Conquer Club

HA's 200th Tourney (Josko.ri Wins)

Tournaments Completed in 2014.

Moderator: Tournament Directors

Re: HA's 200th Tourney--round25 waiting until after Christma

Postby codierose on Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:29 am

reptile wrote:
agentcom wrote:anyone wanna coordinate joining a foggy game with me? I wish there was a 12 hour rule in this one, and I'd love to be the first player. But for some reason I don't trust everyone to wait for me to get a snap! :D

On some maps it wouldn't really matter, but I see a foggy Stalingrad game that I'd like to join. Unfortunately, I'm not on a whole lot during the break, so I'm not sure whether this will work out. But just thought I'd try anyway.

Hey HA, any chance as we get further into the tourney and there's less players to keep track of that you'd be willing to do a fog rule?

usually i would love to, but already joined my 3... i am the same way, i always give the opponent a look if i join second and go first, but i dont trust anyone to do the same.

whats the point in having fog if its not fog just play sunny games
any ways i have played two won two one spot free if someone is short send me an invite
Major codierose

Postby reptile on Sun Dec 30, 2012 1:02 pm

Reptile advances Game 12106684
Major reptile

Postby agentcom on Sun Dec 30, 2012 5:33 pm

codierose wrote:
reptile wrote:
agentcom wrote:anyone wanna coordinate joining a foggy game with me? I wish there was a 12 hour rule in this one, and I'd love to be the first player. But for some reason I don't trust everyone to wait for me to get a snap! :D

On some maps it wouldn't really matter, but I see a foggy Stalingrad game that I'd like to join. Unfortunately, I'm not on a whole lot during the break, so I'm not sure whether this will work out. But just thought I'd try anyway.

Hey HA, any chance as we get further into the tourney and there's less players to keep track of that you'd be willing to do a fog rule?

usually i would love to, but already joined my 3... i am the same way, i always give the opponent a look if i join second and go first, but i dont trust anyone to do the same.

whats the point in having fog if its not fog just play sunny games
any ways i have played two won two one spot free if someone is short send me an invite

It's to have the fog apply equally to both players. Playing sunny isn't the same thing at all.

Well anyway, I joined the Stalingrad game: Game 12106674. If anyone wants to join it go ahead. I'd like to see the board though before you play :)
Colonel agentcom

Postby ElricTheGreat on Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:17 pm

Game 12106612 Round 8

Looks like I made it to the next round ...
Stormbringer is thirsty --- Thursting for YOUR Soul!
Captain ElricTheGreat
SoC Training Instructor
SoC Training Instructor

Postby HighlanderAttack on Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:54 pm

message just sent out:

General Roy
Dapp69er
Lascheves
The Voice
Tin Trumpet
Tviorr

You have not won a game this round. You may or may not be in games that have not started. They should delete any day now. Once they automatically delete you will be set up with random map match ups.

I am sending a message to other players who have less than three games to join, but that is no guarantee,

Remember not to join more than three games and good luck

If you are already in three games and they have started you may ignore this message
We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act but a habit.
Lieutenant HighlanderAttack

Re: HA's 200th Tourney--round25 winding down

Postby HighlanderAttack on Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:58 pm

There are still players needing to get games started. You have won a game in round 25 and do not need to do anything, but based on the stats you played less than two games in round 25 and can fill and try and knock someone out --if you have time.

Remember not to join more than three games this round in total

Thanks for any help.

Message sent to players with less than three games, but have won a game in round 25:

Xx TrustME xX
Codierose
Turu2001
Sbean
Dako
Iron Maid
.:|SALZ|:.
Shoop76
SirSebstar
Soka
Lord+Master
Demy7
Drunkmonkey
Darth emperor

Postby drunkmonkey on Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:01 am

I didn't check this post first, and joined a game with someone who's already on to the next round. I still have one game left, so wall me if you need an opponent. No specialty maps though.
Major drunkmonkey

Postby General Roy on Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:16 am

Game 12106618 finished with a win for me over lascheves.
Game 12106613 finished with a loss for me, win for sbean
Last game is Game 12106669, where I have a clear lead over dapp69er

But regardless how the last game goes, I'm progressing to the next round.

Thanks for a tourny that's gone much better for me than I expected when I joined.
Atom1: I've lost my electrons! Atom2: Are you sure? Atom1: Yes I'm positive
TODAY IS THE OLDEST YOU'VE EVER BEEN, YET THE YOUNGEST YOU'LL EVER BE, SO ENJOY THIS DAY WHILE IT LASTS.
Sergeant 1st Class General Roy

Re: HA's 200th Tourney--round 26 to start this weekend hopef

Postby HighlanderAttack on Fri Jan 04, 2013 6:04 am

round 26 to start this weekend hopefully---5 active games left--hopefully you all got your games in.

Postby HighlanderAttack on Fri Jan 04, 2013 6:07 am

drunkmonkey wrote:I didn't check this post first, and joined a game with someone who's already on to the next round. I still have one game left, so wall me if you need an opponent. No specialty maps though.

Thanks for helping--seems like the warning is helping to move things along at the end of the round--all those that play less than three games in a round are being helpful too to finish out the round.

I seem to be more interested in CC and have a decent amount of extra time this time of year so hopefully this will really run smooth from here on out

Postby HighlanderAttack on Fri Jan 04, 2013 6:10 am

I am one that believes in the courtesy of the 12 hour fog rule--but I am not going to enforce them in my tourneys. I think CC should have a button that says ready and that button is up for half of the first round until everyone is ready, but that is on CC

Postby General Roy on Fri Jan 04, 2013 6:30 am

HighlanderAttack wrote:

I am one that believes in the courtesy of the 12 hour fog rule--but I am not going to enforce them in my tourneys. I think CC should have a button that says ready and that button is up for half of the first round until everyone is ready, but that is on CC

I may have got the 12 hour fog rule explained in the past, but I can't quite remember. What does it actually mean, and what would be the point?

To me a rule regarding not attacking the first round, regardless of fog or not fog would make more sense, to give both players more of an equal chance. If a round is 24 hours, I can't see what difference 12 hours, 1 hour or 24 hours would do, especially if the players are in different time zones.

Roy
TODAY IS THE OLDEST YOU'VE EVER BEEN, YET THE YOUNGEST YOU'LL EVER BE, SO ENJOY THIS DAY WHILE IT LASTS.

Postby HighlanderAttack on Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:33 am

General Roy wrote:
HighlanderAttack wrote:

I may have got the 12 hour fog rule explained in the past, but I can't quite remember. What does it actually mean, and what would be the point?

To me a rule regarding not attacking the first round, regardless of fog or not fog would make more sense, to give both players more of an equal chance. If a round is 24 hours, I can't see what difference 12 hours, 1 hour or 24 hours would do, especially if the players are in different time zones.

Roy

The rule is a courtesy to let everyone in the game at least see the drop before someone takes a turn. No other game that I know starts where you do not know where you started. If you don't see the drop and someone takes territs there is no way for you to know where YOU started. 12 hours just gives people time to see their own drop--nothing more--It is a good sportsmanship thing to do. Personally I avoid joining any fog game first, but after I do join I sent the player a wall or communicate in the game for a response before taking a turn--unless I have to take that turn as my time would run out or I won't be on line.

Postby HighlanderAttack on Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:33 am

I have my Don't Blink manual tourney series going again. I plan on posting them frequently so if you like real quick tourneys go join

Postby General Roy on Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:46 am

HighlanderAttack wrote: The rule is a courtesy to let everyone in the game at least see the drop before someone takes a turn. No other game that I know starts where you do not know where you started. If you don't see the drop and someone takes territs there is no way for you to know where YOU started. 12 hours just gives people time to see their own drop--nothing more--It is a good sportsmanship thing to do. Personally I avoid joining any fog game first, but after I do join I sent the player a wall or communicate in the game for a response before taking a turn--unless I have to take that turn as my time would run out or I won't be on line.

This was news to me, and I cannot remember any foggy games where that rule has been followed. But then most of my foggy games have been on maps where the rule would not have made any difference, like Age Of Realms 2: Magic or Feudal Epic. I have tried a few on the Classic map, but usually foggy games on that map goes very badly for me, regardless of this rule or not.

But it was nice to know about it, and it makes sense. I will try to remember if I play any foggy games where I can attack my opponent in the first round.

Postby HighlanderAttack on Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:49 am

General Roy wrote:
HighlanderAttack wrote: The rule is a courtesy to let everyone in the game at least see the drop before someone takes a turn. No other game that I know starts where you do not know where you started. If you don't see the drop and someone takes territs there is no way for you to know where YOU started. 12 hours just gives people time to see their own drop--nothing more--It is a good sportsmanship thing to do. Personally I avoid joining any fog game first, but after I do join I sent the player a wall or communicate in the game for a response before taking a turn--unless I have to take that turn as my time would run out or I won't be on line.

This was news to me, and I cannot remember any foggy games where that rule has been followed. But then most of my foggy games have been on maps where the rule would not have made any difference, like Age Of Realms 2: Magic or Feudal Epic. I have tried a few on the Classic map, but usually foggy games on that map goes very badly for me, regardless of this rule or not.

But it was nice to know about it, and it makes sense. I will try to remember if I play any foggy games where I can attack my opponent in the first round.

It is just a courtesy, not an official rule of any kind. I have followed this rule for about two years now.

Postby HighlanderAttack on Sun Jan 13, 2013 8:12 am

A slight delay--I was sick all week with no energy for much. I should have the next round going by Tuesday--anyone who wants to post maps and settings I will take them after this post

Postby SirSebstar on Sun Jan 13, 2013 9:07 am

King's Court II with no spoils, fog, sequential please
Major SirSebstar

Location: SirSebstar is BACK. Highscore: Colonel Score: 2919 21/03/2011

Postby josko.ri on Sun Jan 13, 2013 9:21 am

Hive, no spoils, adjacent, sunny please
Major josko.ri

Postby General Roy on Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:14 am

My preferred setups are as follows:
Classic, sunny, escalating,
Feudal Epic, foggy, trench. escalating or no spoil
Age of Realms 2: Magic, foggy trench. escalating or no spoil

Postby drunkmonkey on Sun Jan 13, 2013 1:25 pm

Why not...Three Kingdoms of Korea, no spoils, chained, foggy ;)
Major drunkmonkey

Postby Dako on Sun Jan 13, 2013 4:05 pm

Random E C S
Colonel Dako

Postby Tviorr on Sun Jan 13, 2013 7:23 pm

Good luck to those remaining.

Im out after 3 games of somewhat poor playing on my part. Had at least a couple of chances to get one or two of my games going, but miscalculated, misunderstood or just picked the wrong strategy.

I had fun, though and got somewhat further than I really expected.

Im assuming there are still freemiums and first time tourney entries left, but just in case, I think I qualify as a freemium as I played the first half or so as such then got gifted by my guild leader with some premium and this was my first tourney, so if noone else is left or I have time to get my chainsaw and cut their web-connections, let me know ;-)

Thx for a great tourney HA.
PM me for an invite to Ikariam, a balanced strategy MMORPG centered on a city-based empire. Help and extra resources from me and an extra tradships and a small science bonus to both of us if you do :-)
Major Tviorr

Postby ElricTheGreat on Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:17 am

WWII Western Front --- Flat, Sunny, chained

Canada --- Flat, Sunny, chained
Stormbringer is thirsty --- Thursting for YOUR Soul!
Captain ElricTheGreat
SoC Training Instructor
SoC Training Instructor

Postby agentcom on Tue Jan 15, 2013 2:51 pm

Tviorr wrote:Good luck to those remaining.

Im out after 3 games of somewhat poor playing on my part. Had at least a couple of chances to get one or two of my games going, but miscalculated, misunderstood or just picked the wrong strategy.

I had fun, though and got somewhat further than I really expected.

Im assuming there are still freemiums and first time tourney entries left, but just in case, I think I qualify as a freemium as I played the first half or so as such then got gifted by my guild leader with some premium and this was my first tourney, so if noone else is left or I have time to get my chainsaw and cut their web-connections, let me know ;-)

Thx for a great tourney HA.

You'll be missed Tviorr. It was great talking to you in this thread :)

Oh, and I started as freemium and am on to the next round :D

Map request:

Stalingrad, foggy, chained, no spoils

I want to make up for the loss last round :)
Colonel agentcom

PreviousNext

Return to Completed 2014