Conquer Club

Foed list?

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

Re: Foed list?

Postby Gillipig on Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:38 am

elbitjusticiero wrote:
GeneralRisk wrote:
Funkyterrance wrote:
GeneralRisk wrote:

Seriously though, how many think that a foed list is more of a reflection of the owner than those on the list? :-k

( ... more posts by assholes bragging about foeing everyone for silly reasons ... )

Quod erat demonstrandum. ;)

What do you think about people with good reason to foe, who yet do not?
AoG for President of the World!!
I promise he will put George W. Bush to shame!
Lieutenant Gillipig

Postby premio53 on Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:31 am

To me the foe list is simply a tool to make CC more enjoyable. Sometimes on say 5 minute speed games, if I have a very good first round my opponent will simply give some snide remark and abandon the game to start another one. What is so difficult about finishing a speed game? On occasion my opponent will start cursing and saying some unpleasant things about me. Why would I wish to continue playing someone like that when there are literally thousands of other people I can play against? Concerning Megeplunka69 I recall having a difficult time trying to get a particular crossmap and every game I started he would join so I temporarily foed him to get a different opponent. I can understand his hurt feelings. The bottom line is many take the foe list too seriously. I'm sure someone has placed me on it but even if I made a habit of joining games, what's the big deal if someone wishes to skip me and play someone else? Foe anyone you don't wish to play against and respect those who don't wish to play against you. After all, it is only a game.
Lieutenant premio53

Postby GeneralRisk on Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:51 am

Gillipig wrote:
elbitjusticiero wrote:
GeneralRisk wrote:
Funkyterrance wrote:
GeneralRisk wrote:

Seriously though, how many think that a foed list is more of a reflection of the owner than those on the list? :-k

( ... more posts by assholes bragging about foeing everyone for silly reasons ... )

Quod erat demonstrandum. ;)

What do you think about people with good reason to foe, who yet do not?
Stupid?
Major GeneralRisk

Postby kuma32478 on Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:46 am

I have zero. I don't see the point. I'll play with anyone.
Private 1st Class kuma32478

Postby elbitjusticiero on Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:33 pm

Gillipig wrote:What do you think about people with good reason to foe, who yet do not?

I admire them. You have to admit that those people have a great presence of character... ;) That's why I am trying to be one of them, with just one exception. Look at my profile and you'll see my new foeing policy, that I borrowed from another user (I can't remember who s/he was).

The exception comes from the fact that I don't like to turn the other cheek, and if you foe me so that I can't join your games, you shouldn't be able to join mine either. It's just fair, eh?
Sergeant elbitjusticiero

Postby Funkyterrance on Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:50 pm

betiko wrote:i have around 100 foes. People who don't know how to play and ruin games, people who have a terrible attitude in chat... Good enough reasons to get rid of them!

never foed anyone because of forum arguments though. Does anyone do it?

Neitszche foed me because of forum arguments.
Colonel Funkyterrance

Postby premio53 on Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:54 pm

elbitjusticiero wrote:
Gillipig wrote:What do you think about people with good reason to foe, who yet do not?

I admire them. You have to admit that those people have a great presence of character... ;) That's why I am trying to be one of them, with just one exception. Look at my profile and you'll see my new foeing policy, that I borrowed from another user (I can't remember who s/he was).

The exception comes from the fact that I don't like to turn the other cheek, and if you foe me so that I can't join your games, you shouldn't be able to join mine either. It's just fair, eh?

So when someone calls you an SOB, constantly complains and deadbeats out of a game, you are showing "a great presence of character" by continuing to allow them to sit at your table? OK
Lieutenant premio53

Postby Dukasaur on Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:02 pm

I have a grand total of six foes.

Four are for breaking truces in games, the only reason I've ever foed people in game. Bad play alone is no reason to foe someone. Their bad play might benefit me as often as hurt me; why would I throw out the baby with the bath water? Only breaking truces is something that I don't want to get nailed by twice.

Two are because they were raising my blood pressure too much in Off-Topics. I'm almost fifty, I was a chain smoker for thirty of those years, and I'm overweight, so I have to watch my heart. I respect their right to have their own stupid opinions, but my health requires me to not see them.
Major Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby elbitjusticiero on Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:26 pm

premio53 wrote:So when someone calls you an SOB, constantly complains and deadbeats out of a game, you are showing "a great presence of character" by continuing to allow them to sit at your table? OK

Well, that must be the prime example of "presence of character" indeed, don't you think? :D

Anyway, I'm not saying that everyone should act the same way I do, I only say that I admire the temperance of those people and try to emulate their almost-Zen attitude.
Sergeant elbitjusticiero

Postby premio53 on Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:41 pm

elbitjusticiero wrote:
premio53 wrote:So when someone calls you an SOB, constantly complains and deadbeats out of a game, you are showing "a great presence of character" by continuing to allow them to sit at your table? OK

Well, that must be the prime example of "presence of character" indeed, don't you think? :D

Anyway, I'm not saying that everyone should act the same way I do, I only say that I admire the temperance of those people and try to emulate their almost-Zen attitude.

I would say that one of the biggest problems of society today is there are no consequences to actions people take. "I'm OK, you're OK."
Lieutenant premio53

Postby Gillipig on Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:14 pm

Funkyterrance wrote:
betiko wrote:i have around 100 foes. People who don't know how to play and ruin games, people who have a terrible attitude in chat... Good enough reasons to get rid of them!

Very petty of him. You're not even a talented debater! But then again, neither is he :P!
AoG for President of the World!!
I promise he will put George W. Bush to shame!
Lieutenant Gillipig

Postby Funkyterrance on Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:50 pm

Gillipig wrote:
Funkyterrance wrote:

Very petty of him. You're not even a talented debater! But then again, neither is he :P!

I won't argue but it stands to reason, considering the result, that I am at least a better debater than neitszche.
Colonel Funkyterrance

Postby elbitjusticiero on Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:21 pm

premio53 wrote:I would say that one of the biggest problems of society today is there are no consequences to actions people take. "I'm OK, you're OK."

Oh, I agree, of course. But there's also that old adage: "Pick your battles". My mental sanity requires that I mostly don't give a f*ck. ;)
Sergeant elbitjusticiero

Previous

Return to Conquer Club Discussion