Conquer Club

Win % against former Conquerers

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

Win % against former Conquerers

Postby stoicbird on Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:26 pm

I've played two former conquerers thebest712 and sjnap once and beat both of them. So I have a 100% wins against former conquerers. I'm really just blowing my own trumpet but to disguise that I'll ask -whats your win % against former conquerers?
Captain stoicbird

Location: bedlam or sitting in the pub staring creepily at ladies

Re: Win % against former Conquerers

Postby benga on Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:41 pm

Game 12203169 this loser is better then you all!!!
Sergeant benga

Postby Swimmerdude99 on Tue Jan 15, 2013 6:30 pm

Do you like the Istanbul map?
Offsite to 12/31/2023. Reach out to TheSpaceCowboy to reach me
Major Swimmerdude99

Postby Qwert on Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:42 pm

benga wrote:Game 12203169 this loser is better then you all!!!

nope these its much better- Game 12097228

these its like farming,playing only on your map, i bet that you refuse to play in any other map if someone want to play on hes favorite map, when you win a game.
NEW REVOLUTION-NEW RANKS PRESS THESE LINK viewtopic.php?f=471&t=47578&start=0
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby stoicbird on Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:16 am

qwert wrote:

these its like farming,playing only on your map, i bet that you refuse to play in any other map if someone want to play on hes favorite map, when you win a game.

The Istanbul map is the best normal map to play 1v1 that's why I play it. You start with 3 troops to deploy, you can't get a small bonus from the drop and there is no special strategy to it unlike feudal or the aor's maaps. Every game is different and you have to read the map. I have no advantage on that map yet I have 69 win %
Its a true strategists map.

However, there will always be games where the dice decide. I recently lost 61points to a cadet that missed 4 turns in a 12 round esc game. I've also been beat by 2 cooks. Shit happens but I know I'll bounce back.
Captain stoicbird

Postby Qwert on Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:47 am

well you restricted your self, you never going to enjoy in CC. Its have to much interesting thing here in CC like Tournaments and Clans Competitions, unfortunately when someone decide that points its all what it hes goal,then all excitement and enjoy not exist anymore. Over 200 maps are here for fun, and you need to try to play in all maps , to achive some more goals,instead to play one map every day,over and over again....boring.
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby Donelladan on Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:52 am

Nah the fun is about thinking ur move, finding the best stragey, and fighting strong opponent. If you play alway the same map but that you have to adapt your strategy every time to beat your opponent then you got all the fun. Like chess, always same map, always same rule, but different game every time.

But if you play all the time same map with exactly same strategy for the 5-10 first move and then you always win because your opponent don't know THE trick of the map, then it's borinhg
Brigadier Donelladan

Postby stoicbird on Wed Jan 16, 2013 8:05 am

qwert wrote:well you restricted your self, you never going to enjoy in CC. Its have to much interesting thing here in CC like Tournaments and Clans Competitions, unfortunately when someone decide that points its all what it hes goal,then all excitement and enjoy not exist anymore. Over 200 maps are here for fun, and you need to try to play in all maps , to achive some more goals,instead to play one map every day,over and over again....boring.

I tried doubles but felt my partner was not in sync with me. I tried a couple of multi player esc games and won both of them, they just took too long. I've played numerous maps but this game I've found is my whole cc experience now and I am happy with it. Points aren't important, my highest is 2381 and I doubt I'll ever beat that due to the game I play.

And I never beat either former conquerer on Istanbul. I beat them on france and ww11 eastern front (or something like that)
Captain stoicbird

Postby chapcrap on Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:01 am

stoicbird wrote:
qwert wrote:

The Istanbul map is the best normal map to play 1v1 that's why I play it. You start with 3 troops to deploy, you can't get a small bonus from the drop and there is no special strategy to it unlike feudal or the aor's maaps. Every game is different and you have to read the map. I have no advantage on that map yet I have 69 win %
Its a true strategists map.

However, there will always be games where the dice decide. I recently lost 61points to a cadet that missed 4 turns in a 12 round esc game. I've also been beat by 2 cooks. Shit happens but I know I'll bounce back.

If that's how you feel, you should look into Circus Maximus.
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby laughingcavalier on Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:02 am

stoicbird wrote:
qwert wrote:well you restricted your self, you never going to enjoy in CC. Its have to much interesting thing here in CC like Tournaments and Clans Competitions, unfortunately when someone decide that points its all what it hes goal,then all excitement and enjoy not exist anymore. Over 200 maps are here for fun, and you need to try to play in all maps , to achive some more goals,instead to play one map every day,over and over again....boring.

I tried doubles but felt my partner was not in sync with me. I tried a couple of multi player esc games and won both of them, they just took too long. I've played numerous maps but this game I've found is my whole cc experience now and I am happy with it. Points aren't important, my highest is 2381 and I doubt I'll ever beat that due to the game I play.

And I never beat either former conquerer on Istanbul. I beat them on france and ww11 eastern front (or something like that)

Yeah stoic you tell the doubters, I am with you. I spent months playing Benelux 1on1s for same sort of reasons you play Istanbul. You'll find some other stuff you enjoy sometime and meantime well done. My record against conquerors is cr*p. I've played 4 or 5 while they've been reigning and lost every game. Not much better after they have slid down the table either.
Major laughingcavalier

Postby stoicbird on Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:17 am

laughingcavalier wrote:
stoicbird wrote:

Yeah stoic you tell the doubters, I am with you. I spent months playing Benelux 1on1s for same sort of reasons you play Istanbul. You'll find some other stuff you enjoy sometime and meantime well done. My record against conquerors is cr*p. I've played 4 or 5 while they've been reigning and lost every game. Not much better after they have slid down the table either.

Thanks, I don't know what's with all the negativity from the others. Can't a guy just have a boast in peace. I was expecting lots of congrats and recognition and all I get is sour grapes.
Captain stoicbird

Postby Qwert on Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:40 am

well i dont see nothing special , because i defeat 3 former conqueror. These guys are not immortals, and you only play once against these two.
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby chapcrap on Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:08 am

I'm not negative!! I was suggesting another map you might like. :)
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby stoicbird on Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:11 pm

qwert wrote:well i dont see nothing special , because i defeat 3 former conqueror. These guys are not immortals, and you only play once against these two.

That's better mate. So you've beat 5 but how many losses do you have and what's your win %? That's what this thread was about I thought, not which map I prefer to play but I'm easy.
Captain stoicbird

Postby Funkyterrance on Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:49 am

Probably about 50%. This game is based on dice and selective settings all said and done.
Colonel Funkyterrance

Postby Gillipig on Thu Jan 17, 2013 7:42 am

Don't try to tell the man which map and settings he's allowed to play. As long as he plays public games, and that these doesn't attract tons of ?'s, and he doesn't foe all the good players on that map, it's madness to say what he does is immoral or even worse, cheating. Not all immoral ways to play are cheating, and this is not even an immoral way to play! He likes one map, fine, he likes to see how many points he can get, fine, he doesn't play a ton of newbies or very low ranked players, fine, he doesn't hunt down users trying to persuade them to join his games, fine, he doesn't foe all the good players, fine. It's not forbidden to be successful playing only one map you know. If GLG tried to gain points the way stoicbird has, what he did would be alright! But he did foe the good players, he did persuade low ranked players to join his games, and he played a lot of these low ranked players. A glance at stoicbird's list of games played reveals that he plays majors, captains, lieutenants, sergeants, corporals, privates, cadets, cooks. A bit more cooks than average joins his games but the same can be said for majors. Actually way more majors than cooks join his games. He's not selecting his opponents and his opponents are on average not that overly low ranked.
He's won 68% of the games played with these settings on that map, if he's farming what then is my 73% on Das Schloss?
AoG for President of the World!!
I promise he will put George W. Bush to shame!
Lieutenant Gillipig

Postby Funkyterrance on Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:48 am

Gillipig wrote:Don't try to tell the man which map and settings he's allowed to play. As long as he plays public games, and that these doesn't attract tons of ?'s, and he doesn't foe all the good players on that map, it's madness to say what he does is immoral or even worse, cheating. Not all immoral ways to play are cheating, and this is not even an immoral way to play! He likes one map, fine, he likes to see how many points he can get, fine, he doesn't play a ton of newbies or very low ranked players, fine, he doesn't hunt down users trying to persuade them to join his games, fine, he doesn't foe all the good players, fine. It's not forbidden to be successful playing only one map you know. If GLG tried to gain points the way stoicbird has, what he did would be alright! But he did foe the good players, he did persuade low ranked players to join his games, and he played a lot of these low ranked players. A glance at stoicbird's list of games played reveals that he plays majors, captains, lieutenants, sergeants, corporals, privates, cadets, cooks. A bit more cooks than average joins his games but the same can be said for majors. Actually way more majors than cooks join his games. He's not selecting his opponents and his opponents are on average not that overly low ranked.
He's won 68% of the games played with these settings on that map, if he's farming what then is my 73% on Das Schloss?

Eh?
My point was just that conquerors are not really that superior strat-wise than your average "good" player.
Colonel Funkyterrance

Postby Gillipig on Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:04 pm

Funkyterrance wrote:
Gillipig wrote:Don't try to tell the man which map and settings he's allowed to play. As long as he plays public games, and that these doesn't attract tons of ?'s, and he doesn't foe all the good players on that map, it's madness to say what he does is immoral or even worse, cheating. Not all immoral ways to play are cheating, and this is not even an immoral way to play! He likes one map, fine, he likes to see how many points he can get, fine, he doesn't play a ton of newbies or very low ranked players, fine, he doesn't hunt down users trying to persuade them to join his games, fine, he doesn't foe all the good players, fine. It's not forbidden to be successful playing only one map you know. If GLG tried to gain points the way stoicbird has, what he did would be alright! But he did foe the good players, he did persuade low ranked players to join his games, and he played a lot of these low ranked players. A glance at stoicbird's list of games played reveals that he plays majors, captains, lieutenants, sergeants, corporals, privates, cadets, cooks. A bit more cooks than average joins his games but the same can be said for majors. Actually way more majors than cooks join his games. He's not selecting his opponents and his opponents are on average not that overly low ranked.

Eh?
My point was just that conquerors are not really that superior strat-wise than your average "good" player.

Are you the only one who has posted something in this thread funky? If I didn't quote you, you don't have to automatically assume I'm referring to you. I know you don't actually read most of the posts in a thread you post in, but if you went back and checked, you'd see that I was most likely not talking to you. Now I'm talking to you, see the difference?
Last edited by Gillipig on Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AoG for President of the World!!
I promise he will put George W. Bush to shame!
Lieutenant Gillipig

Postby Qwert on Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:47 pm

stoicbird wrote:
qwert wrote:well i dont see nothing special , because i defeat 3 former conqueror. These guys are not immortals, and you only play once against these two.

That's better mate. So you've beat 5 but how many losses do you have and what's your win %? That's what this thread was about I thought, not which map I prefer to play but I'm easy.

well if you want to have real picture against former conquerors, then you need to play quite large number of games, not just one game,and that these call 100% succes. I play over 20 games, and mine score not great.
When you play more then 1 game,then you post here and present real %.
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby Funkyterrance on Thu Jan 17, 2013 4:05 pm

Gillipig wrote:Are you the only one who has posted something in this thread funky? If I didn't quote you, you don't have to automatically assume I'm referring to you. I know you don't actually read most of the posts in a thread you post in, but if you went back and checked, you'd see that I was most likely not talking to you. Now I'm talking to you, see the difference?

It's pretty much assumed that if you don't specify who your post is directed at, it's the person who posted just previously. :?
Colonel Funkyterrance

Postby HighlanderAttack on Thu Jan 17, 2013 4:33 pm

Pretty sure I have done well. Is there a list of all former Conquerors? I know I used to kick blitz's ass 1v1 style :)

wish he was still here
We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act but a habit.
Lieutenant HighlanderAttack

Postby josko.ri on Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:44 pm

Interesting topic, I was curious so I made a research for myself.

Total 59-31 (66%)

JOHNNYROCKET24 12-5
comic boy 1-1
sjnap 3-4
King_Herpes 1-0
karelpietertje 4-3
rabbiton 2-0
Blitzaholic 1-3
Emmdizzle 1-0
thebest712 2-5
ljex 13-5
mc05025 1-0
ccatman 7-3
100mates 2-0
Kaskavel 9-2
Major josko.ri

Postby stoicbird on Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:00 am

josko.ri wrote:Interesting topic, I was curious so I made a research for myself.

Total 59-31 (66%)

JOHNNYROCKET24 12-5
comic boy 1-1
sjnap 3-4
King_Herpes 1-0
karelpietertje 4-3
rabbiton 2-0
Blitzaholic 1-3
Emmdizzle 1-0
thebest712 2-5
ljex 13-5
mc05025 1-0
ccatman 7-3
100mates 2-0
Kaskavel 9-2

That's a very impressive record. Seems like the older conquerers were harder to beat cause you been kicking arse of the most recent ones.
Captain stoicbird

Return to Conquer Club Discussion