Conquer Club

[Official]H.P. Lovecraft Mafia Endgame

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: [Official]H.P. Lovecraft Mafia Day Ten

Postby betiko on Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:42 am

pancakemix wrote:
betiko wrote:
pancakemix wrote:I did. Some shenanigans are afoot. You should probably try to lynch hippo again. It is kinda obvious that he's setting everyone against each other.

I have no idea why anyone thinks I have a killing ability. Dammit Jim, I'm a doctor, not a murderer. :P

can you remind me of spiesr's abilities? ;)
Also your role changed to doc after you guys made your acheived your zombie thingy according to you. What exactly was your role before being a doc as a helper other than a "corpse provider"? Can you let us know all the revival/protection attempts you guys did since day 1? would be interesting to retrace the other kill attempts to find a pattern.
Also, NG would really need your help on this. Can you look through all the yith info database about potential killers?

If you're referring to Nendreel's later resurrections, all I can say was those were completely his idea and I didn't agree with them. I thought they'd make the game go on too long.

My role pre-victory was zombie reviver. The difference is slight, but important. Doctors protect the living. Reanimators revive the dead. The thing was, our dead had to be fresh in order to test the formula, so we had to get there soon after they died. So we'd revive them before anyone could notice. In short, the only difference is that I don't zombify.

betiko wrote:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Herbert_West

oh wow, those zombies seem to be nice guys!

To be fair, Herbert West is the only person the zombies wanted to kill, at least in the Lovecraft story. I can't speak for any adaptations.

I'm for a doom lynch, but I think that when you know someone is killing people, you should probably deal with that. Hippo's already lied to us, we shouldn't take anything he says at face value.

but pcm, can you confirm zombies become powerless? are you sure of what you guys were doing? from wiki:

Herbert West is the inventor of a special solution that when injected into a main artery of a recently deceased person causes the body's mechanical, living functions to return. However, most subjects that have undergone the "re-animation" process have turned violent and, after failed attempts to return to their own graves, have terrorized the communities into which they were reanimated.

In Lovecraft's tale, Herbert West was ostracized by his fellow medical students because he believed he could overcome death and had only one friend: the unnamed narrator of the story. After a series of successful experiments Herbert West is eventually torn to pieces by his own experiments.

when you say that hippo lied, are you talking about targeting nendreel when he actually targeted you? If you are completely sure that zombies can't be killers I'm up to change my vote. I don't think, at least from what yith have told us, that any of them have ever been in a zombie bodie though...
Major betiko

Postby pancakemix on Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:14 pm

I cannot confirm they are powerless. This has actually been one of my greatest fears. I'm afraid that they're after us, but not anyone else. Reading the story proper, you can see that they are wild at first but become more organized as the serum improves. Then they go after West. I can say with certainty that they are not a threat to town.

When I say hippo lied, I mean that he lied to us earlier when he initially claimed. I can't dig it up right now, I'm trying to do things for Rankin/Bass.

Vote Hippo money where my mouth is.
Epic Win

"Always tell the truth. It's the easiest thing to remember." - Richard Roma, Glengarry Glen Ross

aage wrote:Never trust CYOC or pancake.
Corporal 1st Class pancakemix

Postby rishaed on Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:48 pm

If I am not mistaken he claimed Hastur only after lilwitt came out and said he had to kill hastur. Before that he claimed the all knowing one.
aage wrote: Maybe you're right, but since we receive no handlebars from the mod I think we should get some ourselves.

Corporal 1st Class rishaed

Location: Somewhere in the Foundry forums looking for whats going on!

Postby thehippo8 on Tue Jan 08, 2013 5:21 pm

@PCM - I have never lied. If you care to show me a post you are concerned about then I am happy to explain more.

@Betico - I killed Nendreel after targeting Nendreel as I alluded to before doing. It does raise an important issue though. I believe town needs to discuss who I should remove from this point on in. In my view, I need to remove the threats to humans and those threats are the revived. Any revived who are voting for me do so wisely as I am out to get you. Any town voting for me shoudl seriously think about the fact that I am more useful to you. Also, please keep in mind I have already met my WC so I am acting purely altruistically at this point. As I said from the outset, I am here to help humans and no-one else.
ImageImageImage
show
Corporal 1st Class thehippo8

Postby betiko on Tue Jan 08, 2013 5:28 pm

thehippo8 wrote:@PCM - I have never lied. If you care to show me a post you are concerned about then I am happy to explain more.

@Betico - I killed Nendreel after targeting Nendreel as I alluded to before doing. It does raise an important issue though. I believe town needs to discuss who I should remove from this point on in. In my view, I need to remove the threats to humans and those threats are the revived. Any revived who are voting for me do so wisely as I am out to get you. Any town voting for me shoudl seriously think about the fact that I am more useful to you. Also, please keep in mind I have already met my WC so I am acting purely altruistically at this point. As I said from the outset, I am here to help humans and no-one else.

lol all townies are revived (spiesr, saf, soundman) or zombie (rodion), try again.
Major betiko

Postby thehippo8 on Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:38 pm

betiko wrote:
thehippo8 wrote:@PCM - I have never lied. If you care to show me a post you are concerned about then I am happy to explain more.

lol all townies are revived (spiesr, saf, soundman) or zombie (rodion), try again.

Sorry? Are you suggesting that there are no pure townies left? That makes no sense. Maybe I was not clear. I see a difference between townies which have not died and been revived and those which have (let's call them townies and zombies). I guess this could best be described as a cult versus town game rather than scum versus town game. Is that clearer?
ImageImageImage
show

Postby spiesr on Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:50 pm

thehippo8 wrote:Sorry? Are you suggesting that there are no pure townies left? That makes no sense. Maybe I was not clear. I see a difference between townies which have not died and been revived and those which have (let's call them townies and zombies). I guess this could best be described as a cult versus town game rather than scum versus town game. Is that clearer?
4 people have claimed to be "Town," all of them have been killed and revived.
Anyhow, Vote Hippo, he seems to be the biggest threat right now and will hopefully die this time.
Captain spiesr

Postby rishaed on Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:06 pm

We have so many revived people that if it were a Cult v. Town game then town would have already lost. vote Hippo
aage wrote: Maybe you're right, but since we receive no handlebars from the mod I think we should get some ourselves.

Postby thehippo8 on Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:28 pm

@ Spiesr and Rishaed - given your positions I expect nothing less. However, Rishaed in particular, who do you say (aside from me - which I dispute) are threats to town?
ImageImageImage
show

Postby / on Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:46 pm

betiko: 1 vote; DoomYoshi
thehippo8: 4 votes; soundman, pancakemix, spiesr, rishaed
DoomYoshi: 2 votes; Rodion, betiko

with 12 alive it takes 6 to lynch, deadline next sunday
Sergeant 1st Class /

Postby rishaed on Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:57 pm

Honestly speaking we have Betiko, who has openly admitting to vigging ppl he considered useless. Doom who seems suspicious, and could be a cultie as well as a zombie, however with the revived, and it being down to someone who from flavor seems to be an SK it means that one of us is the killer/SK seeing as we all know that you killed Nendreel last night, betiko killed chap, and someone else killed IB and Spiesr and this someone isnt publically coming out so I say that we probably have an SK. The question is who.

Postby thehippo8 on Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:40 pm

rishaed wrote:Honestly speaking we have Betiko, who has openly admitting to vigging ppl he considered useless. Doom who seems suspicious, and could be a cultie as well as a zombie, however with the revived, and it being down to someone who from flavor seems to be an SK it means that one of us is the killer/SK seeing as we all know that you killed Nendreel last night, betiko killed chap, and someone else killed IB and Spiesr and this someone isnt publically coming out so I say that we probably have an SK. The question is who.

Well, how about this then. We lynch Doom today and I kill Betico tonight and then we will see whether you are telling the truth. If you are, that will be the end of the game. If not then it's back to what I said. So, on that note ... unvote vote Doom.
ImageImageImage
show

Postby rishaed on Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:25 pm

thehippo8 wrote:
rishaed wrote:Honestly speaking we have Betiko, who has openly admitting to vigging ppl he considered useless. Doom who seems suspicious, and could be a cultie as well as a zombie, however with the revived, and it being down to someone who from flavor seems to be an SK it means that one of us is the killer/SK seeing as we all know that you killed Nendreel last night, betiko killed chap, and someone else killed IB and Spiesr and this someone isnt publically coming out so I say that we probably have an SK. The question is who.

Well, how about this then. We lynch Doom today and I kill Betico tonight and then we will see whether you are telling the truth. If you are, that will be the end of the game. If not then it's back to what I said. So, on that note ... unvote vote Doom.

How does this prove whether or not I am telling the truth? :-s You asked for my opinion so i gave MHO, nothing more, nothing less it could be right, and it could be wrong. I'm starting to think that you have an innate 1-shot of unlynchableness, just like Witt. Its just a gut feeling from the last coupla posts from you.

Postby betiko on Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:10 am

jonty is flying nice and low under all you guy's radar I see. he has been posting the minimum today and absolutely doesn't want to participate in this conversation. he is or has been insane as far as we have noticed and he has a killing ability. I want a full action recap by jonty and rishaed, don t know if i m the only one interested in that.

hippo: anther post not making any sense. how could killing me and doom result in an immediate endgame knowing all that we know? I don t think there is any way to end this before at least a couple of day more depending on number of night kills.
Major betiko

Postby rishaed on Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:51 am

I've already given all/almost all of my Night actions out in the thread, but i agree since Jonty has the Necromicon and is insane we do not know what changes have been made to him, other than he cannot vote today.

Postby thehippo8 on Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:50 am

Hmmm ... one point is that jonty pretty much said in the thread he had the necronomicon (well it was clear to me) and sure enough he did. Then he said that he killed to get it. So, either he guessed who had it before I did and knowing what I was after I fell for his bait. I confess thereafter I've assumed he was town. But maybe he isn't.

Rishaed's non-committal response to my suggestion was interesting. Betico's response was just as intereseting (although I siuspect that he was genuienly unimpressed with my suggestion). No-ne else wants to wade in.

But ... yes ... jonty ... now, that's an interesting angle. I've been duped many a time in this wondorous game and people never cease to surprise me by their skill.

Anyway, I was clearly not committed to my plan and given Rishaed won't even buy into it ... I will simple dispense with that as wrong.

Unvote

And as Betico has pointed out, I'm struggling here and should have done as I said earlier and read up a bit before wading in. So, let me sit back and hear your theories. More importantly - let's hear from jonty!
ImageImageImage
show

Postby betiko on Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:26 am

jonty125 wrote:I hammered ghostly, and got the Necromicon. My random sleep effect means I am voteless for today.

reminder for hippo. this was 2-3 pages back. are you high on something since yesterday? are you doing it on purpose to prove you're unlynchable or are you trying to protect jonty possibly aligned with you? or both?
you were pretty consistent all this game and you've been giving a bit too many wtf statements today/yesterday. Strategy or genuinely that lost?
How did you find out jonty had the necro if you are that lost in the game?
something smells ugly there.
Major betiko

Postby jonty125 on Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:36 am

What would you like me to do, I have told all my night action results as I've got them. I had the Necromicon pinched off me by hippo.
War doesn't determine who's right; it determines who's left.
Cook jonty125

Postby betiko on Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:57 am

jonty125 wrote:What would you like me to do, I have told all my night action results as I've got them. I had the Necromicon pinched off me by hippo.

remind us night by night your actions is all I'm asking. You've given them more or less and not every day. you ve been doing some lonely stuff and i'm not sure what it was all about..
Major betiko

Postby jonty125 on Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:31 am

I think I've slept every night bar two. One, I forgot to send the PM in. Two, I roleblock LittleWitt the night after our failed lynch attempt.
War doesn't determine who's right; it determines who's left.
Cook jonty125

Postby / on Thu Jan 10, 2013 4:26 pm

I think the vote count is the same.
Little Witt 2.0 replaces Commander9
Sergeant 1st Class /

Postby betiko on Thu Jan 10, 2013 4:37 pm

/ wrote:I think the vote count is the same.
Little Witt 2.0 replaces Commander9

cool! will witt receive all the reports you sent commander and all? a bit ugly the way he left, he is playing other mafia games and gave up after what jak did, accusing him of throwing the game but he did worse imo..
Major betiko

Postby / on Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:34 pm

I have sent Little Witt the gist of anything pertaining to comm's role that I have recorded. No specific copies of PMs have been forwarded.

PS to everyone:I have specifically banned any disclosure of Little Witt's previous role, so please avoid asking him about that.
Sergeant 1st Class /

Postby safariguy5 on Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:20 pm

Sorry for the long absence. Vacation and settling into work here. I'll try to read up a bit and add some input soon.
Captain safariguy5

Postby safariguy5 on Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:26 pm

Alright, a quick read leads me to believe that hippo advocating for my death simply because I've been revived is very shortsighted. Course, I'll come out with the standard boiler plate and say that my alignment has not changed. That said, betiko's vig claim could easily be a thin cover for SKer if we do indeed have one. At this point in the game with town numbers getting low, it might buy a SKer enough time to endgame the rest of the players considering how few confirmed townies we actually have. I'd personally support a lynch of either betiko or hippo.
Captain safariguy5

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Archives