Conquer Club

[Official]H.P. Lovecraft Mafia Endgame

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: [Official]H.P. Lovecraft Mafia Night Ten

Postby / on Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:14 am

Just as the earth took the life or the original killer of death, so too did fate claim his alteration; an early manifestation of the resulting perfection, the undead, yet not living human faced off against a killer, and was struck down. Was this an act of murder; was this creature still human after its body and motives were warped by the horrors of occult and science?

The elder god showed its powers once more, lashing out at the second remnant of the late doctorā€™s research, the imperfect creature that was once an anthropologist, shattered under the incomprehensible powers of the supernatural creature.

Once again these events coincide, two dead, two brought back, killed again, brought back by the scientific duo nights ago, and now both are released from their mortal shell once more.

show

Day Eleven Begins, With 10 alive it takes 5 to lynch, deadline next Wednesday
Sergeant 1st Class /

Re: [Official]H.P. Lovecraft Mafia Day Eleven

Postby new guy1 on Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:34 am

So the cult did not die and zombies are actually specified differently. Interesting.
Sergeant new guy1

Re: [Official]H.P. Lovecraft Mafia Night Ten

Postby betiko on Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:38 am

good! I killed doom last night, should've done it ages ago d'ho.
Ok, who has been abducted by a yith last night? we got to kill commander/witt. Might as well be endgame if we finsh those cults off.
NG, we got nothing against you and I don't think it's a problem for you if commander/witt gets killed. did he tell you who'se body he took last night?

to answer commander :roll: :

Commander9 wrote:First of all, Vodean and Jak, no offence but you're both assholes and slightly retarded too. You both shared the same winning condition, yet you thought that ousting more culties is a good idea. Well done... I'm particularly annoyed as I just needed to survive... FML. And the way I got there, I asked a question from Shogoth (who was dead) and apparently turned to cult somehow. Awesome.

Since it's pretty much over unless I'd be fixed with Jak's death, I'm saying good game. It's a shame really as even after I became of cult, I just needed to survive till end game, but Jak ensured that could not happen. Basically, I am still willing to cooperate as I just need to survive, but I would fully understand if you would not. Well played Rodion, IB and other scum.

I call this leaving in anger but whatever. You said it was over for you, therefore you meant cult would still be out there after jak's death and you confirmed vodean as part of the cult. You call them assholes and retarded but I'm pretty sure they got pretty much thought the same about you with that. Also "real life" didn't restrain you from actively participating in another mafia game taking place right now.

Why was vodean an unknown alignment and why did we learn doom's alignment?? that is strange. Is there some sort of janitor?
Also, interesting to see that rodion had yet a new colour. By the way, well done doom, you managed to keep a good low profile for ages lol, being zombie+cult sure had to be a burden lol!

I see that there were just 2 kills, I wonder if this confirms that doom was the killer, or maybe I was not the only one to target doom?

we are just 10 left then:

3.spiesr, revived day nine
9.safariguy5, revived day ten
10.new guy1
12.jonty125
15.rishaed
18.Little Witt 2.0 Commander9
20.thehippo8
21. pancakemix
24.betiko
26.soundman, revived day six

fastposted
Major betiko

Postby rishaed on Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:49 am

Ok here are my thoughts on the matter, Jak claimed they had 4/5 culties. I can rule out me, betiko, the revived townies and hippo as culties, but We have Witt , Doom(dead), and probably 2 others humans that haven't been found yet. PCM/jonty haven't been killed and I would suggest jonty as my first person of interest so. . . vote Jonty
On another note, the lynch on hippo didn't go through but by his last reaction he CAN be lynched if i read it right, why else would he be worried if the votes were tied?
aage wrote: Maybe you're right, but since we receive no handlebars from the mod I think we should get some ourselves.

Corporal 1st Class rishaed

Location: Somewhere in the Foundry forums looking for whats going on!

Postby betiko on Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:08 am

rishaed wrote:Ok here are my thoughts on the matter, Jak claimed they had 4/5 culties. I can rule out me, betiko, the revived townies and hippo as culties, but We have Witt , Doom(dead), and probably 2 others humans that haven't been found yet. PCM/jonty haven't been killed and I would suggest jonty as my first person of interest so. . . vote Jonty
On another note, the lynch on hippo didn't go through but by his last reaction he CAN be lynched if i read it right, why else would he be worried if the votes were tied?

yes, jak has always claimed that they were 5 (jak, commader, doom, vodean and?). this has always been a big question, was he bullshitting us increasing slightly the numbers or not? might need to look back in jak's revelations. I've had doubts in the past that it could be zombie rodion, but I see I was wrong. I've also had doubts about saf, but since he died once and came up blue, I see this was a bad lead too.
Jonty, could be... but not even sure about the 5th cult, so I'd personally rather go for witt 2.0.
But can't vote for him yet as I need every human to confirm they have not been abducted by a yith. If someone has been abducted by witt, the whole kanin incident tells us how to proceed. lynch the abducted, this will kill his body and witt's soul in it. the abducted will still be alive, but in witt's body which isn't a problem.
Major betiko

Postby betiko on Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:13 am

oh, PCM, I think you never confirmed this. please list us all zombie-revived before the formula worked. I think you got doom twice and rodion. who were your other targets?
Major betiko

Postby thehippo8 on Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:03 am

So, I hope you realise that I am on the side of humans by now. It is not natural for a human to be revived, even in Lovecraftian mythos. There is a story in The King in Yellow (not Lovecraft but a strong influence on Lovecraft's version) in which a scientist finds a substance which turns living things to marble. He starts with a rose. Then fish. Then he puts the stuff in his bath and does a rabbit. His girlfriend is maudlin and throws herself into the bath, becoming marble. The scientist kills himself and his friends are left to deal with the aftermath. One friend is given the house but can't bear beaing there and goes away for months before getting up the courage to come back. When he does he is surprised to see a cleaner there looking after the house, including a bright beautiful rose. A scream and she comes in saying the marble fish have been stolen and real fish flapping on the floor in their place. Then she wants to know what to do with a rabbit she caught. It dawns on him what is happening. He goes to the bathroom to find ... yes you guessed it she is alive. No its not Lovecraft but that's the closest story to zombies in a good sense that I've seen. But the difference between that story and this is that here the humans actually die and are revived. Throughout Lovecraftian mythos there are weird examples of nasty things coming from the beyopnd, half-dead things and things that never were. But none of that is good. For all those reasons, I targeted Rodion. He was never going to be a good thing and I do not accept he is human any more - crikey I am a God in human form and I'm more "alive" than the revived could ever be! They are not alive or even truly "revived" - they are cult puppets and not town. I suggest that the priority has to be cult and zombies.
ImageImageImage
show
Corporal 1st Class thehippo8

Postby betiko on Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:23 am

very nice story hippo but how is that related? funniest thing is that your story ends up with everyone alive and not harming anyone + these people were petrified then came back to their original form, which has nothing to do with a zombification. Not to mention it's not from lovecraft and that it was already shown on my wiki link that zombies could harm. why did you kill rodion, did you figure out I would target doom?
Major betiko

Postby thehippo8 on Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:50 am

Ah, there you go. No, it's a story about some twit who killed himself unecessarily (a la Romeo and Juliet) but nevermind. The point I was making was that there is nothing in Lovecraft that is good about zombies - period. There is plenty about the afterlife and the effects of the supernatural on the dead and the living. Rodion was dead. Revived is still dead but a puppet and dangerous to humans. Rodion lost being human. And town loses by countenancing it. Hope that is clearer for you.

And yeah, I hoped you would go for Doom.
ImageImageImage
show
Corporal 1st Class thehippo8

Postby DoomYoshi on Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:32 am

I'm a zombie, I can't die :(

GG
ā–‘ā–’ā–’ā–“ā–“ā–“ā–’ā–’ā–‘
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby jonty125 on Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:32 am

Those tap dancing elephants kept me up all last night! and when I finally got to sleep, I lost my ability to comminuicate with Yog-Sothoth
War doesn't determine who's right; it determines who's left.
Cook jonty125

Postby pancakemix on Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:50 am

betiko wrote:oh, PCM, I think you never confirmed this. please list us all zombie-revived before the formula worked. I think you got doom twice and rodion. who were your other targets?

Dpoom twice, Rodion twice. At least that was my impression. I never got any actual confirmation. Whether or not the post-perfection revived are zombies remains to be seen.
Epic Win

"Always tell the truth. It's the easiest thing to remember." - Richard Roma, Glengarry Glen Ross

aage wrote:Never trust CYOC or pancake.
Corporal 1st Class pancakemix

Postby pancakemix on Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:51 am

pancakemix wrote:
betiko wrote:oh, PCM, I think you never confirmed this. please list us all zombie-revived before the formula worked. I think you got doom twice and rodion. who were your other targets?

Dpoom twice, Rodion twice. At least that was my impression. I never got any actual confirmation. Whether or not the post-perfection revived are zombies remains to be seen.

To clarify that, I don't know if they're zombies or not.
Epic Win

"Always tell the truth. It's the easiest thing to remember." - Richard Roma, Glengarry Glen Ross

aage wrote:Never trust CYOC or pancake.
Corporal 1st Class pancakemix

Postby betiko on Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:36 am

pancakemix wrote:
pancakemix wrote:

To clarify that, I don't know if they're zombies or not.

really looks like you're covering your creatures PCM... how would you not know?

jonty, you're batshit insane. I guess that was a pretty complicated PR. It's been 2_3 days since you send 1 liners and don't reply to the questions/accusations adressed to you nor you participate in conversations. keeping a low profile for some ugly reason?

evereyone's got his vote/body today humans?
Major betiko

Postby jonty125 on Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:40 am

betiko wrote:jonty, you're batshit insane. I guess that was a pretty complicated PR. It's been 2_3 days since you send 1 liners and don't reply to the questions/accusations adressed to you nor you participate in conversations. keeping a low profile for some ugly reason?

I had great fun with an inflatable dartboard, yesterday, and I've responded to all accusations made towards me.
Cook jonty125

Postby spiesr on Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:28 pm

rishaed wrote:Ok here are my thoughts on the matter, Jak claimed they had 4/5 culties. I can rule out me, betiko, the revived townies and hippo as culties, but We have Witt , Doom(dead), and probably 2 others humans that haven't been found yet. PCM/jonty haven't been killed and I would suggest jonty as my first person of interest so. . . vote Jonty
Okay, for the cult situation it appears that they made three recruitments, on Nights 2, 3, & 4. Nights 2 and 4 appeared to be of humanoid targets while Night 3 was not. With Doom dead that leaves Commander and possibly one other person as cult members. Vodean may or may not have used his ability to align himself with them, but it doesn't matter anymore.
If the night scenes are accurate then we are left to assume that those revived before the formula was perfected were Doom and Rodion on Nights 2 & 4 and both of them again on Night 5.

Betiko, I am in possession of my own body.
Captain spiesr

Postby spiesr on Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:44 pm

thehippo8 wrote:Ah, there you go. No, it's a story about some twit who killed himself unecessarily (a la Romeo and Juliet) but nevermind. The point I was making was that there is nothing in Lovecraft that is good about zombies - period. There is plenty about the afterlife and the effects of the supernatural on the dead and the living. Rodion was dead. Revived is still dead but a puppet and dangerous to humans. Rodion lost being human. And town loses by countenancing it. Hope that is clearer for you.
Hippo, please explain how (using only in game resources) you are able to tell what effects being a zombie had on Rodion's alignment/win condition. When he died he was listed as "Zombified Town Tracker" and Doom was listed as Doom was listed as "Cult Zombie." Apart from Rodion being listed in Green as opposed to Blue there was nothing at all to indicate that thier alignments had changed at all due to being zombies. I mean, clearly it was an important element to their current state, but I just don't understand how you came to the conclusions you did about it's effects.

Also Hippo, can you please remind me what extactly your win condition is and what you are playing towards here? You have alternately claimed to be helping Town or helping Humans. These aren't exactly the same thing, in the sense that people with the role of Human were third party survivors with the ability to hitch their alignments to different factions. Town on the other hand does not have it's players listed as Human, even though they seem to all have been members of the human species. So, please explain to me again how your actions have helped each of these two groups and what you plan to do now that all of the zombies are dead.
Captain spiesr

Postby betiko on Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:00 pm

ok it's pretty clear to me. targeting little witt tonight would be a bad idea because I would misskill like I did with kanin if ever he takes a body. Unless someone shows up and tells me he is not in his body today and NG confirms he is not the abductor. WItt cannot be vigged, it's too dangerous therefore I'm up to kill cult. He is most likely the last cult anyway, and there are most likely no more zombies.

vote witt 2.0
Major betiko

Postby rishaed on Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:28 pm

jonty125 wrote:Those tap dancing elephants kept me up all last night! and when I finally got to sleep, I lost my ability to comminuicate with Yog-Sothoth

Is that a permanent condition or is that just for today? Because most sleep actions are just for that Night/Day cycle, but this sounds more like for the rest of the game, which IMHO sounds harsh for a sleep action. :shock:
aage wrote: Maybe you're right, but since we receive no handlebars from the mod I think we should get some ourselves.

Postby jonty125 on Thu Jan 17, 2013 3:35 pm

rishaed wrote:
jonty125 wrote:Those tap dancing elephants kept me up all last night! and when I finally got to sleep, I lost my ability to comminuicate with Yog-Sothoth

Is that a permanent condition or is that just for today? Because most sleep actions are just for that Night/Day cycle, but this sounds more like for the rest of the game, which IMHO sounds harsh for a sleep action. :shock:

Everything is permanent in a temporary world.
Cook jonty125

Postby new guy1 on Thu Jan 17, 2013 3:47 pm

betiko wrote:ok it's pretty clear to me. targeting little witt tonight would be a bad idea because I would misskill like I did with kanin if ever he takes a body. Unless someone shows up and tells me he is not in his body today and NG confirms he is not the abductor. WItt cannot be vigged, it's too dangerous therefore I'm up to kill cult. He is most likely the last cult anyway, and there are most likely no more zombies.

vote witt 2.0

I am not the abductor. I am in nobodies body.
Sergeant new guy1

Postby betiko on Thu Jan 17, 2013 3:53 pm

new guy1 wrote:
betiko wrote:ok it's pretty clear to me. targeting little witt tonight would be a bad idea because I would misskill like I did with kanin if ever he takes a body. Unless someone shows up and tells me he is not in his body today and NG confirms he is not the abductor. WItt cannot be vigged, it's too dangerous therefore I'm up to kill cult. He is most likely the last cult anyway, and there are most likely no more zombies.

vote witt 2.0

I am not the abductor. I am in nobodies body.

good, and you'd better not till endgame because it could only get you misskilled. did you have any conversation with witt last night? did he tell you if he planned on taking someone's body? I'm pretty sure he didn't, because if someone got abducted and is not saying it he could be misskilled if people agree on lynching the last cult, but it seems like I'm the only one to think so so far.
Major betiko

Postby rishaed on Thu Jan 17, 2013 3:56 pm

I have an idea if you guys are willing to listen. It should endgame/eradicate cult tonight/tommorow. First we lynch Witt today, Hippo vigs Jonty tonight, and Betiko (vigs?) PCM. It would hit every suspected cult character except maybe Betiko, but I clear betiko b/c he (vig'd?) Doom, at which point we know that cult is still active. If that doesn't endgame us we lynch Hippo tomorrow. With any luck we will hit the SK if he is still alive. So vote Witt. If anyone sees any flaws in this please say so. . .

Postby new guy1 on Thu Jan 17, 2013 4:08 pm

I see a flaw. I was told last night that witt is in someone else's body, but he did not tell me who he possessed.This means that someone is trapped in Kanin's old body, and Witt is in someone else's. That is all I know.
Sergeant new guy1

Postby rishaed on Thu Jan 17, 2013 4:14 pm

D: that's too bad. . . unvote. Well its not me i got "Jailed" when i went to sleep.

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Archives