, Global Moderators

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Conqueropoly [gameplay sketch/interest gague]

Postby ManBungalow on Tue Jan 01, 2013 5:45 pm

See the similar concept from a long time ago: viewtopic.php?f=63&t=65313#p1612889

Click image to enlarge.

Please don't move this to the map ideas area and I will be back with some more specific gameplay details soon.

So long as somebody is interested.

I realise that this is not a possessive cup of tea for everyone.
Last edited by ManBungalow on Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Brigadier ManBungalow

Medals: 84
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (4) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (2)
General Achievement (10) Clan Achievement (12) Tournament Contribution (3) General Contribution (6)

Re: Conqueropoly [gameplay sketch/interest gague]

Postby cairnswk on Tue Jan 01, 2013 5:58 pm

MB. I think this would work...
* if the values on XYZ were kept at a minimum so that other players could by-pass certain terts...perhaps allow 1,2,3,4,5,6 assault capabilities (as per the real game)
* perhaps get rid of the 3 corners as they are now and replace them with clockwise roundabouts (4 terts each corner)
* i think it could be a fun map :)
Corporal cairnswk

Medals: 50
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (2) Map Contribution (35) General Contribution (3)

Postby nicarus on Tue Jan 01, 2013 6:09 pm

great idea, hope this gets a lot of support :)
Lieutenant nicarus

Medals: 44
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (7) Clan Achievement (5)

Postby sempaispellcheck on Tue Jan 01, 2013 6:59 pm

If you could find some way to add the house/hotel idea to all that Gilligan had going on in his map, that might be cool.
That said, I can't wait to see what it looks like once you've fleshed it out.
Can you lead a nation to World Cup glory? Join the FCCFP!!
High score: 2007 - Jan. 1, 2014 - thanks to Game 13172870
Game 13890915 - in which I helped clinch the NC4 title for LHDD

Lieutenant sempaispellcheck
Tournament Director
Tournament Director

Location: Among the clouds and the skyscrapers, saving the world.
Medals: 59
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (1) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (3) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) General Achievement (4) Clan Achievement (5)
Training Achievement (1) Challenge Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (9) General Contribution (4)

Postby ManBungalow on Wed Jan 02, 2013 2:40 pm

Right, let me know if this makes sense to any of you:

Click image to enlarge.

I can't stress enough that this is a gameplay sketch. If approved, I will sort the graphics later. Oh, and the peppers etc. are there as gameplay holders too.

The starting regions are labeled 888 in red here, and should be distributed in such a way that no player ever starts with an entire set (I believe this is possible?).

And the rest are the proposed neutral values.

The grouping of the map names are quite arbitrary, but vaguely connected in style/size etc.
Brigadier ManBungalow

Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (4) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (2)
General Achievement (10) Clan Achievement (12) Tournament Contribution (3) General Contribution (6)

Postby TheSaxlad on Wed Jan 02, 2013 5:39 pm

As the previous person to have a go at this map- I say go for it :) and good luck to you
Image Caution: playing team games with TheSaxlad can lead to shortness of breath, high blood pressure and other-stress related illnesses!

Visit CC on Facebook and Twitter!
Lieutenant TheSaxlad

Medals: 51
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1) Tournament Achievement (2) General Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (4)
Tournament Contribution (1) General Contribution (3)

Postby generalhead on Wed Jan 02, 2013 6:46 pm

Awesome idea. It might be cool to have jail as super max prison riot.
It might be cool but would probably be too busy to have the pictures of the maps on their spaces.
Do you see the potential for deadlocks because this is a circular attacking board.
Is it possible that once the hotel is held you can attack any spot on the board.
Just and idea to think about.
What happens if you are in the development box and you colored set is broken, do those troops revert to neutral or does it stall until you can gain the colored set back?
Sergeant generalhead

Medals: 64
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (2) General Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (7) Challenge Achievement (1)
Tournament Contribution (14) General Contribution (1)

Postby nicarus on Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:03 pm

you could change the cars to subways that interconnected, that would break up the problem with deadlocks. the territories could be named after the rail maps, usa, africa, europe, austrailia.
Lieutenant nicarus

Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1)

Postby jonofperu on Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:14 pm

Awe, somebody beat me to it! Was just dreaming about this idea last night... before going to sleep. LOL
GL and awesome idea.
Colonel jonofperu

Medals: 58
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3) Trench Warfare Achievement (1)
Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1)
Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (4) General Achievement (6) Clan Achievement (12)
Training Achievement (1) Challenge Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (5)

Postby ManBungalow on Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:22 pm

nicarus wrote:you could change the cars to subways that interconnected, that would break up the problem with deadlocks. the territories could be named after the rail maps, usa, africa, europe, austrailia.

This is a great idea.

I was wondering about having the map images on each region. But, as I say, graphics can be dealt with in the future. Hopefully.
Brigadier ManBungalow

Postby ManBungalow on Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:25 pm

I was wondering about having some cards in the middle which can be attacked from the traditional card regions (which are currently peppers).

eg.
*a region (card) which says "advance to go", and attacks go.
*similarly, advance to Hive
*bank pays you dividend of +5 troops

etc

But I think the centre of the map is busy enough with the grids.

What say you?
Brigadier ManBungalow

Postby ManBungalow on Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:48 pm

generalhead wrote:A] Do you see the potential for deadlocks because this is a circular attacking board.
B] Is it possible that once the hotel is held you can attack any spot on the board.
C] What happens if you are in the development box and you colored set is broken, do those troops revert to neutral or does it stall until you can gain the colored set back?

A] Hopefully this is covered by cairns' ingenious idea of being able to move forward several spaces at a time (I've chosen 1, 2 or 3 spaces.

B] It is possible, but not an idea I really like.

C] This is covered in the essay of a legend - you need to hold all previous development layers and the coloured set of properties for the bonus of a given layer. If, for instance, an opponent takes one of your set, you'll still have whatever development regions you have taken, but won't be credited with a bonus for them.

sempaispellcheck wrote:If you could find some way to add the house/hotel idea to all that Gilligan had going on in his map, that might be cool.

I've checked back on Gilligan's map thread and there doesn't seem to be a house/hotel idea?
Brigadier ManBungalow

Postby ManBungalow on Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:50 pm

This is a tidied up version of the gameplay so far:

Click image to enlarge.

Let me know please if you understand everything in the legend. And on the image entirely, really.

To do:
Decide what to put into the currently empty card spaces. Among other things.
And try to regroup the region names (maps) so that each set can have a bonus name, rather than the arbitrary "yellow set". I'm thinking of having groups as such...
eg. Italy/England/France in the 'Europe' set
Montreal/Vancouver/NYC in the 'Cities' set
...and so on.
Brigadier ManBungalow

Postby sempaispellcheck on Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:59 pm

ManBungalow wrote:
sempaispellcheck wrote:If you could find some way to add the house/hotel idea to all that Gilligan had going on in his map, that might be cool.

I've checked back on Gilligan's map thread and there doesn't seem to be a house/hotel idea?

Right. What I meant was, it would be cool if you added your house/hotel idea to Gilligan's map - but you seem to have done that already.
Can you lead a nation to World Cup glory? Join the FCCFP!!
High score: 2007 - Jan. 1, 2014 - thanks to Game 13172870
Game 13890915 - in which I helped clinch the NC4 title for LHDD

Lieutenant sempaispellcheck
Tournament Director
Tournament Director

Location: Among the clouds and the skyscrapers, saving the world.
Medals: 59
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (1) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (3) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) General Achievement (4) Clan Achievement (5)
Training Achievement (1) Challenge Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (9) General Contribution (4)

Postby nicarus on Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:59 pm

if there is no reason to hold Jail, why would anyone take it if it has a -5 for holding it
Lieutenant nicarus

Next

Return to Melting Pot: Map Ideas