Conquer Club

Football (real)

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Football (real)

Postby Pirlo on Fri Jan 04, 2013 5:10 am

betiko wrote:
Pirlo wrote:
betiko wrote:well the brazilian championship is getting each time more money.... pato signed for the corinthians today!
and by the way... the corinthians won the club's world cup a couple of weeks ago vs chelsea, so they aren't too far off.
The copa america and the african cup of nation should be held 1ce every 4 years, just like the eurocup. calendars don't have time for that shit, and making the event rare makes people and players more into it.

Copa america is held every 4 years... African one still needs to be the same.. and it's much better if they held it in summer instead of mid-season.

oh they did change it for the copa america,but it's since an edition or 2 max right?

africa, it's just impossible to make it in the northern hemispheresummer, unless it s in south africa..

Copa america is kind of confusing... it used to be regularly held every 2 years till 2001.. then the crap began when they shifted it to 2004 instead of 2003 upon a request made by the FIFA... the next one was held 3 years later in 2007 which made it even more confusing.. 4 years later, they held the next one and to my knowledge, it's gonna be every 4 years.

Africa? yeah their atmosphere is annoying but they need to make it every 4 years.
Captain Pirlo

Postby tzor on Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:01 pm

Listening to the game on the satellite radio. FA: Chelsea 5 FA: Southampton 1

Listening to the game is interesting.

In a few minutes I'll be listening to FA: Manchester United FA: West Ham United
Just heard that Beckham is at the stadium with his kids watching the game.
Cadet tzor

Postby nietzsche on Sat Jan 05, 2013 2:16 pm

tzor wrote:Listening to the game on the satellite radio. FA: Chelsea 5 FA: Southampton 1

Listening to the game is interesting.

In a few minutes I'll be listening to FA: Manchester United FA: West Ham United
Just heard that Beckham is at the stadium with his kids watching the game.

Van Persie tied the score at the 91 min.

Another game...
el cartoncito mas triste del mundo
General nietzsche

Postby nagerous on Mon Jan 07, 2013 2:26 pm

Captain nagerous

Postby Pirlo on Mon Jan 07, 2013 3:27 pm

Messi you legend!

Captain Pirlo

Postby Gillipig on Mon Jan 07, 2013 3:42 pm

Pirlo wrote:Messi you legend!

He was sporting the beatles look in 2010 lol. Kidding aside the amount of goals he puts up is pretty sick, don't dare to say he's better than Maradona because I'm not old enough to have seen Maradona play, but he's certainly the best striker of today.
AoG for President of the World!!
I promise he will put George W. Bush to shame!
Lieutenant Gillipig

Postby sempaispellcheck on Mon Jan 07, 2013 3:48 pm

Gillipig wrote:

He was sporting the beatles look in 2010 lol. Kidding aside the amount of goals he puts up is pretty sick, don't dare to say he's better than Maradona because I'm not old enough to have seen Maradona play, but he's certainly the best striker of today.

Agreed! Such is the joy of being a Barça fan. :D
That polka-dot suit is just awful, though. I didn't know they even made anything like that - and I didn't want to, to be honest.
High score: 2200 - July 20, 2015
Game 13890915 - in which I helped clinch the NC4 title for LHDD

Lieutenant sempaispellcheck

Location: Among the clouds and the skyscrapers, saving the world.

Postby betiko on Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:15 pm

that suit was worn just because maradona had one like that when he received one of his ballons d'or.

just let messi win a world cup and there will be no such thing called maradona in argentina.

ps: scary to see how a face can change from one year to the next..
Major betiko

Postby Pirlo on Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:29 pm

betiko wrote:that suit was worn just because maradona had one like that when he received one of his ballons d'or.

just let messi win a world cup and there will be no such thing called maradona in argentina.

I don't think he needs the world cup to prove his quality.. it's just media and grumpy old people who think the world cup is the most elite title.

While I don't see the comparison valid because each of them belongs to a completely different era of football history, I'd always tend to think the newer generations are better than the older ones because things keep getting harder as humanity will always be developing. Our parents keep underestimate us though! :D

lol @ the face change... could be due to his young age.. you know, people evolve more when they are younger. Or it could be due to the hell of pressure those superstars experience during their career, especially when the hugest pain (aka Mourinho) is your constant rival on the pitch and press conferences!
Last edited by Pirlo on Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Captain Pirlo

Postby nietzsche on Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:09 am

General nietzsche

Postby chang50 on Tue Jan 08, 2013 2:49 am

The best I've watched play in 50 years viewing..better than Maradona,Pele,Cruyff,Best,Zidane,and not at his peak yet......phenomenal.
Captain chang50

Postby Gillipig on Tue Jan 08, 2013 5:15 am

Pirlo wrote:
betiko wrote:that suit was worn just because maradona had one like that when he received one of his ballons d'or.

I don't think he needs the world cup to prove his quality.. it's just media and grumpy old people who think the world cup is the most elite title.

While I don't see the comparison valid because each of them belongs to a completely different era of football history, I'd always tend to think the newer generations are better than the older ones because things keep getting harder as humanity will always be developing. Our parents keep underestimate us though! :D

lol @ the face change... could be due to his young age.. you know, people evolve more when they are younger. Or it could be due to the hell of pressure those superstars experience during their career, especially when the hugest pain (aka Mourinho) is your constant rival on the pitch and press conferences!

He needs a world cup! It's the holy grail in football, like stanley cup is for hockey.
AoG for President of the World!!
I promise he will put George W. Bush to shame!
Lieutenant Gillipig

Postby chang50 on Tue Jan 08, 2013 5:36 am

Gillipig wrote:
Pirlo wrote:

He needs a world cup! It's the holy grail in football, like stanley cup is for hockey.

Hypothetical question,what if a player as brilliant as Messi or Maradona played for a country that had no chance of even qualifying for the World Cup never mind winning it,would they deserve to be ranked best player in the world?
Captain chang50

Postby Pirlo on Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:54 am

chang50 wrote:
Gillipig wrote:
Pirlo wrote:

Hypothetical question,what if a player as brilliant as Messi or Maradona played for a country that had no chance of even qualifying for the World Cup never mind winning it,would they deserve to be ranked best player in the world?

Bingo... legends like Shevchenko and Nedved barely qualified and took their nations there to WC.. but they are still legends... Messi was offered a place in Spain's team, but he rejected it for his shitty national team.

I think Argentina team is too crap to win especially with the incredible progress and dominance of Europeans recently. Even Maradona himself wouldn't be able to win it with today's Argentina IMO!
Captain Pirlo

Postby nietzsche on Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:03 am

Pirlo wrote:
I think Argentina team is too crap to win especially with the incredible progress and dominance of Europeans recently. Even Maradona himself wouldn't be able to win it with today's Argentina IMO!

Now stop your car there. Can you really say this?

What about Tevez, el Kun, LAvezzi, Higuain. (i know their all offenders, still impressive)

And what about other Argentinian teams that we've all said they were a super team and never did anything? (previous to messi)

You cannot go and say that, specially because you say many other things profesionally, you are venturing a big guess there.

Maradona was Maradona and may never be Messi or Pele but Maradona was Maradona. Messi will never be Maradona. Maradona will never be Messi.

But Maradona won a world cup and scored a spectacular goal against England, epic not only because he left 6 behind but by the way and style he did it. He was a natural.

Messi will be the best by the end of his era whether he wins or not a WC, but he will never be Maradona. Maradona was a natural, a born hero. Messi don't. He's different, perhaps the best, but he's not Maradona.

Winning a WC has his merit, let's not make it trivial.

Zidane, Ronaldo, Maradona, players that won a WC for their teams. Don't take that away from them.
General nietzsche

Postby JBlombier on Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:06 am

Pirlo wrote:Even Maradona himself wouldn't be able to win it with today's Argentina IMO!

This exactly. Messi is a legend for his own skills. You can't blame Argentina for not keeping up with that. Of course Messi needs good players behind him to make the goals, but the way he has with the ball is just incredible. Most of us, including me, are too young to have seen Maradona play live, but I'm quite certain Messi has a unique gift that hasn't been seen before.

As for nietzsche's post, he's right. A WC has its merit, but I'm not trying to take away from them. It just doesn't have much to do with the skill of one particular player.
Colonel JBlombier

Postby betiko on Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:11 am

just put guardiola as head coach of argentina, then you'll tell me if they have a shit team.
Seriously, compare argentina and brazil individually. the argentinians have way better players, this generation of brazilians sucks. Spanish are getting old
Major betiko

Postby JBlombier on Tue Jan 08, 2013 2:42 pm

betiko wrote:just put guardiola as head coach of argentina, then you'll tell me if they have a shit team.
Seriously, compare argentina and brazil individually. the argentinians have way better players, this generation of brazilians sucks. Spanish are getting old

I might be interested in discussing this with you, but I'd like to hear your point.
Colonel JBlombier

Postby Nola_Lifer on Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:02 pm

betiko wrote:just put guardiola as head coach of argentina, then you'll tell me if they have a shit team.

It is nice to have 4 or 5 of the best attacking players in the world but it doesn't matter if you can't defend worth a shit or you can't get the ball to them in proper positions. Spanish aren't as old as you think. They should be good for next world cup. You could argue they will have more players at their peak in more positions next year.
Major Nola_Lifer

Postby sempaispellcheck on Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:42 pm

Nola_Lifer wrote:

It is nice to have 4 or 5 of the best attacking players in the world but it doesn't matter if you can't defend worth a shit or you can't get the ball to them in proper positions. Spanish aren't as old as you think. They should be good for next world cup. You could argue they will have more players at their peak in more positions next year.

AND, there are a LOT of good players in the Spanish U21 side. Spain will be a team to beat for a long time to come.
High score: 2200 - July 20, 2015
Game 13890915 - in which I helped clinch the NC4 title for LHDD

Lieutenant sempaispellcheck

Location: Among the clouds and the skyscrapers, saving the world.

Postby betiko on Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:26 pm

yeah I just hate the spanish team since ever, even worse than the italian team lol! definitely france's 2 mortal enemies in football! :)

other than this, appart from zabaleta and garay in defense i have to say they don t have much top class players there, but midfielf, seriously? Di María, Fernando Gago, Javier Mascherano, Maxi Rodríguez, Salvio, Esteban Cambiasso....

and my point was that maradona is a shit coach.

my other point is that i challenge anyone to make a team with brazilian players better that what you can do with argentian players today.
Major betiko

Postby Pirlo on Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:21 pm

nietzsche wrote:
Pirlo wrote:

Now stop your car there. Can you really say this?

What about Tevez, el Kun, LAvezzi, Higuain. (i know their all offenders, still impressive)

And what about other Argentinian teams that we've all said they were a super team and never did anything? (previous to messi)

You cannot go and say that, specially because you say many other things profesionally, you are venturing a big guess there.

Maradona was Maradona and may never be Messi or Pele but Maradona was Maradona. Messi will never be Maradona. Maradona will never be Messi.

But Maradona won a world cup and scored a spectacular goal against England, epic not only because he left 6 behind but by the way and style he did it. He was a natural.

Messi will be the best by the end of his era whether he wins or not a WC, but he will never be Maradona. Maradona was a natural, a born hero. Messi don't. He's different, perhaps the best, but he's not Maradona.

Winning a WC has his merit, let's not make it trivial.

Zidane, Ronaldo, Maradona, players that won a WC for their teams. Don't take that away from them.

Oh come on Nietto!!!

El Kun is a great player... Higuain is ok.. Lavezzi? tell me you are kidding please... Tevez is a piece of shit and unreliable prick who could at any moment disappoint the hell out of you.

annnnnnnnnnd I never said WC was unworthy, did I? Messi needs the WC only to make his unique achievements perfect, not to prove himself the best though, because he already did the latter even with no WC ;)

I'm a fan of Argentina, and I watch them sooooooo closely... enough to know what their real problems are.. It's way much deeper than just a coach. To mention some of them, they have a retarded federation, shitty media that always put too much pressure on players, lack of games in a decent competition other than the world cup, poor economy that limit their budget to hire a good technical staff, and lack of key players in midfield and defense!
Captain Pirlo

Postby nietzsche on Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:00 pm

Pirlo wrote:
Oh come on Nietto!!!

El Kun is a great player... Higuain is ok.. Lavezzi? tell me you are kidding please... Tevez is a piece of shit and unreliable prick who could at any moment disappoint the hell out of you.

annnnnnnnnnd I never said WC was unworthy, did I? Messi needs the WC only to make his unique achievements perfect, not to prove himself the best though, because he already did the latter even with no WC ;)

I'm a fan of Argentina, and I watch them sooooooo closely... enough to know what their real problems are.. It's way much deeper than just a coach. To mention some of them, they have a retarded federation, shitty media that always put too much pressure on players, lack of games in a decent competition other than the world cup, poor economy that limit their budget to hire a good technical staff, and lack of key players in midfield and defense!

You know I love you that's why I have to treat you badly so you become stronger.

Remember the Argentina of La Brujita Veron? I bet you also thought it was an incredible team, yet they didn't win the WC, if only they had had Maradona ;)
General nietzsche

Postby Pirlo on Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:15 pm

nietzsche wrote:
Pirlo wrote:
Oh come on Nietto!!!

You know I love you that's why I have to treat you badly so you become stronger.

Remember the Argentina of La Brujita Veron? I bet you also thought it was an incredible team, yet they didn't win the WC, if only they had had Maradona ;)

huh? you mean Juan Veron the legendary maestro? I think they needed a bit of luck to conquer that death group. They had more than enough superstars.

I think one of the factors to affect Argentina performance is the downfall of Serie A... the Italian Calcio seemed to be am idea environment for the Argentine players. If my memory is good, the majority of that super team of 2002 came from Serie A, no?
Captain Pirlo

Postby nietzsche on Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:19 pm

Pirlo wrote:
nietzsche wrote:
Pirlo wrote:
Oh come on Nietto!!!

huh? you need Juan Veron the legendary maestro? I think they needed a bit of luck to conquer that death group. They had more than enough superstars.

I think one of the factors to affect Argentina performance is the downfall of Serie A... the Italian Calcio seemed to be am idea environment for the Argentine players. If my memory is good, the majority of that super team of 2002 came from Serie A, no?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2002_FIFA_ ... #Argentina

Only 1 more than from Spain. But yes, the most important ones were playing in Italy: Veron, Zanetti, Simeone, Batistuta, El Piojo, Samuel.
General nietzsche

PreviousNext

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,