Conquer Club

Cross Map Platinum

Suggestions that have been archived.

Moderator: Community Team

Cross Map Platinum

Postby Boss_oss_ss on Wed Sep 24, 2008 11:15 am

100 map medal

Description: a one off medal Similar to normal map medal but for wining against 5 seperate people on all 100 maps!!!
Private 1st Class Boss_oss_ss

Re: Medal Suggestion List

Postby lancehoch on Wed Sep 24, 2008 11:25 am

Sorry, too late, there are 102 maps now.
Sergeant lancehoch

Postby lt.pie on Thu Oct 09, 2008 3:07 am

Haven't read any of the other pages but i think defeating 5 unique players on 100 maps should get you the top medal for that catagory.
Captain lt.pie

Postby lt.pie on Thu Oct 09, 2008 3:09 am

But i also think you should set the lowest medal for that catagory at at least 50 maps. Another great idea would be a series of medals for score achieved say 1200 for bronze up to 4000 for platinum.
Captain lt.pie

Postby lt.pie on Thu Oct 09, 2008 4:54 am

Considering there are only 8 players on the site near or above 100 maps played with 5 unique kills and the inability to play one of those maps,100 for platinum instead of all seems more reasonable to obtain .
Captain lt.pie

Postby SuicidalSnowman on Thu Oct 09, 2008 7:14 am

For the cross map medals, maybe the graphics could be changed, so that you still have the globe, but inside is a number denoting how many maps.

It could be levelled in the following way:

Bronze world with '25' inside: Defeat 5 opponents on 25 maps
Silver world with '25' inside: Defeat 50 opponents on 25 maps
Gold world with '25' inside: Defeat 100 opponents on 25 maps

Then, as follows,

Bronze world with '50' inside: Defeat 5 opponents on 50 maps
Silver world with '50' inside: Defeat 50 opponents on 50 maps
Gold world with '50' inside: Defeat 100 opponents on 50 maps

Bronze world with '75' inside: Defeat 5 opponents on 75 maps
Silver world with '75' inside: Defeat 50 opponents on 75 maps
Gold world with '75' inside: Defeat 100 opponents on 75 maps

Bronze world with '100' inside: Defeat 5 opponents on 100 maps
Silver world with '100' inside: Defeat 50 opponents on 100 maps
Gold world with '100' inside: Defeat 100 opponents on 100 maps

Obviously, the language should be written to match existing medals "Player has defeated X unique player on x unique maps" or however it is written.

There are several benefits to cross map medals made this way.

1) It allows for expansion:

Previously, someone suggested we make a 100 maps medal. By the time it was replied to, we had 102 maps. This way, as new maps are added, the medals can expand to include them.

2) It follows with the current way medals are awarded.

The language and standards of this follow closely the other medals, where it is number of opponents that determines the color of the medal.

Considerations:

1)Pacing:
I have some CC experience, but not nearly as much as others here. I think that the current number of map increments (25) is a fair method. It currently allows for 4 levels of achievement. I don't know how often maps are generally added, but this seems like a good number. However, it could be changed to every fifty, if 25 creates too many medals. I would say less, such as 10 maps per medal, but this might create a flood of medals.

The other side of pacing is the number of opponents defeated. I used the current standards as guidelines, where bronze is relatively easy (20 opponents is like winning 4 games of 5 players, therefore even a low win rate of 10% can do it in 40 games) silver, which requires some dedication and committment, and then gold, which is for the really hardcore, skilled, or crazy. These could be adjusted based on input from someone who has more experience than me, to levels like 1, 10, 50 people defeated.

2)Redundancy

This doesn't bother me so much, but from reading other site admin comments, people might take offense to this. Once someone has received a bronze 100, a bronze 25, 50, or 75 is redundant. A gold 25 is still useful, as it says higher numbers killed but on fewer maps. I don't know if it can be coded to no longer display a medal when it is redundant. If this needs further clarification I can do a chart.

This is my rough idea for improving the map medal, since there are a lot of suggestions about it. Does anyone have any feedback?
Private SuicidalSnowman

Postby PLAYER57832 on Sat Oct 11, 2008 10:38 am

As one of the people who HAS won over 5 games on all but the newest map (soon will have that one, but not yet..) ..

The truth is the cross map achievement is relatively easy if you play 1 v 1, which I do primarily. BUT, is that bad? I say it depends. Lack said he wants to encourage people to play more maps. The cross map does that, to a point. BUT once you have it ... what then. Also, whatever limit is set will always become low over time, simply because more maps are constantly being added. When the medal came out, there were just over 80 maps. Now there are over 100. More are in the foundry.

IDEA 1:
I would like a medal that would award, would encourage folks to KEEP playing new maps. Maybe it should not even be a medal, maybe it should be a badge or trophy some such as described above.

It would work like this:

To earn the badge, you would have to win X games on ALL the maps.

Bronze would be for 5 wins. Silver would be 10 wins Gold would be 20 wins.

Then, when new maps are added, a person would have 30 days to maintain the award. If they don't, they would keep the medal, but it should have an "x" over it, indicating it is a past, not a current award.

This does 2 things. Offers a permanent award for those who do play every map at some point. It offers a future challange for those who want to continue.. or lets folks relax a bit and still keep some recognition of their past achievement.

The result? You will have streaks of people who go for this award for a while. Inevitably, most would either "take a break" or retire. If they stay in CC, chances are they will try again at some point to revive the award. If not, they will go into the annuals of the no longer active/history.

IDEA 2:

The other issue, I illuded to above, is that it is MUCH easier to get some of these medals simply by playing 1 v 1. I LIKE 1 v 1 (obviously!). But, winning a medal by playing a lot of 1 v 1 doesn't seem the same as doing it in multiple player games.

I would like to see a designation added to the award ... definitely for the cross map medal, perhaps for the speed medal as well, indicating if the award was won by winning 1 v 1 or solely by winning multiple player. I realize some will argue "what about 2 person,,, 4 person, etc." But, we have to draw a line somewhere. The 1 v 1 games are unique enough and distinct enough to have a seperate designation. When you get into the differances between 3, 4 and so forth ... the differances, while definitely there are not quite as great as between 3 and 2 person, never mind 8 person.

OH, and I STILL like the idea of badges that show the highest rank someone had, colored for the top few.
Corporal PLAYER57832

Postby lancehoch on Fri Mar 27, 2009 11:24 am

lt.pie wrote:Platinum medal could be achieved in cross map with 125 maps completed with 5 unique kills.

I would suggest that this actually be something like 98% of active maps (but cannot be removed) with 10 kills. Under the reason, it could say "Met requirements for Platinum with 128/130 maps." The It makes this harder to achieve, but it also takes into account the fact that there are more maps being created all the time.
Sergeant lancehoch

Postby lt.pie on Sat Mar 28, 2009 8:14 am

The gap from 60 maps with 5 unique kills for gold to 125 maps with 10 unique kills for platinum seems a little too broad .

perhaps a medal in between..say Diamond, for 110 maps with 5 unique kills ?

then 125 maps with 10 unique kills on each for platinum?
Captain lt.pie

Cross Map Medal Revamp

Postby jimfinn on Fri Aug 05, 2011 7:13 am

Concise description:
  • Create a tiered system of crossmap medals.

Specifics/Details:
  • Currently, there are crossmap medals for acheving 5 unique wins on each of X maps.
  • Create new tiers in which a player can achieve a medal for 10, 25, or 50 unique defeats on each of X maps.
  • These could be called Crossmaps Frontiersman (for 5), Crossmaps Adventurer (for 10), Crossmaps Explorer (for 20), and Crossmaps Navigator (for 50)
  • Each would still come in bronze, silver, and gold based on number of maps, like the current crossmaps.

How this will benefit the site and/or other comments:
  • This would give players a new goal to strive for in mastering a variety of different maps.
Jimfinn is looking for regular doubles/triples/quads partners. Please contact him if you are interested!
Corporal 1st Class jimfinn

Re: Crossmap Tiers

Postby Queen_Herpes on Fri Aug 12, 2011 2:30 pm

agreed
http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=102006

This link is the best way to make new players feel welcome...

http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=102006
Lieutenant Queen_Herpes

Re: Crossmap Tiers

Postby IcePack on Fri Aug 12, 2011 3:16 pm

Sure, +1

fac vitam incredibilem memento vivere
Knowledge Weighs Nothing, Carry All You Can
Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

new super acheivement; super cross map?

Postby betiko on Tue Nov 15, 2011 7:06 am

I was wondering if there could be a super acheivement for super crossmapping all maps instead of the 60 the gold cross map requires?

60 is easy and i do think there is some merit th cross maps that are now over 200 instead of 60 that is not even 30%.
maybe this special medal would be lost once a new map is not beta anymore?
you would need to have all non-betas crossmaped, and try to crossmap betas while they are still betas not to loose your super crossmap medal.
I m not sure it s possible to remove a medal though!

I know a few people who try hard to get them all crossmapped, but it s not something you can see unless they are map ranked...
Major betiko

Re: new super acheivement; super cross map?

Postby macbone on Tue Nov 15, 2011 7:16 am

Excellent idea, Betiko. I wonder how it would be implemented, though, and it would suck to work so hard, only to lose it once a new map came out.
Colonel macbone

Postby betiko on Tue Nov 15, 2011 10:45 am

macbone wrote:Excellent idea, Betiko. I wonder how it would be implemented, though, and it would suck to work so hard, only to lose it once a new map came out.

well the good thing is that you would get it back really easily! ;-)

and if you have this medal, I guess you would try crossmap directly all new betas before they stop being betas. It would just be about updating yourself with whatever new map is out.
It s just to avoid having a "super duper crossmap medal" one ce we reach 300 maps or something, just a medal that shows you have crossmapped all existing cc map! ;-)
Major betiko

Postby jeraado on Tue Nov 15, 2011 12:11 pm

I would suggest posting this as a suggestion (in the suggestions forum) so it can be looked at properly
Cadet jeraado

Postby betiko on Tue Nov 15, 2011 1:29 pm

jeraado wrote:I would suggest posting this as a suggestion (in the suggestions forum) so it can be looked at properly

Which mod should I ask to move this to the proper section? I don t even know where the suggestions forum is!
Major betiko

Postby chapcrap on Tue Nov 15, 2011 2:56 pm

betiko wrote:
jeraado wrote:I would suggest posting this as a suggestion (in the suggestions forum) so it can be looked at properly

Which mod should I ask to move this to the proper section? I don t even know where the suggestions forum is!

TheForgivenOne or Metsfanmax are the most active.

Here is the forum: viewforum.php?f=4

Here is a Medal Suggestion List: viewtopic.php?f=535&t=95780

The medal suggestion list includes suggestion or Platinum Medals, which is something along the lines you are talking about. Something that is way above gold.

Also, once a medal is given, it isn't taken away, so if there was a medal for cross mapping all of the maps and you got it, it would not get taken away once a new map came. I would edit the suggestion to be a specific number though instead of all the maps. 200 could be the number.
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby greenoaks on Tue Nov 15, 2011 3:52 pm

200 would be a good number as we just had a 200 map celebration it could tie in with.

5 unique defeats is too small, make it 20 as that is the number for a bronze medal.
Sergeant greenoaks

Postby betiko on Tue Nov 15, 2011 4:22 pm

greenoaks wrote:200 would be a good number as we just had a 200 map celebration it could tie in with.

5 unique defeats is too small, make it 20 as that is the number for a bronze medal.

yeah so the supermedal could be for 200 maps, then bronze=5 silver=10 gold=20 unique kills per map?
Major betiko

Postby Iron Maid on Tue Nov 15, 2011 7:05 pm

betiko wrote:
greenoaks wrote:200 would be a good number as we just had a 200 map celebration it could tie in with.

yeah so the supermedal could be for 200 maps, then bronze=5 silver=10 gold=20 unique kills per map?

Great idea, then I have gold already as I was the first player to get 25 unique opponents beaten on all 200 maps. I still didn't get a medal for it. :cry:
Highest Rank: 60 (Brigadier) Score: 3139 Date: March 26th 2010
Winner of Official 2010 CC World Cup - Singles & Official 200 Maps Tournament
Major Iron Maid
SoC Training Adviser

Postby Dukasaur on Wed Nov 16, 2011 7:17 pm

Iron Maid wrote:
betiko wrote:

Great idea, then I have gold already as I was the first player to get 25 unique opponents beaten on all 200 maps. I still didn't get a medal for it. :cry:

Pretty amazing!

I still have about 30 or 40 maps on which I haven't beaten anyone. :)
Major Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby betiko on Thu Nov 17, 2011 9:17 am

i still have like 40 maps i ve never played lol!

I wonder if you are the only one who would qualify for that gold medal iron maid. I think there are very few who could qualify even for the bronze!
Major betiko

Postby danryan on Thu Nov 17, 2011 10:47 am

=P~ :-^

There's a few.
Sergeant 1st Class danryan

Postby zimmah on Thu Nov 17, 2011 1:01 pm

betiko wrote:I was wondering if there could be a super acheivement for super crossmapping all maps instead of the 60 the gold cross map requires?

60 is easy and i do think there is some merit th cross maps that are now over 200 instead of 60 that is not even 30%.
maybe this special medal would be lost once a new map is not beta anymore?
you would need to have all non-betas crossmaped, and try to crossmap betas while they are still betas not to loose your super crossmap medal.
I m not sure it s possible to remove a medal though!

I know a few people who try hard to get them all crossmapped, but it s not something you can see unless they are map ranked...

a SUPER achievement is basicly when you do something almost never did. compare having won a game on all maps versus having been conqueror. not anywhere NEAR.
Click image to enlarge.
Major zimmah

Next

Return to Archived Suggestions