Suggestions that have been archived.

Moderator: Community Team

Re: Medal Suggestion List [Poll Restarted]

Postby trapyoung on Mon May 16, 2011 12:48 pm

Why doesn't the poll have an option for no more medals
Colonel trapyoung

Postby Teflon Kris on Sun Jul 10, 2011 7:03 am

If we have more medals coming, it would be cool, imo, if they dont involve somethings loads of players have already achieved.

The Random Medal was cool as everyone had to start from 0, whereas when FoW / Freestyle / Manual etc. came in, lots of players were already half-way to gold.

Hopefully some other suggestions may become real sooner or later, things like adjacent attacks etc. Then there would be something we could all start from scratch with.

On that note, how about something linked with losing condition maps? Maybe once we have more of those maps on-line of course.

:)
Sergeant 1st Class Teflon Kris

Postby The Red on Thu Jul 21, 2011 2:50 pm

Just enact them all.
Sergeant The Red

Postby rdsrds2120 on Thu Jul 21, 2011 2:55 pm

The Red wrote:Just enact them all.

That would be hard. Also, it would really depreciate the value of medals.

-rd
Corporal 1st Class rdsrds2120

Postby General Bax on Mon Aug 22, 2011 4:44 pm

I suggest map champ medals.

The medals will be given to the best three players on any given map (according to map rank, unique defeats
or any other criteria to be decided), and the beauty of it is that the medals will be mobile, i.e.,
classcic map champ (gold) of today could be de-medaled tomorrow if he doesn't keep up with hungry
players down the map's food chain
Sergeant 1st Class General Bax

Postby chapcrap on Sat Sep 03, 2011 10:29 pm

General Bax wrote:I suggest map champ medals.

The medals will be given to the best three players on any given map (according to map rank, unique defeats
or any other criteria to be decided), and the beauty of it is that the medals will be mobile, i.e.,
classcic map champ (gold) of today could be de-medaled tomorrow if he doesn't keep up with hungry
players down the map's food chain

This would be great for so many different reasons. I don't know if you would call it a medal or something different and new. Either way, it would give bragging rights for every map and I think that's something that would be amazing. The difficult thing to do would be how to decide the rankings. Some formula that includes win %, kill ratio, games played, and points gained on the map. I would love to see something like this. I don't know if it's a Medals thing or something else, but please!! I'm going to look into making a suggested formula.
Lieutenant chapcrap

Re: Medal Suggestion List

Postby b00060 on Tue Nov 15, 2011 8:57 pm

So many great ideas. I am ready for some more medals!
Major b00060

Postby Gillipig on Wed Nov 16, 2011 10:58 am

b00060 wrote:So many great ideas. I am ready for some more medals!

Don't you have enough ;) ?
AoG for President of the World!!
I promise he will put George W. Bush to shame!
Lieutenant Gillipig

Postby b00060 on Wed Nov 16, 2011 6:17 pm

Is there such a thing??
Major b00060

Postby chapcrap on Wed Nov 16, 2011 7:03 pm

Gillipig wrote:
b00060 wrote:So many great ideas. I am ready for some more medals!

Don't you have enough ;) ?

b00060 wrote:Is there such a thing??

Exactly!!! Give me more medals!!!
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby agentcom on Tue May 15, 2012 10:29 pm

Many good suggestions here. I voted for three of them and would have voted for a couple more of them, if I could.

Platinum medal for person who has the most X on the site (crossmaps maps, terminator wins, etc.): this would be pretty cool. But note that this would be a dynamic medal: you could lose it. Although, I wouldn't mind if players could keep it forever after achieving it once.

Total Wins: Totally agree. Let's recognize these milestones

Win percentage: I would only vote for this is it was modified to a ratio measure, where people weren't punished for playing 8 player games. Also, this is another dynamic medal. See my comments about Platinum.

Unique Map: Potentially a medal for every single map? That would be crazy. I would only support this if the threshold for getting it was extremely high, so that few would ever get more than say Classic and a couple of specialty maps that they have. But if it was made sufficiently high enough, then go for it. Then the problem becomes how to design a medal for each map. I will say that it might be cool have a separate thing from medals, maybe "achievements" or "ribbons" that are smaller and located below the medals. Then you could have a bunch of these there. Maybe they'd be color coded (just like real military ribbons) and you'd have to mouse-over them to get the meaning (i.e. classic).

Endurance: Don't like this. No participation trophies here (well some might argue that's what GAs are, but let's limit this type of award)

Cards Achivement: I like it, although I think that Lack has ruled this out. I'll continue to support it every time it comes up.

Score Plateau: I like this idea, but I wouldn't have it be a bronze/silver/gold medal. I think like the rank of conqueror it should be preserved by crafting a medal showing that high rank. If you make it to major you get a medal with crossed swords.

Platinum and Diamond medal levels: From the linked text in the first post, it's real hard to tell what this means. I assume it is just supposed to be 2 more levels of medals beyond Gold. I like this idea, but I think the top one should be reserved for what is described as the "Platinum" medal, here.

Length of Activity on Site: I like this idea, but it should just be based on a set number of years (not on joining in the first 6 months of this site's existence, etc.) I would add the qualification that someone should have to be actively playing during that time. Maybe they have to have at least 1 active game going for their time to contribute toward the medal. There are other ways of doing this, but I think that would be the best.

Consecutive victories: I can't tell from the link what this is supposed to be. But if it's what it sounds like, it would award medals for winning streaks. I don't like this as it can be rigged and it favors players of 1 v 1 or team games.
Brigadier agentcom

Postby agentcom on Tue May 15, 2012 10:32 pm

By the way, I like that all this information is aggregated in one thread. But it would seem better to have this thread be an index thread and have all the various medals have their own threads.

If any of these ever are to be implemented, then the medal in question should certainly be pulled OUT of this thread, and given its own thread so that we can have a discussion about the details (e.g. the thresholds for various levels, or whether or not someone gets to keep a dynamic medal).
Brigadier agentcom

Postby Ugly_Moose on Sun Aug 05, 2012 1:25 am

I am not sure if this has been suggested or not.

But how about a Map Rank Medal based on points earned on a map.

In my case for example I am near 9500 points on Battle for Iraq. Seems like something should happen at the 10000 points earned.

My suggestion is a medal based on reaching some points on a map bronze for one map, silver for two maps and gold for three maps only if your reach 5000 points on each map.

This should make it a little interesting on the medal chasers. Hard to get 5000 points on a map let alone 3 maps.

If 5000 is too low then some other higher number but still based on number of maps and points earned.
Sergeant 1st Class Ugly_Moose

Location: In the woods, northern towns, middle of the road looking to get hit

Postby greenoaks on Sun Aug 05, 2012 3:00 am

Ugly_Moose wrote:I am not sure if this has been suggested or not.

But how about a Map Rank Medal based on points earned on a map.

In my case for example I am near 9500 points on Battle for Iraq. Seems like something should happen at the 10000 points earned.

My suggestion is a medal based on reaching some points on a map bronze for one map, silver for two maps and gold for three maps only if your reach 5000 points on each map.

This should make it a little interesting on the medal chasers. Hard to get 5000 points on a map let alone 3 maps.

If 5000 is too low then some other higher number but still based on number of maps and points earned.

easily rigged

play a few games on a map you are bad at to lower your rank and gain more points when you play a map you are good on
Sergeant greenoaks

Postby ogro on Sat Oct 13, 2012 4:28 pm

Medal Title: Efficiency or Productivity medal

Medal Description: Awarded to members that achieve the best productivity index or leading amount of points per game (points/#games played) by minimum amount of Games. Bronze=40, Silver=200, Gold=500.

Why this medal should be awarded: There is no medal about efficiency.
Last edited by ogro on Sat Nov 10, 2012 10:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lieutenant ogro

Postby alster on Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:22 pm

I like the ideas with more medals (and I am obviously not the only one...) since it allows people to set different personal goals.

A general thought having read through this and voted: think that no medal should be unatainable. For example, win percentage. That would be unatainable for people who enjoy playing 8-player games. They can be really good at it, but it destroys the win percentage. And that goes for a couple of other medals as well depending on how the rules for them are set. Don't think a particular medal should be out of reach for anyone.
Gengoldy wrote:Of all the games I've played, and there have been some poor sports and cursing players out there, you are by far the lowest and with the least class.
Sergeant 1st Class alster

Postby chapcrap on Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:37 pm

MORE MEDALS!!!!
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby agentcom on Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:17 am

alstergren wrote:I like the ideas with more medals (and I am obviously not the only one...) since it allows people to set different personal goals.

A general thought having read through this and voted: think that no medal should be unatainable. For example, win percentage. That would be unatainable for people who enjoy playing 8-player games. They can be really good at it, but it destroys the win percentage. And that goes for a couple of other medals as well depending on how the rules for them are set. Don't think a particular medal should be out of reach for anyone.

Yes. That seems like a pretty bad idea for a medal.

And once again I'll note that I hate this thread.
Brigadier agentcom

Postby Metsfanmax on Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:18 am

agentcom wrote:
alstergren wrote:I like the ideas with more medals (and I am obviously not the only one...) since it allows people to set different personal goals.

I don't see why that logic follows. I hate freestyle games, so I'll never get gold freestyle medals. I don't feel cheated that there are freestyle medals.
Sergeant 1st Class Metsfanmax

Postby agentcom on Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:22 am

Metsfanmax wrote:
agentcom wrote:

I don't see why that logic follows. I hate freestyle games, so I'll never get gold freestyle medals. I don't feel cheated that there are freestyle medals.

I think the point is that pursuing the freestyle medal doesn't detract from your ability to play other games you might enjoy. I could set up some freestyle games and also whatever other types of games that I like. If I want to pursue the win percentage medal, I would pretty much only have to set up 1v1 or 1-team v 1-team games.
Brigadier agentcom

Postby Metsfanmax on Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:29 am

agentcom wrote:
Metsfanmax wrote:
agentcom wrote:

I think the point is that pursuing the freestyle medal doesn't detract from your ability to play other games you might enjoy. I could set up some freestyle games and also whatever other types of games that I like. If I want to pursue the win percentage medal, I would pretty much only have to set up 1v1 or 1-team v 1-team games.

Ok, that's a fair point.

Postby agentcom on Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:40 am

The exception to this rule perhaps being the Conqueror medal, but that's a truly "exceptional" medal anyway.
Brigadier agentcom

Postby DoomYoshi on Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:48 am

agentcom wrote:

Seems to be the first note of this...
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby Metsfanmax on Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:50 am

DoomYoshi wrote:
agentcom wrote:

This thread is the place where good medal suggestions go to die.

Postby agentcom on Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:58 am

DoomYoshi wrote:

You may be right ... I think it may have been something I posted in the mod forum. Basically, I don't like mega-topics that merge together disparate ideas. There's no way that this thread will ever be moved to implemented because there's such a mixture of ideas here. And it's hard to keep a topic of discussion alive and well when there are 20 different topics within the same thread. Basically, I agree with this:

Metsfanmax wrote:
This thread is the place where good medal suggestions go to die.
Brigadier agentcom

PreviousNext

Return to Archived Suggestions