Conquer Club

Man, don't get irritated, new font - Feb 18, page 3

Have an idea for a map? Discuss ideas and concepts here.

Moderator: Cartographers

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Man, don't get irritated, new font - Feb 18, page 3

Postby Oneyed on Sun Jan 13, 2013 6:53 pm

Map Name:Man, don't get irritated (working title)
Mapmaker(s):Oneyed
Number of Territories:64
Special Features:conditional borders. gameplay?
What Makes This Map Worthy of Being Made:something another as map about town, state, world...

Map Image:

new version. totaly new graphics, a little change gameplay (more attack options), added victory conditions.
I work on this more as one week, so do not tell me that it is poor draft :lol:

Oneyed
Last edited by Oneyed on Thu Sep 25, 2014 4:49 pm, edited 10 times in total.
Private 1st Class Oneyed

Re: Man, don't get irritated

Postby greenoaks on Sun Jan 13, 2013 6:57 pm

is this based on a childrens game ?
Sergeant greenoaks

Postby Gilligan on Sun Jan 13, 2013 7:03 pm

looks like Parcheesi?
Captain Gilligan

Postby Oneyed on Sun Jan 13, 2013 7:06 pm

greenoaks wrote:is this based on a childrens game ?

well, it is allowed to play from about 5-6 years to 99 and more :D
Gilligan wrote:looks like Parcheesi?

this is German version which is used also in Central Europe (my home :) ).

Oneyed
Private 1st Class Oneyed

Postby Gilligan on Sun Jan 13, 2013 7:07 pm

in that case check this out:

viewtopic.php?t=124868
Captain Gilligan

Postby Oneyed on Sun Jan 13, 2013 7:12 pm

Gilligan wrote:in that case check this out:

viewtopic.php?t=124868

thanks. I saw it maybe year ago...
to be honest I do not know Parchisi and its rules. and Sully´s Parchisi looks different.

Oneyed
Private 1st Class Oneyed

Postby koontz1973 on Mon Jan 14, 2013 5:29 am

Yep, this is Parchisi, Ludo, Mensch ärgere dich nicht, Fia, so be it, Sorry, Aggravation, but what ever you call it, it is all the same and many variations have come of this.
ImageImage
ImageImage

Things to think about.
What happens if in a nuclear game, someone loses all of their nest? Can it be retaken?
How can the game continue if someone parks a stack of troops onto their own start point or any square, how do the others get round him?
Trench games, this is going to become extremely horrible to play. You have to wait 10 rounds before you can even attack the next player if you all start in the nests.
How will the players get put onto the board? If this is only going to be a four player game, you will need to ask permission form nobodies. Never looked at the other thread as it was not something I was interested in and really before my time.

Lastly, Oneyed, I understand the need to make maps, I really do. As a new map maker, I had thousands of ideas that could of been made and a rush to get them made. Not all ideas are good. Ask yourself this, would this map make a good addition to the site?
Lieutenant koontz1973

Postby Oneyed on Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:01 am

koontz1973 wrote:Yep, this is Parchisi, Ludo, Mensch ärgere dich nicht, Fia, so be it, Sorry, Aggravation, but what ever you call it, it is all the same and many variations have come of this.

not exactly. what I can see Parchisi has different gameplay.
koontz1973 wrote:Things to think about.

everything is in the legend...
koontz1973 wrote:What happens if in a nuclear game, someone loses all of their nest? Can it be retaken?

"Field, +1 for every 3 in the row (Start is not included)
any of 3 in the row attacks any region of Nests
koontz1973 wrote:How can the game continue if someone parks a stack of troops onto their own start point or any square, how do the others get round him?

I forget to write: Player gets only 1 troop from start and no bonus for number of regions. so bonuses will be interesting...
koontz1973 wrote:Trench games, this is going to become extremely horrible to play. You have to wait 10 rounds before you can even attack the next player if you all start in the nests.

why? all regions will be sorted between players... just Nests will be coded as starting positions.
koontz1973 wrote:How will the players get put onto the board? If this is only going to be a four player game, you will need to ask permission form nobodies. Never looked at the other thread as it was not something I was interested in and really before my time.

it will be normal map (for 1v1 to 8 players game).
koontz1973 wrote:Ask yourself this, would this map make a good addition to the site?

what? did you ask this also in Parchisi map for example? how much maps realy bring any good addition to the site? do you think that for example your Cairo map makes a good addition to the site?

after The Great War this is next offence against me. maybe you think that you are genius (only one here) and all your ideas (maps) are interesting, special...

nice example from you how you want to help...

Oneyed
Private 1st Class Oneyed

Postby koontz1973 on Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:26 am

what? did you ask this also in Parchisi map for example?

No, but it is something that is going to be asked now a lot more and not only by me.

Apart from that, all things seem to be good to go even though this seems like a very poor draft from you. ;) After CSFR and The Great War, I am surprised to see this as it is.
Lieutenant koontz1973

Postby Oneyed on Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:39 am

koontz1973 wrote:
what? did you ask this also in Parchisi map for example?
No, but it is something that is going to be asked now a lot more and not only by me.

and what is criterion for "good adition tot he site"? so you can also ask in Poker Club, Chinese Checkers, Monsters, Patch Wars, Chrsitmas (no offence from me against these maps)...
koontz1973 wrote:Apart from that, all things seem to be good to go even though this seems like a very poor draft from you. ;)

as my notice in the first post here says: just the first draft. we are in Map ideas, not?
koontz1973 wrote:After CSFR and The Great War, I am surprised to see this as it is.

are you joking? you was the second one who was against The Great War.

Oneyed
Private 1st Class Oneyed

Postby koontz1973 on Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:49 am

are you joking? you was the second one who was against The Great War.

I was joking. The two drafts for those maps where great and compared to this one, that is why I was surprised. I was never against the great war map. I just saw a lot of problems with it and I need to point them out. That was never personal. I would do the same to everybody if needed.
and what is criterion for "good adition tot he site"?

No set criteria, but things will just become stricter.
so you can also ask in Poker Club, Chinese Checkers, Monsters, Patch Wars, Chrsitmas

We can ask a lot of things of previous maps, but those have already been made. Just because it has been done before, it may not be allowed to be done again.
Lieutenant koontz1973

Postby Oneyed on Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:01 am

koontz1973 wrote:The two drafts for those maps where great and compared to this one, that is why I was surprised.

no, the first draft of the CSFR was worst as this one. and WE ARE IN MAP IDEAS, you are against idea here...
koontz1973 wrote:I was never against the great war map.

koontz1973 wrote:I agree with nobodies that we already have a map like this, so do we really need another?

this is what you said about The Great War.
koontz1973 wrote:We can ask a lot of things of previous maps, but those have already been made. Just because it has been done before, it may not be allowed to be done again.

what is not allowed? to do maps for funny play? what is bad on Poker Club for example? I think it is good idea, more specail as tons of maps from any state, town, battle...

Oneyed
Private 1st Class Oneyed

Postby koontz1973 on Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:10 am

Oneyed, you are trying to twist everything I say to be against you, and that is not the case. Go and re read what I said about TGW and you will not see anything in my post that is against it. Just advice on how it could get better. As for what is not allowed, that will come by in a case by case basis.
Lieutenant koontz1973

Postby Oneyed on Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:28 am

koontz1973 wrote:Oneyed, you are trying to twist everything I say to be against you, and that is not the case.

no. it is your notices such as "Ask yourself this, would this map make a good addition to the site?" which are against my ideas. did you ask yourself if yours maps make any good addition?
koontz1973 wrote:Go and re read what I said about TGW and you will not see anything in my post that is against it. Just advice on how it could get better.

yes. but this was your first opinion and notice "I agree with nobodies that we already have a map like this, so do we really need another? "...

I can not more continue on this debate. here. it does not help to this map anyway. ok, you are blue guy, but not blue god.

Oneyed
Private 1st Class Oneyed

Postby Seamus76 on Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:48 am

:lol: I think the title of this map says it all. Guys, don't get irritated, especially Oneyed. There is no need to take things so seriously or personal. And no offense to anyone else but if not for Koontz there wouldn't be much commenting on most maps anyway, plus like you say this is Map Ideas, and this is the place ideas are supposed to be torn down, and if they have legs stand back up and move forward. Not every idea is a good idea, and I can certainly attest to that. My second idea was for a certain terrorist's compound, and it almost started a riot or something in the forums. Needless to say at the time it was a bad idea, personally I think it will be made a some point down the line by someone.

Anyway, personally I support any map maker who wants to work hard and put forth any idea, as variety is the spice of life, but the flip side to that is it's the job of the CA's, and the community, to ask the tough questions which either make a map go away, or make a map great. Either way, at the end of the day just keep working hard, don't take things so personally, and have fun.

As for the map, and sorry to say, but I'm not a fan of Chinese Checkers, or those other maps mentioned, so I don't see myself picking this one much. That being said, I know there are a lot of people who do, and if you look at the other maps thread there were a lot of people that support it as well. But again, the community will push you to either make the best map you can, or bin it and try a different map. Some might even call it natural selection. ;) Either way good luck.
ImageImageImage
Sergeant 1st Class Seamus76

Postby Oneyed on Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:07 pm

Seamus76 wrote::lol: I think the title of this map says it all. Guys, don't get irritated, especially Oneyed. There is no need to take things so seriously or personal.

everything in the life is personal. more or less... :)
Seamus76 wrote:plus like you say this is Map Ideas, and this is the place ideas are supposed to be torn down, and if they have legs stand back up and move forward.

then lets dicsus about idea. not about draft, quality of graphics. as koontz for example.
Seamus76 wrote:As for the map, and sorry to say, but I'm not a fan of Chinese Checkers, or those other maps mentioned, so I don't see myself picking this one much.

I am also not. except Poker Club. but what will we do? which maps? only maps from real states, towns, battles...?
Seamus76 wrote:That being said, I know there are a lot of people who do, and if you look at the other maps thread there were a lot of people that support it as well. But again, the community will push you to either make the best map you can, or bin it and try a different map.

...and lets give to them chance play maps as they like.

Oneyed
Private 1st Class Oneyed

Postby generalhead on Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:22 pm

Like Seamus said it is Koontz job to question every thing that comes through the gate, if not we would be playing on maps like this.
Click image to enlarge.

I Actually like this one better that Chinese Checkers, can we trade them out this one for Chinese Checkers?
This map has better game play option.

My only question would be with the skinny attack route would there be a lot of Bottle necking going on?
Or even a lot of stalemates where there is no where to go so people just build troops?

There have been a lot of board games based on this; Boggle, Sorry. Does this translate to a CC map though.

This is my own personal opinion, but I think your geographical maps are awesome, I would like to see more of your works on geographical maps and less on boared game maps.

This doesn't have any thing to do with the map, but my son says they are called board games because they are boring. He says he gets bored playing them. :lol:
He is eight, it is a good joke coming from an eight year old. :roll:
Sergeant generalhead

Postby Oneyed on Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:01 pm

new version. totaly new graphics, a little change gameplay (more attack options), added victory conditions.
I work on this more as one week, so do not tell me that it is poor draft :lol:

Oneyed

EDIT: changed picture
Last edited by Oneyed on Thu Sep 25, 2014 4:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Private 1st Class Oneyed

Re: Man, don't get irritated, NEW! Jan 18th, page2

Postby Oneyed on Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:01 pm

generalhead wrote:Like Seamus said it is Koontz job to question every thing that comes through the gate,

I accept this. I accept koontz as blue guy and he helps (also to me) very much. but it is not fine when only one person has right to say what is good or not.
generalhead wrote:if not we would be playing on maps like this.
Click image to enlarge.

sorry, but I think this my map is a little better... :D
generalhead wrote:I Actually like this one better that Chinese Checkers, can we trade them out this one for Chinese Checkers?
This map has better game play option.

I did some changes in gameplay.
generalhead wrote:My only question would be with the skinny attack route would there be a lot of Bottle necking going on?
Or even a lot of stalemates where there is no where to go so people just build troops?

in new version are changes in gameplay which help to more open game.
generalhead wrote:This is my own personal opinion, but I think your geographical maps are awesome, I would like to see more of your works on geographical maps and less on boared game maps.

thanks. I work on The Great War map (next my geographical) while this is my only board map. and maybe last...
generalhead wrote:This doesn't have any thing to do with the map, but my son says they are called board games because they are boring. He says he gets bored playing them. :lol:
He is eight, it is a good joke coming from an eight year old. :roll:

I like some board games. I think for example Chess is great for mind, for example.
I have some friends with small children and I see that children do not like board games much (as had my generation). I think that children have too much another activities: PlayStation, XBox, PC and so on...

thanks for your input :)

Oneyed
Private 1st Class Oneyed

Postby isaiah40 on Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:14 pm

I have to say Oneyed, this current draft is really thinking outside of the box! =D> I really like it! I say if the community wants this, then continue in this vein. Good work!!
Lieutenant isaiah40

Postby Oneyed on Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:21 am

isaiah40 wrote:I have to say Oneyed, this current draft is really thinking outside of the box! =D> I really like it! I say if the community wants this, then continue in this vein. Good work!!

to do this map outside the box was my idea. the first draft was poor because I had idea about gameplay but not about graphics. thank you isaiah for kind words and for support ( a little present to my birthday which I had in Saturday, 19) :D

Oneyed
Private 1st Class Oneyed

Postby Oneyed on Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:25 am

the play field looks a little pixelated to me, so this is new version.

Oneyed
Last edited by Oneyed on Thu Sep 25, 2014 4:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Private 1st Class Oneyed

Re: Man, don't get irritated, NEW! Jan 21th, page2

Postby Dukasaur on Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:20 am

I like the new draft, with the hands and all.

This will probably never be on my favourites list. But then, Poker Club and Chinese Checkers won't be, either. For those who like the game-board maps, this is a good addition.

Bravo!
Major Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby Oneyed on Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:37 pm

Dukasaur wrote:I like the new draft, with the hands and all.

Dukasaur wrote:This will probably never be on my favourites list. But then, Poker Club and Chinese Checkers won't be, either.

me too maybe...
Dukasaur wrote:For those who like the game-board maps, this is a good addition.

this is also my opinion. lets play board maps who like them...

Oneyed
Private 1st Class Oneyed

Postby Oneyed on Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:52 pm

starting positions, neutrals. this could helps to understand game will looks at the start.

there are 64 regions. all Starts and all fields in Homes will start as neutral. also A8, B8, C8, D8 will start as neutral.

so we have 40 regions for divide:
the Nests´s regions will be codded as starting positions, 2 for each player (in 8 players game). the rest fields will be divided random (3 for each player in 8 player game).

Oneyed
Private 1st Class Oneyed

Next

Return to Melting Pot: Map Ideas