Conquer Club

Conqueror Medal

Suggestions that have been archived.

Moderator: Community Team

Re: Conqueror medal or trophy

Postby Blitzaholic on Mon Oct 26, 2009 1:44 pm

I did suggest this idea way back about a year ago, and never happened, maybe in the short future it could be added.

site doubled huh? wow
General Blitzaholic

Postby demonfork on Mon Oct 26, 2009 1:46 pm

Blitzaholic wrote:I did suggest this idea way back about a year ago, and never happened, maybe in the short future it could be added.

site doubled huh? wow

Not the site doubled...the money that he makes off of all his business dealings doubled.

If that's not incentive enough for Lack add a conqueror trophy/medal then I don't know what is.
Sergeant 1st Class demonfork

Postby AAFitz on Mon Oct 26, 2009 2:14 pm

demonfork wrote:
Blitzaholic wrote:I did suggest this idea way back about a year ago, and never happened, maybe in the short future it could be added.

site doubled huh? wow

Not the site doubled...the money that he makes off of all his business dealings doubled.

If that's not incentive enough for Lack add a conqueror trophy/medal then I don't know what is.

Well, just to be clear. A doubling of users does not at all mean a doubling of profit. Obviously, expenses grow as the business grows. And to be honest, there are 19 of you that want a medal... I think you deserve one...but you have to be honest, there are a great number of things that take priority...and seriously...your new passion is nice and all, but had you never reached the goal, would you even care at all?? Maybe, but somehow your immediacy on this subject is just a bit well...obvious.
I'm Spanking Monkey now....err...I mean I'm a Spanking Monkey now...that shoots milk
Too much. I know.
Sergeant 1st Class AAFitz

Postby TheSpaceCowboy on Mon Oct 26, 2009 2:26 pm

I will never be conqueror, but I think it would be nice to have this distinction. It would impact everyone that these past conquerors play.

For example, any time you play, and especially defeat, a former conqueror, it is noteworthy.

Also, if you have not been a member of the site for some time, it would help you out with the history of the site and who was dominant in the early times, etc.

I think anytime you beat a conqueror in a game, you feel really good about it. This feeling could be expanded with the medal that denotes anyone who has held that rank. We would all win.

A friend of mine beat JR in a game and thought it was no big deal until I told him that JR was a former Conqueror. Now that victory means something more.

This would be a great add on!
Iacta Alea Est
Brigadier TheSpaceCowboy

Postby AndyDufresne on Mon Oct 26, 2009 5:41 pm

Something like this may get added whenever medals get updated/new additions come (which will probably be a while from now consider we just had an update). There are plans for at least one more planned update to medals that I know of (though probably more in the distant future as well).

--Andy
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne

Postby Queen_Herpes on Sun Nov 08, 2009 11:02 pm

demonfork wrote:Concise description:
  • A medal or trophy for those that have reached the rank of conqueror

Specifics:
  • What competition doesn't reward #1 with a trophy, ring, bracelet or some kind of token of greatness?

This will improve the following aspects of the site:
  • Give those that have made it to the #1 spot a nice warm fuzzy feeling inside.
  • Give those that dream of one day becoming #1 some extra incentive for giving it a go.

I'd like to add to this that the medal would be awarded daily - assuming the conqueror is still the conqueror at the end of the day. I'm not familiar with how the "Tournament Victory" Medals are awarded, but my suggestion here is similar to the Tournametn Victory Medals that have been awarded to players who have won more than one tournament. Essentially it allows us to see how many days a player has been conqueror whilst giving the medal to the conqueror. Ergo, I think this affects lots of people as there are a lot of people who pay attention to who is the conqueror and whether or not he/she has been dethroned.

I saw a post a while back from a guy who listed all of the conquerors thus far. Would save historically interested people like me from having to search for that old post about who has been conqueror.
Lieutenant Queen_Herpes

Re: Platinum medal

Postby Metsfanmax on Thu Mar 24, 2011 11:59 am

Why a medal for the former conquerors? Isn't being listed in one of Blitz's threads enough? :P
Sergeant 1st Class Metsfanmax

Postby Gillipig on Thu Mar 24, 2011 12:13 pm

Metsfanmax wrote:Why a medal for the former conquerors? Isn't being listed in one of Blitz's threads enough? :P

There should be a medal for that! I mean it's at least medal worthy! You get a medal for a lot of easy things (like winning 20 standard games) but not for the hardest of all that fewest players have pulled off, sitting atop the scoreboard!
Lieutenant Gillipig

Postby Metsfanmax on Thu Mar 24, 2011 12:17 pm

Gillipig wrote:
Metsfanmax wrote:Why a medal for the former conquerors? Isn't being listed in one of Blitz's threads enough? :P

There should be a medal for that! I mean it's at least medal worthy! You get a medal for a lot of easy things (like winning 20 standard games) but not for the hardest of all that fewest players have pulled off, sitting atop the scoreboard!

I agree, it is medal worthy. Another cool idea would be if former Conquerors got a special rank insignia that designated that at one time they were on top, even if they're not currently on top.
Sergeant 1st Class Metsfanmax

Re: Medal Suggestion List [Submitted - Darwins_Bane]

Postby Gillipig on Sat Mar 26, 2011 4:45 am

I don't know if it's to late to add anything to the suggestion list (I think it is though ;) ) but if it isn't I'd like to suggest awarding everyone who's been conqueror a special medal! Being conqueror is the hardest feat on Conquer Club yet those who become it doesn't get a medal for it! Defeating 20 players in standard games grants you a medal but having the highest score of everyone on the site doesn't :-s !? It'll also be easier to recognize past conquerors and give them credit for their incredible feat!!
Lieutenant Gillipig

Postby lordhaha on Sat Apr 02, 2011 5:20 pm

Then maybe a medal for no spoils then for escalating then for flat rate then turning up on a monday then tuseday blah blah blah!!!! Where will it end sounds like blitz top 5 crap :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
Lieutenant lordhaha

Postby Gillipig on Sun Apr 03, 2011 1:23 am

lordhaha wrote:Then maybe a medal for no spoils then for escalating then for flat rate then turning up on a monday then tuseday blah blah blah!!!! Where will it end sounds like blitz top 5 crap :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Players get a medal for winning 20 standard games so we can make a case for everything :) ! The easiest thing on CC warrants a medal so why shouldn't things like winning X amount of no spoils games? Though I'm not for a turning up on Monday medal :lol: !
Lieutenant Gillipig

Postby Funkyterrance on Wed Apr 13, 2011 1:22 pm

The conqueror title is ephemeral in nature and I think it should remain that way. It doesn't seem like it should be the sort of thing that you can put on your mantle like a T-ball trophy.
Colonel Funkyterrance

Postby lackattack on Thu Oct 20, 2011 2:58 pm

Merged duplicate suggestions
Sergeant lackattack

Postby comic boy on Thu Oct 20, 2011 3:28 pm

So when do I get my medal :D
Im a TOFU miSfit
Brigadier comic boy

Postby demonfork on Thu Oct 20, 2011 5:02 pm

lackattack wrote:Merged duplicate suggestions

So how about it lack? Do you see a Conq medal in our future?

Postby TheForgivenOne on Thu Oct 20, 2011 6:37 pm

demonfork wrote:

Voices in the wind are telling me it's a possibility.
Game 1675072
2018-08-09 16:02:06 - Mageplunka69: its jamaica map and TFO that keep me on this site
Major TheForgivenOne

Re: Former Conqueror Symbol

Postby rhp 1 on Thu Oct 20, 2011 7:25 pm

Jeff Hardy wrote:there should just be a highest rank thing on peoples profile, is theyve been conquerer it would show up there

PERFECT... then you could see if someone point dumped before you join the game also... lol
Lieutenant rhp 1

Location: IF YOU HAVE NO CLUE WHAT YOU'RE DOING, IT IS BEST TO DO IT....... QUICKLY

Postby jgordon1111 on Thu Oct 20, 2011 9:55 pm

not anywhere near ever becoming conqueror, but so far all suggestions as to why it be awarded seem to have merit. I would vote for it. Or would enjoy knowing which of the players I have beat are current or former conqueror's. I know of 2 so far.
Private jgordon1111

Postby demonfork on Thu Oct 20, 2011 11:57 pm

TheForgivenOne wrote:
demonfork wrote:

Voices in the wind are telling me it's a possibility.

Awesome! I can't wait to get mine....Thanks lack!

Postby jefjef on Fri Oct 21, 2011 1:50 am

There really should be a Conquerors award. Something really cool. Though I would stipulate that in order for it to be awarded the recipient has to have never been found guilty of farming and would need to have a rating of 4.4 or higher.
This post was made by jefjef who should be on your ignore list.
drunkmonkey wrote:I'm filing a C&A report right now. Its nice because they have a drop-down for "jefjef".
Colonel jefjef

Postby chapcrap on Fri Oct 21, 2011 1:55 am

jefjef wrote:There really should be a Conquerors award. Something really cool. Though I would stipulate that in order for it to be awarded the recipient has to have never been found guilty of farming and would need to have a rating of 4.4 or higher.

Agree that it's awesome. And that people who have been farming shouldn't get it.

However, the rating is subjective. Although 4.4 is pretty low relatively speaking, I think that's a bad idea. And what if someone is above and drops below or vise versa?
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby blakebowling on Fri Oct 21, 2011 3:21 am

chapcrap wrote:
jefjef wrote:There really should be a Conquerors award. Something really cool. Though I would stipulate that in order for it to be awarded the recipient has to have never been found guilty of farming and would need to have a rating of 4.4 or higher.

Agree that it's awesome. And that people who have been farming shouldn't get it.

However, the rating is subjective. Although 4.4 is pretty low relatively speaking, I think that's a bad idea. And what if someone is above and drops below or vise versa?

Well, by CC policy medals aren't revoked after they are awarded (unless they were mistakenly or improperly awarded).
Private blakebowling

Postby sdh on Fri Oct 21, 2011 4:14 am

ratings mean nothing. you really think demonfork should not be entitled to a conqueror medal because he has a rating lower than 4.4? :-s

would be an awesome medal
Colonel sdh

Postby TheForgivenOne on Sun Oct 30, 2011 1:26 am

Forgot to move this.

Implemented
Game 1675072
2018-08-09 16:02:06 - Mageplunka69: its jamaica map and TFO that keep me on this site
Major TheForgivenOne

Previous

Return to Archived Suggestions