Conquer Club

An apology

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

An apology

Postby Ponez on Mon Jan 07, 2013 3:57 am

I have never posted on the boards before, but after the end of the Conquer Cup semifinal in which I was a participant, I think it's needed. I've never been an antagnostic or greedy player since I signed up for this site. I guess I don't participate in the forums and such, but I play my games straight and do somewhat ok. I was really proud of myself for advancing as far as I did in the cup, and took it very seriously.

In my final cup game, however, I messed up pretty badly. It was a tight, well-played contest, and I missed a turn! Round 14 or 15 or so. I was really pissed at myself for that, but kept going. My last turn, Round 20, came up on New Years Eve. To my discredit, I had some things to do during the day and decided to leave it until the end of the night. It's being NYE, this meant my taking the turn a little more than half in the bag, at 4 am. My "strategy" was panned by everyone in the game, and rightly so, as I can't even tell you what it was.

I would just like to publicly present an apology to Ciglione, nvanputten, and lokisgal. You all deserved better. How ashamed I should be was made clear in gamechat. I think I'm going to stop playing for a while. Sorry again.
Cadet Ponez

Re: An apology

Postby Gillipig on Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:45 am

No need to apologize. I've done a hundred worse things and can't remember apologizing. Just keep on trucking, don't show any weakness ;).
AoG for President of the World!!
I promise he will put George W. Bush to shame!
Lieutenant Gillipig

Postby nvanputten on Mon Jan 07, 2013 6:17 pm

Ponez,
Thank you for your post. I filed the complaint because I believe that you broke the rules, but I've never had any reason to believe that you did so knowingly or maliciously. I'm still quite frustrated at Conquer Club's decision to neither enforce the rules, nor to provide any kind of remuneration to Ciglione or I - who might have otherwise won the game - but I certainly didn't take your move personally. I don't think there's any need for you to stop playing (though it might be advisable to stop playing while drinking, it's a sin that I'm pretty sure 90% of players over 21 - myself included - have committed at some point). My hope is that CC reconsiders their ruling and gives Ciglione and myself a chance at another tournament, and I certainly wish Loki luck in the finals. I don't bear you any grudge though, thank you again for the apology.
Major nvanputten

Postby Serbia on Mon Jan 07, 2013 6:34 pm

I play while drinking all the time. I feel it makes me a better player. Or at least, a happier player.
CONFUSED? YOU'LL KNOW WHEN YOU'RE RIPE
saxitoxin wrote:Serbia is a RUDE DUDE
may not be a PRUDE, but he's gotta 'TUDE
might not be LEWD, but he's gonna get BOOED
RUDE
Captain Serbia

Postby jdw35 on Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:32 pm

so wait, what exactly happened?
Major jdw35

Postby cooky24 on Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:07 pm

I think you have no need to apology, and just be yourself.
New Recruit cooky24

Postby Funkyterrance on Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:53 am

There's nothing wrong with apologizing when in doubt. The only weakness is that perceived by others but that is only a reflection of them, not you.
Colonel Funkyterrance

Postby Gillipig on Thu Jan 17, 2013 4:39 am

Funkyterrance wrote:There's nothing wrong with apologizing when in doubt. The only weakness is that perceived by others but that is only a reflection of them, not you.

So if you fall down on your knees on the street, crying hysterically, you're not weak. But the people who walk by you and think you're weak, they are weak, because the only weakness is that perceived by others, which is only a reflection of themselves.
Thank you again, for some positively funky, but worthless words of wisdom.
AoG for President of the World!!
I promise he will put George W. Bush to shame!
Lieutenant Gillipig

Return to Conquer Club Discussion