Conquer Club

Football (real)

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Football (real)

Postby Pirlo on Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:25 pm

nietzsche wrote:
Pirlo wrote:
nietzsche wrote:
Pirlo wrote:
Oh come on Nietto!!!

El Kun is a great player... Higuain is ok.. Lavezzi? tell me you are kidding please... Tevez is a piece of shit and unreliable prick who could at any moment disappoint the hell out of you.

annnnnnnnnnd I never said WC was unworthy, did I? Messi needs the WC only to make his unique achievements perfect, not to prove himself the best though, because he already did the latter even with no WC ;)

I'm a fan of Argentina, and I watch them sooooooo closely... enough to know what their real problems are.. It's way much deeper than just a coach. To mention some of them, they have a retarded federation, shitty media that always put too much pressure on players, lack of games in a decent competition other than the world cup, poor economy that limit their budget to hire a good technical staff, and lack of key players in midfield and defense!

You know I love you that's why I have to treat you badly so you become stronger.

Remember the Argentina of La Brujita Veron? I bet you also thought it was an incredible team, yet they didn't win the WC, if only they had had Maradona ;)

huh? you need Juan Veron the legendary maestro? I think they needed a bit of luck to conquer that death group. They had more than enough superstars.

I think one of the factors to affect Argentina performance is the downfall of Serie A... the Italian Calcio seemed to be am idea environment for the Argentine players. If my memory is good, the majority of that super team of 2002 came from Serie A, no?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2002_FIFA_ ... #Argentina

Only 1 more than from Spain. But yes, the most important ones were playing in Italy: Veron, Zanetti, Simeone, Batistuta, El Piojo, Samuel.

Oh yeah... Veron made the worst thing ever though when he moved to Man U :(
Captain Pirlo

Postby betiko on Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:14 pm

you don't like lavezzi pirlo? what a poor taste. and higuain just an ok player??? i prefer higuain over kun.
Major betiko

Postby Pirlo on Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:24 pm

betiko wrote:you don't like lavezzi pirlo? what a poor taste. and higuain just an ok player??? i prefer higuain over kun.

I know my taste is hard :D

I'm fond of the 1998-2006 Serie A when tactic was extreme and where you needed an exceptional striker to make his way through tightly locked defenses! :lol:
Captain Pirlo

Postby HardAttack on Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:25 pm

since we are speaking about argentina,
what about these below :lol:

LEGENDS of WAR
Colonel HardAttack

Postby JBlombier on Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:05 pm

To be hounest, Caniggia has some nice goals in that video, but most of them were just very well built-up and he finished them.
Batistuta on the other hand has created some amazing goals. I had never heard of both of these players, but Batistuta has gotten some newborn respect from me.
Colonel JBlombier

Postby betiko on Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:46 pm

JBlombier wrote:To be hounest, Caniggia has some nice goals in that video, but most of them were just very well built-up and he finished them.
Batistuta on the other hand has created some amazing goals. I had never heard of both of these players, but Batistuta has gotten some newborn respect from me.

you never heard of batistuta??? wtf! When did he retire, in 2004 or something? he was in the world cup2002 for sure and not in the 2006. He is the top scorer ever of the argentinian national team. He mostly played for the fiorentina, I don't remember too much the other clubs he's been in.. But the Fiore was all about Batistuta and Rui Costa during many many seasons.
Major betiko

Postby HardAttack on Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:11 pm

betiko wrote:
JBlombier wrote:To be hounest, Caniggia has some nice goals in that video, but most of them were just very well built-up and he finished them.

you never heard of batistuta??? wtf! When did he retire, in 2004 or something? he was in the world cup2002 for sure and not in the 2006. He is the top scorer ever of the argentinian national team. He mostly played for the fiorentina, I don't remember too much the other clubs he's been in.. But the Fiore was all about Batistuta and Rui Costa during many many seasons.

In 2000, moved to AS ROMA from FIO, and at the same season he moved in AS ROMA, ROMA won the serie A title.
He stayed 2-3 seasons there then moved to some United Arab Emirates team. Somewhere around 2004-2005 he retired.

Well, canigia used to a splinter style football player, used to be very very fast/pace with some reasonable quaility... Of course not a maradona. :)
Batistuta, from profitability measures (goals/positions/attempts), has been named best striker ever. His nickname is Batigol...

One another interesting note, in italian seria A history, very epic it is, two argentinians, had been loved wide spread in what city they played for, both made the team top notch teams as long as they played in...

It is batistuta for fiorentina, and maradona for napoli. The common in both, teams are not very top teams but with batigoal in fio, fio used to be finishing league in first 5 most of times, used to be real competetor in european cups and coppa italia...With maradona, napoli, a team barely staying away from relegation, climbed the stairs in rocket fast steps, not sure, two times i guess winning seria A title in 1987 and 1989 ? And also winning UEFA cup in 1988 ? .... well, for todays big big trust teams, such as barca, manu, real madrid, you add some more, for those teams to win such cups is not much but fans are very well familiar to those thropy victories, but very very sure for teams like fiorentina and napoli (especially napoli) such victories MEANT HUGE... simple, a history to remember for a century or even more for em. =D>

Well, i very well understand the feeling, since i am a Galatasaray fan, and we won UEFA cup in 2000 over Arsenal in Denmark...We had George Hagi, a hero, and he had added a lot to the team... What maradona meant to napoli, is same hagi meant for galatasaray :) We used to call Hagi as maradona of carpatians :)
LEGENDS of WAR
Colonel HardAttack

Postby nietzsche on Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:23 pm

In the first participation of Mexico in Copa America, Batistuta scored against us twice in the final, the final score was 2-1.

I don't like Batistuta.

el cartoncito mas triste del mundo
General nietzsche

Postby gordon1975 on Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:57 pm

canigia moved to Dundee,then Glasgow rangers bought him think about 2003,he was awesome even in his later years,his trickery was amazing to watch live,would of been great to see him in his prime,round about the same time Dundee bought Fabrizio Ravanelli as well,his stint didnt go so well
God can judge my enemies, i will arrange the meeting.
Lieutenant gordon1975

Postby betiko on Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:55 am

yeah true, I remember now batistuta playing for the AS roma for a couple of years when he was quite old, but he is more remembered for his stay in florence where he spent his best years.

Of course I remember galatasaray winning the UEFA cup ;) by the way, you guys are far from that level in the past 10 years right? I haven't seen galatasaray in champions league for years, it's all about fenerbaçe now (sorry it might piss you off but it is the truth lol). By the way, is there anyone in istambul supporting istambulspor?? What is this club about, isn't there enough with the 3 big ones?
Major betiko

Postby HardAttack on Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:59 am

betiko wrote:yeah true, I remember now batistuta playing for the AS roma for a couple of years when he was quite old, but he is more remembered for his stay in florence where he spent his best years.

Of course I remember galatasaray winning the UEFA cup ;) by the way, you guys are far from that level in the past 10 years right? I haven't seen galatasaray in champions league for years, it's all about fenerbaçe now (sorry it might piss you off but it is the truth lol). By the way, is there anyone in istambul supporting istambulspor?? What is this club about, isn't there enough with the 3 big ones?

Well, it was first time a turkish premier league team went that far winning UEFA cup in all turkish league history.
The other and close best show was in 1988, once again galatasaray played semifinals in champions clubs cup (old name of champions league), interestingly it was once again george hagi but this time playing for steau buchresti eleminated us :))) Well, galatasaray has a spirit which other teams in turkey dont have as much as galatasaray has. Club formed in 1905, and the first chairman/president of the club and his very well recognized speech, "Galatasaray is formed to be good sport over foreign teams"... He was pointing out the goal/objective of galataray from that day to now...Who knows why galatasaray is the only one team in turkey to have the best show in european field, maybe because the first president the way he showed the objective, maybe something else... Just simple to say, galatasaray, my team has got the highest spirit in european thropies compared to other turkish league teams.

Well, after 2000, galatasaray made it quite well for 1 or 2 more years but very well high skilled players went abroad to play in real big clubs, how they performed, to me most of them not did well but a few of em did allright...Such as Tugay Kerimoglu for Blackburn Rovers....After 2002 galatasaray went down big time, all good players went away to big european teams, some got retired such as Popescu, George Hagi, Cladio Taffarel (he used to be more than a good goal keeper but very well used to be a defender/sweeper...what i mean is, his playing ability was ok and every single defender in galatasaray very well was allright to send the ball to taffarel with full confidence and they knew taffi wud do/use that ball cool without mistake) That is why i say taffi/taffarel was more than a good goalkeeper but with him galatasaray looked like playing as 12 players :) After winning UEFA 2000, coach left to italy, to fiorentina then transfarred to milan. Well, to be more, galatasaray losing his best players to retirement or to transfers, and team did not make good money from these transfers, due to contract problems. Most of top players having their contracts to end in summer of 2000, then transferred to european clubs without club transfer fee. Economic problems and it is not easy to have good players even though you have got the money, then galatasaray went into an ordinary league team from a top notch team...Nowadays we are packing up once again, slightly becoming strong every single day once back again. Not as strong as we were in 2000, but it is what we aim to get there...Time will show up how good we are gonna make it.

Schalke is a lucky draw for galatasaray for very sure. It cud have been very worse :) I have my hopes over a possible win against schalke, but i wudnt have it if it was barca for example. Well, this year champions league show up of galatasaray, brought up some important financial income to the club. I am certain they will use it smart to buy some cool names to get bit more strong. IMO galatasaray, once again about to get born from ashes, will take a few more years to the top flight...

Fenerbahce, rival club, good team and the challenge atmosphere between galatasayar and fenerbahce is not much different relationship between lions and hygenas :D :D If you ask me, as a team, right now, galatasaray is better than fenerbahce, but the difference/gap is as not big as it was in 2000s.
LEGENDS of WAR
Colonel HardAttack

Postby HardAttack on Fri Jan 11, 2013 8:10 am

IMO, big difference of football today and 20 years ago is, football in 80s and 90s used to have good/promising/talented youngsters to come from B teams to the A teams. But today very less teams have it a way to bring competetion to the field. Most of teams choose it the faster way to buy ready players from other clubs which is fast in response to success but in return a big problem in all over world football. Evry day we have all teams slightly picking this way then the resources are getting narrow sadly.
LEGENDS of WAR
Colonel HardAttack

Postby betiko on Fri Jan 11, 2013 8:26 am

so you didn't answer about istambulspor! :) isthere anyone in istambul supporting that team???
also you don't mention besiktas, is it the third club by far in terms of supporters behind fenerbaçe and galatasaray?
I remember something that you will not like lol, Ribéry!!! We took him for free from you guys as you hadn't paid his salary for monthes, he did a couple of outstanding seaons in Marseille then we sold him for 25M€ to the bayern! and now he's been elected the best player of the bundesliga a few times including last season.
Looking at the team you have right now and here are the players I know: emmanuel éboué, Ujfalusi, hamit altintop, (emre seems to be a different emre right?), felipe melo, albert riera, umut bulut, milan baros and johan elmander. Yeah you have a very decent team, I didn't realize you had all these guys now.

looking at fenerbaçe this season the players I know:
Volkan, joseph yobo, alex, krasic, raul meireles, dirk kuyt and moussa sow. where did mahmadou niang go??

looking at the standings and you guys are actually first! fenerbaçe 4th and it's Besiktas second. Yeah I guess you guys are comming back on the front scene, from my prism 10 years ago galatasaray was number 1 by far in turkey, and for the past 10 years fenerbaçe was number 1 by far, they bought lots of reknown players.

oh, and did I invent istambulspor? I'm sure I saw that club name a few years ago lol. There is a club there called Istanbul Büyüksehir that I never heard of.

Also I remember a couple of seasons ago a shitty club called bursaspor won the league on the last game after fenerbaçe completely screw up! And last year Trabzonspor represented turkey innn champions league as fenerbaçe got disqualified because they bribed referees or something like that?

other question: galatasaray is originally an international college right?
Major betiko

Postby Pirlo on Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:03 am

Batistuta had played for Inter too, before he moved to Qatar, btw.
Captain Pirlo

Postby betiko on Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:25 am

Pirlo wrote:Batistuta had played for Inter too, before he moved to Qatar, btw.

now i really don't remember him playing for inter, probably just 1 season when he was really old.
Major betiko

Postby Pirlo on Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:07 pm

betiko wrote:
Pirlo wrote:Batistuta had played for Inter too, before he moved to Qatar, btw.

now i really don't remember him playing for inter, probably just 1 season when he was really old.

got loaned last 2 months of a season when their Crespo was injured!
Captain Pirlo

Postby HardAttack on Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:18 pm

betiko wrote:so you didn't answer about istambulspor! :) isthere anyone in istambul supporting that team???
also you don't mention besiktas, is it the third club by far in terms of supporters behind fenerbaçe and galatasaray?
I remember something that you will not like lol, Ribéry!!! We took him for free from you guys as you hadn't paid his salary for monthes, he did a couple of outstanding seaons in Marseille then we sold him for 25M€ to the bayern! and now he's been elected the best player of the bundesliga a few times including last season.
Looking at the team you have right now and here are the players I know: emmanuel éboué, Ujfalusi, hamit altintop, (emre seems to be a different emre right?), felipe melo, albert riera, umut bulut, milan baros and johan elmander. Yeah you have a very decent team, I didn't realize you had all these guys now.

looking at fenerbaçe this season the players I know:
Volkan, joseph yobo, alex, krasic, raul meireles, dirk kuyt and moussa sow. where did mahmadou niang go??

looking at the standings and you guys are actually first! fenerbaçe 4th and it's Besiktas second. Yeah I guess you guys are comming back on the front scene, from my prism 10 years ago galatasaray was number 1 by far in turkey, and for the past 10 years fenerbaçe was number 1 by far, they bought lots of reknown players.

oh, and did I invent istambulspor? I'm sure I saw that club name a few years ago lol. There is a club there called Istanbul Büyüksehir that I never heard of.

Also I remember a couple of seasons ago a shitty club called bursaspor won the league on the last game after fenerbaçe completely screw up! And last year Trabzonspor represented turkey innn champions league as fenerbaçe got disqualified because they bribed referees or something like that?

other question: galatasaray is originally an international college right?

Istanbulspor has a past, i mean it is not a new club but old one. I am not that old to remember well of their early years and didnt have much fancy to read/research over them. But going back to 15-20 years, in the second part of 1990s, a wealthy individual elected as president to the club and bought some national/international well known names, bringing up in the team and making team to rock and roll for about 3-4 seasons...Used to be placed in the secondary leagues, but after he sat in president seat, it didnt take time for istanbulspor to promote to super league and becoming a strong team finishing league all the time in the top 5 position...But it took only 3-4 years, then management changed then they once again went down under the cliff to the bottom leagues. Now, where they are, in what league, i really dont know. :)

Istanbulspor, i dont know why, but never had a big fan portion, never had the stadium filled with his own supporters even when they were doing allright in super league. It must be due to the fact that, city istanbul supports 4 teams mostly, galatasaray/fenerbahce/besiktas and trabzonspor mostly. Tranzonspor is not an Istanbul team, but Istanbul as a city has a huge population migrated in from trabzon and environment, hence these ppl supports trabzonspor..

Besiktas, not any doing good in last decade. Never been a good competetion in european field but like a lightning, sometimes had some spectacuclar results over european big clubs, a few examples, in early 2000s, won over barcelona in istanbul, won against liverpool in istanbul, won over chelsea in london...But these successes are not continious successes...Generally and mostly, besiktas is an allright team/club, having a big fan population, but not doing as good as galatasaray/fenerbahce.

Trabzonspor is an anatolian team. In turkey we have teams, and a way we name em as Istanbul teams(this name mostly refers to Fenerbahce/Galatasaray/Besiktas) and Antolian Teams(teams they have their home games in variety of anatolian provinces, such as Trabzonspor, Sivasspor, Kayserispor, Antalyaspor, Bursaspor, Eskisehirspor, Genclerbirligi ....)... Istanbul teams are rich compared to anatolian teams therefore can afford more money for transfers, bringing higher quality players...From players's perspective, istanbul, being a very big/historical/touristic/nice city is a very important adavntage very sure. A player well, can prefer an istanbul team over anatolian team on this reason and i will very well understand it why...In anatolian clubs, Trabzonspor has a glorious history over years...Most successfull anatolian team in turkish football history. Not sure but i guess they had 5 title position in super league, in 1960s-1970s and in the rest they finished league in top 5 all of the times, showing up a strong team/competetion in superleague. Right now, they are an ok team but suffering from Istanbul clubs, mostly due to losing their good players to Istanbul teams, well, due to well-known reasons. What Istanbul can offer as a city which no other city in Turkey cud provided, and prolly financial issues as well...So, it is a big deal for anatolian teams have to cope with...There should be a way to keep their good talents/players so they can come strong teams/plays.

Ribery, a trualy sad story for galatasaray. Well, i remember his play in galatasaray, we saw it very well him, his big talent and his capability...What i can say, a big lose for us, and what more sad is, losing him with zero money is of course another sad thing to add. For galatasaray, another lose is Mircea Lucescu IMO...He is now in Shakter Donets and doing excellent job...He used to be coaching galatasaray from 2000 to 2003 or something and he came to Turkey, very much my opinion but hagi and popescu had influence over him to sign the contract to coach the team. Mircea used to be an allright coach before he came to galatasaray, he used to be coaching Inter for some years in mid 1990s...Well, i dont know if he did good there...

Buyuksehir Belediye and Istanbulspor are two different teams mate...
Galatasaray has some players,
My opinions are;
emmanuel éboué, real good player...i see cafu style in this guy...defender and using right lane he gives good support through attacks.
Ujfalusi, i hope he recovered from his wounded situation...Real good defender and very exprienced. We need he make a come back soon. Last time i know, he is suffering from a long term wound.
hamit altintop, good player, he has some awesome direct shoots, can be real dangerous for opposing team goal keepers.
(emre seems to be a different emre right?), emre i think he is playing for atletico madrid together with arda turan.
felipe melo, used to be better show up in previous season but this season he is not as good as he was in previous season...I know he is a real good player, highly skilled, i hope he comes back to his past performance pretty soon.
albert riera, well, hmmm, he is ok i think...
umut bulut, needs to add to himself but ok....
milan baros left the club. I didnt like his performance at all...
johan elmander, great skill...His this year performance is not as good as his previous year. But his previous year performace was godlike. So i am pretty well hoping to see him make a good come back...
To the most, it is our goal keeper, Muslera, this kid has got a very good talent keeping his gate :)
LEGENDS of WAR
Colonel HardAttack

Postby betiko on Sun Jan 13, 2013 10:30 pm

thanks for that overview of turkish superleague hard attack :)

I love knowing more about other leagues, the rivalry within a city or with other regions, the fan bases ect. Turkish fans are known to be among the most passionate along with greek ones.

I remember one thing that I really didn't like, it was a playoff between turkey and switzerland, I don't remember I think it was a playoff for the world cup 2006 or something. The second game was taking place in turkey who was going to get eliminated, and some turkish players went crazy and started fighting with the swiss players, including a really bad kick in the nuts to Magnien, then the cops doing the security came on the pitch and started hitting the swiss players as well... really crazy I never saw something like that, I think that the turkish federation got a pretty bad sanction after that..
Major betiko

Postby Nola_Lifer on Mon Jan 14, 2013 5:25 pm

Turkish League ;)

Major Nola_Lifer

Postby HardAttack on Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:05 pm

betiko wrote:thanks for that overview of turkish superleague hard attack :)

I love knowing more about other leagues, the rivalry within a city or with other regions, the fan bases ect. Turkish fans are known to be among the most passionate along with greek ones.

I remember one thing that I really didn't like, it was a playoff between turkey and switzerland, I don't remember I think it was a playoff for the world cup 2006 or something. The second game was taking place in turkey who was going to get eliminated, and some turkish players went crazy and started fighting with the swiss players, including a really bad kick in the nuts to Magnien, then the cops doing the security came on the pitch and started hitting the swiss players as well... really crazy I never saw something like that, I think that the turkish federation got a pretty bad sanction after that..

+1

that was far from fairplay spirit bud, i never do approve such scenes but blaming deep from my heart.
well, passionate defines us most of times :D
LEGENDS of WAR
Colonel HardAttack

Postby HardAttack on Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:05 pm

Nola_Lifer wrote:Turkish League ;)

:lol:
this is cute =D>
LEGENDS of WAR
Colonel HardAttack

Postby betiko on Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:41 am

hey hard attack, just heard Sneijder signed for galatasaray! you must be very happy! ;)
Major betiko

Postby HardAttack on Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:30 pm

betiko wrote:hey hard attack, just heard Sneijder signed for galatasaray! you must be very happy! ;)

:P
yay!!!
=D>
LEGENDS of WAR
Colonel HardAttack

Postby Nola_Lifer on Mon Jan 21, 2013 6:25 pm

HardAttack wrote:
betiko wrote:hey hard attack, just heard Sneijder signed for galatasaray! you must be very happy! ;)

:P
yay!!!
=D>

Past his prime specially for 200k a week.
Major Nola_Lifer

Postby Pirlo on Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:47 am

Arrogants just can't change... He pretended to be humble over the past few months in order to win the Balon D'Or.. but meh..

http://www.marca.com/2013/01/22/futbol/ ... 54702.html

Captain Pirlo

PreviousNext

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,