Conquer Club

Medal Discussions and Index of Medal Suggestions

Suggestions that have been archived.

Moderator: Community Team

Re: Medal Suggestion List

Postby Darwins_Bane on Mon Oct 18, 2010 10:53 pm

Due to the fact that this thread has reached a general conclusion to the suggestion, I'm going to move this to submitted.
high score : 2294
02:59:29 ā€¹Khan22ā€ŗ wouldn't you love to have like 5 or 6 girls all giving you attention?
10/11/2010 02:59:39 ā€¹TheForgivenOneā€ŗ No.
Corporal Darwins_Bane

Re: [Official] Medal Suggestion List

Postby Blitzaholic on Tue Jan 18, 2011 3:46 pm

thanks for suggesting this NS, however, it has been almost 3 years? Can they add a few now, and more later?

Maybe add the top 3 to 5 votes by poll now, and review others later?
General Blitzaholic

Re: Medal Suggestion List [Submitted - Darwins_Bane]

Postby Natascha on Tue Jan 18, 2011 4:28 pm

More new medals:

- for most times conqueror
- for the longest time conqueror......
- for the longest time map not in beta
- for the most posts
- for the most unique defeats

Blitz will get them all, can the system handle 4 digits if he reach 1000 medals? :lol:
FBI = Fabulous Body Inside
Sergeant Natascha

Postby ljex on Tue Jan 18, 2011 4:31 pm

Platinum Medal - what limit would this be set at?
Total Wins - as long as it is not too excessive i would be a supporter. Currently there are only 250 ish players active with more than 2500 wins so if this was say 5000 wins needed to get gold i would not be a fan. yes there are some cc addicts but i would rather medals be attainable for the average person.
Win Percentage - If this is pure win percentage. this is dumb i would never be a supporter unless it accounted for 8 player singles games and other game types like that.
Unique Map Achievement - im guessing this is for playing many different maps, maybe winning many different maps either way i would way rather other medals
Endurance - plain dumb
Cards Achievement - escalating/flat rate/no spoils? if so lack has made it clear he wants medals to be for types of games people do not play often
Score Plateau - interesting what are score requirements suggested for gold/silver/bronze if not too high i would support it but we need to remember the common player in these medals
Battle Royal Recognition - like this one
Diamond Medal - lets get platinum first
Length of Activity on Site - dumb just like endurance medal, requires no skill just dedication
Consecutive Victories - would be very hard for some players and i dont think people would get it fairly, instead they would just farm a bunch of games in a row to get it, or put off wins to get them all consecutively.
Major ljex

Postby Blitzaholic on Tue Jan 18, 2011 4:36 pm

is this thread active or not NS?

I do not think the CC community should be ignored, this has almost been 3 years now?????

Perhaps another mod, maybe ljex or someone can look into this and keep it active. There may be a few ideas here, that could be added, seems like a fair amount agree, who is going to take responsibility for looking after this?

If you think they are all no good, then LOCK it, if not, lets put it in an active forum.

Thx
General Blitzaholic

Postby Qwert on Tue Jan 18, 2011 5:14 pm

Unique Map Achievement - im guessing this is for playing many different maps, maybe winning many different maps either way i would way rather other medals

no wrong-these is achivement on one specific(unique map)
unique map Achievement
Awarded to members that won X time in one unique map,defeating 2 unique oponent per game.
bronze 50 win
silver 100 win
gold 400 win

Consecutive Victories - would be very hard for some players and i dont think people would get it fairly, instead they would just farm a bunch of games in a row to get it, or put off wins to get them all consecutively.

hard to farm,because you have rule to apply. Well ofcourse its will hard,its all ready hard for me, but for change some medals need to be hard for achivement.
Consecutive Victory Achievement
Awarded to members that have X victories consecutively,defeat two unique opponents on each of X maps.
Bronze-20 victories
silver-50 victories
gold-100 victories

For bronze you need to win 20 games, and to defeate 40 unique opponents, for gold 100 victories and 200 unique opponents(distributed to 2 unique opponets per one win minimum)
ofcourse its possibile to cheat for these medal,but you need to have large numebr of players who will participiate in cheat.
NEW REVOLUTION-NEW RANKS PRESS THESE LINK viewtopic.php?f=471&t=47578&start=0
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby trapyoung on Tue Jan 18, 2011 5:27 pm

Why is there not an option to add no additional medals? You start handing the shit out like toilet paper, they start to mean nothing. Seriously, up the limits for silver & gold and create some higher standards for tournament games - I don't see what the problem is, clan medals upped the norm from what clans had previously conducted wars on, why not ratchet up everything else. Seems like people want medals for just existing, seems stupid to me.
Colonel trapyoung

Postby ljex on Tue Jan 18, 2011 5:33 pm

qwert wrote:

no wrong-these is achivement on one specific(unique map)
unique map Achievement
Awarded to members that won X time in one unique map,defeating 2 unique oponent per game.
bronze 50 win
silver 100 win
gold 400 win

hard to farm,because you have rule to apply. Well ofcourse its will hard,its all ready hard for me, but for change some medals need to be hard for achivement.
Consecutive Victory Achievement
Awarded to members that have X victories consecutively,defeat two unique opponents on each of X maps.
Bronze-20 victories
silver-50 victories
gold-100 victories

For bronze you need to win 20 games, and to defeate 40 unique opponents, for gold 100 victories and 200 unique opponents(distributed to 2 unique opponets per one win minimum)
ofcourse its possibile to cheat for these medal,but you need to have large numebr of players who will participiate in cheat.

if this is the case then i would not be a fan of either of these medals implemented
Major ljex

Postby Qwert on Tue Jan 18, 2011 6:04 pm

what? so you are for easy get medals? now im confused
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby Commander62890 on Tue Jan 18, 2011 7:46 pm

ljex wrote:Platinum Medal - what limit would this be set at?

Looks like it's for the player who won the most games in each gametype. Only 1 winner for each setting.
This could be all right, but I'm going to hold off for now. If the player gets surpassed in wins, they don't lose the medal, do they? But the player who passes them gets a medal? And what if the original player gains the lead again? I just have too many questions here to vote Yes for it.

ljex wrote:Total Wins - as long as it is not too excessive i would be a supporter. Currently there are only 250 ish players active with more than 2500 wins so if this was say 5000 wins needed to get gold i would not be a fan. yes there are some cc addicts but i would rather medals be attainable for the average person.

I agree with that. 5000 is too high. Even if it was 2500, it would still be a tough call - not sure I love this being a medal.
But as it stands, it is an easy choice. No for 5000.

ljex wrote:Win Percentage - If this is pure win percentage. this is dumb i would never be a supporter unless it accounted for 8 player singles games and other game types like that.

Definitely not voting for this. Win percentage is a bad statistic, and I doubt it would be feasible to account for the size of the game.

ljex wrote:Unique Map Achievement - im guessing this is for playing many different maps, maybe winning many different maps either way i would way rather other medals

This is interesting. "Awarded to members that won X time in one unique map,defeating 2 unique oponent per game." - So 1v1s don't count?
Kind of a cool medal; you could see which maps players have played a lot. Seems incredibly difficult to reach 400...
I don't know; it's a tough call. I'm gonna say No for now.

ljex wrote:Endurance - plain dumb

Meh. No thanks.

ljex wrote:Cards Achievement - escalating/flat rate/no spoils? if so lack has made it clear he wants medals to be for types of games people do not play often
I love this one, but I'm sure Lack won't do it. Still, I'll vote Yes.

ljex wrote:Score Plateau - interesting what are score requirements suggested for gold/silver/bronze if not too high i would support it but we need to remember the common player in these medals
I like this. You know what, Ljex? I think the idea that medals must be attainable by the common player isn't so great. I think it's good to reward the stellar players and be able to identify them easily. I may have to rethink the "5000 games won" suggestion... but for now, I'll vote No on that and Yes on this.

ljex wrote:Battle Royal Recognition - like this one
1 win for 1 medal? All right... sure. Voting Yes.

ljex wrote:Diamond Medal - lets get platinum first
Voting Yes

ljex wrote:Length of Activity on Site - dumb just like endurance medal, requires no skill just dedication

I agree with Ljex... No.

ljex wrote:Consecutive Victories - would be very hard for some players and i dont think people would get it fairly, instead they would just farm a bunch of games in a row to get it, or put off wins to get them all consecutively.

It encourages 1v1 and team game farming, so definitely No.

So, I'm voting Yes for Cards Achievement, Score Plateau, Battle Royale Recognition, and Diamond Medal.

Although I think that the number for Score Plateau should be revisited.

I don't love the 3000 - Bronze, 4000 - Silver, 5000 - Gold

Why can't we just give a medal for reaching 1800, 2000, 2500, 3000, 3500, 4000, 4500, 5000, 5500, 6000?

How sick would that be? If you reached 6000, you get 10 medals. Completely fine with me - score is a big part of CC, regardless of whether or not it shows if you are a good player. I love the idea of score having a big impact on medals. And having a system like mine would really show you how high a player got.

Maybe you thought a player reached Colonel, but when you checked his medals, you see that he only reached Major, and never got Colonel.

What do you think about this tweaking? I really think it's better than just having 3000, 4000, 5000.
Last edited by Commander62890 on Tue Jan 18, 2011 8:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Major Commander62890

Postby greenoaks on Tue May 03, 2011 8:41 pm

has consecutive turns taken been suggested ?
Sergeant greenoaks

Postby Qwert on Wed May 04, 2011 3:52 pm

consecutive turns taken?
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby TheForgivenOne on Wed May 04, 2011 4:29 pm

Merged
Game 1675072
2018-08-09 16:02:06 - Mageplunka69: its jamaica map and TFO that keep me on this site
Major TheForgivenOne

Postby greenoaks on Wed May 04, 2011 7:16 pm

can a mod remove Battle Royal from the poll as it is now recognised.

InnyaFacce wrote:If there was a Platinum Medal awarded for 2,500 Wins
Currently 262 Players would qualify for the Medal on the Day of Introduction

i would qualify twice - Standard and Fog.
Sergeant greenoaks

Re: Medal Suggestion List [Poll Restarted]

Postby SirSebstar on Thu May 05, 2011 3:04 am

is there somewhere i can choose none of the above?
Major SirSebstar

Location: SirSebstar is BACK. Highscore: Colonel Score: 2919 21/03/2011

Postby Qwert on Sun May 08, 2011 11:03 am

poll restarded???
What these mean, again voting, and again poll restarded. Its look that lack want to get in time, becauase i dont see anywhere some explanation for these.
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby blakebowling on Sun May 08, 2011 12:15 pm

qwert wrote:poll restarded???
What these mean, again voting, and again poll restarded. Its look that lack want to get in time, becauase i dont see anywhere some explanation for these.

Actually, TFO added some more options, so he restarted the poll. (eg, all old votes are gone, and everyone should vote again.
Private blakebowling

Postby greenoaks on Sun May 08, 2011 8:19 pm

he also removed what had been implemented.

it is a shame when a poll is restarted a pm isn't generated and sent to all voters informing them of the restart so they know to vote again.
Sergeant greenoaks

Postby Joodoo on Wed May 11, 2011 9:24 am

Anyone care to explain what the score plateau medal is about?
I would have no problem with all except two of the medal suggestions in the poll at this moment.
The length of activity on the site of medal either needs exclusions or shouldn't be implemented at all because there are some players who have been in CC for very long but have notoriety for being a poor sport in a majority of their games, or often resort to cheap tactics to win and gain points/ranks.
As for the consecutive victory medal, that is not hard to achieve if you are premium and play loads of team games (with your clan mates as fellow team members) against often unorganized opposing teams who don't know each others' strategy very well. IMO, if such a medal was approved, I would suggest separating it into different categories (ex. team games and non-team games) and count each one independently.
I still promote my own suggestion of an All Star Achievement in the Bronze, Silver, and Gold categories. In order for someone to receive a Bronze All Star Achievement, they would need a bronze medal in all game medals, at least 3 community achievements (at least 1 tournament achievement, 1 general achievement, and 1 clan achievement), and at least 3 contribution achievements (at least 1 map contribution, 1 tournament contribution, and 1 general contribution). Silver and Gold would have the same concept.
TheSaxlad wrote:The Dice suck a lot of the time.

And if they dont suck then they blow.

:D
Lieutenant Joodoo

Postby TheForgivenOne on Wed May 11, 2011 6:38 pm

Joodoo wrote:Anyone care to explain what the score plateau medal is about?

Check the second post on the first page. It has links to all the suggestions.
Game 1675072
2018-08-09 16:02:06 - Mageplunka69: its jamaica map and TFO that keep me on this site
Major TheForgivenOne

Postby Qwert on Mon May 16, 2011 3:01 am

""by greenoaks on Mon May 09, 2011 3:19 am

he also removed what had been implemented.""
Can someone tell me what medal are implemented?
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby greenoaks on Mon May 16, 2011 3:17 am

qwert wrote:""by greenoaks on Mon May 09, 2011 3:19 am

i think it was the Random map medal
Sergeant greenoaks

Postby TheForgivenOne on Mon May 16, 2011 3:25 am

greenoaks wrote:
qwert wrote:""by greenoaks on Mon May 09, 2011 3:19 am

i think it was the Random map medal

Correct.
Game 1675072
Major TheForgivenOne

Postby Qwert on Mon May 16, 2011 7:19 am

what!!!!!!!!!!
For all these f**** period,only one medal whas implemented!!!!!!
11 jun 2008,these is date when these topic created, and these mean that every 2 years,one medal will be implemented!?!? These is so pointless. Again for some period(lets say 1 year) one medal will be implemented and poll will be again restarted(almost write retarded).
Its these so dificlulty to implement more then one medal per year?
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby greenoaks on Mon May 16, 2011 7:32 am

qwert wrote:what!!!!!!!!!!
For all these f**** period,only one medal whas implemented!!!!!!
11 jun 2008,these is date when these topic created, and these mean that every 2 years,one medal will be implemented!?!? These is so pointless. Again for some period(lets say 1 year) one medal will be implemented and poll will be again restarted(almost write retarded).
Its these so dificlulty to implement more then one medal per year?

the Random medal was the only decent suggestion on the list
Sergeant greenoaks

PreviousNext

Return to Archived Suggestions