Conquer Club

CC Dispatch [Issue 86: 1-1-2013] Lucky for some!

All issues of the newsletter.

Moderator: Community Team

CC Dispatch [Issue 86: 1-1-2013] Lucky for some!

Postby thehippo8 on Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:21 am

Welcome Comrades to the 86th edition of the Dispatch :)

For those of you who don't know, thehippo8 is actually a Kiwi. Along with the usual trappings of an idyllic life in a Pacific Island it is currently summer. We have a saying - "Island time" - which pretty much means "don't fret, we'll get there" ... but can also be translated as "you can push me as much as you like but you're not going to get me to go any quicker and you're going to end up with a sore hand"!! So laziness, sunshine, imbibing and general frolicking have all had their own way in delaying this issue by a whole two days! Sure, the fact that the rest of the team have been hit by a severe case of New-Year-itis has nothing to do with it! But, here we are - minus an interview and with a shortened Foundry section - and we ready to entertain you!

Freestyle has a Mafia update and a new column - Dear Aunt Squishy ... now you can really get that problem off your chest! Leeharsneaks in from Swasiland to give us an update in clans (which seems strangely appropriate). Interestingly enough, numerology has it that 2013 is the year of love - not personal - but for family, society and clans ... time to get your clan on! My hat goes off to Dukasaur who has pulled out a veritable smorgasbord of reading pleasure for you in all things related to Tournaments. I don't want to jump the gun but we have some Breaking News - check it out! koontz1973 does a retrospective and it's time for the 2013 Map Awards ... have your say (one way or the other) and help dole out both GA medals and premium. Finally, I bring you a lesson from Hardattack on how to pay Baltic Crusades (yes, it actually works), team up with Macbone to bring a quick update on SoC (often promised until now not delivered) and Dukasaur talks about ... well read it, it's a proud moment! So, all-in-all this is as action-a-packed issue as we ever had. And yes, we will bring you that CC interview with Cairnswk next issue!

And thus we enter 2013 proper. Now, assuming that the birthdate of CC is 3 January 2006 (yes - that's exactly 7 years ago ... spooky), we get this (according to this website:

To learn forecast for 2013 is for you, you need to calculate your destiny number. For CC (given the date of birth 03.01.2006, the calculation is 0+3+0+1+2+0+0+6= 12 = 1+2 = 3) your magic number is 3, which leads us to:

Feel that the rapid flow of life does not make it. But if you show perseverance, patience and ingenuity, you can slowly but surely fulfill all obligations. For number 3 – the year of change, but only those that have been planned in advance.

Well, that's telling us isn't it! Best wishes to you all and enjoy the fruits of our labouring fingers.

thehippo8
Chief Executive

If you would like to apply to join the news team, please visit the thread below for more details! :)

Click here for Recruitment Details...

While safariguy5 takes a well-earned break I've snuck in here to do another Scum insider. Love that mafia! As you can see in this issue, we could do with a little bit of help here. I'm beginning to feel like a circus performer again :lol: Freestyle is a great place to have your one off creative talents given a whirl (assuming they are CC related of course). Speaking of which, welcome one and all to Aunt Squishy. PM SguishyQ or me with any questions you need to get off your chest (discretion almost assured).

You Stay Classy, CC.

thehippo8
Floating Freestyle Executive

The Scum Insider by thehippo8
show

Dear Aunt Squishy by SquishyG
show

It's still Holiday Season (Indeed I'm currently bringing you this section from vacation in the mountainous surrounds of M_ab_ne - GA Medal for whoever can guess correctly where that is :)Nah, just kidding, I got no authority for that :p), so bare bones this issue in clans, but look to feature articles galore in the coming weeks!

If you have any highlights on 2012 for your clan, or thoughts for upcoming goals in 2012, please do share them with us and the rest of the CC community!

Leehar
Clan Executive

Updates
show

Hello again my friends, and welcome to your favorite part of the Newsletter, "War Games", where you can find information about CC Tournaments!

One thing you will find in this issue is generalhead's Showcase of Tournament Directors. (Simultaneously, there is a new omnibus list of List of Moderators and Their Responsibilities over in the main forum, but what generalhead has done goes beyond that.) A small, simple, and yet very effective questionnaire was sent out to all the TDs, and the answers tell you a fair bit about what who the TDs are and what they do. At least a couple of them mentioned things that were news to me, so I definitely suggest you check it out.

CC's most prolific and second-most prolific TOs, Merch313 and HA respectively, both created some late-breaking news, and I've added a prediction about CC's third-most prolific TO as well. Have a look at my Late-breaking News article!

A major chapter in CC tournament history has closed, as the FIRST season of the TPA has finally ended. I will let DaveH tell you all about it in his TPA Wrap, but for now let me say that a certain former War Games reporter is the ultimate winner! Congratulations to that certain former War Games reporter! Although he's inactive on CC at the moment, I'm sure he'll be back one day.

WorldCup4James brings you Join This? Or Not! which as you know is the longest-running series in the whole CC Dispatch! It will give you some interesting ideas of new tournaments to join. And while we're on the subject of tournaments to join, let me abuse my personal privilege here and remind you about my Favourite Way for the World to End! tournament. If you haven't looked at it yet, please do, and if you've already signed up, then thank you, and now grab a friend and tell them about it!

Dukasaur
Tournament Executive

Showcase of Tournament Directors by generalhead
show

Late-Breaking News - Top Three TOs by Dukasaur
show

Tournament Tips by DaveH
show: Secrets of Game Finder

TPA Wrap by DaveH
show

Join This? Or Not! by WorldCup4James
show

Normal service will resume next issue. :P

koontz1973 -- Foundry Executive

Retrospective of the year by koontz1973
show

Map Awards 2013
show

Welcome one and all to another helping of Strategy.

This is the stuff that's important, so listen up!!

This issue Hardattack shares his wisdom on Baltic Crusades - do what he says, it works and it turns this map into fun with a capital F! For those of you looking for an easy GA medal, please get acquanted with the maps in this Collected Wisdom series and go ahead and send your entries into the Official Guides - they need to be done and you get something out of it too. Macbone and his team will hopefully be bringing me regular updates from the trials, tribulations, hilarity and dispair that makes up the training ground in the Society of Cooks. This is just a teaser, but if any of you want to get involved then feel free to PM me your thoughts too! Speaking of getting involved, Dukasaur also takes this opportunity to update on the first graduates from SoC Team Training - well done all =D> And no doubt you will be shortly joined by many more!

Stay clever!

thehippo8
Temporary Strategy Executive

Collected Wisdom: Hardattack on Baltic Crusades by thehippo8
show

Brief SoCs by thehippo8 and macbone
show

First SoC Team Trainee Graduates by Dukasaur
show

Stay Tuned for the next issue of the ConquerClub Dispatch for an interrogation of cairnswk. Interrogation with cairnswk

Submitting Your Own Articles

If you have a story you think the ConquerClub Community would find interesting, you can submit your articles to Victor Sullivan and you may just see your article published in the Newsletter!

Subscription

Did you enjoy this Issue? Have you subscribed to the Newsletter yet?

If you want each and every issue of the ConquerClub Dispatch delivered right into your Inbox, then Subscribe Here!

ConquerClub Dispatch Team

ImageImageImage
show
Corporal 1st Class thehippo8

Re: CC Dispatch [Issue 86: 1-1-2013] Lucky for some!

Postby Gillipig on Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:41 am

Where's cairns interview?
AoG for President of the World!!
I promise he will put George W. Bush to shame!
Lieutenant Gillipig

Postby Swifte on Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:16 pm

Gillipig wrote:Where's cairns interview?

Must be on vacation too! :lol:
Colonel Swifte

Postby TheSaxlad on Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:51 pm

Swifte wrote:

First Paragraph :P

TheHippo8 wrote:But, here we are - minus an interview and with a shortened Foundry section - and we ready to entertain you!

I can think of some other things on vacation too ;) :P
Image Caution: playing team games with TheSaxlad can lead to shortness of breath, high blood pressure and other-stress related illnesses!

Visit CC on Facebook and Twitter!
Corporal TheSaxlad

Postby cairnswk on Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:04 pm

Swifte wrote:

NO. cairns is not on vacation if you care to drop into the Foundry....i am very active at present which is far from what the Mods in the foundry are.
If you also examine the forum front page, you'll find the questions for the dispatch interview are still active and i have been given no deadline despite a PM to safariguy5 (which has been read) asking when the deadline is. :roll:
* Pearl Harbour * Waterloo * Forbidden City * Jamaica * Pot Mosbi
Private cairnswk

Postby Swifte on Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:25 pm

cairnswk wrote:
Swifte wrote:

NO. cairns is not on vacation if you care to drop into the Foundry....i am very active at present which is far from what the Mods in the foundry are.
If you also examine the forum front page, you'll find the questions for the dispatch interview are still active and i have been given no deadline despite a PM to safariguy5 (which has been read) asking when the deadline is. :roll:

sorry cairns, i didn't mean that as any offense towards you. I was just making a joke on hippo's intro about everything being on vacation... not trying to direct blame at anyone.
Colonel Swifte

Postby cairnswk on Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:36 pm

Swifte wrote:...
sorry cairns, i didn't mean that as any offense towards you. I was just making a joke on hippo's intro about everything being on vacation... not trying to direct blame at anyone.

Swifte, none taken :) but simply wanted to make it clear i was far from on vacation ;)
* Pearl Harbour * Waterloo * Forbidden City * Jamaica * Pot Mosbi
Private cairnswk

Postby Ffraid on Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:00 pm

Leehar, were you serious about the GA medal?

You are in Mbabane, Swaziland.
Colonel Ffraid

Postby Dukasaur on Fri Jan 04, 2013 2:43 am

Cogito ergo sum.
Major Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby Leehar on Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:21 am

Ffraid wrote:Leehar, were you serious about the GA medal?

lol, for the most part that was in jest (as illustrated in my small text disclaimer ;) ) just to see if anyone even read my column, specially since it not being cc-related doesn't fall in our purview.
However, if there is interest, It's certainly something to look into, just have to find a way to relate it more closely with things within the realm of clans a bit more. (Any volunteers?)

With regards to the cairns interview confusion, I'm sure it partly stems from the mix-up in Dispatch titles. In the homepage it's "Q's for Cairns" while here in the thread it's "Lucky for some"
Unfortunately, safari has been somewhat indisposed over the holidays so he wasn't able to close up and send the interview to cairns in time!

Thankfully, there's a nice feature from Squishy that should be continuing regularly so I look forward to hearing more from the hearts and minds of our readers! :)
show
Colonel Leehar

Postby Ffraid on Fri Jan 04, 2013 3:41 pm

Leehar wrote:
Ffraid wrote:Leehar, were you serious about the GA medal?

lol, for the most part that was in jest (as illustrated in my small text disclaimer ;) ) just to see if anyone even read my column, specially since it not being cc-related doesn't fall in our purview.
However, if there is interest, It's certainly something to look into, just have to find a way to relate it more closely with things within the realm of clans a bit more. (Any volunteers?)

Lol, wow, talk about small print! Is that what those dots were? Even when I magnify them, they're still just dots. However, if I quote the newsletter, I can see that you (clearly?) state that you're just kidding. Funny. :)

Congrats on your graduation, btw. Mbabane looks nice. Hope you had fun.
Colonel Ffraid

Return to Newsletter Issues