Conquer Club

++No Handlebars[6/11]Endgame:Without a Trace (Mafia Wins!)++

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: ++No Handlebars [11/11] Day 1:A Chaotic beginning++

Postby thehippo8 on Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:12 am

@Rishaed - That song is EPIC! Wow!
ImageImageImage
show
Corporal 1st Class thehippo8

Postby rishaed on Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:50 am

@ Hippo- Glad you like it. The entire flavor theme is based off of it.
aage wrote: Maybe you're right, but since we receive no handlebars from the mod I think we should get some ourselves.

Corporal 1st Class rishaed

Location: Somewhere in the Foundry forums looking for whats going on!

Postby jonty125 on Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:24 am

Well that song escalated quickly,

unvote, vote rishaed I'll think of a reason later.
War doesn't determine who's right; it determines who's left.
Cook jonty125

Postby aage on Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:34 am

thehippo8 wrote:@Aage - Serious much?

Oh, should I not have voted? Or otherwise made it clear that I was not being serious?

Screw this joke phase thing. It's terrible. The song is okay though.
Sergeant 1st Class aage

Postby thehippo8 on Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:53 am

aage wrote:
thehippo8 wrote:@Aage - Serious much?

Oh, should I not have voted? Or otherwise made it clear that I was not being serious?

Screw this joke phase thing. It's terrible. The song is okay though.

You do whatever comes naturally, I was just saying ...
ImageImageImage
show

Postby Gustaf Wasa on Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:57 am

(And here I thought handlebars had something to do with dumbbells. Should have looked it up I guess.)

aage wrote:Screw this joke phase thing. It's terrible.

Agree, we are not getting anywhere.

Hippo hey, no need for sarcasm. Seemed to me too you showed genuine suspicion for Some7hingCLEVER. Usually a joke vote is something like "vote XX for bad taste" etc, not "vote XX for suspect posts".

Anyway, I stand by my vote for Little Witt. I don't know why he should refrain from posting with the motivation that we are still in the beginning and there isn't much to go on. If we all said that, the game would be silent.... If he stops by to post in other games, I think he would be likely to post here at the same time. Unless he is trying to fly under the radar.
General Gustaf Wasa

Postby Little Witt on Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:08 am

Gustaf Wasa wrote:(And here I thought handlebars had something to do with dumbbells. Should have looked it up I guess.)

Hippo hey, no need for sarcasm. Seemed to me too you showed genuine suspicion for Some7hingCLEVER. Usually a joke vote is something like "vote XX for bad taste" etc, not "vote XX for suspect posts".

Anyway, I stand by my vote for Little Witt. I don't know why he should refrain from posting with the motivation that we are still in the beginning and there isn't much to go on. If we all said that, the game would be silent.... If he stops by to post in other games, I think he would be likely to post here at the same time. Unless he is trying to fly under the radar.

What do you want me to do? I will post when I find something fishy, and I haven't, I have nothing to say about the opening scene, If day two helps enlighten me then I will of course be posting more so we can get the game on a roll.
Sergeant 1st Class Little Witt

Postby Nendreel on Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:46 am

unvote

Joke vote phase seems to be coming to an end.
Sergeant Nendreel

Postby Some7hingCLEVER on Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:42 am

Gustaf Wasa wrote:(And here I thought handlebars had something to do with dumbbells. Should have looked it up I guess.)

Hippo hey, no need for sarcasm. Seemed to me too you showed genuine suspicion for Some7hingCLEVER. Usually a joke vote is something like "vote XX for bad taste" etc, not "vote XX for suspect posts.

I saw his post as a joke. If I can remember he said I had my head in my butt and poop on my hand haha. I don't believe it to be serious.
Cadet Some7hingCLEVER

Postby Nebuchadnezer on Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:48 am

thehippo8 wrote:I'm here and I sense that clever is being too clever by half - aghast at the original post - bandwagoning - scared of spiders - head up his ... oops in his hands, ain't no excuses my schimeric friend - where are your handlebars now? Hmmm? vote Clever

How did anyone take this seriously? I guess the "scared of spiders" and "schimeric friend" are pretty damning. It's like Hippo was riding a bike with no handlebars or something...

Anyway, please explain what in this post was "serious"...
Sergeant 1st Class Nebuchadnezer

Postby rishaed on Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:58 am

Vote Count:
S7C (1) - Nebuchadnezer
Little Witt (1) - Gustaf Wasa
Jonty125 (3) - Just_Essence, S7C, NG1
Gustaf Wasa (1) - PCM
thehippo8 (1) - aage
With 11 alive it takes 6 to lynch. Deadline is on Jan. 27th.
@Jonty, hey bud you aren't playing the mod. . . if you were you would have to mention MLP. . .Applejacks!
aage wrote: Maybe you're right, but since we receive no handlebars from the mod I think we should get some ourselves.

Postby Some7hingCLEVER on Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:29 pm

Nebuchadnezer wrote:
thehippo8 wrote:I'm here and I sense that clever is being too clever by half - aghast at the original post - bandwagoning - scared of spiders - head up his ... oops in his hands, ain't no excuses my schimeric friend - where are your handlebars now? Hmmm? vote Clever

How did anyone take this seriously? I guess the "scared of spiders" and "schimeric friend" are pretty damning. It's like Hippo was riding a bike with no handlebars or something...

I agree he said I am being too clever by half I assume that means I was being to clever and he thought it a good premise to make a joke vote ha. But ill wait till someone explains how it's serious.
Cadet Some7hingCLEVER

Postby aage on Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:58 pm

Nebuchadnezer wrote:

The true question is: did anyone?

As far as I know everyone can at this point claim it was all a ruse from the joke vote phase and nobody could dispute it. I never took Hippo's post seriously; it obviously wasn't... but it was weird and hence my playful response. We don't call them "joke votes" because they're just remarks though. I don't actually want to see him lynched today.

His response to me was,again weird, though. I don't know why he assumed I was being serious. Still don't want to lynch him though.
Sergeant 1st Class aage

Postby new guy1 on Sat Jan 19, 2013 1:01 pm

Pretty sure aage is right, in the fact that everyone can claim its just jokes. I loathe he joke vote stage, so this post is mostly just to show you that Im active.
Sergeant new guy1

Postby Some7hingCLEVER on Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:15 pm

Gustaf Wasa wrote:Hippo hey, no need for sarcasm. Seemed to me too you showed genuine suspicion for Some7hingCLEVER. Usually a joke vote is something like "vote XX for bad taste" etc, not "vote XX for suspect posts".

Here he says it seemed he was seriously showing suspicion

aage wrote:
Nebuchadnezer wrote:

The true question is: did anyone?

As far as I know everyone can at this point claim it was all a ruse from the joke vote phase and nobody could dispute it. I never took Hippo's post seriously; it obviously wasn't... but it was weird and hence my playful response. We don't call them "joke votes" because they're just remarks though. I don't actually want to see him lynched today.

His response to me was,again weird, though. I don't know why he assumed I was being serious. Still don't want to lynch him though.
Cadet Some7hingCLEVER

Postby thehippo8 on Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:16 pm

Okay, seems that joke vote stage is over ... unvote to get ready for the real event!
ImageImageImage
show

Postby pancakemix on Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:53 pm

Everyone's saying the joke vote stage is over. So I guess it's over. But that's not at all the vibe I got. It's more like "guise, less get srs." To which I ask: Then what? The only remotely like a case is questioning whether or not anyone wants to be serious, and that's not even a case, it's just miscommunication.

Then again, I hate the joke vote phase as much as the next guy and hardly ever participate. I'm just leery of the lack of direction.
Epic Win

"Always tell the truth. It's the easiest thing to remember." - Richard Roma, Glengarry Glen Ross

aage wrote:Never trust CYOC or pancake.
Corporal 1st Class pancakemix

Postby Some7hingCLEVER on Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:33 pm

I don't think the joke vote stage is over unless we get something scummy out of this miscommunication. Otherwise we are in the same place we started.

@mod- has that prod been placed yet?
Cadet Some7hingCLEVER

Postby rishaed on Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:00 pm

Some7hingCLEVER wrote:I don't think the joke vote stage is over unless we get something scummy out of this miscommunication. Otherwise we are in the same place we started.

If you are talking about the one on Witt, The prod had been given, and he did respond 2 posts down after issuing it. If you wanted me to prod someone else I didn't catch it. :-s
Mod Note: If I see things stalling over the weekend, :!: If there are no objections I might shorten up the deadline :!: , however I will leave it at the full length right now, seeing as this is normal coming out of the joke vote phase on D1.

Postby Gustaf Wasa on Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:05 pm

Some7hingCLEVER wrote:I saw his post as a joke. If I can remember he said I had my head in my butt and poop on my hand haha. I don't believe it to be serious.

Of course I knew it was said in a joking way. He could harbor suspicion but say it in a joking way. Seems people finally got something to analyze for a while.
General Gustaf Wasa

Postby Nebuchadnezer on Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:52 pm

Gustaf Wasa wrote:

Hmm, a serious vote? I had to look through Some7hingCLEVER's posts to see what you mean. As usual this game makes me paranoid, but keeping that in mind, I can't see anything particularly suspect with the posts. Therefore I start wondering about the motive for your serious vote instead. There's that paranoia again.

Gustaf Wasa wrote:
Some7hingCLEVER wrote:I saw his post as a joke. If I can remember he said I had my head in my butt and poop on my hand haha. I don't believe it to be serious.

Of course I knew it was said in a joking way. He could harbor suspicion but say it in a joking way. Seems people finally got something to analyze for a while.

Right, not much to go on here, but Gustafa...look at the large print...you sure seemed to indicate that you took this as a serious vote. So your "of course I knew it was said in a joking way" is a deceptive post, if not an outright lie, based on your previous posts. It's small, and inconsequential, so I won't push any further, but you'll need to start playing more honestly if you are going to help town.
Sergeant 1st Class Nebuchadnezer

Postby Some7hingCLEVER on Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:54 pm

rishaed wrote:
Some7hingCLEVER wrote:I don't think the joke vote stage is over unless we get something scummy out of this miscommunication. Otherwise we are in the same place we started.

If you are talking about the one on Witt, The prod had been given, and he did respond 2 posts down after issuing it. If you wanted me to prod someone else I didn't catch it. :-s
Mod Note: If I see things stalling over the weekend, :!: If there are no objections I might shorten up the deadline :!: , however I will leave it at the full length right now, seeing as this is normal coming out of the joke vote phase on D1.

I must have missed it but thanks I just wanted to make sure
Cadet Some7hingCLEVER

Postby thehippo8 on Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:58 pm

What I find interesting - when you see those quotes placed together like that - is just how much it looks like Gustaf was trying to protect Clever. Maybe it was just an attempt to get the ball rolling, maybe he just sounds protective no matter what he says or maybe there is a reason for it? Is he soft claiming mason? Maybe soft-seeking support? Or maybe he's trying to give a clue to a scum buddy? I appreciate its far too early to tell - but mark my words, I reckon we will hearken back to Gustaf's early play before the sun sets on this game!
ImageImageImage
show

Postby Gustaf Wasa on Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:27 am

Nebuchadnezer wrote:Right, not much to go on here, but Gustafa...look at the large print...you sure seemed to indicate that you took this as a serious vote. So your "of course I knew it was said in a joking way" is a deceptive post, if not an outright lie, based on your previous posts. It's small, and inconsequential, so I won't push any further, but you'll need to start playing more honestly if you are going to help town.

I already answered that on this page, but okay, I'll do it again. It seemed his accusation regarding Some7hingCLEVER's posting pattern was serious, but of course I knew that e.g. "head up his" was not a serious suspicion about Some7hingCLEVER's anatomy.

thehippo8 wrote:What I find interesting - when you see those quotes placed together like that - is just how much it looks like Gustaf was trying to protect Clever.

I posted one time about how I thought Some7hingCLEVER's posts did not seem suspect, so I wondered why you thought they did. Let me see, what else ... I wrote that there was no need for you to be sarcastic. ("Serious much?") After that, because there has been nothing else to talk about apparently, I have had to repeat myself a few times - like my answer to Nebuchadnezer above. Don't know how to say it clearer. The nitpicking about wording here is tremendous.

I could go back and put together posts to quote, but it doesn't seem worth the trouble.
General Gustaf Wasa

Postby jonty125 on Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:53 am

The "case" on Gustaf Wasa, is nitpicking at best.
War doesn't determine who's right; it determines who's left.
Cook jonty125

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Archives