Conquer Club

Stalling in Freestyle

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

Stalling in Freestyle

Postby kmhebert on Wed Jan 02, 2013 1:57 am

So what is the policy on this? Is it against CC rules to finish my turns as fast as possible, then stall until I think my opponent is logged off? It sure seems to cause a lot of bad blood but everyone I know who plays freestyle, including myself, does this to try and gain an advantage,
Sergeant kmhebert

Re: Stalling in Freestyle

Postby NoSurvivors on Wed Jan 02, 2013 2:41 am

I think it's allowed :P
Colonel NoSurvivors

Postby kmhebert on Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:39 pm

I think it's allowed too but people complain about how cheap it is, I don't get it. To me it's part and parcel of a freestyle game, you get the advantage and then you sit on it? This is also why I don't play much freestyle, I don't like it when I am on the "wrong side" of it. But I don't complain because again, I expect it to happen.
Sergeant kmhebert

Postby skychaser on Wed Jan 02, 2013 3:09 pm

It's the way to win. Why would someone think it's not fair?
Colonel skychaser

Postby kmhebert on Wed Jan 02, 2013 5:22 pm

skychaser wrote:It's the way to win. Why would someone think it's not fair?

Heh not sure, ask b00060:

b00060 wrote:2013-01-01 02:42:28 - kmhebert: Happy New Year b0!
2013-01-01 19:23:24 - b00060: hey you too
2013-01-01 19:53:08 - b00060: ah I remember why i foed you now. When we were on together in the Xmas game I played you rt and then when you got control you slow played me just like this
2013-01-01 19:53:21 - b00060: well enjoy the cheap win. It will definitally be your last against me.
2013-01-02 10:34:44 - kmhebert: .
2013-01-02 11:37:07 - b00060: Ha and you stall again. No matter your cheap ass will lose. Such a fucking asshole. Oh and I am not watching the game, I have a speed bar that tells me when games are available asshole.

HA and let's also look at the chat from the Christmas game:
b00060 wrote:

2010-12-21 09:59:25 - kmhebert: Merry Christmas!
2010-12-21 09:59:45 - b00060: u2
2010-12-21 10:05:14 - kmhebert: OK I don't get it
2010-12-21 10:05:16 - kmhebert: HA another map
2010-12-21 10:22:22 - b00060: stalling when i didnt do that to you
2010-12-21 10:22:26 - b00060: kinda not cool
2010-12-21 10:36:25 - kmhebert: good game though
2010-12-21 10:36:30 - b00060: I will remmember how you played this cheap ass
2010-12-21 10:36:48 - kmhebert: did you get my PM?

Mind you this is a guy who is on my friends list and with whom I played with on the Grim Reapers for a couple years. He also plays a TIGHT freestyle match, hard to stall on him when he is watching games constantly. That to me is just as cheap as stalling; maybe it's subjective, I don't know. I just wanted to see if there was any official rule or policy against it. As simple strategy, it's dead simple common sense that this is what you want to do to win.
Sergeant kmhebert

Postby SirSebstar on Wed Jan 02, 2013 5:28 pm

kmhebert wrote:So what is the policy on this? Is it against CC rules to finish my turns as fast as possible, then stall until I think my opponent is logged off? It sure seems to cause a lot of bad blood but everyone I know who plays freestyle, including myself, does this to try and gain an advantage,

This is why freestyle sucks..

maybe if this truly is game and parcel to the game, we should just eliminate freestyle altogether....
But yea, clickies, a good connection, half a brain and all the time in the world really does change the game
Major SirSebstar

Location: SirSebstar is BACK. Highscore: Colonel Score: 2919 21/03/2011

Postby NoSurvivors on Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:48 am

Freestyle speed is the only really intense freestyle IMO. It takes skill.. Casual FS games... Not as much at all. B00b or w/e is a giant baby so don't worry about him lol. I played him and I played another turn before starting my next and he foed me for stalling for literally 5 minutes. He probably has the largest foe list on here. I wonder how he plays games with the whole if CC on his list.....

Anyhow on topic, it's not cheap, it's legal and the rest should stop being a bunch of whiners and either not play FS at all or play speed games. IF YOU REALKY WANT RT STOP BEING A CHEAP PERSON AND BUY PREMIUM TO PLAY SPEED. THAT'S THE ONLY WAY YOU CAN BE SURE.
Colonel NoSurvivors

Postby NoSurvivors on Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:51 am

SirSebstar wrote:we should just eliminate freestyle altogether....
But yea, clickies, a good connection, half a brain and all the time in the world really does change the game

1. I'm pretty sure you'd die with only half a brain.
2. Skill is a major factor in most freestyle games. You need to be good to be lucky enough to win, to some degree.
3. Before you talk bad about how we should delete FS ganes, think. A lot of players play FS for enjoyment. See my above post.
Colonel NoSurvivors

Postby macbone on Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:51 am

I dunno. If someone wants to play a real-time game with me, I'd like to think we're actually going to play, not stall to drag the game out. Seems kinda cheap to me. Beat someone because you're better than them, not because you bore them.
Colonel macbone

Postby Gillipig on Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:50 am

SirSebstar wrote:
kmhebert wrote:So what is the policy on this? Is it against CC rules to finish my turns as fast as possible, then stall until I think my opponent is logged off? It sure seems to cause a lot of bad blood but everyone I know who plays freestyle, including myself, does this to try and gain an advantage,

This is why freestyle sucks..

maybe if this truly is game and parcel to the game, we should just eliminate freestyle altogether....

Especially that.
AoG for President of the World!!
I promise he will put George W. Bush to shame!
Lieutenant Gillipig

Postby NoSurvivors on Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:33 pm

It's totally different if you promise RT, but otherwise it's acceptable for that setting.
Colonel NoSurvivors

Postby b00060 on Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:38 pm

It is cheap when you are playing a "friend" and you play them rt and do not stall and then the second they get control it is sleepy time when the entire game you did not take advantage of your ability to stall.
Major b00060

Postby MoB Deadly on Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:55 pm

Disclaimer: Freestyle noob.

What does stalling a game accomplish? I have always been curious? So that your opponent cannot start their turn immediately after you and hit end turn before you? So they cant play at the same time as you giving you an extra variable? So that you hope after you hit end turn they do not return for 12 hours and you get 2 turns in a row?

I have only ever played FS Speed pretty much, except for a game here and there.
Art by: codierose | High Score: 2550
Corporal 1st Class MoB Deadly

Postby darth emperor on Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:33 pm

Maybe is cheap, but even then is not against the rules. In my opinion, I don't consider it cheap, but I think that you spoil the fun of fs like that. That's why is better to play speed freestyles.

MoB Deadly wrote:Disclaimer: Freestyle noob.

What does stalling a game accomplish? I have always been curious? So that your opponent cannot start their turn immediately after you and hit end turn before you? So they cant play at the same time as you giving you an extra variable? So that you hope after you hit end turn they do not return for 12 hours and you get 2 turns in a row?

It doesn't go like that, imagine you are playing 1v1 freestyle, and both of you are logged at the same time. And let's say that both of you get 50 troops due every turn, and all your regions (and your opponents) has one region. So if you opponent wasn't online at that moment you could have use the 50 troops to kill him, but now as he also deploys 50, you both get your armies clash. So you decide to stall the game, for that you need to end your turn faster than your opponent, like that you'll be the first to play in the next round. After your opponent end his turn, he can not start his turn till you do, your opponent won't be waiting all the time.

So when his is offline, you start your turn deploy your 50, and kill him, because he is not online and therefore he cannot deploy his 50 troops to defend himself. And voilĂ  you won the game by stalling.
Sergeant 1st Class darth emperor

Postby SirSebstar on Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:44 am

yes

it is so the opponant cannot hit end turn before you and the therefor gets to move first, and maybe break your bonus. powerfull weapons. unethical i would say
Major SirSebstar

Postby kmhebert on Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:45 am

b00060 wrote:It is cheap when you are playing a "friend" and you play them rt and do not stall and then the second they get control it is sleepy time when the entire game you did not take advantage of your ability to stall.

HA I have stalled for 10 hours before but in our game it was like 2 minutes and you were complaining. Plus I had like 30 games going so I wasn't playing ours in RT at all. Sorry b0, but honestly if you hate it so much why not just play sequential? Especially on Feudal Epic, that map it matters little who starts first.
Sergeant kmhebert

Postby ZeekLTK on Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:34 am

darth emperor wrote:Maybe is cheap, but even then is not against the rules. In my opinion, I don't consider it cheap, but I think that you spoil the fun of fs like that. That's why is better to play speed freestyles.

It doesn't go like that, imagine you are playing 1v1 freestyle, and both of you are logged at the same time. And let's say that both of you get 50 troops due every turn, and all your regions (and your opponents) has one region. So if you opponent wasn't online at that moment you could have use the 50 troops to kill him, but now as he also deploys 50, you both get your armies clash. So you decide to stall the game, for that you need to end your turn faster than your opponent, like that you'll be the first to play in the next round. After your opponent end his turn, he can not start his turn till you do, your opponent won't be waiting all the time.

So when his is offline, you start your turn deploy your 50, and kill him, because he is not online and therefore he cannot deploy his 50 troops to defend himself. And voilĂ  you won the game by stalling.

And how is that fun? I'd think it'd be more fun to both be using the 50 at the same time to fight each other rather than being a pussy and attacking him when he can't defend himself.

But I guess that's probably why I don't play freestyle.
Lieutenant ZeekLTK

Postby SirSebstar on Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:25 am

i dont know for sure, but it has the same appeal as shooting bambi with a rocketlancher... might be fun once, but its best left imaginary
Major SirSebstar

Postby darth emperor on Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:55 am

ZeekLTK wrote:And how is that fun? I'd think it'd be more fun to both be using the 50 at the same time to fight each other rather than being a pussy and attacking him when he can't defend himself.

I never said that it's supposed to be fun. I completely agree with you, once I did foe someone for doing that, but not because I though of it as cheap tactic, but because he spoiled a very interesting game.
Sergeant 1st Class darth emperor

Return to Conquer Club Discussion