Conquer Club

Random Killer Neutrals

Topics that are not maps. Discuss general map making concepts, techniques, contests, etc, here.

Moderator: Cartographers

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Random Killer Neutrals

Postby thespis on Tue Jan 08, 2013 2:18 pm

Hey all. I did a search and couldn't find anything but I've been thinking about map ideas and I wondered if there was any way to create random killer neutrals.

Like if there is a set of 20 territories but you only want to have five of them as killer neutrals. However, the big trick being that every time you draw up a game, what five of the twenty territories is killer is different. Random deployment.

If it is possible, anyone know if you can also differentiate what between them? Like that killer neutrals are 1 army while the regular neutrals are 2?

Thanks!
Lieutenant thespis

Re: Random Killer Neutrals

Postby nolefan5311 on Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:26 pm

Killer neutrals are permanently coded into the XML for each map, so there is no way to make them random from game to game. Those same regions will be killer neutrals in every game on that map.

As far as your second question, yes, you can differentiate between the amount of troops that start on a regular neutral or killer neutral.
Captain nolefan5311

Postby thespis on Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:49 pm

Thanks for the feedback. Bummer. I have a follow up, if you would oblige me. Is there a way to custom how the killer neutrals..."kill"?

The example would be if you wanted a region to "kill" after five rounds opposed to 1 round?

Or that the neutral can be set to start as a 2 but when it kills, it becomes a 10?
Lieutenant thespis

Postby nolefan5311 on Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:08 pm

thespis wrote:Thanks for the feedback. Bummer. I have a follow up, if you would oblige me. Is there a way to custom how the killer neutrals..."kill"?

The example would be if you wanted a region to "kill" after five rounds opposed to 1 round?

Or that the neutral can be set to start as a 2 but when it kills, it becomes a 10?

None of this is possible with the way the current game engine works. Unless the site admins give us more XML features, killer neutrals will always reset to the same number as they started with, and will reset at the beginning of the turn of the player who holds the region.
Captain nolefan5311

Postby thespis on Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:28 pm

Thanks! I can't wait to see what new possibilities the admins develop in the future and diving into this community development process.
Lieutenant thespis

Return to Foundry Discussions