Conquer Club

Maps not able to be made because of Copyright

Topics that are not maps. Discuss general map making concepts, techniques, contests, etc, here.

Moderator: Cartographers

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Maps not able to be made because of Copyright

Postby cairnswk on Thu Jan 10, 2013 3:29 pm

Hi

I have just had another request to make a LotR map.
i know this has been answered several times and tnb has locked the thread on it but it is hidden away.

Is there any chance that we can get an - "Unable to Made Because of Whatever Issue" or something similarly entitled in the top forum section of the drafting room so that we don't continually have to go over and over this issue.

thanks.
* Pearl Harbour * Waterloo * Forbidden City * Jamaica * Pot Mosbi
Private cairnswk

Re: Maps not able to be made because of Copyright

Postby nolefan5311 on Thu Jan 10, 2013 3:53 pm

cairnswk wrote:Hi

i know this has been answered several times and tnb has locked the thread on it but it is hidden away.

Is there any chance that we can get an - "Unable to Made Because of Whatever Issue" or something similarly entitled in the top forum section of the drafting room so that we don't continually have to go over and over this issue.

thanks.

I will let tnb be the final word on this, but there are probably way too many potential maps that could be listed for us to create a thread on it.

If you want people to stop pestering you about map ideas, the safest thing to do is to stop making maps LOL. For instance, I have never once been asked to make a map about anything.
Captain nolefan5311

Postby cairnswk on Thu Jan 10, 2013 4:25 pm

nolefan5311 wrote:

thanks.

I will let tnb be the final word on this, but there are probably way too many potential maps that could be listed for us to create a thread on it.

If you want people to stop pestering you about map ideas, the safest thing to do is to stop making maps LOL. For instance, I have never once been asked to make a map about anything.

nolefan5311...now that's just a plain stupid (and i must say negative) idea for me to stop making maps...although i don't doubt it will happen one day.
My slant is that some of these topics are continually asked for not just from me, so it wouldn't hurt to have something like this. :idea:
Private cairnswk

Postby thenobodies80 on Thu Jan 10, 2013 4:27 pm

I think we can write something to explain that concept without list all the maps that can not be done for copyright reason.
Sergeant 1st Class thenobodies80

Postby cairnswk on Thu Jan 10, 2013 4:35 pm

thenobodies80 wrote:I think we can write something to explain that concept without list all the maps that can not be done for copyright reason.

thank-you tnb. although i would suggest as examples in your writing...you include Game of Thrones and Lord of the Rings. :)
Private cairnswk

Postby nolefan5311 on Thu Jan 10, 2013 4:39 pm

cairnswk wrote:
nolefan5311 wrote:

thanks.

nolefan5311...now that's just a plain stupid (and i must say negative) idea for me to stop making maps...although i don't doubt it will happen one day.
My slant is that some of these topics are continually asked for not just from me, so it wouldn't hurt to have something like this. :idea:

Honestly cairns, I have no idea if you have any idea that I was joking. I thought I made it pretty obvious with the LOL and the smiley face.
Captain nolefan5311

Postby greenoaks on Thu Jan 10, 2013 4:52 pm

nolefan5311 wrote:

thanks.

hey noles, could you map me a map of College Football, maybe something along the lines of Cricket with Noles fans and Gator fans in the stadium.

O:)
Sergeant greenoaks

Postby nolefan5311 on Thu Jan 10, 2013 4:54 pm

greenoaks wrote:
nolefan5311 wrote:

thanks.

hey noles, could you map me a map of College Football, maybe something along the lines of Cricket with Noles fans and Gator fans in the stadium.

O:)

Ha! I would make it Noles and Gators both on the field, with the Gators getting destroyed.
Captain nolefan5311

Postby cairnswk on Thu Jan 10, 2013 4:55 pm

nolefan5311 wrote:Honestly cairns, I have no idea if you have any idea that I was joking. I thought I made it pretty obvious with the LOL and the smiley face.

Sorry nolefan5311, but a LOL can be taken two ways, and i though it was a negative idea for you to even write that, and there was no smiley face in the original.
Private cairnswk

Postby nolefan5311 on Thu Jan 10, 2013 4:57 pm

cairnswk wrote:
nolefan5311 wrote:Honestly cairns, I have no idea if you have any idea that I was joking. I thought I made it pretty obvious with the LOL and the smiley face.

Sorry nolefan5311, but a LOL can be taken two ways, and i though it was a negative idea for you to even write that, and there was no smiley face in the original.

No worries :)
Captain nolefan5311

Return to Foundry Discussions